Home
Posted By: gonehuntin Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
https://corporate.tractorsupply.com/ESG/ESGGoals/default.aspx

Tractor Supply’s goals are to reduce our carbon footprint and achieve net zero emissions across all operations by 2040 and reduce our water usage by 2025.

DE&I Goals

Tractor Supply firmly believes in an equitable, accessible and inclusive culture built on its Mission and Values. We are establishing comprehensive 5-year diversity, equity and inclusion goals to support and advance underrepresented groups across its workforce, vendors, suppliers and communities that include the following specific, tangible actions:

-Double the number of stores where Team Members mirror the communities it serves,
-Increase People of Color at the manager level and above by 50%,
-Increase spending with diverse suppliers by 35% and
-Increase commitment to funding programs and education for Black and African Americans by 30%.

These goals are established with a baseline of 2021, with achievement by 2026. To learn more about diversity, equity and inclusion at Tractor Supply, visit our DE&I page.

https://corporate.tractorsupply.com/ESG/diversity-and-inclusion/default.aspx

Diversity and
Inclusion Statement

"At Tractor Supply, our deep-rooted culture of Mission & Values is unique and is the foundation of our success. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture where we foster different perspectives, ideas and innovative thinking. One of our values is respect – the starting point for our diversity and inclusion efforts. Our strong culture is our values in action, and we truly care about each other and working together as part of the Tractor Supply family."

Hal Lawton
President & CEO

Governed by our Diversity and Inclusion Council, we also have a number of resource groups available to our Team Members. Our resource groups create communities for those within the targeted demographic and their allies to help make sure Tractor Supply is meeting the needs of all Team Members. Our resource groups include:

African Americans on the R.I.S.E.

Asian Pacific Life Out Here

Fuerte Juntos: Strong Together - Hispanic TMEG

LGBTQ+ You Belong OUT Here

Veterans Group

Women Out Here

Young Professionals
This obviously ain’t about their customer base. I suspect it’s directed at investors, since the big funds are all over this schitt.
Posted By: hanco Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by Pappy348
This obviously ain’t about their customer base. I suspect it’s directed at investors, since the big funds are all over this schitt.

Yep
Yep. And another way the economy is rigged against people who try to cling to reality.
Posted By: EdM Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22

Exactly.
They ain't too woke. Hell they won't open the doors before 8 a.m. around here. Day's half over by then for any "real" farmers.
Posted By: ro1459 Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
Sounds like business speak to me. They speak about percentage increases, not number increases. How many "People of Color" do you think they have at management level. If ten, a 50% increase is five additional managers. Not a big deal. Like others have said, they are talking to investors and government watchdog agencies. Still a great company. IMO.
Family farm and home it is

-Jake
Posted By: CCCC Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
Boilerplate virtue signalling.
Around here they cater to the city folks. Rural King has about them out of business.
Originally Posted by ro1459
Sounds like business speak to me. They speak about percentage increases, not number increases. How many "People of Color" do you think they have at management level. If ten, a 50% increase is five additional managers. Not a big deal. Like others have said, they are talking to investors and government watchdog agencies. Still a great company. IMO.
And that is exactly the attitude they want you to have. While they take your money and use it to fuel an agenda that takes more of your money, your rights, and your freedom.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Around here they cater to the city folks. Rural King has about them out of business.

Same in the E-Town area, Rural King is ALWAYS busy, while TS lot is usually empty. TS store is downtown, of all places, while Rural King is outside city limits (and they sell guns).
When I moved here 20 years ago, there were two mom and pop feed and seed stores and one Tractor Supply. I stuck to the mom and pop stores. Then one closed down about ten years ago. Then the other one burned to the ground and never reopened, so I switched to Tractor Supply for my chicken supplies. Now what am I supposed to do? Order everything mail order?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
When I moved here 20 years ago, there were two mom and pop feed and seed stores and one Tractor Supply. I stuck to the mom and pop stores. Then one closed down about ten years ago. Then the other one burned to the ground and never reopened, so I switched to Tractor Supply for my chicken supplies. Now what am I supposed to do? Order everything mail order?
And that's how a relative handful of people control the whole economy over time. They outprice and outlast the competition, then you have no real choice but to buy from them.
Tractor Supply could help themselves by selling much better quality animal feed than they do. What they have is for the most part loaded with roughage products. Says so right on the label. They brag about the fiber. Roughage products are probably rice hulls that they get for free. You don't buy feed for roughage, that's what pasture and hay is for. Their oil, grease, and filters etc. are no bargain either. I drove 80 miles one way yesterday to get a load of range meal supplement and a few bags of sweet feed for the cows when I have a farm co-op and Tractor Supply store 12 miles away. The feed I bought has no roughage added, is excellent feed, and is less expensive. If it cost more per bag than TS it would still be cheaper all things considered.

