Home
My guts won't wake up. No pain meds since yesterday.
I'm rely hurting.
Still Praying for you.
Thank you.
Wake up, guts!

Good thoughts your way.

P
Hang in there Splat................more prayers coming!
Prayers on the way
Sending a prayer for you. Sounds miserable.
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'm rely hurting.

Hang in there buddy!!!! You will make it. Sending prayers for a good recovery..
I was wondering how you were getting along.

It was 3 days before mine started up, and i did not have the surgery that you were having. I did start passing gas toward the end of day 2.

They stressed that you drink more water which i did and then we went with cranberry juice and mixed in some agent to help push your bowels.

Wishing you the best on your recovery.

Are they able to give you some Tylenol? That will help you manage the pain.

I am sure that they checked you for kinks in you intestines.
Praying for your healing, in Jesus’ name!!
Hang in there
Hope it goes well for you, but a suggestion would be to read some of the drivel the howler toot posts, that will make you go.
Got a tramadol just a little bit ago, it's not helping much.
My guts are put back ok, I had a CT scan last night. My large intestines are full of gas.
I'm dehydrated, so a new iv was put in. Had a hard time finding a vein.
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Praying for your healing, in Jesus’ name!!

AMEN !!!
Hang in there its going to turn for the best any minute.
Prayers sent.
Prayers for good guts.
prayers sent from me splattermatic!
My guts are put back ok, I had a CT scan last night. My large intestines are full of gas.

Ask the help to take you for a walk. This will help with your gas. You need to move around a bit, this will probably help.
Stay hydrated my friend.

I didn't poop until day 8 post-surgery. I didn't eat much, so, there wasn't much there.

Again, praying for you.
Posted By: ribka Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22

pain meds are terrible for your stomach and you're going to have bad constipation. Hydrating, taking pro biotics and stool softener I hope

Have a hospital advocate?
I'm rely hurting.

hang in there man ..............

hospitals suck we all know that
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hoping for some relief for ya man. Rough one to go thru.

I hear your guts sort of want to be where they were before and they try to move back into formation and that causes the pain. Dunno if that's true.
Get well soon and go home!! Try laughing to get your guts moving:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thank you.

GOD touch and heal your affliction I pray.

Hang in there.

May GOD bless you.
My guts didnt restart for almost a week back in March.

Therefore, they only let me have jello and soup. Ick!!
Had my gut go on holiday back in 85 and it had to have some gut sounds before they would let me get up.

It took 3 days and in those days i could have water and ice chips.

One can make ice chips taste like anything they want to if they think hard enough. grin

Hope they wake up in great fashion,hang in there.
Prayers sent
Originally Posted by slumlord
My guts didnt restart for almost a week back in March.

Therefore, they only let me have jello and soup. Ick!!

Lucky for Rene you pulled through, Slum.

Without you, Rene would be just another skillet head killer. wink
Hoping things turn for the better Splatter.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
It's all about getting you up and moving. You have a cruise to go on in Feb.
Thanks guys !
I hurt so bad I can't walk.
Dang, Splatt, hang in there! Hope it turns around quickly for you.
Pain or not, they might make you walk to try and help jumpstart motility.

Actually, after 5 days of no gut sounds for, I left the hospital against medical advice (AMA) and after 50 miles of riding down the interstate; the bubble guts kicked in with a fierce anger. Had to pinch my ass cheeks together to get into the house. Dogs all waggin around in way…had to yell at them “GTFO of my way”, punted one of the barn cats like a football all up under my feet

Niagara falls let loose. Shew!!!
Have someone bring you some Arbys

ho leeee shît

No, really
Posted By: Deans Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
Prayers have been sent.
Copied from the other thread! Purely informational.

Dang! Hang in there man!

Originally Posted by 12344mag
Only have to drink a third of the jug of fun !
Back surgery tomorrow is scheduled from 07:30 am to 16:00.
Had to start clear liquids this morning, and drink from the jug.
Let's see how this goes today !!

What are you getting done?

