Home
Posted By: RickBin MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
At myself!

Was at Home Depot with the little Lady. Place was packed. Christmas trees on the lot, had to park well away from the door.

We're in there a couple hours buying stuff for projects, taking our time, no hurry .... Come out ... b@stards got into the truck!

Like an IDIOT I had separated my keys and left them in the console compartment.

Welp, they got the keys, a Zeiss 85mm spotter, a Vortex Rangefinding bino, and the gawddarned truck registration ... with my home address.

So instead of reporting to Home Depot, I tell the little Lady to get the heck in the rig and call the cops right away. I tell the cops they have the keys to my son's Toyota, plus another car, and my address. They agree to meet us at home, and I'm hauling a little a$$ to get there.

Hang up and call the neighbor, who has a ring doorbell camera thingy, she goes outside, and sure FREAKING enough, my son's truck is already GONE.

Pardon my Polynesian, but SON OF A B!TCH! mad

Anyway, three cop cars waiting when I get there. Luckily I had my house keys, but they cleared the place anyway. Took two reports, one for the burglary at Home Depot, and one for the stolen Taco.

Just got off the phone with the insurance company ... prolly looking at two deductibles.

And I'm staring at an extra Apple Tag I bought when I lost Scout that I intended to put on the vehicles and just didn't get to.

Dang it!!

I got complacent. Made it easy for them.

I am one p!ssed off mofo right now ... mostly at myself!

mad
Sucks!
Damn. That sucks. Hope they catch them. Video from the parking lot? Anything useful on the ring doorbell?
Where you live makes a difference.
Sad Mr Bin, sorry to hear this happening to you and yours.
Originally Posted by OldHat

Yeah.

Sometimes it's nice to live in the middle of nowhere.
Wish fewer did!😁
Jeez Rick,

that really really really is the schiedts.

Good luck catching them. Hope they don't get Gavin'ed out on a no bail ticket.
Damn! That absolutely sucks.
Damn, bud. You’re having a tough run lately.

I hope they get caught and find the truck.

Also hope your luck changes.
Ouch.
They say it goes in 3’s Rick, between this and the pup let’s hope your done.

Osky
Did Home Depot have cameras for their parking lot?

Might want to find out and if they do then review what may have been seen.
PS. Theft is on the thief, not the victim.
Posted By: 673 Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
Had a car stolen 2 years ago. frown
Originally Posted by RickBin
At myself!

Was at Home Depot with the little Lady. Place was packed. Christmas trees on the lot, had to park well away from the door.

We're in there a couple hours buying stuff for projects, taking our time, no hurry .... Come out ... b@stards got into the truck!

Like an IDIOT I had separated my keys and left them in the console compartment.

Welp, they got the keys, a Zeiss 85mm spotter, a Vortex Rangefinding bino, and the gawddarned truck registration ... with my home address.

So instead of reporting to Home Depot, I tell the little Lady to get the heck in the rig and call the cops right away. I tell the cops they have the keys to my son's Toyota, plus another car, and my address. They agree to meet us at home, and I'm hauling a little a$$ to get there.

Hang up and call the neighbor, who has a ring doorbell camera thingy, she goes outside, and sure FREAKING enough, my son's truck is already GONE.

Pardon my Polynesian, but SON OF A B!TCH! mad

Anyway, three cop cars waiting when I get there. Luckily I had my house keys, but they cleared the place anyway. Took two reports, one for the burglary at Home Depot, and one for the stolen Taco.

Just got off the phone with the insurance company ... prolly looking at two deductibles.

And I'm staring at an extra Apple Tag I bought when I lost Scout that I intended to put on the vehicles and just didn't get to.

Dang it!!

I got complacent. Made it easy for them.

I am one p!ssed off mofo right now ... mostly at myself!

mad

That about sucks...

Good luck Rick...
Sorry to hear that. I hate Fuqking thieves.

Unfortunately, in TX, we can only shoot them if they’re thieving at nighttime. 😬
Originally Posted by OldHat

Thieves are everywhere and resourceful.

My brother inlaw was at a bar and they got his reg and went to his house with his garage door opener and stole a bunch of tools and ransacked the house. Bar tender was stalling them on the tab and schidt too.
I’m sorry about that!!!! Sounds like something I would do!!
Thieves suck. Period.
Sorry to hear this Rick. I'm glad they didn't get into the house.