As to TS going "WOKE", they have every kind of fruitcake type working there already. I'll go there only if I need something that won't wait and nobody else has it available.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
While they may be woke, in the wake of NYS new CCW bullchit law, they were the only box store in my little AO that posted a sign saying "Lawful Concealed Carry welcome here". That was pretty significant in my opinion.
On the other hand it could be as simple as changing out their heat/ac to more efficient units to cut costs. They may have been going to do this anyway, but make it sound like they are helping the environment. They don't want protesters in front of their stores.

Becoming more efficient is not woke, it is just about saving money. I recently changed out my two air conditioning units because they burned out. I got the cheapest new ones I could, and they still save me about 20% in electric bills over the old ones which is good. But, I wasn't going to change out my old ones if they were still working.
Great idea - hire and promote people based on their race rather than their credentials. That's sure to promote profits.
Once 50 ish Management are gone all you’ll be left with will be Wokesters ..

Most Corporation Talent is from the Infected College/University
the Left Owns ..

Sorry They Won …
Posted By: Teal Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
I get my tractor supplies from Steiner's.

That said - we have a TSG here in town. It's the only store of its type within 30 miles of us. I've never been in there - just opened recently. So if they're looking for staff that mirrors the community it serves - no changes is likely the rule for the vast majority of their stores.
The TS in my town looks to have gone far and wide to find the freakiest looking folks to hire. Purple haired he/shes. The customer base are country folks who really don’t condone this BS. Go woke go broke. I go to the mom and pop folks for my feed needs. Plus they are about $2-3 cheaper on bags of feed.
Screw Tractor Supply.
Originally Posted by 348winchester
The TS in my town looks to have gone far and wide to find the freakiest looking folks to hire. Purple haired he/shes. The customer base are country folks who really don’t condone this BS. Go woke go broke. I go to the mom and pop folks for my feed needs. Plus they are about $2-3 cheaper on bags of feed.

Could be the country folk ain't applying and given what a place like this pays - it's likely people aren't driving 45 mins to work there. They're part of your community - hair and all.
Hal,

GFY
I’ve pretty much gave them up for most things not because they are woke but because it’s mostly overpriced Chinese garbage.
TS working with a queer group isn't corporate window-dressing - those faqqots will scream to high heaven if they're being 'used'
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Same here. They are the only game in town. My source for dog food, of which I use a lot!
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
And yet 90% (a guess) of their products are made by chink slave labor..
The local TS, WM etc and even a privately owned local farm store are staffed with pink/green/purple haired weirdos: some of them wearing tags that say "What's your pronoun?"

I avoid them and go to another checker if possible. One of the guy-girl things was working the register and without thinking I said "Have a nice day ma'am."

It replied "I am a sir!"

I said "Sure thing lady" and walked off.
The only place I've ever seen the pronoun thing on the tags has been Harbor Freight.
Posted By: rte Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
Never trust a woke guy like Hal Lawton.He worked for two woke corporations,Ebay and Home Depot, before joining tractor Supply.

He was responsible for their program that pushed vaccinations on "rural people".

He wrote a column in The Tennessean which was titled "How Tractor Supply Company is helping vaccinate rural American against COVID-19".

He wrote another op-ed in The Tennessean titled "Why businesses should follow Tractor Supply’s push for diversity, inclusion, and climate change prevention".

More than a few businesses have been ruined by these type of woke,educated ass-holes.
F them. How about hiring on merit. Period, the end. Racist to do anything else.

Bb
there's a couple TSC in this area don't go in one much maybe there's a reason for that I never noticed. it does seem like it's more of a city farmer kind of store.
Every corporate mission statement or vision has to include that garbage now.
During Covid scamdemic, local TSC, required picture of horse for Ivermectin sale.
Counted and limited number of patrons.
All patrons had to wear mask and get (forehead temp gun) temperature checked before admittance.
Never went in, will never return.

Got a new Rural King 40 minutes away......Much better store IMHO.
Hope they don't fúck up.
I didn't need another reason to dislike tractor supply stores.
'cept Florida who just yanked $2Bn from Blackrock...

I would add (a subset of highly vocal) employees to the driver of this farce.
Western Ranch Supply.
TSC was the only game in town here for many years. 3 weeks ago a new, modern, full stocked Atwood’s Farm and Ranch store opened. Armory, ammo, feeds, implements, et al. And BOOM. Just like that TSC is on life support.
Rather (and do) shop Gebo’s, down here.
Fuqck. Does this mean I can’t buy RM34 at TSC anymore?
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/01/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Tractor Supply’s goals are to reduce our carbon footprint and achieve net zero emissions across all operations by 2040 and reduce our water usage by 2025.

How are they going to reduce water usage? Tear out the toilets?
Never been big on them, but now. I won't shop there anymore! Go woke go Broke!
Looks like the WEF thugs got to them. The ESG ratings are ruining companies across the World only because Klaus Schwab made it up in the 2000s. People think it's to help minorities, when it's really designed to weaken strong Western countries from within so they can be taken over and controlled.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
And that is exactly the attitude they want you to have. While they take your money and use it to fuel an agenda that takes more of your money, your rights, and your freedom.

And that right there is what apathetic people will never get a hold of.