Oh boy !
Opening my stomach area, and moving my guts to the right side.
Chiseling apart l5 and s1 to insert a non organic wedge to start a natural curve back into my spine, then putting on a cage.
Put my guts backs where they belong, ( I hope ), then sewing me up.
Then rolling me on my right side, and cutting into my left side, and through the muscle to access l2 and l3. I have been floating those 2 for some time, so I have cysts inside with my spinal cord. Clean that mess up.
Sew me back up.
Roll me on my stomach, and cut my back open, remove rods holding l4 and l5, add screws to l2 and l3, maybe remove screws from l4 and l5, add new ones ?, and fuse l2, l3, l4, and l5.
Then do a laminectamy (sp?), and sew me up.
They will be keeping me for a minimum of 4 to 5 days to make sure my internals are working fine again, and have me walk 18 laps a day (1 mile) around the floor before discharging me.
I'm in for a recovery for sure.
No more pain I hope.
Have a cruise scheduled for February 5th. 2 months, I should be able to don a tank and do an intro to scuba diving !!
Dude,

I had to look up what they were doing to you.

You've got good thoughts coming from here to you.

I'd be askin for a walk too, if they hadn't given me one yet. Constitutionals help. And some prune juice!

ho leeee shît

No, really

Gald it worked it's "way out" and you recovered well slumlord!

splattermatic will make it through this as well :o)

KB
Thanks guys !

Good thoughts your way splatter......can't imagine what you're going through. Looking forward to hearing that they sprung you and you got home. That dog of yours is jonesing for you.
Prayers on the way for you Splat.
Posted By: okie Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
Praying… my guts took about 4 days to wake after 360 back surgery liquid diet and no meds by mouth as i threw them up . Tylenol I could keep down hurt but got up and walked anyway pushed through it . Walking made a lot of difference. Throwing up was highly entertaining…get up and walk make it happen . It’s tough but just do it….
Posted By: 4xbear Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
All the best from here. Can't think of anything to help but fingers crossed cor you.
Posted By: selmer Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
Dang - sorry to hear that you're suffering splatter. I'd taken a hiatus from the 'fire for a while and wondered where you were at. The answer is "in the hospital"
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Copied from the other thread! Purely informational.

Dang! Hang in there man!

Only have to drink a third of the jug of fun !
Back surgery tomorrow is scheduled from 07:30 am to 16:00.
Had to start clear liquids this morning, and drink from the jug.
Let's see how this goes today !!

What are you getting done?

Oh boy !
Opening my stomach area, and moving my guts to the right side.
Chiseling apart l5 and s1 to insert a non organic wedge to start a natural curve back into my spine, then putting on a cage.
Put my guts backs where they belong, ( I hope ), then sewing me up.
Then rolling me on my right side, and cutting into my left side, and through the muscle to access l2 and l3. I have been floating those 2 for some time, so I have cysts inside with my spinal cord. Clean that mess up.
Sew me back up.
Roll me on my stomach, and cut my back open, remove rods holding l4 and l5, add screws to l2 and l3, maybe remove screws from l4 and l5, add new ones ?, and fuse l2, l3, l4, and l5.
Then do a laminectamy (sp?), and sew me up.
They will be keeping me for a minimum of 4 to 5 days to make sure my internals are working fine again, and have me walk 18 laps a day (1 mile) around the floor before discharging me.
I'm in for a recovery for sure.
No more pain I hope.
Have a cruise scheduled for February 5th. 2 months, I should be able to don a tank and do an intro to scuba diving !!

Wow! Just read this. Glad you are past that surgery. As to other parts of the anatomy, bowels tend to be regarded very little; that is, until they aren’t happy. There are few things as deeply painful as distended bowel.

As an aside, I can tell you that all that moving around during the case is a small nightmare for anesthesia.

God’s blessing of healing be yours.
Prayers sent for a happy outcome.
PJ
KFC makes my guts work quickly.

Get well soon.
Prayers for this pain to end relatively quickly....

Getting old isn't a lot of fun is it?

