Home
I have a question for the forum Democrats. What is the issue that takes you over the top?

Your party continues to drift leftward. O.K., I get it, there is still something that, in your opinion, the Democrat party has to offer over the Republicans, that makes it so that you will ignore "things that work". Higher inflation, lower employment, more drugs, more illegal immigration, tax payer dollars to non-citizens, allowing minors to transition, white hate, destruction of minority communities (which I argue is blatant racism) etc. are all not enough for you to vote for Republicans over Democrats.

It's tough to decipher for someone like me. For thinking there should be more police presence in inner city black neighborhoods to protect the residents there, I am called a racist. Come on, really? For saying that minors should not be physically mutilated, given hormone blockers, etc. I'm called anti-trans or some such B.S. Once again, come on, really? For being pro-life because to me, hearing of a baby in the womb being killed crushes my soul, personally, I am called anti-woman. Really?

So, I reiterate the question, what is the issue or are the issues for you, that take you over the top when you decide to vote for Democrats over Republicans? I am truly interested. There has got to be something more important to you than all of that. Ignore those who are going to jump into this conversation whose positions will be the ever intelligent "you're a commie [bleep]" and "you're a [bleep] KcHunt". I know you can ignore them because some of you regularly start threads just seeking to poke the tiger so you can giggle at your ability to elicit such responses. Rather than poking the tiger, what is it? Thanks in advance.
I admire your attempt at getting a straight answer from the current crop of leftists but I doubt any of them are honest enough to answer.
There are only two reasons to be a liberal:

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff
I can get behind this answer STRS and agree that those answers are legitimate; but, most Democrats won't put those forth as the answers to "why" they will vote only Democrat. However, those can still be done, with Republicans in office. Arguably, with conservative fiscal policies, there can be "affordable" free stuff and even a more efficient "free stuff system".

Virtue signaling can also be done while voting for Republicans. The problem is, one "virtue signals", in my opinion, for two reasons only. First, is to pander, usually for self-preservation. Second is to make one feel better about him/her self.

So, although I believe your statement(s) to be true, they can't be the reason to choose Democrats over Republicans. Or, can they? I don't know.
The Shallow thinkers are ultimately extremely selfish. Abortion, free stuff, do what I tell you, etc.

The globalists play on that and use the left to fight conservatives so they can have their one world order.
You’ll get NOT ONE RESPONSE from any Democrats here. They are only here to troll and piss people off. They aint going on the defensive for you.
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
You’ll get NOT ONE RESPONSE from any Democrats here. They are only here to troll and piss people off. They aint going on the defensive for you.
I speculate you may be correct; however, I wish to give them the benefit of the doubt. I figure if one is willing to subject himself to scorn and ridicule regularly by something as childish as trolling, one should also be willing to subject himself to the same ridicule and scorn for defending or articulating what he believes to be a reasonable position.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff
I can get behind this answer STRS and agree that those answers are legitimate; but, most Democrats won't put those forth as the answers to "why" they will vote only Democrat. However, those can still be done, with Republicans in office. Arguably, with conservative fiscal policies, there can be "affordable" free stuff and even a more efficient "free stuff system".

Virtue signaling can also be done while voting for Republicans. The problem is, one "virtue signals", in my opinion, for two reasons only. First, is to pander, usually for self-preservation. Second is to make one feel better about him/her self.

So, although I believe your statement(s) to be true, they can't be the reason to choose Democrats over Republicans. Or, can they? I don't know.

You can park a whole lot of excuses under these two categories.

Virtue Signaling - Liberals believe they're smarter than everyone else, they believe they're more highly evolved than everyone else, they believe they're more capable to govern over the little people, they believe they're more accepting than anyone else.

Free Stuff - Too lazy and shiftless to get a job, too incapable to take care of themselves, believe that the government exists to take care of them, believe the system is holding them back, believe they are owed all the free stuff they can get, completely shameless and irresponsible.
You're either incredibly naive sir or you are one master instigator! LOL
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I speculate it is the former. I hope so because I think the alternative is not that I am a master instigator rather that I am just flat out stupid/ignorant.
Originally Posted by rickt300
I admire your attempt at getting a straight answer from the current crop of leftists but I doubt any of them are honest enough to answer.

OP is a waste of time. There is no democrat willing to fess up about how evil and corrupt their party is.
Orange man bad.
Waste of time.

You're trying to mix reason with emotion.
What the ones that aren’t Democrat?

The lazy fugs like Ta’Queen that won’t get off the couch and vote?

The use the “i didn’t vote for Biden” as their pit for the chit chow that they are apart of?
Tag to see what the enemy has to say for themselves....
I have a question for the forum Democrats. What is the issue that takes you over the top?

Your party continues to drift leftward. O.K., I get it, there is still something that, in your opinion, the Democrat party has to offer over the Republicans, that makes it so that you will ignore "things that work". Higher inflation, lower employment, more drugs, more illegal immigration, tax payer dollars to non-citizens, allowing minors to transition, white hate, destruction of minority communities (which I argue is blatant racism) etc. are all not enough for you to vote for Republicans over Democrats.

It's tough to decipher for someone like me. For thinking there should be more police presence in inner city black neighborhoods to protect the residents there, I am called a racist. Come on, really? For saying that minors should not be physically mutilated, given hormone blockers, etc. I'm called anti-trans or some such B.S. Once again, come on, really? For being pro-life because to me, hearing of a baby in the womb being killed crushes my soul, personally, I am called anti-woman. Really?

So, I reiterate the question, what is the issue or are the issues for you, that take you over the top when you decide to vote for Democrats over Republicans? I am truly interested. There has got to be something more important to you than all of that. Ignore those who are going to jump into this conversation whose positions will be the ever intelligent "you're a commie [bleep]" and "you're a [bleep] KcHunt". I know you can ignore them because some of you regularly start threads just seeking to poke the tiger so you can giggle at your ability to elicit such responses. Rather than poking the tiger, what is it? Thanks in advance.
A power and control complex.

kwg

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff

Cheap drugs and cheap kids.

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff

3. And they are pussy,s.....

BS,

You asked a great question, but I suspect that most here who ask such questions are not seeking answers but an audience for their complaints. If you fall in that later category I can't help you. If you actually with to understand the liberal mind, to mentally arm yourself to better defend our nation, I'll provide you some resources, but let me warn you, they may take you to uncomfortable places.

I'm not a Democrat, but I do understand the left, and what makes them tick, better than most of them understand themselves. In order to truly understand the differences you must take a trip through moral and evolutionary psychology. For the long version, I suggest Johnathan Haidt's "The Righteous Mind", Why good people are divided by politics and religion. The Righteous Mind

According to Haidt, there's 5 primary pillars to our moral psychology. Harm/Care, Fairness/reciprocity, Authority/Respect, Ingroup/Loyalty, and Purity/Sanctity.

When we chart this moral matrix across political divisions we learn the left effectively has a 2 channel moral matrix, while the right has a 5 channel moral matrix:

[Linked Image from vialogue.files.wordpress.com]

The first thing you should have notice is liberal are all about Harm and care (if it saves just one child), and "Fairness". The left and right more or less agree on the morality of preventing harm, but after that everything breaks down. For liberals, the second most important by a wide margin in Fairness, and for the right it's a three way tie for everything else except Fairness, which is where the right scores the lowest.

Here's a video hitting the high points of his theory:

Please watch the video and share some of your comments, then we can add some additional layers to the onion, this is a very deep rabbit hole.

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff

There are No Liberal’s …

There are only Maoist, Marxist and their Sympathizers .

Your either trying to be a Rainbow with the use of the word Liberal or you don’t see the Grave Danger these Malcontents pose to You and this Country ..

Liberal’s is a term for Libertarians and they never exhibited in their Political Thought any of the Malignant Maoist/ Marxist Behavior towards the Constitution or Social Order in this Country ..

Smelling Salts Please..

You Not Dealing with Liberal’s ..

You Dealing with the Devil ..

And Yes He owns many that you Shake Hands With ..

Monkey Left the Oven Door Open
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

BS,

You asked a great question, but I suspect that most here who ask such questions are not seeking answers but an audience for their complaints. If you fall in that later category I can't help you. If you actually with to understand the liberal mind, to mentally arm yourself to better defend our nation, I'll provide you some resources, but let me warn you, they may take you to uncomfortable places.

I'm not a Democrat, but I do understand the left, and what makes them tick, better than most of them understand themselves. In order to truly understand the differences you must take a trip through moral and evolutionary psychology. For the long version, I suggest Johnathan Haidt's "The Righteous Mind", Why good people are divided by politics and religion. The Righteous Mind

According to Haidt, there's 5 primary pillars to our moral psychology. Harm/Care, Fairness/reciprocity, Authority/Respect, Ingroup/Loyalty, and Purity/Sanctity.

When we chart this moral matrix across political divisions we learn the left effectively has a 2 channel moral matrix, while the right has a 5 channel moral matrix:

The first thing you should have notice is liberal are all about Harm and care (if it saves just one child), and "Fairness". The left and right more or less agree on the morality of preventing harm, but after that everything breaks down. For liberals, the second most important by a wide margin in Fairness, and for the right it's a three way tie for everything else except Fairness, which is where the right scores the lowest.

Please watch the video and share some of your comments, then we can add some additional layers to the onion, this is a very deep rabbit hole.

Interesting but out dated. We are more classically liberal than the leftist scum posing as democrats. That group could care less about fair or harm unless it somehow pushes their narrative. They also are far more into authority than we are. It is just they want total control/dictatorship. Not sure exactly what "ingroup" is but it sure sounds like groupthink and the left is 100% Borg.
Thank you for a well thought out question.

For as much as the Democrat party has drifted to the left I feel like the Republican party has drifted just as far to the right as well. For me personally it is social issues. Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body. The 6 week abortion laws in some states is just a stepping stone to a full nationwide ban if Republicans gain control there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.