APATHY IS THE GLOVE IN WHICH EVIL SLIPS ITS HAND.............Bodie Thoene
Originally Posted by Pat85

Usually by letting the bathroom get so dirty you choose not to use it. It’s always 50/50 if the bathroom is in order. Rural King is a much better store.
Originally Posted by Grumman
Originally Posted by Pat85

Usually by letting the bathroom get so dirty you choose not to use it. It’s always 50/50 if the bathroom is in order. Rural King is a much better store.
I’d love to see a Rural King open up around here. Seeing Slum and Rene describe them it sounds like equal parts awesome store with a gun counter and circus sideshow all rolled into one.
Only the “farmers” with shiny wheels shop at TSC around here.
That last 5% of carbon footprint is going to be nearly impossible and VERY expensive while remaining completely unnecessary. Fools abound.
Tractor Supply should stop enabling the non-greenies by not selling anything with an internal combustion engine, anything for use by things with internal combustion engines and anything produced or delivered with the aid of an internal combustion engine.
My thoughts on the quotas they listed:

Double the number of stores where Team Members mirror the communities it serves,
If you want your employees to mirror the community then take applications. Not hard to do.

-Increase People of Color at the manager level and above by 50%,
Why stop at 50%? Seems racist for the guy or gal that comes along that would be 51%!

-Increase spending with diverse suppliers by 35%
If they offer the best price, selection, delivery and service, be my guest.

-Increase commitment to funding programs and education for Black and African Americans by 30%.
Why only 30%? Why not double or triple it?
I did a lot of business with them before Covid. At that time I was replacing pasture fences and they had most everything I needed, must have bought 25 or more rolls of barbed wire, t posts, etc. I was buying enough that I was getting an in store credit coupon about once a month. I got to know some of the employees and they were just regular folks that owned some horses, chickens, goats or whatever.
Now I have just about stopped going in there. All of the employees that I knew are gone and replaced mostly with overweight women that don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Now most of my supplies come from Southern States Co-Op or ordered online.
Runnings is Tractor Supply with a gun dept
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

No need to worry, everything's fine, citizen. Hey, pick up that can, too!
I'm glad someone brought this up. It's been all over the innanet for a few days. Saw this reference on another site,

https://www.investors.com/news/esg-...nvironmental-social-governance-values-2/
It’s weird that NOG would be even rated.

Wild.
Tractor Supply is a joke. They have more home decor than tractor and farm merchandise. I call the place Chickens Plus.
This is what happens when board of directors make business decisions. Any business decision based on quotas for ethnicity hires and business partners doesn't factor in a lot of business. Making a particular cause for today a long term emphasis will most likely fall flat against future causes. Businesses come and go. Mostly for good reason.
Looks like they are feeling the pressure from their customer base on this.

I've contacted corporate, and will post the results of that conversation here.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/05/22
I sent Rural King a letter asking them to open a store close to me.

I like our local TSC though. Its good people that work there.
Here's what's funny. TSC's home office resides in one of the most conservative and influential counties (Williamson) in TN.

If there is a Rural King in the same town as TSC, I shop at Rural King first. Not due to the woke issue, it's due to TSC being more expensive and having lesser quality items.
Posted By: Tminc Re: Tractor Supply is 'woke'... - 12/05/22
They have and do suck and will in the future. Just say no boys.woke is broke
They have the plan for mediocrity and failure. Hope they get right after it. When you substitute filling hiring quotas based on sex,creed , and other demographics in place of knowledge, skill, experience and ability you are headed for failure. Let them bleed and hurt only way their sorry asked management and stockholders will learn....mb
No they don’t really care rather they care about the sales and think we all
Subscribe to the garbage the media puts out
Here's the email I rec'd from TSC today, after I called AND sent them an e-mail..

Looks like a form letter and they are passing the blame, and make no mention of any steps the company would take to insure it doesn't happen again.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That’s why I only shop at Atwood’s, gun’s , ammo, and hunting, and a lot of my ranch supplies, they ain’t Woke.
Rural King.....

For the win.
Free pop corn and low prices on ammo.
What they say may not jibe too well with being called a "Purple Level Sponsor" of the event... (Whatever that is)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
'cept Florida who just yanked $2Bn from Blackrock...

I would add (a subset of highly vocal) employees to the driver of this farce.

Blackrock is the poster child for woke ESG funds, which is why FL yanked the bucks. Funds are supposed to focus on making money for their customers, not changing the world. Other states are doing the same thing as FL, since the purpose of those investments is to pay for the retirement of state employees.

This ain’t new. As far back as the Clinton years, wokies were pushing to have fat state retirement accounts invested in “socially responsible” things like risky mortgages for people who were low-income. Robert Reich, Clinton’s Labor Secretary was one. Those fuggers don’t care one bit that the people who rely on those funds will suffer because of their dumbass notions; none of them are members of their country clubs, though they may end up working there to supplement their underfunded pensions.
[/quote]

How are they going to reduce water usage? Tear out the toilets?[/quote]

Brondo.
© 24hourcampfire