We're ALL pulling for ya Splatter!
Posted By: Scotty Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
Praying
Prayers sent.
Prayers sent!
hope things are better this morning, and moving along. So to speak. Let us know when you get out.
Hoping you get up and running properly quick. Can't be a damned bit of fun what you're going through.
Get better man.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Sorry to hear it splattermatic! Hang in there, it WILL get better! Best to you!
Hope today’s the day Splatter, hang in there!
I’m sorry to hear of this. Prayers from us in N. C.
You might have colic.

ho leeee shît

No, really

Taco Bell or Burger King for the win!!! 😬
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You might have colic.

They won't have to glove up and go in for a bit with humans I hope. eek
Hold on!
Gut cuts are bad.
Hope all the spine work went well.
Prayers for a quick and complete recovery.
Prayers for you, complete recovery soon
Posted By: johnw Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/02/22
Well Sheeeiiiiit Splatter...

That's a recommendation, not just a comment on things....
Posted By: g5m Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Thanks guys !

Best wishes, Splat.
Prayers for a speedier recovery.

Mike
Posted By: gunzo Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Hang in there man....best wishes.
You have what's called an Ileus. It is caused by the general anesthetic and meds used to stop your intestines from working during surgery. Opiods are a usual culprit.

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/what-is-ileus
Moved me off clear liquids diet.
I had this for dinner, but only a little to test gut functions.
I did take 20 minutes to eat a cup of vanilla Häagen-Dazs ice cream.
After 6 days of liquid, it was soooo good.
Some salt, and a cranberry juice topped off the turkey, and mashed.
I'm back on oxycodone again too.
They really do help with the pain.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Gonna try scrambled eggs in the morning.
Not farting alot, and bowel movement is going ok, just brown water tho.
Gizzyman,
Yep, that what I have.
Oxycodone can be what is causing your slowdown.
I promise you that oxycodone will do nothing good for your ability to chit ! Be careful using any opioids ! Plenty of people have been destroyed by opioids they started out on for legitimate reasons. I’ve had several back episodes where I was prescribed opioids but chose to suffer rather than risk addiction.
Posted By: WMR Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by gizzyman

Or it could be post op ileus since his guts were moved around and his spinal nerves were irritated at surgery. It’s common, and it sounds like it’s getting better. Concern about opioids is not unwarranted but they have their place.
Posted By: hanco Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Get well soon. I have a strong back and a week mind I guess. I’ve never had a minute of back trouble after 50 years of lifting heavy pipe and hard work. I’m very lucky!
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by gizzyman

Or it could be post op ileus since his guts were moved around and his spinal nerves were irritated at surgery. It’s common, and it sounds like it’s getting better. Concern about opioids is not unwarranted but they have their place.

I'm thinking it's a combination of both. An ileus can be terribly painful, especially with the bloat post op, when everything hurts to begin with and at best.
The gas bubbles moving were horrible pain, now add that to where they cut my left side, and bent me to install cages at l2, and l3, then my back hardware, I HURT.
I am have pretty good movement now, so they gave me oxy to help with the surgery pains.
I've been taking oxy as needed for months. I know about addiction, so I stayed away from the them as much as possible.
I have alot of them saved.....
I'm sure I'll be going home today.
I am sure that you will be looked at later this morning.

If they let you go home, slow and easy, missing all the bumps.

I am sure that you are bitting the bit to get out of there, slow and easy and follow your Dr. recommendations.

There are too many google Dr. out here giving free advice. Stay with your real dr.s recommendations.

Speedy recovery.

Be careful on the ice and snow. You do not want to fall down. That would only make it a real challenge then.
Hope you heal us fast and don't need all that oxy for long. best of luck on your recovery Splatter.
Posted By: JeffA Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Good to hear you'll be heading home today!

I want to see ya tearin' up the interstates with your Volvo 610 again soon.
I just want to shoot a few ducks over my pup before the season ends.
Thanks guys your all great.
Can't sleep because my hip is screaming at me. Damn, it hurts.
I won't be going out much, if any.
I have a wonderful wife who is taking great care of me here, and even better at home. I won't want for anything.
Hang in there, and get out of the hospital!
Prayers up for you Splatter.
After my operation and a month on pain meds in the hospital I had a tough time on the crapper as well. They finally let me out. My buddy gave me a ride home about fifteen minutes away. I walked in the house and into the crapper and had the best movement in a month.
Prayers continue.
I hope they've done some road repair since I was last up that way.
The gas bubbles moving were horrible pain, now add that to where they cut my left side, and bent me to install cages at l2, and l3, then my back hardware, I HURT.
I am have pretty good movement now, so they gave me oxy to help with the surgery pains.
I've been taking oxy as needed for months. I know about addiction, so I stayed away from the them as much as possible.