I don't expect this to change your mind, and I doubt it will change your but dialogue is good
Why did you leave out Sexual Preference..

Unicorn..

If he gets some Dem to respond that would make him a "Master Baiter".

For as much as the Democrat party has drifted to the left I feel like the Republican party has drifted just as far to the right as well. For me personally it is social issues. Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body. The 6 week abortion laws in some states is just a stepping stone to a full nationwide ban if Republicans gain control there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Abortion is not a legitimate reason to throw the nation into chaos, open the borders, force vaccinations. Any blithering idiot that can't see why some consider abortion a crime against nature is correctly labeled. Why you would embrace something as corrupt as the Biden administration over Abortion is impossible for anyone with critical thinking skills to imagine.

Environmental issues are another one. Republicans over the last 15-20 years have become much more opposed to anything regarding the threat climate change poses. I believe it is real and it is serious. The drought in the SW is nearing critical levels. Why the opposition to any attempts at green energy? It seems Republicans are more concerned with corporation profits at the expense of the environment.

This is why you are considered a complete idiot among people who actually are able to grasp reality. Republicans are not in opposition to green energy they just logically see it can not fulfill our needs. Neither wind or solar is environmentally friendly either. As for climate change sure the climate changes it always has. We have only been keeping a scientific eye on the weather for less than 200 years. And there have been many droughts, think dust bowl days. The utter idiocy of climate change cultists is that they seem to think C02 is the boogie man when it is one of the most beneficial gases in nature. There are several other ironies, such as it takes more than 700 acres of solar panels to match one very small power plant that is run on natural gas. 700 acres where nothing lives not even ants. Wind generators are also not good for the environment and look how many they put up! Right in front of your eyes and you can't see or grasp the reality of it.

I don't expect this to change your mind, and I doubt it will change your but dialogue is good

Change our minds? We sit her in awe as you absolute jackasses embrace a totalitarian dictatorship simply because your heads are soooo far up your asses. No in actuality to us we don't care what you think because we really don't think you are capable of deep thought of any sort.
Originally Posted by akrange

1. Virtue Signaling
2. The Free Stuff

There are No Liberal’s …

There are only Maoist, Marxist and their Sympathizers .

Your either trying to be a Rainbow with the use of the word Liberal or you don’t see the Grave Danger these Malcontents pose to You and this Country ..

Liberal’s is a term for Libertarians and they never exhibited in their Political Thought any of the Malignant Maoist/ Marxist Behavior towards the Constitution or Social Order in this Country ..

Smelling Salts Please..

You Not Dealing with Liberal’s ..

You Dealing with the Devil ..

And Yes He owns many that you Shake Hands With ..

Monkey Left the Oven Door Open

^^^^ This

You are dealing with demonically possessed individuals. It's that simple.
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anti Religion
Anti Trump
Supports Ukraine
Supports Covid Mandates
Supports Abortion
Supports LGBT
Supports Global Warming Lies
Supports the Biden Regime
Supports Gun Control

Ect, Ect, Ect.
I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body.

Does the the government have the right to require you to have a vaccine injection into your body, for what ever reason? Man or Woman?

BS,

Interesting but out dated. We are more classically liberal than the leftist scum posing as democrats. That group could care less about fair or harm unless it somehow pushes their narrative. They also are far more into authority than we are. It is just they want total control/dictatorship. Not sure exactly what "ingroup" is but it sure sounds like groupthink and the left is 100% Borg.

You are not wrong, but it's not that simple either. First let me answer your question about "ingroup" This category is more broadly considered ingroup and loyalty. That group could be your family, your community, your sports team, or your nation.

Next, lets dispense with the caricatures and deal with those on the left addresses by the OP, the average leftist voter who might wander onto the fire. Most of these people honestly believe they're acting in the best interests of society. I'm not saying they're right, I'm just that what they believe.

Remember the left sees the world in two axis, harm/care and "fairness", which is basically a materialist view of the world. In other words, the left see the world in terms of children and predators. Anyone who is not helpless or on the bottom of the heap is a predator and they must protect the children from the predators. If you, or your group, makes more money, you're a predator. If you own a gun, you're predator. If you believe in strong borders, you're a predator. In their minds, they "care" for the oppressed, so they must protect them from the predators even if that mean killing 10's of millions like Stalin and Mao.

The fatal flaw of the left is an excess of empathy. Here's how I describe it.

On a cold fall morning a mother with a newborn baby finds a rattlesnake in her back yard. It's so cold the poor snake stiff and can't move. The woman's so concerned for the poor snake she brings it inside and puts in in the crib with her newborn.

And that is the fatal flaw of the left. Yes, I know I mixed by metaphors, but you get the point. As life gets easier it's harder for the highly empathetic to find true victims so they continue to cater to smaller and smaller marginalized groups until they are putting vipers into the baby's crib.

As for your point about the new authoritarian/Borgian nature of the left, again, you're not wrong, it's just driven from a different place, their version of "purity". Below Haidt talks about this in the context of what's happening on your University campuses.

Also interesting. I see chaos in the future.
AS, I actually read that book several years ago and it is a very interesting read with some "helpful" insight. As to the video, I appreciate the link. The purpose of my post/thread is not to really "understand" our Democrat, liberal and even leftist members. It is to have them articulate their positions and, hopefully, defend them. For some reason they won't. I am open to the fact, since there really aren't that many on this forum, that they just haven't stumbled across this thread yet. As stated before, I know I am naive.

To those Democrats, liberals and leftists, in addition to my original interrogative, how far are you willing to let things go before your vote is used to say "enough is enough"?
Hey sycamore! All the sudden you got nothing to say?

sycamore: ( pretends he doesn’t see the thread. )
AS, I actually read that book several years ago and it is a very interesting read with some "helpful" insight. As to the video, I appreciate the link. The purpose of my post/thread is not to really "understand" or Democrat, liberal and even leftist members. It is to have them articulate their positions and, hopefully, defend them. For some reason they won't. I am open to the fact, since there really aren't that many on this forum, that they just haven't stumbled across this thread yet. As stated before, I know I am naive.

To those Democrats, liberals and leftists, in addition to my original interrogative, how far are you willing to let things go before your vote is used to say "enough is enough"?

Glad to hear you've read it. It dropped a lot of pieces in place for me as well. A lot of people on the left would benefit from it as well.

Best of luck getting some non-troll responses from the left. Clearly articulating one's positions is hard work and I'm not sure they're up to it.
Well the one progressive socialist did articulate his position. He of course did not defend it, it is indefensible.
I think for the most part you will find the liberal voter to be someone who has been so indoctrinated that they are incapable of original thought. They accept what they are taught from grade school through college. Whenever they turn on the TV they are indoctrinated into "left thinking", the same as with their favorite celebrities and artists. Their whole life revolves around others telling them how to think and feel.

I have said it hundreds of times but the only way to fix this nation is through education and pushing kid's minds to the absolute limit. Bring back patriotism in school curriculum. Etc etc etc

There is no end game for the left.
The democrats I know of are Democrats because their farther and grandfather were Democrats! Simple as that. Family history so to speak. They don't pay much attention to much else and seem to trust that their party will eventually chose a path that is beneficial to the country. AND the only source of truthful news is CNN! I was told by a few of them that NOTHING on the internet was true! How can you deal with that kind of attitude?
I registered as a Democrat in 1972 when I was 20 but have never voted for a Democrat for president. I consider myself pretty conservative even by 24HCF standards. In Louisiana before the open primary was instituted you would miss out as almost all the local and even state races were decided in the Democrat primary. I did vote for Mary Landrieu once and until she backstabbed us on Obamacare she had a pretty good record. I still occasionally vote for Democrats or independents in local elections and three times I voted Democrat in hopes of keeping Bobby Jindal out of the governor's office and proudly voted Democrat to keep the odious David Vitter out of the governor's office.

Trump would never have won without Democrat votes and for that matter Reagan or no other Republican would win Louisiana without registered Democrat votes.

White Democrats in this state routinely vote for Democrats. I've thought about joining the Republican party but they are so gutless I'll just stay here behind enemy lines.
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
I was told by a few of them that NOTHING on the internet was true! How can you deal with that kind of attitude?
How many times have we seen similar views here from people on the right?
Originally Posted by GhettoSportman
I was told by a few of them that NOTHING on the internet was true! How can you deal with that kind of attitude?
How many times have we seen similar views here from people on the right?
I'll have to admit that I haven't noticed any on the right claiming there was only one source of truth!
Originally Posted by MPat70
I think for the most part you will find the liberal voter to be someone who has been so indoctrinated that they are incapable of original thought. They accept what they are taught from grade school through college. Whenever they turn on the TV they are indoctrinated into "left thinking", the same as with their favorite celebrities and artists. Their whole life revolves around others telling them how to think and feel.

I have said it hundreds of times but the only way to fix this nation is through education and pushing kid's minds to the absolute limit. Bring back patriotism in school curriculum. Etc etc etc

BINGO!.....you hit it on the nail!!!
Finally! Thanks for partaking PC.

Obviously my post was not only to elicit a response; but, to debate and hope for an intelligent response. First, I can see from your perspective, how it seems, based on Democrats' drift from classic liberalism, to liberalism to, arguably socialism or, more properly, "socialism lite" that Republicans have drifted to the right. I think it can be very successfully argued that the gap has widened; however, conservatives (especially the Republican party) in this country have drifted steadily leftward, just not at the rate Democrats have.