I know it really sucks, but in the words of fieldgrade, "It's just stuff" At least nobody got hurt.
Home Depot has cameras but they suck. Had a cat converter cut out of my pickup at 11:30 a.m. straight out from the door in the center of the lot. Police said they probably couldn't even get plate numbers off the lousy ass "security" cameras.
Now, the cameras in store could probably check for pending acne formation, but the lot cameras are worthless.
Boy Ric with the way things are going for you lately if you didn’t have bad luck you wouldn’t have any luck. It shouldn’t be this way and you shouldn’t have to fight to protect your stuff from thieves.

Good luck with the insurance and I hope you get some resolution with the scumbags. Your son’s truck is probably in Guadalajara by now

You really need to get out of California ! Even if they catch the thieves they won’t face any real time. Civilization is collapsing in California. There’s much better places to live. Crime and taxes are ridiculous in California. Regulation makes the cost of living way higher than it should be. Hate the loss of the truck but more so the violation of your sense of safety.
Dammit. Sorry to hear you got hit like that.
I just keep a photocopy of my registration in the car, but I have the ex-wife's address on it. I haven't need to show one since Reagan was in office.
HOLY SCHITT!
Sorry to hear this Rick, came out to my truck at a local mall once just after a hunt trip and had not unloaded all my stuff yet, yep, truck and all gone, only ever got the truck back, but not in great shape.
Come on to Texas ASAP. Theys craziness there.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Come on to Texas ASAP. Theys craziness there.

Yep. Not like we don’t have crime here too. Fuggin Wets passing through will steal anything that’s not tied down. đŸ€Ș
Don't beat yourself up - it's not your fault some piece of schitt broke into your vehicle.

I fuggin hate thieves - I hope they burn.
I hate thieves. Sorry you had to go through this.
Ah, shĂźt!

Thieves always look better after they’ve been smacked with a baseball bat or eaten a shotgun blast.

Hoping 2023 is a better year for you, Rick.

đŸŠ«
Rick, you have provided thousands of people this outstanding website for what’s gotta be twenty years now. An incredible service.

I hate to hear of this theft. As said, it weren’t you, it was the thieves to blame.
Damn Rick I'm sorry to hear.

Don't be to upset with yourself, you can't punish yourself for the evil actions of others.

1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
UFR. Sorry to hear that.

A year or 2 ago I heard you could have that happen in broad daylight in front of Academy or WW.

Does their video have anything?
Sorry for your fiscal loss...but look at it like this...you've positively contributed to the California Reparations Project.

If they find the people who took your stuff, they will probably only go to jail long enough to get an updated yearbook photo and maybe a free meal.

Really should move, I know it sounds like a lame answer, but hell, that state is so mismanaged...why suffer?
Sorry to hear this Rick. I hate thieves. I agree with beaver. They need to beat to death with a baseball bat or eat the end of a shotgun barrel..
Dang - that’s rough! Had a truck stolen in Salt Lake City about 5 yrs ago. That’s a schitty feeling for sure. The cops in that liberal bastion of SLC didn’t even bother to show up. They took the report over the phone. They finally got interested when it was used in an armed robbery a week later to see if it was me!

Hopefully they have sucess in recovering the taco! We know they won’t do a thing to the criminals.
Fuggn thieves! Sorry to hear.
That sucks balls Rick. Sorry for your loss thankfully it was just loss of property.
Nothing worse than a thief.
When I was a kid, my Mom would literally leave the keys in the station wagon in the driveway and our front door unlocked.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Nothing worse than a thief.

Yep.
That sucks Rick. Hope they catch the bastards.
Posted By: DMc Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
Originally Posted by Osky
Ouch.

Osky
I'd say his Christmas is pretty much shot...

Very sorry Rick.
Damn that sucks. Thieves need to be shot
Posted By: pal Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Rick. Be well.
Posted By: EdM Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
Brutal.
Dammmmm
Posted By: WMR Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Osky
Ouch.

Osky
I'd say his Christmas is pretty much shot...

Very sorry Rick.

Really? THAT would be a tragedy. Thieves can only steal stuff. Never let them have the joy from your life.
Sucks! POS thieves!

Never really occurred to me, but man, I need to stash my insurance/registration somewhere other than the glovebox.
You sound fairly cognitive under those circumstances. I was camping with my 3 kids and came back to my truck that wasn’t there. I was stunned and couldn’t think straight as I kept looking at the spot where my truck should have been.