With respect, the fact that you have “alot of them saved” is very concerning. Hearing this, alarms are going off for anyone who deals with addiction. It can imply (hopefully incorrectly) that you might tend to self medicate. My unsolicited advice is get referral to a pain clinic upon discharge and do exactly as they advise; and dispose of any stockpiled opiates today.
Man, my heart goes out to you. I have been through 8 major joint surgeries and a double hernia surgery. If you are like me, the immobility is bad enough. Adding in fiery hot pain makes it really suck balls. Don't know what to say or do to lift your spirits. If probably have a few more shart stories I haven't told.
Originally Posted by WMR

With respect, the fact that you have “alot of them saved” is very concerning. Hearing this, alarms are going off for anyone who deals with addiction. It can imply (hopefully incorrectly) that you might tend to self medicate. My unsolicited advice is get referral to a pain clinic upon discharge and do exactly as they advise; and dispose of any stockpiled opiates today.

I live with chronic pain. I am never pain free. The intensity varies from nagging to excruciating. I can see how people who suffer chronic pain could become addicted. Literally the only time I have had pain free moments over the past 5 years has been when I took opiates following surgery. It's hard to describe just how nice it is to have a few fleeting moments of pain free life. Immediately following surgery they dull the pain. After the surgical inflammation subsides, taking one can deliver the peace of precious pain free minutes. To me, it doesn't even give me a high feeling. Just no pain and a sense of peace. I fully understand how people can become addicted. They scare the schidt out of me.
I've had enough humpty dumpy repairs to have had several Oxy scripts. I got off it ASAP because of the driving restrictions. It will knock pain like nothing else: but the one time I had to take it 3-4 days, I felt like total $hit by the end of it.
Posted By: g5m Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by WMR

I live with chronic pain. I am never pain free. The intensity varies from nagging to excruciating. I can see how people who suffer chronic pain could become addicted. Literally the only time I have had pain free moments over the past 5 years has been when I took opiates following surgery. It's hard to describe just how nice it is to have a few fleeting moments of pain free life. Immediately following surgery they dull the pain. After the surgical inflammation subsides, taking one can deliver the peace of precious pain free minutes. To me, it doesn't even give me a high feeling. Just no pain and a sense of peace. I fully understand how people can become addicted. They scare the schidt out of me.

Wow, do I understand your post! Good luck!
By saved up, I mean I didn't take 1 every 4 hours like prescribed, and have the extras still.
I'll be leaving with scripts, so I'll be good on pain management.
I will only be taking as needed.
With having a great care giver, a house with no steps, and a flat walking path around a stocked pond, I can not see me needing to use the medication much.
Praying for some pain free recovery….or at least pain free as it ever seems to get at our age
Careful shooting too soon after all of this! I tried patterning a turkey gun 3 months after my surgery. 1 shot was enough...
I'm lost for words, I'll keep Praying.
Posted By: memtb Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Wishing you the best, with a fast and complete recovery! While your gut is not working, it’s good to see that your priorities are in order…….keeping the fire burning! memtb
I'm blessed in that meds don't stop me up. I'm a regular kind of guy. My agony comes as soon as I come around. I had a right TKR 5 years ago and was so sick I couldn't open my eyes. Having not eaten in over 12 hours all I had was dry heaves. I tried a few crackers and soda, it all came up if I opened my eyes. I ended up staying an extra night just for that. The next morning I had breakfast and took my morning dump like nothing happened, well, except for my knee.
I have a wonderful wife who is taking great care of me here, and even better at home. I won't want for anything.