I always argue that most Democrats are single issue voters and that the largest single issue is abortion. It is interesting that any anti-abortion or pro-life position is painted as "telling a woman what to do with her body". That's like calling a pro-choice individual a pro-abortion individual. Notwithstanding religion and morality, from a conservative perspective, abortion is not in the constitution, period and should be left to the states. I would think Democrats would be all over that position as it is about the most secure means of them/you preserving your (women's) "right to choose". Now, there is no way that abortion will every be outlawed across this country. Heck, it will be a stretch to having a total ban in even the most conservative states now. Abortion is an interesting issue because it is argued "to the masses" through talking heads on TV and politicians in a deceptive manner, thus creating chaos and hate that don't need to exist.

Environmental issues is another interesting one. Conservatives are not for polluting or destroying the environment. If a Republican President were to urge the elimination of the federal EPA while leaving all current environmental regulations in place and leaving such issues to the states, Democrats would go apoplectic and call him "anti-environment". The EPA served a great purpose at its inception. At that time, no such entity existed at any state level. The EPA was necessary. Now, it is a huge waste of taxpayer funds. A similar agency exists in every state now and I submit that said agencies at state levels are more responsive to the environmental needs of those states. Add to that the maintaining of current (constitutional) environmental laws and I would think we could be quite resilient environmentally speaking.

Your argument about Republicans becoming much more opposed to anything regarding the threat of climate change is, in my opinion, misguided. It is how that issue is approached that alienates Republicans and conservatives. Having international agencies and governments tax people, directly or indirectly, under the guise of climate changed is ineffective, disingenuous and even insidious. I submit that if one were to simply take the money expended by all of the most visible virtue signaling politicians and celebrities who travel to meet one another at their preferred climate conferences and instead spend that money on world wide advertising and educational campaigns, we would be ahead of where we are now with very little debate or discrepancies. People would be willing to act in accordance with their own best interests.

I know I don't speak for every conservative on this forum. However, I think what I've articulated is closer to most conservatives' positions than how they/we are portrayed in the media. Because of who controls the narrative, the narrative is always changed. Look at my examples in my first post. Let's just use, by way of an example, a recent Supreme Court issue which will be dealing with "affirmative action". This is how it works. If I say, affirmative action should be abolished, why do you think I feel that way? I feel that way because I think it is detrimental to everybody: society, whites, blacks, institutions, employers, etc. and especially those "groups" it is supposed to help. You can argue that I am wrong on that assertion; but, not that it is why I believe that. Immediately Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Joy Reed, Whoopi Goldberg, Morning Joe (the list is endless) successfully label me and those like me as "racist" when it is the furthest thing from the truth.

A thousand years from now, future generations will not look at slavery in the U.S. as evidence of our racism. After all, the people who had all of the power and were the "enslavers", eliminated that institution and allowed those enslaved to integrate into every facet of society. No, they will use the history of affirmative action and programs such as the Great Society to show, more truthfully, the true racist history of our country. And we are still the greatest country in the history of the world, especially with respect to rights and opportunities for any and all minorities or aggrieved groups that exist, without exception.

To all others, I apologize for the very, very long post.
Most conservative are keenly aware of societal issues. They are also very aware of liberals and what makes them tick.... the left has no clue what conservatives are, they simply buy the false narratives fed to them by the MSM. They are intellectually lazy.

So you are Tilting at Windmills then? Nice try. All your Dem politicians want to do for he environment, is tax the beejesus out of the middle class, and get rich off you.

Well the one progressive socialist did articulate his position. He of course did not defend it, it is indefensible.

It's indefensible because it's contradictory.
Originally Posted by irfubar
Most conservative are keenly aware of societal issues. They are also very aware of liberals and what makes them tick.... the left has no clue what conservatives are, they simply buy the false narratives fed to them by the MSM. They are intellectually lazy.
This is absolutely true and probably the biggest problem area in our society. Any disagreement articulated by conservatives for whatever logical and objective reason is immediately labeled as "hate speech". After all, what else could it be. Exposing the masses to differing points of view and the "why" of those differing viewpoints jeopardizes people's positions. If "the media" were at least honest in their reporting, the "hate" and divisiveness that currently exist would all but evaporate. People articulate a thoughtful conservative position and half the country or more are convinced they are hate mongers and anti-whatever. However the most despicable and vile crap can be regurgitated by someone on the left and it is deemed thoughtful, helpful and loving input. It is truly insidious. Just look at the whole Musk/Twitter thing. All he is doing is saying I'm offering an open free speech platform for everybody. Now, because of that, he's the biggest hate monger, racist, etc. on the entire planet. Really!?!?
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Ah dammit lol, love the bricktop avatar haha
they "care" for the oppressed,

That's the biggest bunch of horseshit I've ever heard.

I'm pretty damn sure a fetus being chased around in the womb by a knife wielding vacuum is going to feel oppressed.

The liberal ideals are contradictory, that's the main reason they don't work.

I've never met a Democrat that can explain their position let alone try to explain it without getting pissed off, most yell and scream, it's funny as hell.
Originally Posted by gunchamp

Ah dammit lol, love the bricktop avatar haha

LMAO!

I wondered who would be the first to notice.

What can he say? He votes for people who want to saw off little kids pee pee parts, all in the name of free chit.

Some people don't even want to have the discussion and say climate change isn't real which makes them sound stupid to anyone who knows anything at all because everyone knows the climate changes naturally and sometimes with the help of outside forces like the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs 66 million years ago. The debate is whether man has been an outside force that is causing climate change to occur faster than it would naturally. The answer is just don't worry about it. Its too late regardless of whether man played a role or not. Its gone too far and there is nothing we can do to slow it down even if we could so who cares if man is responsible or not. Scientists talk about ice caps and glaciers melting. You'll hear people say they don't see the big deal about the oceans rising an inch or whatever and don't really believe it because they can't see it out their window. What no one talks about is that 2 billion or more people on the planet get their water from glaciers. What happens when the water runs out? If you look at satellite photos of the continent of Africa 30 years ago vs today, you will see that the size of the deserts have grown exponentially. The deserts in the western United states are growing. There are 17 states that are considered vulnerable to desertification. I don't know if you are a farmer or are into gardening and planting trees but we divide the country into hardiness zones. You may already be aware of this. When planting, you plant based on your hardiness zone. It maybe different for farmers. I am not a farmer but I plant allot of fruit trees for deer and I only plant fruit trees that can live in my zone. Hardiness zones in the US go from 2 the coldest to 10 the hottest. The reason I mention this is that I live in hardiness zone 7. 25 years ago, it was zone 6 so its happening all over the US not just out west. What happens when billions of people get displaced on the planet? China gets water from glaciers. Do you think they will plea for our help or do you think they will be a bit more forceful? Man will destroy itself long before any natural catastrophe ever has a chance.

The good news is that it won't happen in our lifetime and maybe not our kids or even our grandkids so don't worry, be happy. I find life is better when you try to look on the bright side.
they "care" for the oppressed,

That's the biggest bunch of horseshit I've ever heard.

I'm pretty damn sure a fetus being chased around in the womb by a knife wielding vacuum is going to feel oppressed.

The liberal ideals are contradictory, that's the main reason they don't work.

I've never met a Democrat that can explain their position let alone try to explain it without getting pissed off, most yell and scream, it's funny as hell.

Go back to the chart.

You disgust for abortion comes from your high emphasis on purity/chastity. This is why we see such a high correlation between anti-abortion and anti-vaxers.

Now look at the chart, and see where purity/chastity ranks for the left among the moral channels, DEAD LAST. So, in their view supporting abortion prevents old, evil, white men from repressing women from repressing women and their sexuality.

Here's another thing you probably don't understand. What's every mans greatest fear? If I recall correctly, you have kids and grandkids. Now imagine through the miracle of modern DNA you discovered you'd been cucked and none of them were yours.

Now what's a woman's greatest fear? Being forced to have a kids from a man she doesn't want. Now let's say she thinks she's found Mr. Right. What you don't realize, is that fear doesn't stop at the moment on conception. Over the course of the pregnancy the woman will gain additional information about the guy, and at any point, she may exercise "female prerogative" and change her mind. And of course this principle extends to the random hook up etc. So in the mind of the leftist the harm they are preventing is your repressing women and forcing them to have kids they don't want. It doesn't matter if the sex was consensual or not, at the time of birth the result is the same as her being raped. That's their perspective.

It doesn't matter if the sex was consensual or not, at the time of birth the result is the same as her being raped. That's their perspective.

So the old saying is correct, Liberalism is a mental disorder.

That's because you're a meanie who argues like this:

It doesn't matter if the sex was consensual or not, at the time of birth the result is the same as her being raped. That's their perspective.

So the old saying is correct, Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Well, its difficult to say which comes first, liberalism or the associated mental disorders, but the correlations are there. I could make a good case both ways. For the purposes of this conversation let's shelve that point.

Let me try to flip the script on you. You're in a committed relationship with a girl. She goes out and does a train 13 man train, takes it in every hole, full bukkake, posts the video on the internet sending it to all your buddies, and gets pregnant, and the kid comes out looking like the dude you'll see if you open on of Kingston's links.

Now imagine you're forced to raise and care for that kid.

Did that give you a deep primal reaction in your gut?

That's as close as I can come to what a woman feels when she realized she doesn't want the baby from the man who put it in her.