They had found my spare set of keys and drove my truck over a steep embankment. I called the cops, and even found a library book from the local high school and they didn’t do anything to try and find the perps.

I followed up on the library book and found out who had checked it out and the cops still did nothing.

There is nothing like the vulnerable feeling you get when someone does that to you.

Smart thinking to head home before the crooks could burglarize your home..
Damn!
I sure hope this is the last of your bad luck for a very long time.
Bad deal - loss of stuff, feeling of violation, self-blame for not being more careful - what a rotten bundle. But, you can't fix that one - suggesting that you lighten up on yourself and step beyond it.

Like you, we really try to take all precautions and create deterrents, but sometimes we have a lapse of awareness and leave our stuff and even ourselves vulnerable. Given that, the degree to which I absolutely loathe thieves, and the way I have behaved when catching some in the act - I shudder to think about that happening again.
My wife was just driving by Home Depot, and an immigrant who spent the day drinking in the parking lot T boned her new car, almost totalling it.

She called me to pick her up and I took a pic of the guy in cuffs. I would see him again.

On my front doorstep I had a bunch of irate foreigners wanting me to get my insurance company off their back.

When the wife got her car back from the body shop, the new car smell was gone. It had body shop glue stink.
When I was a kid, my Mom would literally leave the keys in the station wagon in the driveway and our front door unlocked.
we still pretty much do that many houses are not locked keys and farm trucks and tractors everywhere. but this area also does not tolerate liberals well nor outsiders. this area just does not tolerate bullshit very well law enforcement is not extremely busy in the area because if there is a problem law enforcement never seems to need to be called it takes care of itself if you know what I mean
That's pretty high on the Sucks Scale. Sorry that you have to go through this.
The precision and efficiency of those bastards is unbelievable. Good lord, in many places this country is gone.

Sorry to read this, Rick. Hang in there.
Send a msg ....

Get 20-30 buds & lay waste to 100 border jumpers & kneegoers in the area

Ya know, "Some people did something"
This is why these [bleep] are out of control and the country is such a mess (Five fuggn armed robberies and gets probation):

https://www.ksl.com/article/5053124...-west-jordan-man-charged-in-5-robberies-

And that's supposedly "conservative" Utah. California, Oregon, Washington are a bigger joke.
Hope they catch them.
hope your property is recovered in good shape, and the perps are found dead in a dumpster, with evidence they died in severe mutilation and severe pain.. with no witnesses and no clues...
Yessir, that's a bummer.

Sorry to hear this Mr. Rick Bin. I hope somehow this works out for you.
Only thing worse than a theif is a pedo. However, both deserve the same punishment.
Ohio provides an extra copy of your vehicle registration. One without address to be kept in the vehicle to avoid this exact issue.
sorry to hear this Rick

You aren't having a good run lately.

Better days ahead I'm sure.
Any On Star or anything in the Taco?
Also HD should have parking lot cameras.( if that means anything to PD)

Sux .
Damn that sucks. Hope they find the thieves that stole your stuff.
Sorry for your losses,this completely sucks,and the "security cameras " at the big box stores completely suck too.Had a similar experience several yrs. ago.I guess they just cover the stores liability cause they dont do [bleep] for u and me.Hope ur pup returns and they catch the bastards and u get on a roll in 23.I Would head to the woods for the rest of the yr. and regroup.Or at least reload and spend some time in a blind in the home depot parking lot hunting these f#ucs. Good luck with the rest of this mess.
That sucks man...
That really sucks..

So you made a inadvertent mistake.
Don't blame it all on yourself, it's the scumball thief that did it.
Not you.

Posters have probably already said it.
HD parking lot camera footage???
More than likely the thief parked off site had a partner in that vehicle and the thief was walking the parking lot looking for a score.
Adjacent store or immediate area parking lots might have some footage of that drop off vehicle and be able to tie it in with camera stuff from your neighborhood???

More than likely like others have said.
The azzholes are gonna get away with it all and even if caught .
A slap on the wrist and let back onto the streets being that it is California...

Pretty fuuuuuuked situation all around man......
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
You really need to get out of California ! Even if they catch the thieves they won’t face any real time. Civilization is collapsing in California. There’s much better places to live. Crime and taxes are ridiculous in California. Regulation makes the cost of living way higher than it should be. Hate the loss of the truck but more so the violation of your sense of safety.