Have you tried any Benzodiazepines for the pain?
I know they’ve helped me in the past when the opioids didn’t do schitt…
Posted By: ribka Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Have you tried any Benzodiazepines for the pain?
I know they’ve helped me in the past when the opioids didn’t do schitt…

benzos are more addictive and almost worse than oxy. You can actually die trying to come off a Benzo addiction

When you get home and weaned oof of pain killers look at radically changing your diet to low carb, try cryo therapy and alternative methods of pain management. Like ketamine cream. Get a good pro biotic to get your body back in healthy working order

Its really beneficial to move every day as much as you can even if it hurts. Its a long road and have been on it many times

Best of luck make sure you have a reliable health advocate with you when you are directed to do things. Be proactive in your treatment. Best of luck, you'll be back hunting over your dog
I go home today !
Home health care will be coming to see me for awhile.

Let my new life begin !
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

Awesome! I'm around this week, so if you guys need something done that Momma can't handle, I should be able to stop by.
Posted By: ribka Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/03/22
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

congrats. Now the tough part begins

You have to be proactive in your recovery
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

Good for you brother. Home never feels so good as it does when you get to return from an absence like yours. Heal quickly and completely!
Originally Posted by WMR

I had a lot saved too. Thank God I did.

They sawed me open from armpit to armpit and booted me out with 10 5 mg tablets of oxy. On Day 4
What a pathetic, cruel joke. And that was Mayo Clinic. Ya know ‘posed to be da best. Fucgg that place

Luckily I had about 35 hydrocodone that go me thru the next two weeks.

Whiney ass old people and drug addicts have RUINED post surgical pain mgt for legit patients

And I go to Pain Mgt, it’s a joke- they don’t dispense meds, they refer you to physical therapy or do electro nerve ablation.
Originally Posted by WMR

I had a lot saved too. Thank God I did.

They sawed me open from armpit to armpit and booted me out with 10 5 mg tablets of oxy. On Day 4
What a pathetic, cruel joke. And that was Mayo Clinic. Ya know ‘posed to be da best. Fucgg that place

Luckily I had about 35 hydrocodone that go me thru the next two weeks.

Whiney ass old people and drug addicts have RUINED post surgical pain mgt for legit patients

And I go to Pain Mgt, it’s a joke- they don’t dispense meds, they refer you to physical therapy or do electro nerve ablation.

Doesn’t sound like the safest approach, but with the experience you describe, I don’t blame you. Damn shame when pain goes untreated. As you note, it’s the predictable result of focusing only on the misuse of pain meds.
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

Good to hear!
Glad you are home and best wishes!
I go home today !

Let my new life begin !

All our prayers worked, just like I knew they would! AMEN

KB
Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.
Knowing so many were out there pulling for me, helped settle me down alot.
I'm home, and in terrible pain still.
Home health care came today, and changed my dressings.
The cut on my back is @ 10 inches long !
Prayers for healing and a reduction of pain. I’m glad to hear that you are home.
More Prayers for your health.
Hang in their man.
Good luck with the pain.
Legit patients who need the meds get screwed now.
Glad you get to unass that AO! Continue to hang tough!
Damned dopeheads abusing opiods have made it hell on people in real pain. Watch out for muscle spasms, if you get a bad run of those going they are self feeding, getting increasingly worse and making the pain grow exponentially. Muscle relaxers are as important as the pain relievers when all those muscles have been displaced.
Prayers sent
I am late to the well wishes party. I truly hope that you mend quickly and enjoy many duck hunts with your dog. The best medicine of all! May God bless you with pain free days!
Here's a pic of a 10" cut in my back.
Got a road to travel.
2 more incisions, but no pics.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Glad you're home Splatter. I've had a couple operations on my back (L4/L5 - L5/S1) but no where near the amount of crap you had done on you. Take it easy and follow your doctors advice. Hoping the best for you.
Glad you got sprung.

Don't worry about taking any meds to ease the pain,you will not be on them long enough to get hooked.

Folks tolerate them differently but it makes no damn sense to be in that kind of pain and not at least get some relief.

Remember you know you best not folks on the internet.

Keep getting better it will happen.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Hang in their man.
Good luck with the pain.