I appreciate the thoughtful quest and demeanor of TheBigSky in dealing with your post, but my reaction is based more on stark reality - not such gentle contemplative style. Engaging typical liberal/progressive avoidance, you thank TheBigSky for "a well thought out question" and then you refuse to answer it. He directly asked what it is that sends your type over the top. You ignore that and dish out mush based on "seems", "feels", etc, and your dissatisfaction because you can't get Republicans to give you what you want. So - no - such dialogue is NOT good - it is worthless with regard to solution or understanding. So, what is it that sends your type over the top.
Democrats will be the globalist slaves after the republicans are gone. Democrats will be no better off with globalist running the show. The populations will be gone and most of the people will be dead. The people left will be in worker camps.
Originally Posted by CCCC

I appreciate the thoughtful quest and demeanor of TheBigSky in dealing with your post, but my reaction is based more on stark reality - not such gentle contemplative style. Engaging typical liberal/progressive avoidance, you thank TheBigSky for "a well thought out question" and then you refuse to answer it. He directly asked what it is that sends your type over the top. You ignore that and dish out mush based on "seems", "feels", etc, and your dissatisfaction because you can't get Republicans to give you what you want. So - no - such dialogue is NOT good - it is worthless with regard to solution or understanding. So, what is it that sends your type over the top.

he answered the question....you may not like how he worded it....but he answered it....bob
You disgust for abortion comes from your high emphasis on purity/chastity. This is why we see such a high correlation between anti-abortion and anti-vaxers.

Where does my disgust for abortion come from? I view abortion as murder, yet have the view that most of the aborted are going to develop into the dredges of society that their mothers' associated with. Having read Levitt, there is a significant inverse correlation with the proliferation of violent and property crimes with access to abortion. Though those being aborted are from populations which I tend to despise as a whole, I still cannot morally support abortion. On the flip side, I am not "anti-vax" and am happy to take safe, effective vaccines with a track record of efficacy, yet I do not have support for any form of mandate from employers or governments. I did not take an mRNA vaccine (or any COVID vaccine for that matter) due to lack of efficacy and no track record. In fact, I almost lost my job over my unwillingness to take a new and untested injection which the pharmaceutical companies demonstrably manipulated data in their phase three clinical trial white papers.
Let me try to flip the script on you. You're in a committed relationship with a girl. She goes out and does a train 13 man train, takes it in every hole, full bukkake, posts the video on the internet sending it to all your buddies, and gets pregnant, and the kid comes out looking like the dude you'll see if you open on of Kingston's links.

That's as close as I can come to what a woman feels when she realized she doesn't want the baby from the man who put it in her.

The woman chooses to allow that man she doesn't want the baby from to "put it in her". That baby is undoubtedly HER baby complete with half genetics from HER.

The second situation, the man does not make the conscious decision to do anything; all decision are made without his consent and that baby is not HIS DNA and therefore his instincts are not to nurture it and care for it simply because it based on innate desire to pass on HIS DNA. Very, very different situations. The woman is regretting her own decision-making process while the man is being forced into a situation not by his actions, but those of others.
Sycamore is just a lazy old dumb fugk.

He’s never going to explain anything he believes because he can’t.

He’s a stupid person.
Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Democrat Marxists love to twist the facts to make murder sound more palatable. "We have a consensus on Global Warming" according to the Prince of Darkness. And we sure do have that consensus among 96 or so scientists that are working on government grants to prove it. The rest of the scientific community knows the truth, but our legacy Propagandist media will not report that. People are led to believe the strangest things.
Go back to the chart.

You disgust for abortion comes from your high emphasis on purity/chastity.

Completely wrong.

My disgust with abortion comes from experience. I had a girlfriend that got pregnant and had an abortion without my knowledge, now I have a dead kid, I live with that every day of my life it's something I can never get away from. It's probably why I'm so empathetic towards people that have lost a child.

I learned at a very young age that abortion was murder, God and my parents taught me that.

Let me try to flip the script on you. You're in a committed relationship with a girl. She goes out and does a train 13 man train, takes it in every hole, full bukkake, posts the video on the internet sending it to all your buddies, and gets pregnant,

Sorry but I would gladly take the kid on, it's not his/her fault the mother is a whore.

I'll add that it happens a few times a year in my sleepy little College Town and most times here they just yell rape.

Yes, but my reaction would not be to murder a child.

Like most Democrats they mix up emotion and logic and let it rule their lives, it's all part of the mental illness.

and the kid comes out looking like the dude you'll see if you open on of Kingston's links.

"You see that kid right there? That's my boy!!!!!"........Lol.
Originally Posted by BobMt

he answered the question....you may not like how he worded it....but he answered it....bob

No he didn't, he spewed Democrat talking points, he explained nothing.
Interesting thread. The one lib that responded generally mirrors what I have experienced with the ones in my family.....which I believe are representative of white liberals, whom I believe are going to destroy this country.

First, they have bought lock, stock, and barrel the climate change hoax. They actually believe that the world is gonna burn up in a few years if we don't stop using fossil fuels.....so the destruction of our economy and way of life is warranted.....just like sacrifices were warranted to win WW2. They completely ignore the possibility of natural cycles of warming and cooling over the eons, the progress made over the years with pollution, or the fact that China and India are burning coal like there is no tomorrow and laughing their asses off at us destroying ourselves to make miniscule improvements in C02 as Trump would say....preventing the ocean from rising a half inch over the next 300 fugging years.....and that only in theory. Also, big corporations that they claim to hate and lib heroes such as Bill Gates are raking in the dough with this scam....laughing all the way to the bank with the assistance of their "useful idiots". The crazy thing is that I don't see any of them making any significant personal sacrifices such as riding bikes or cutting off the AC......just like the big wheels in their sect still fly private jets. Its all bullshat.

Second, they see oppression everywhere. They still feel blacks are oppressed even though there has been a black president, black rappers making millions for spitting into a microphone, black executives and in general blacks everywhere doing well if they are willing to participate in the system....where they are given race based advantages. They act like its 1925 and they are still getting lynched regularly. They see women being oppressed by any regulation on abortion when in reality contraceptives are available anywhere, probably for free at the local planned murderhood. Women running for president and running fortune 500 companies are ignored. If a woman loses an election or doesn't get a job its because of discrimination, the idea that she is unqualified or perhaps an idiot is never considered. They see Phags being oppressed everywhere when in fact they are the ones oppressing straight people with the Gaykk. I asked one of my liberal aunts if she thought it was a good idea for drag queens to be grooming her grandchildren in school. She replied, "they are just trying to teach the kids not to kill them"........as if that was a thing. Again, its not 1925 anymore. Phags are protected by "hate crime" laws and a mere word against them could cost your employment. They also see "latinos" being oppressed and deserving of "asylum" and being owed free ingress into our country and welfare, jobs, and education on taxpayer dime. The fact that they are going to be "swimming democrats" is icing on their cake.

Third, libs don't think rank and file people should have guns. Obviously, they have a hard on for "assault rifles" but if you really pin one down they think that just the police and military should have weapons. The idea that someone would kill a criminal trying to murder them with their own gun is as repugnant to them as a woman deciding not to abort her baby. Ditto the idea that people would overthrow an oppressive government via use of the second amendment. Its like they can't see that historically governments are not benevolent and that murders are committed with all manner of things even bare hands. They don't understand that criminals are not giving up their weapons because criminals don't obey gun laws......that includes criminals that hold office.

Fourth, Libs don't particularly like the idea of "American exceptionalism" and feel somewhat ashamed and embarrassed with us being the top dog in the world. For example, when Trump made a big deal about getting the European countries to pay up for NATO, one of my Aunts thought that was a national disgrace because of the "public way he handled it". For some unknown reason to me they admire the murderous Chinese communists. This is one of the real reasons they hate Trump so much. He is unabashed in his love for America and wants her to win win win bigly.

Fifth, libs think they are "privileged" and are somewhat guilty about it. The older generation libs in my family are fairly well off having participated in and been rewarded by the boomer economy their entire lives after having literally grown up in a shack in the backside of a swamp in south Georgia in the 1950's. Now, solidly middle class. To their credit, they worked for what they have. But they feel they owe welfare to those that did not because they are or were somehow "privileged". They think rich people don't pay enough taxes when the reality is that they pay most of them. They are all for loan forgiveness, free college, etc. Like Warren Buffet, they could write a check for extra money to the IRS at tax time but for some reason do not.

Sixth, what I call the "Cowboy Tim" lib. These are fairly normal people in a labor union who may be a little uneasy about drag queens grooming their children or being disarmed, but they still buy off on the lie that the democrats are for the "working man". In some ways these are the most stupid of all libs but the easiest to get along with and perhaps the most ideologically salvageable because they don't necessarily go for much of the above but still vote for it because they believe they are protecting their livings....even as the libs they elect are destroying them via regulations and disastrous energy policies. Case in point the pipeline workers that Biden canned on day one, the second his geriatric ass hit the seat in the oval orafice.

Seventh, Libs believe what they read on the mainstream news and cannot see that it is rank propaganda that would make Goebbels and Pravda envious. Having heard and believed the BS from what they consider old line reliable sources such as the big three networks, CNN, and the New York Times, its hard to reason with them. What is the saying, its easier to fool someone than to convince someone they have been fooled. They see these outlets as a free and fair press even though they lie to them every damn day and see alternative media outlets as "Russian disinformation". They won't hear or consider the other side. Additionally they consider "the scientists" as infallible. They will tell you that "the scientists" say so and so, not considering that "the scientists" a)could be wrong or b)could be buttering their bread with government money.

All of this supports Sniper's point that an excess of "empathy" is involved but as I see it, the empathy is shallow and not really genuine. As I said before, in the case of my family if they were really worried about economic "unfairness" they could not drive new cars and give more money to charity. Invite some blacks over for dinner. They could run the AC at 80 in the summer if they really cared about the climate as they say. The word is hypocrisy and its name is liberal. They are more worried about how what they espouse makes them "feel" than any measurable results.

Anyway, sorry for the rant, this stuff is running me crazy.

are they demorat talking points...of course they are.....the same as conservative talking points explain how we think...bob
I would also add that many people still believe the lies they’ve been constantly fed for over a hundred years. FDR was the savior of America by ending the depression he helped creat and extend for years. LBJ creating the biggest race discrimination scheme in the history of the republic. The Clinton’s, Bush’s, Obamas and Biden’s.
If, after the past 20 years, he/she/it still identifies as a democrat…..there is no changing them. They have a genetic flaw which can’t be corrected! memtb
Originally Posted by drop_point

Where does my disgust for abortion come from? I view abortion as murder, yet have the view that most of the aborted are going to develop into the dredges of society that their mothers' associated with. Having read Levitt, there is a significant inverse correlation with the proliferation of violent and property crimes with access to abortion. Though those being aborted are from populations which I tend to despise as a whole, I still cannot morally support abortion. On the flip side, I am not "anti-vax" and am happy to take safe, effective vaccines with a track record of efficacy, yet I do not have support for any form of mandate from employers or governments. I did not take an mRNA vaccine (or any COVID vaccine for that matter) due to lack of efficacy and no track record. In fact, I almost lost my job over my unwillingness to take a new and untested injection which the pharmaceutical companies demonstrably manipulated data in their phase three clinical trial white papers.

Drop point thank you for engaging. Now to be clear, for the sake of this conversation I'm not judging you, nor those who disagree with you. My goal is to bring some perspective regarding how the liberal mind works, and for that matter, you own.

I also appreciate you confirming you're against both abortion and the Covid vaccine, which matched with my hypothesis. By extension, you're more likely to have negative feeling about interracial sex, specifically white women having sex with black men, homosexuality, stem cell research, and flag burning.

What do they all have in common? Disgust. At an intellectual level you believe you hold these beliefs due to a well reasoned position that you can clearly articulate. The realist is far different. You position was cemented in deep recesses of your primitive brain, through your disgust. You used your reason to convince yourself of the rationality of your decision. We actually have empirical evidence to prove this.

When you wire people up to an EEG to monitor their brain activity and present them with moral questions the decision making portion of the brain activates BEFORE the logic centers. In other words, most people believe they first engage their logic then make their decision, but the opposite is true. They make the decision then engage their logic to rationalize it. This is why one of the highest IQ guys on The Fire, Doc Eyeball, aka jaguartx became a devotes follower of Q (yes, there's a lot more to it than just that, but you get the point).

Now take everything I just said about Conservatives, change the positions 180 degree, and substitute the word compassion for disgust, and it's applies equally.

The defining personality trait of the right is high disgust sensitivity.
The defining trait of the left is high compassion.
What defines a libertarian is a lack of both. This is why libertarians are more logical then both conservatives or liberal. We last the personality traits most responsible for the distorted thinking of both sides.

Here's a video on disgust and how it impacts politics:

The woman chooses to allow that man she doesn't want the baby from to "put it in her". That baby is undoubtedly HER baby complete with half genetics from HER.

The second situation, the man does not make the conscious decision to do anything; all decision are made without his consent and that baby is not HIS DNA and therefore his instincts are not to nurture it and care for it simply because it based on innate desire to pass on HIS DNA. Very, very different situations. The woman is regretting her own decision-making process while the man is being forced into a situation not by his actions, but those of others.

Drop Point,

Logically, I agree with you 100%, but that's not the point of the exercise. The point is to convey the FEELINGS of women and the left on this issue. So let me re-write you response from the opposing point of view.

In the situation the woman does not make a conscious decision to have a baby with that man. All the consequences are not the result of her consent and that baby in not THE DNA SHE WANTED, and therefore her instincts are not to nurture it and care for it simply because it is her desire to use her limited breading opportunities with the highest quality DNA possible. The woman is regretting being fooled by a man of lesser DNA by his trickery. It's his fault for fooling her to think his DNA was better this it is.

If you think this sounds like they are narcissistic and refusing to accept responsibility for their actions, your not wrong, it's female nature, but that's what you're up against.
Problem with Republicans, is that they are the most right wing party of ANY other comparable Western nation!!
Well, perhaps a few open Facists parties beats them.
Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

Add to that, that most Republicans belive US to be the BEST AND FREEST country in the world...
Which sets them up to NEVER want to fix anything.. because why fix something that is perfect?

Meanwhile, the Western world has moved on and overtaken US on most metrics that measures wellbeing, work life balance, happiness, life expectancy.

Other western countries have:
Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation
Better worker regulations
Less exploitation by companies

Less dangerous food additives.
Safer food in general
Better conditions for farm animals
Cheaper and better healthcare
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Better long term national planning
Cheaper Childcare
Lower rates of child mortality
Better internett coverage
Better cellular coverage

But, Republican answer is, FKUC all of you, We are the BEST...
Claiming US to be the best country in the world and claiming to love it, while refusing to pay taxes to actually fix things...

Just give corporations more power and remove some more workers rights, cut health insurance, and everything will be better... the market will fix things, I am certain.
(after Corporations pay of some more politicians, because money is free speech)
Hahaha!

Poor Ms. Walt.
Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

My disgust with abortion comes from experience. I had a girlfriend that got pregnant and had an abortion without my knowledge, now I have a dead kid, I live with that every day of my life it's something I can never get away from. It's probably why I'm so empathetic towards people that have lost a child.

I learned at a very young age that abortion was murder, God and my parents taught me that.

Now, lets take your parents and God out of this. WHY do you consider it murder, and AT WHAT POINT is it murder?

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
An IUD that prevents implantation after fertilization?
Morning after pill?
surgical removal before the development of a brain and nervous system?
surgical removal after the development of a brain and nervous system bet before the ability to experience pain and suffering?
Past viability?

Now justify your answer using only logic and reason, with no logical fallacies such as an appeal to authority (God and parents)

Yes, but my reaction would not be to murder a child.

Like most Democrats they mix up emotion and logic and let it rule their lives, it's all part of the mental illness.

Good. Now you're beginning understand the magnitude of their emotional reaction, and it's that emotion that rules their voting!

Drop point thank you for engaging. Now to be clear, for the sake of this conversation I'm not judging you, nor those who disagree with you. My goal is to bring some perspective regarding how the liberal mind works, and for that matter, you own.

I also appreciate you confirming you're against both abortion and the Covid vaccine, which matched with my hypothesis. By extension, you're more likely to have negative feeling about interracial sex, specifically white women having sex with black men, homosexuality, stem cell research, and flag burning.

What do they all have in common? Disgust. At an intellectual level you believe you hold these beliefs due to a well reasoned position that you can clearly articulate. The realist is far different. You position was cemented in deep recesses of your primitive brain, through your disgust. You used your reason to convince yourself of the rationality of your decision. We actually have empirical evidence to prove this.

When you wire people up to an EEG to monitor their brain activity and present them with moral questions the decision making portion of the brain activates BEFORE the logic centers. In other words, most people believe they first engage their logic then make their decision, but the opposite is true. They make the decision then engage their logic to rationalize it. This is why one of the highest IQ guys on The Fire, Doc Eyeball, aka jaguartx became a devotes follower of Q (yes, there's a lot more to it than just that, but you get the point).

Now take everything I just said about Conservatives, change the positions 180 degree, and substitute the word compassion for disgust, and it's applies equally.

What defines a libertarian is a lack of both. This is why libertarians are more logical then both conservatives or liberal. We last the personality traits most responsible for the distorted thinking of both sides.

I would not accuse you of being judgmental by any means, as I've voluntarily taken part in the discussion. I think you're close, but not quite perfect on your analysis.
Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

Now, lets take your parents and God out of this. WHY do you consider it murder, and AT WHAT POINT is it murder?

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
Morning after pill?
surgical removal after the development of a brain and nervous system bet before the ability to experience pain and suffering?
Past viability?

Now justify your answer using only logic and reason, with no logical fallacies such as an appeal to authority (God and parents)

I'll tackle this one, if it is alright with you.

At what point is abortion murder?

Condoms: this doesn't kill anybody.
Birth control: this doesn't kill anybody.
An IUD: a device that denies a fertilized embryo that has unique DNA from implanting where it can continue to be nurtured and developed. This is murder.
Morning after pill: this doesn't kill anybody, there is no unique set of DNA at this point.
Surgical removal of anything with unique DNA is murder.

I would not accuse you of being judgmental by any means, as I've voluntarily taken part in the discussion. I think you're close, but not quite perfect on your analysis.

DP,
I appreciate the civil debate. it's a vital component of improving our understanding of these challenging topics.
Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
Morning after pill?
Past viability?

An IUD: a device that denies a fertilized embryo that has unique DNA from implanting where it can continue to be nurtured and developed. This is murder.
Morning after pill: this doesn't kill anybody, there is no unique set of DNA at this point.

Excellent.

Now here's what I want you to notice;

Your border with the Sacred is human DNA.
How the COVID vaccine different from regular vaccines? It uses RNA, which his half of a DNA molecule.
What do some of the anti-covid-vaxers call themselves? Purebloods.

Which brings us right back to the left right divide on Purity/Chasity, which is a function of the rights disgust, and the last of disgust on the left.

It's this key difference that leads you to see stopping an embryo from implanting as murder, where those on the left do not.

Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
Morning after pill?
Past viability?

Excellent.

How the COVID vaccine different from regular vaccines? It uses RNA, which his half of a DNA molecule.

Which brings us right back to the left right divide on Purity/Chasity, which is a function of the rights disgust, and the last of disgust on the left.

It's this key difference that leads you to see stopping an embryo from implanting as murder, where those on the left do not.

My qualm with the COVID vaccine isn't the mRNA. I was actually quite excited for it when it was first developed. It was after reading phase III clinical trials that I began having a problem with it. First, they manipulated data as evidence by their ignoring that their control group was much, much more likely to contract COVID than the general population during the same time period. Their discussion did not account for or even acknowledge this in any way. That tells me they knew and ignored it, yet used that data to conclude 95% efficacy while reporting their only side-effects were sore arm and complaints of normal immune response. That made me quite suspicious.

In the end, the mRNA vaccines ultimately did very little to be effective.

At the surface, I don't mind that people choose to take it, nor do I mind that it exists. What I do mind is mandates that force the individual into a corner; take it or lose your job. Take it or face legal consequences. That should be left up to the individual.
Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
Morning after pill?
Past viability?