Yep. Dopers screwed it up for the folks that actually need pain meds.

I’ve had back surgery before.
I’ve taken Hydracodine after a couple of surgeries.
Threw that schitt out when I didn’t need it anymore.

I truly believe most “addicts” became one because they like to get high. They abused that schitt. And not because they were in pain.

Same can be said for alcohol abuse.

When you don’t need the pain meds anymore, don’t take them.

Glad to hear you’re finally out of the Hospital! Hope the pain is minimal and you get better soon !
Walking helped me more than anything. Including most of the therapy. Along with a positive attitude.
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Damned dopeheads abusing opiods have made it hell on people in real pain. Watch out for muscle spasms, if you get a bad run of those going they are self feeding, getting increasingly worse and making the pain grow exponentially. Muscle relaxers are as important as the pain relievers when all those muscles have been displaced.

Agreed.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Hang in their man.
Good luck with the pain.

Along with a positive attitude.

Not one person here would argue you have a positive attitude.
I still have a lot methocarbs relaxers, never took many of them. Didn’t feel like they worked anyway.

But I dayum sure ain’t flushing them.

When your ass gets roped the fouck into helping a bud or family member hang a dozen overhead lights or you need to drop a transmission or cut 4 cords of oak this weekend….ol Dr Barnaby Jones ain’t gonna give you a short script for your temporary agony.

But ya know…well fouck me if youre like wabigoon and hire a mechanic for a fuggin lightbulb…I suppose you’ll never be in pain
Continue to pray for you, with a great recovery.

Hopefully the pain subsides, be better each day.

Wishing you all the best.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Hang in their man.
Good luck with the pain.

Once again, as per usual, you prove your a classless, clueless Little Man by stalking me on a thread about a fellow members medical crisis. Your an idiot and a POS.
But everyone here already knew that, without you pointing it out.
Hang in their man.
Good luck with the pain.

Once again, as per usual, you prove your a classless, clueless Little Man by stalking me on a thread about a fellow members medical crisis. Your an idiot and a POS.
But everyone here already knew that, without you pointing it out.
You’re very combative . I’ll pray for you.
Had S1, L5, L4 fused. The docs say to walk so walk your ass off, I'm serious walking will do you wonders so walk it off and don't let the pain get out of control stay ahead of it.

Good luck.
Had S1, L5, L4 fused. The docs say to walk so walk your ass off, I'm serious walking will do you wonders so walk it off and don't let the pain get out of control stay ahead of it.

Good luck.

Yep. Had L4 & L5 fused. Took me a little while, but I was walking 5 miles a day in the Pasture.

Good luck.

Yep. Had L4 & L5 fused. Took me a little while, but I was walking 5 miles a day in the Pasture.
You’re lying. AGAIN

Good luck.

You’re lying. AGAIN

Another Swing and Miss Shorty. Don’t let the Little Man Syndrome and Dick Envy eat you alive.
Life’s to short. Like you. 😂😂😂
Really guys !!
Ya can't give it a rest, can ya ?
I'm trying to post a thread on being positive, and coming back after this surgery, and this is how you have act ?
How bout some positive for any and all who've had their spine repaired ?
Some have positive results, and others , still fight the pain, and loss of living a full life.
Some real big manly guys on this site..
SMH... you disgust me.
Good luck splattermatic!
Really guys !!
I'm trying to post a thread on being positive, and coming back after this surgery, and this is how you have act ?
Some have positive results, and others , still fight the pain, and loss of living a full life.
SMH... you disgust me.

I have posted 4 positive posts about your surgery Sir.

It’s a shame Rick Bin allows a POS like AlwaysOutdoors to continue and attack folks on a thread about someone’s pain and suffering such as yours. Classless Wastes of O2 like him have just about ruined the Camfire Forum. There are more than a few just as bad here.