Excellent.

My qualm with the COVID vaccine isn't the mRNA. I was actually quite excited for it when it was first developed. It was after reading phase III clinical trials that I began having a problem with it. First, they manipulated data as evidence by their ignoring that their control group was much, much more likely to contract COVID than the general population during the same time period. Their discussion did not account for or even acknowledge this in any way. That tells me they knew and ignored it, yet used that data to conclude 95% efficacy while reporting their only side-effects were sore arm and complaints of normal immune response. That made me quite suspicious.

At the surface, I don't mind that people choose to take it, nor do I mind that it exists. What I do mind is mandates that force the individual into a corner; take it or lose your job. Take it or face legal consequences. That should be left up to the individual.

How often do you get the seasonal flu vaccine?

When we look at the phase three trial for the emergency approvals the Covid vaccines are about as effective as the vaccine for the common flu.
Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
Morning after pill?
Past viability?

Excellent.

When we look at the phase three trial for the emergency approvals the Covid vaccines are about as effective as the vaccine for the common flu.

The COVID white papers touted 95%; quite the deception. Influenza vaccines are thought to be 30-70% depending on the year, if I recall correctly. I used to get an annual influenza vaccine. I didn't this year because they admitted to missing the mark completely as flu season set in. Two years ago, a friend came down with Gillian Barre syndrome following his flu vaccine. He ended up in ICU, caught influenza when he was there, was intubated and unable to be liberated from the ventilator. He was later given a tracheostomy and a PEG tube and aspirated and died a few weeks later. It gives one pause when it hits that close to home.

are they demorat talking points...of course they are.....the same as conservative talking points explain how we think...bob

Name some conservative "talking points" for us.
Originally Posted by Northman
Problem with Republicans, is that they are the most right wing party of ANY other comparable Western nation!!
Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

Add to that, that most Republicans belive US to be the BEST AND FREEST country in the world...
Which sets them up to NEVER want to fix anything.. because why fix something that is perfect?

Meanwhile, the Western world has moved on and overtaken US on most metrics that measures wellbeing, work life balance, happiness, life expectancy.

Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation

Safer food in general
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Cheaper Childcare
Better cellular coverage

Claiming US to be the best country in the world and claiming to love it, while refusing to pay taxes to actually fix things...

Just give corporations more power and remove some more workers rights, cut health insurance, and everything will be better... the market will fix things, I am certain.
Wants to abolish the 2nd amendment.
Go back to the chart.

Completely wrong.

Wearing a condom?
Hormonal birth control?
Morning after pill?
Past viability?

Excellent.

The COVID white papers touted 95%; quite the deception. Influenza vaccines are thought to be 30-70% depending on the year, if I recall correctly. I used to get an annual influenza vaccine. I didn't this year because they admitted to missing the mark completely as flu season set in. Two years ago, a friend came down with Gillian Barre syndrome following his flu vaccine. He ended up in ICU, caught influenza when he was there, was intubated and unable to be liberated from the ventilator. He was later given a tracheostomy and a PEG tube and aspirated and died a few weeks later. It gives one pause when it hits that close to home.

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's the problem with dealing with diseases. There are no perfect solutions, some are just less bad than others. And what's the least bad for one person might not be the least bad for someone else.

The last numbers I saw had the efficacy of the COVID vaccines at about 43%, near the middle of the range you quoted above, of course that also depends of if we are discussing relative or absolute risk reduction, which is it's own topic.... and that's a big part of the problem with Covid, it's just so complex it doesn't lend itself to easy answer you can encapsulate in a 10 second sound bite.

I like this guy. He was on the front lines day one and put out video's other's wouldn't, and covered the literature in depth. Here he talks about the most current literature on the benefits of the various vaccines in both relative and absolute terms. Spoiler alert....about the same as the flu vaccine.

Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation

Safer food in general
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Cheaper Childcare
Better cellular coverage

At what cost?
None of that is free.
Sorry to hear about your friend. That's the problem with dealing with diseases. There are no perfect solutions, some are just less bad than others. And what's the least bad for one person might not be the least bad for someone else.

The last numbers I saw had the efficacy of the COVID vaccines at about 43%, near the middle of the range you quoted above, of course that also depends of if we are discussing relative or absolute risk reduction, which is it's own topic.... and that's a big part of the problem with Covid, it's just so complex it doesn't lend itself to easy answer you can encapsulate in a 10 second sound bite.

I like this guy. He was on the front lines day one and put out video's other's wouldn't, and covered the literature in depth. Here he talks about the most current literature on the benefits of the various vaccines in both relative and absolute terms. Spoiler alert....about the same as the flu vaccine.

It is a part of life. He was a good man that used to teach me many of the ropes of hunting when I was younger. I also have an acquaintance that contracted polio from receiving a polio vaccine; live virus was given due to a manufacturing error during the production of vaccines way back when.

I will try to give the video a watch when I get somewhere I can use sound later on tonight.

The 95% number was what both Pfizer and Moderna put out in 2020. Specifically, Moderna's December 2020 number which was constantly revised downward. I'd honestly be surprised if it was 43% reduction these days, but one must consider which strain.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Abortion being a major one. I just fine feel, and will never feel like the government has a right to inject itself into what a woman can do with her body.

Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation

Safer food in general
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Cheaper Childcare
Better cellular coverage

At what cost?
None of that is free.
And some of it isn't true.

Healthcare isn't better. If you look at mean survival times for serious diseases the US is better than most. Much better than the UK and Canada for example.

Schools are more variable in the US because they are locally controlled, but the US has many very good schools (although there are obviously ideological problems in many places.)

Lower rates of child mortality are hard to compare. Most European countries don't count any mortality before the first 30 days of life and that's when most babies die. The US counts any death after birth.

And so on.

rick have you ever listened to a rush show....dont play dense.....bob

FJB & all of his people
"Team Sports" mentality combined with a psychopathic tendency.

Really? It's not a matter of like or not like some wording - there is no explanation. I never try to read between the fuzzy lines with folks like that. Please cite exactly where he stated what "sends him over the top".
I'm not sure I relate to the "fairness" vector in conservatives being weaker than in liberals. I find most conservatives to have a VERY strong sense of right and wrong, another way to describe fairness.

It's my perception that liberals approach fairness, the violation of the sense of right and wrong if you will, differently than conservatives. I find the difference along the lines of the old proverb about giving the man a fish, vs. teaching a man to fish.

When a liberal sees injustice, his reaction is to give the poor fellow a fish, so he may eat. Preferably someone else's fish, but that's another discussion.

When a conservative sees injustice, he suggests the man learns to fish for himself, preferably by pulling himself up by his boot straps.

The difference, at it's core, is the liberal belief that justice is in the outcomes of life, where the conservative sees justice in the equality of opportunity. The liberal wants to distribute the goods in a fair and just way among everybody, whereas the conservative is content to simply have fair and just opportunity for everyone to obtain their own goods (equality and justice in the pursuit of happiness, if you will).

The psychology behind this difference must be interesting, and I strongly suspects it correlates nearly perfectly with the locus of control of the individuals: I suspect liberals will have a much more external locus of control than conservatives. They do not feel they can influence their lives outcome nearly as much as a conservative does.
Thanks, Dutch - thoughtful post.
Your reponse, Northman, is so full of absurdities and false assertions one hardly knows how to begin. However, it is a classic example, along with my following response of why we get nowhere.

Well, perhaps a few open Facists parties beats them. Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

This is not even close to true and a false assertion of the positions of the vast majority of Republicans. For the most part, conservatives want government out of most facets of our lives, that's it. The left calls that extreme right or, the ever popular "lets make up a new definition for a word that has negative connotations", facistic. Conservatives believe that government takeovers of things in which it has no business causes more harm than good. Historically speaking, modern day Republicans are more middle of the road or even left-leaning, than ever in history. You just see the gap created by Democrats moving further and further to the left.

The first half of the above statement is probably true and, we therefore feel it is worth saving rather than changing into something we don't want. The second half is, in my opinion, an absurdity. Things that really do, objectively speaking, need fixed, that require government to do so, usually have general agreement from liberals and conservatives. They just don't become evidence of bipartisan agreement. Unfortunately those things get lost in the morass of "government is the answer to everything".

I would agree that in certain areas in certain countries that may be true. However, conservatives believe that government "take over" causes way more problems than it solves. One can look at empirical data from the first 75% of the 20th century with respect to social issues and compare to now and see that is true. The more government got involved (trying to be like "other countries") the worse things became.

Other western countries have: "Better Everything" - (Not his words, mine, with apologies, just to shorten quote)

"A" country may be better than us an "AN ISSUE"; however, even as much as we conservatives complain about our government, it is interesting to note that, as you stated, we still think we have the greatest country in the world. However, you, and many like you, think we suck. There is a reason we are the number one destination of people leaving other countries and it's not because we are "worse at it" than they are.

But, Republican answer is, FKUC all of you, We are the BEST... Since this is the argument of a simpleton and is completely absurd I will just respond with "No it's not". You drifted away from intelligent argument there Northman, in my opinion.

First, the assertion that Republicans are refusing to pay taxes is flat out false and an example of how the Democrat and leftist control of the narrative makes people hate one another. However, taxes are an interesting issue. The vast majority of government spending on social programs is wasted on bureaucratic b.s. and graft. Government involvement in most social programs is worse than if there were no government involvement at all. However, many conservatives believe that we "should help those in true need". That ends up creating a perpetual system whereby government hand-outs become a way of life. Not for all but for many. Any time a Republican submits a means of streamlining and improving such systems, without negatively affecting what people truly in need would receive, those that control the narrative argue just as you did.

That's rich. To argue that corporations and big business are in league with Republicans just goes counter to everything we see on a day to day basis. The biggest corporations and businesses carry the water for the Democrat party and vice versa. To me, this comes down to idiotic economic policies which are implemented, once again, because of the control of the narrative. Irrespective of true intent, Democrat politicians lie about the "don't pay their fair share". I'm no apologist for this big corporations and the wealthy; however, that is probably the biggest lie in modern politics. I guess we could argue as to what is "subjectively" fair. However, under no metric could one objectively argue that our system of taxation is fair and that the rich don't pay their fair share. I know there is a point at which the argument fails. However, every single time our government has lowered tax rates, revenues to the government have gone up. What better way to fund "needed social programs" could possibly exist.

This crosses over to so many issues. However, arguing for lower tax rates to increase revenues to the government, incentivise more investment in business and products, thus creating more jobs for everybody, thus broadening the tax payer base and thus, again, increasing revenues to government coffers all the while not having corporations passing their increased tax costs onto the consumer simply becomes "tax cuts for the rich" and hating the little guy. It's simply absurd and devious. What I described has happened every time such tax cuts were implemented. Immensely more numbers of poor were helped by those tax cuts than were rich.

It is easier for those who control the narrative to assign evil motives and hate rather than to objectively discuss issues and remedies.
Well said Mr. Bigsky,

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

To simplify, we have two types of people for the most part. We have people that believe in the freedom and sovereignty of the individual and we have people that believe in the collective.

The collective is essentially Marxism. They are parasites looking for a free ride. You stop providing that for them and they will direct the government to destroy you, literally.

Conservatives believe in individual responsibly and that is essential for freedom.

Leftist manipulate people by appealing to their weakness, such as envy, envy is a wicked emotion. Selfishness, slothfulness, lazyness, victimhood etc... evil manipulations.

Marxism has failed every time it is tried 100%

Freedom succeeds every time it is tried.... it isn't easy.

The alternative promises easy, but soon it's discovered they lied, they do it for power and control and the "useful " idiots that fall for the lies will be the first to die under the new system.

Then they will force the slavery and misery on everyone. They will have to use force, as the productive people will stop producing if there is no reward and others benefit but they do not. Then the fun begins.

And the evil people that promised the free lunch will be entrenched and impossible to remove.

This is the history of civilization, until America was created by strong freedom loving wise men!!!
Our current student loan forgiveness fiasco is a classic example of where the parties/philosophies differ. We have a bunch of people who, of their own free will, entered into contracts to borrowed someone else's money while promising to pay it back. So far, so good. And then, they got an "education" or a "degree" that is worthless. Keep in mind that all other options were still available to them. Then, we have a political party that says "let's forgive that debt". For some odd reason, there are people, mostly conservative, who oppose that policy. In return, there can be no alternative other than to be labeled as hate mongers and racists and favoring the wealthy elite, most of whom are demonstrably leftist or at least left-leaning. These are the economic policies that divide us and rational discussion and empirical data are not allowed in this arena of ideas. The arguments have become insane.

It's to a point where white males are in fear of being in an automobile accident with "pick a minority or aggrieved individual" and being labeled as a racist or hate monger. It's nuts. It's nuts that I have to write this. What is the current political debate would have made a great comedic movie in years passed.

^^^^^

Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation

Safer food in general
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Cheaper Childcare
Better cellular coverage

ALL of your assertions are according to whom?
And YOUR 'facist' comment is well totally priceless!
Is censorship not a major tenet of 'fascism'? Remind us all just who it is[which party] that wants all social media censored?
Well said Mr. Bigsky,

Unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

To simplify, we have two types of people for the most part. We have people that believe in the freedom and sovereignty of the individual and we have people that believe in the collective.

The collective is essentially Marxism. They are parasites looking for a free ride. You stop providing that for them and they will direct the government to destroy you, literally.

Conservatives believe in individual responsibly and that is essential for freedom.

Leftist manipulate people by appealing to their weakness, such as envy, envy is a wicked emotion. Selfishness, slothfulness, lazyness, victimhood etc... evil manipulations.

Marxism has failed every time it is tried 100%

Freedom succeeds every time it is tried.... it isn't easy.

The alternative promises easy, but soon it's discovered they lied, they do it for power and control and the "useful " idiots that fall for the lies will be the first to die under the new system.

Then they will force the slavery and misery on everyone. They will have to use force, as the productive people will stop producing if there is no reward and others benefit but they do not. Then the fun begins.

And the evil people that promised the free lunch will be entrenched and impossible to remove.

This is the history of civilization, until America was created by strong freedom loving wise men!!!

I see one word missing in many of the well crafted responses in this thread - WORK.

The sloven collective demanding free schit will not tolerate their marxist free schit providers introducing WORK as a valid component of personal happiness.
If you earned it legally, morally, and ethically...it's yours. Not mine. You will cherish it and value it more than I ever could.

If you can't work...I'll help.

If you won't work...you're on your own. Plenty of crappy low paying jobs out there being done by people with a bit of work ethic and integrity.

Don't dare to try and shame me and use my Christianity as a weapon against me when you aren't Christian and are actively trying to destroy it.
LBJ,s great society almost 6 decades later.....
The ploy set up to create a nanny state for votes and power for one party that constantly cultivated and pandered for this schitt we have today....

And their demographics have been expanding ever since on the taxpayers nickel.

We have the world's most expensive voting pets......

rick have you ever listened to a rush show....dont play dense.....bob

Didn't listen to Rush much, but would like to hear of some conservative "talking points" that 5 or so media outlets parroted. You know like the leftards do.
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'm not sure I relate to the "fairness" vector in conservatives being weaker than in liberals. I find most conservatives to have a VERY strong sense of right and wrong, another way to describe fairness.

It's my perception that liberals approach fairness, the violation of the sense of right and wrong if you will, differently than conservatives. I find the difference along the lines of the old proverb about giving the man a fish, vs. teaching a man to fish.

When a liberal sees injustice, his reaction is to give the poor fellow a fish, so he may eat. Preferably someone else's fish, but that's another discussion.

When a conservative sees injustice, he suggests the man learns to fish for himself, preferably by pulling himself up by his boot straps.

The difference, at it's core, is the liberal belief that justice is in the outcomes of life, where the conservative sees justice in the equality of opportunity. The liberal wants to distribute the goods in a fair and just way among everybody, whereas the conservative is content to simply have fair and just opportunity for everyone to obtain their own goods (equality and justice in the pursuit of happiness, if you will).

The psychology behind this difference must be interesting, and I strongly suspects it correlates nearly perfectly with the locus of control of the individuals: I suspect liberals will have a much more external locus of control than conservatives. They do not feel they can influence their lives outcome nearly as much as a conservative does.

Good post.
Your reponse, Northman, is so full of absurdities and false assertions one hardly knows how to begin. However, it is a classic example, along with my following response of why we get nowhere.

Well, perhaps a few open Facists parties beats them. Republican Party is not quite there yet... although its starting to show through the cracks..

This is not even close to true and a false assertion of the positions of the vast majority of Republicans. For the most part, conservatives want government out of most facets of our lives, that's it. The left calls that extreme right or, the ever popular "lets make up a new definition for a word that has negative connotations", facistic. Conservatives believe that government takeovers of things in which it has no business causes more harm than good. Historically speaking, modern day Republicans are more middle of the road or even left-leaning, than ever in history. You just see the gap created by Democrats moving further and further to the left.

The first half of the above statement is probably true and, we therefore feel it is worth saving rather than changing into something we don't want. The second half is, in my opinion, an absurdity. Things that really do, objectively speaking, need fixed, that require government to do so, usually have general agreement from liberals and conservatives. They just don't become evidence of bipartisan agreement. Unfortunately those things get lost in the morass of "government is the answer to everything".

I would agree that in certain areas in certain countries that may be true. However, conservatives believe that government "take over" causes way more problems than it solves. One can look at empirical data from the first 75% of the 20th century with respect to social issues and compare to now and see that is true. The more government got involved (trying to be like "other countries") the worse things became.

Other western countries have: "Better Everything" - (Not his words, mine, with apologies, just to shorten quote)

"A" country may be better than us an "AN ISSUE"; however, even as much as we conservatives complain about our government, it is interesting to note that, as you stated, we still think we have the greatest country in the world. However, you, and many like you, think we suck. There is a reason we are the number one destination of people leaving other countries and it's not because we are "worse at it" than they are.

But, Republican answer is, FKUC all of you, We are the BEST... Since this is the argument of a simpleton and is completely absurd I will just respond with "No it's not". You drifted away from intelligent argument there Northman, in my opinion.

First, the assertion that Republicans are refusing to pay taxes is flat out false and an example of how the Democrat and leftist control of the narrative makes people hate one another. However, taxes are an interesting issue. The vast majority of government spending on social programs is wasted on bureaucratic b.s. and graft. Government involvement in most social programs is worse than if there were no government involvement at all. However, many conservatives believe that we "should help those in true need". That ends up creating a perpetual system whereby government hand-outs become a way of life. Not for all but for many. Any time a Republican submits a means of streamlining and improving such systems, without negatively affecting what people truly in need would receive, those that control the narrative argue just as you did.

That's rich. To argue that corporations and big business are in league with Republicans just goes counter to everything we see on a day to day basis. The biggest corporations and businesses carry the water for the Democrat party and vice versa. To me, this comes down to idiotic economic policies which are implemented, once again, because of the control of the narrative. Irrespective of true intent, Democrat politicians lie about the "don't pay their fair share". I'm no apologist for this big corporations and the wealthy; however, that is probably the biggest lie in modern politics. I guess we could argue as to what is "subjectively" fair. However, under no metric could one objectively argue that our system of taxation is fair and that the rich don't pay their fair share. I know there is a point at which the argument fails. However, every single time our government has lowered tax rates, revenues to the government have gone up. What better way to fund "needed social programs" could possibly exist.