Hope your recovery is quick and the pain is minimal.
Suffered with my back for years and years and I sincerely hope your experience is much much better. More Prayers sent for your speedy recovery.
Hello splattermatic,

Hope today is finding you at least a little better than you were yesterday. As already mentioned, walk as much as you can and then a little more! Stay hydrated too, helps flush it all out! Hopefully you're sleeping good as well. To me, seemed about 2 weeks out is when I really started feeling better and then started feeling better faster after that. Take care!
I'll Pray some more.
I didnt know guts could go to sleep, what causes this?
Take it easy and let your body heal up.

Walking what your dr indicated you should do, however do not over do it as the next day is real hard.

On pain work on staying ahead of the game, playing catch up is a buggger. Other have indicated the same.

I go along with the 2 weeks before you think you are doing better. My wife was able to notice small improvement that i was brushing off. At 2 weeks you will be doing better, however again try to not go gain busters and over doing it.

Try and eat good meals that you like, that helps. I did not feel like eating for 3 days after i got home, and then gradually my appetite started to get better. As this progressed so did my improvements in getting around.

I found it difficult sitting in some chairs and we needed to add a second cushion on one of them.

It is a slow process to getting better, small improvements lead to bigger one, go with it and again work on knowing you limitations.

You will get to feeling better and wanting to do a lot, this is a trap as the next day you are dragging butt just trying to get out of bed. Again as some have mentioned pace yourself and control your pain and try to not over do thing
2nd dressing change, and nurse says all looks great.
Next doc appointment is the 20th.
In home PT starts next week.
splatter,

still pulling for you here in the Outback of sunny, not so warm today, Cali.
Really guys !!
SMH... you disgust me.

I have posted 4 positive posts about your surgery Sir.

It’s a shame Rick Bin allows a POS like AlwaysOutdoors to continue and attack folks on a thread about someone’s pain and suffering such as yours. Classless Wastes of O2 like him have just about ruined the Camfire Forum. There are more than a few just as bad here.

Hope your recovery is quick and the pain is minimal.
Suffered with my back for years and years and I sincerely hope your experience is much much better. More Prayers sent for your speedy recovery.

Prayers sent ,Neal.
I had a smaller dose of this back in 2009, fusion of L5S1 and for a few days after the surgery I thought that I was going to die, the pain was tremendous. The first six weeks was the worst of it. One of the worst things was trying to take a dump, you don't realize the pressure you put on your back muscles until they have been pulled away from your spine and put back during surgery. Getting the staples removed later was fun too. Before the surgery the disc between L5 and S1 had practically disintegrated and the joint debris and osteophytes was really grating on the nerves so that area was already inflammed. It took a while to heal but afterwards no more trouble from that joint again. It's hard to imagine having so much done as you have. They may have recommended a high protein diet to help facilitate healing, which might lead to constipation, already a potential problem with pain meds. You might have to use some laxatives, better than having to squeeze after getting cut up!
Posted By: memtb Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/08/22
Really guys !!
SMH... you disgust me.

OK…..a little positive. I had back surgery (fused a few vertebrae in lower back) 10 years ago…..I’ll be 70 in 11 days! Fortunately, it was a more minor surgery than yours and had no gut issues!

My surgery was done in early March, the following October, I drug a 2 or 3 year old bull moose about 400 or 500 yards down a relatively steep grade…..complete with some sage brush, rocks and a few small water washes. Once at the bottom where the Polaris Ranger was waiting, we put the back tires of the Ranger in a low spot, then cut the bull in half, then the wife and I lifted each half into the Ranger. It about kicked our a$$’s…..but we loaded it!

Ten years later and still doing pretty darn good! Is that positive enough for ya? memtb
Posted By: ribka Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/08/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll Pray some more.

are you and Steve still praying for Trudeau vax passports and raisin Canadian churches?

you were a year ago

what changed wabi?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: I'm still in the hospital ! - 12/08/22
Hope you heal fast. I had similar surgery in the early ninties. One thing that helped, other than exercise, eat two or three apples daily. Helps with the crapping a Meds turd, rough as a gravel road! And stops straining, in the head. Good luck.
I think I’ll just let my back continue to be fûcked up.

Between Lapua’s countless surgeries (he’s a frick’n stud) and what Splat is dealing with now. I’ll just keep eating Advil and Tylenol like Pez for few more years.

🦫
© 24hourcampfire