This crosses over to so many issues. However, arguing for lower tax rates to increase revenues to the government, incentivise more investment in business and products, thus creating more jobs for everybody, thus broadening the tax payer base and thus, again, increasing revenues to government coffers all the while not having corporations passing their increased tax costs onto the consumer simply becomes "tax cuts for the rich" and hating the little guy. It's simply absurd and devious. What I described has happened every time such tax cuts were implemented. Immensely more numbers of poor were helped by those tax cuts than were rich.

It is easier for those who control the narrative to assign evil motives and hate rather than to objectively discuss issues and remedies.

Great post, sad it is wasted on a leftist. Knowing he lacks the ability for any but very shallow thought. His MSNBC programmer will erase this from his short term memory.
Originally Posted by Dess
If you earned it legally, morally, and ethically...it's yours. Not mine. You will cherish it and value it more than I ever could.

If you won't work...you're on your own. Plenty of crappy low paying jobs out there being done by people with a bit of work ethic and integrity.

Don't dare to try and shame me and use my Christianity as a weapon against me when you aren't Christian and are actively trying to destroy it.

Well put. It seems odd that this position would be labeled “conservative “. I find it so reasonable that I’d call it moderate. Nothing extreme about it in the least. That others would call these beliefs extreme speaks volumes about our society.
Our current student loan forgiveness fiasco is a classic example of where the parties/philosophies differ. We have a bunch of people who, of their own free will, entered into contracts to borrowed someone else's money while promising to pay it back. So far, so good. And then, they got an "education" or a "degree" that is worthless. Keep in mind that all other options were still available to them. Then, we have a political party that says "let's forgive that debt". For some odd reason, there are people, mostly conservative, who oppose that policy. In return, there can be no alternative other than to be labeled as hate mongers and racists and favoring the wealthy elite, most of whom are demonstrably leftist or at least left-leaning. These are the economic policies that divide us and rational discussion and empirical data are not allowed in this arena of ideas. The arguments have become insane.

It's to a point where white males are in fear of being in an automobile accident with "pick a minority or aggrieved individual" and being labeled as a racist or hate monger. It's nuts. It's nuts that I have to write this. What is the current political debate would have made a great comedic movie in years passed.

The student loan fiasco was a phony scam to get college students to vote for demrats. Biden knew it was not constitutional and once again made fools of the fools. As for getting in an accident with a minority or aggrieved individual his race or mental status mean nothing to me, he better have insurance and he better show some respect. Otherwise the accident might have been the best part of his day.
I love that antelope sniper jumped on to explain emotional reactions.

LOL

He’s one of the biggest bitches on here.
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Dess

Well put. It seems odd that this position would be labeled “conservative “. I find it so reasonable that I’d call it moderate. Nothing extreme about it in the least. That others would call these beliefs extreme speaks volumes about our society.

+2. The idea that a sane, able-bodied person is entitled to have someone else (the government) take care of him is getting to be more prevalent than personal responsibility these days.
Sycamore can’t respond because he’s counting his disability money.

LOL

Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation

Safer food in general
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Cheaper Childcare
Better cellular coverage

I bet all of those Western Countries you speak of have a predominate white population and very very strict immigration policies as well? You likely aren't going to be able to immigrate to them unless you got considerable wealth, right? I also bet they don't have a 3rd world cointry next door with a wide open border letting in peasants with their hands out on a daily basis? These countries you speak of have tons of resources and low populations, right? Probably lower populations than 3 or 4 of our major cities combined, right? That's how the Socialist BS works in those countries, and the same reasons it cannot work in ours. It's a pipe dream...

Better worker safety
Better worker rights
Better worker vacation

Safer food in general
Better schools
Better social safety net
Better infrastructure
Cheaper Childcare
Better cellular coverage

Source for your above 'claims' (bold)...?

Pew Research:

[Linked Image from pewresearch.org]

Measuring the ‘good’ life around the world
By Jacob Poushter

What makes a good life? Usually this question is in the domain of priests, philosophers and metaphysicians, but the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), a think tank consisting of 34 mostly rich countries, sought to find the answers with data.

The organization’s Better Life Index looks at 23 indicators of current well-being across 11 domains, from how much people earn and the cost of housing, to life expectancy, and even to how much time off people get from work. Most of the indicators are culled from OECD’s own research based on country-level government data, but they also include public opinion surveys – all of which could be combined to form scores on a “well-being” scale.

The Many Ways to Measure a 'Good' LifeOverall, a Pew Research Center analysis of the data finds that life is good in most of these countries – almost all fall within the organization’s average range. But well-being is notably better for people in Norway and the U.S. than it is for people in Turkey and Mexico.

And there’s a lot of nuance in between. For example, if you think well-being is defined by financial wealth and household income, the U.S. is the place for you. But if you prefer time off from work, France is the ideal place, by far, to put down roots. On the other hand, if you are trying to avoid victimization and dying from assault, Mexico is not your ideal destination.

The reports’ authors looked at the essential ingredients that shape people’s well-being in these 34 nations. To standardize different measures, OECD converted each indicator to a “z score” that represents standard deviations above or below the 34-nation average. The OECD average is represented by a z score of 0; scores closer to 1 and above represent higher well-being and those closer to -1 and below indicate lower well-being. We analyzed the data by averaging the z scores across all 23 indicators to see how the countries ranked. For this average, each indicator received equal weight.

Our analysis finds that overall, people’s well-being is higher in Northern European countries, such as Norway (average relative well-being score of 0.74) and Iceland (0.67), both which score high in terms of employment and job security, as well as environmental factors, such as having clean air and water.
Life Is Pretty Good in Norway and the U.S., Not So Great in Mexico and Turkey

Other rich countries, like Australia (0.59), the U.S. (0.54) and Canada (0.53), do well on account of high perceived health and larger homes (rooms per person). Denmark, while scoring high (0.45), lags behind the U.S., in part because of more expensive housing and less wealth.

The U.S.’s well-being score is bolstered by the fact that it far surpasses all other OECD nations in income and wealth measures. The only country to come even close to the U.S. when looking at wealth is Switzerland, and even it falls well short. However, in terms of jobs, the U.S. lags comparatively in one important well-being factor: time off.

This is not a problem for the French. Across the countries where time off is measured, France has the highest score (2.20). France finds itself in the middle of the pack (overall 0.18) on many other factors, contributing to its close to average well-being score.

Other middle of the road well-being scores occur in places like Japan (0.16), South Korea (-0.23) and Israel (-0.23). In these countries, they might score noticeably high or low in a few categories, but, overall, come up about average.

For example, South Korea lags behind due in part to the low score it gets for perceived health and social support. Only 35% of Koreans say their health is “good” or “very good,” and 72% believe that they know someone they could rely on in times of need, the lowest such score across OECD countries. But Koreans do score very high on education and housing affordability.

Many Southern and Eastern European countries find themselves slightly below the OECD average on overall well-being. For Southern Europe, that’s partly because of low scores in educational attainment and employment, and for Eastern Europe, lower income and life expectancy play a factor.

In Hungary, life expectancy is a large factor to its relatively low well-being score. Hungarians live an average of 75 years, nearly five years lower than the OECD average. Hungarians are also one of the grumpier countries in the OECD, with a life satisfaction grade of 4.9 out of 10, much lower than the average OECD grade of 6.6.

But the bottom of the list includes poorer emerging economies, such as Turkey (-1.27) and Mexico (-1.48).

Turkey’s score is hurt by a variety of factors, such as a high percentage of people working more than 50 hours per week (41%) and basic sanitation (relative score of -3.34). But it is important to remember that Turkey is an emerging economy: While economic circumstances aren’t the only factors affecting happiness, people in richer nations, on average, report being happier.

Mexico ranks even lower, partially because of the high crime rates in the country. With 12.8% of people in Mexico saying they’ve been assaulted or mugged in the past year, and a homicide rate of 23.4 per 100,000 people, fixing the nation’s violent crime issue would be a big step to improving the country’s overall well-being. Still, other factors, such as poor education and low social support, keep Mexico on the bottom of the index.

For more detailed country data on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the various indicators used in the index, you can download the data directly from OECD.

Mapped: Global Happiness Levels in 2022

[Linked Image from visualcapitalist.com]

It's tough to decipher for someone like me.

I think it's mostly the hate, racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, xenophobia, science denial, climate change denial, anti-vaxx views, that are spread by the Republican party!

So much of it seems intended to appeal to nasty and stupid people!

How can anyone find such things inspiring?

[Linked Image from exposedbycmd.org]
Originally Posted by Goosey

It's tough to decipher for someone like me.

I think it's mostly the hate, racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, xenophobia, science denial, climate change denial, anti-vaxx views, that are spread by the Republican party!

So much of it seems intended to appeal to nasty and stupid people!

How can anyone find such things inspiring?

[Linked Image from exposedbycmd.org]

Looks pretty wholesome to me.

You forgot to mention your butt fughking corksucking pedophile drag queen abortion loving friends.

Drug riddled inner dimocrap cities with dimocraps looting stores and crapping in needle filled streets?

Tent cities.
Gooschiets idea of progress and happiness.

Here's your clean, Gooschiett.

I’ll say it dimtards are scum!
Gooschiets crew is wholesome and clean.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Gooschiets crew is wholesome and clean.

Odumbo with a female? Come on man!
Jagoff the medications again, adding "holyshit that is bad photoshop" photos again...

Are you making them in your basement?
Or is there actually a website that does commission work for you?

I saw better quality 30 years ago, when image quality was lacking due to dial up internett.... jeeeez
Originally Posted by deflave
I love that antelope sniper jumped on to explain emotional reactions.

LOL

He’s one of the biggest bitches on here.

Second only to you.
© 24hourcampfire