I feel sympathetic to the guy. It's really some bold theft he became a victim of.

Wouldn't it be a little better if California would make an effort to clean up this crime a little? Yeah I know that thought opens Pandora's Box in more ways than one.

Everywhere I go I find California Refugees fleeing this problem. In my backyard (SE OH) Columbus, West Virginia, Maine, etc. Housing prices in Columbus surged due to Californian demand. So much so it's flushing Columbus buyers down here and locally prices have doubled. I've been outbid on real estate twice this year by Cali buyers clenching fists full of cash.

I guess you can say the crime, corruption and regulation/taxation in CA affects everyone.
Sorry to hear this Ric. Wishing you the best in the future.
Damn shame when a man can't go shopping with his wife a feel confident that they are and their possessions are safe! Hopefully the insurance will compensate you for your losses but you will still be out 2 deductibles. If they are ever caught and identified you could seek restitution the good ole boy way 😉

Don't be too hard on yourself, nothing can undo it. Look at it as a refresher to get back to basics.
That flat sucks.

Up in Tacoma, car thefts have hit an absurd level. Folks just kinda accept it. Crazy.

Good luck. Hope they vehicles get recovered quick.
I'm pretty religious about locking up the car when I go and not leaving valuables in site, however I do have some stuff I'd hate to lose out of site in the car, like the pocket under the arm rest.

To that end, I never go into downtown of our closest major city primarily because of crime. I just don't want to have to deal with the lesser representatives of mankind which collect in large cities.

But I live in a small town in the suburbs, about 98% of which is decent people that mind their business with a very active police force, so I don't really feel compelled to lock stuff up , I just do out of habit. I still don't actively lock the front door of the house to run errands, but the wife is pretty diligent about reminding me.

Even here we aren't devoid of car thefts, an organized group from Cinci was targeting the burb towns.

Luckily our police were on it pretty early and shut them down. 2 teenagers, IIRC, died in a crash while fleeing police.
Sorry to hear that Ric. I admit, I'm not 100% on always locking myself, and while it's a low crime rural area, it's not a "NO" crime area here either. Hope they find the guy(s) early on!
Very sorry about that event, all the best with recovery.
Hope everything gets settled soon.

What are your plans for raising your security level?
Tennessee requires us to keep registration in the vehicle. Just like never leaving a gun in the vehicle unattended, I guess I now need to figure out how to hide that and still satisfy the law.

Hate to hear this, I hate a thief.
Nothing good can come from spending two hours in a Home Depot.

Ever.
Originally Posted by worriedman
Tennessee requires us to keep registration in the vehicle. Just like never leaving a gun in the vehicle unattended, I guess I now need to figure out how to hide that and still satisfy the law.

Hate to hear this, I hate a thief.

Oh that’s an easy one.

Don’t keep it in your vehicle. Everything they need is in the system when they run the tag. If they want to give you a ticket, take the ticket because the cop is a fugking ass hole and was gonna jam you up regardless.

I still do that but I need to change it.
Very sorry for what these parasites have done to you. As said many times above, try not to blame yourself, they're the ones who did it.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that the time that an honest person spends at work to make a living and provide for his family is the same time that these types get to lay around and scheme their little tricks.

Hopefully Karma will catch up with them.

Also, thanks for sharing, so that we can better prepare against the same types of tactics.
Sorry to hear this Rick, but as stated it's only stuff! Be on guard tho as they may come back to the house. Best of Luck, Merry Christmas
We know from the Bible that the Romans used to crucify thieves. In Victorian England they would hang them. The towelheads chop their hands off. I'm noticing a pattern here. Maybe we are doing something, actually a lot of things wrong.
Damn, Rick! I'm truly sorry for the run of bad luck you're having recently.

Yeah, 20+ years, still do it here. I’m in an ultra low crime location, plus our German Shepard is wary of strangers.

I lock up when parked out, also like eyes on the vehicle as much as possible, restaurant, whatever. Certain areas your spidy senses tell you to increase the precautions. We often think of what can happen at midnight in the bad part of town. We now have to increase vigilance midday in the better part of town.

Yes, may be clues with working parking lot cameras, but you end up against ‘the system’. That system is location & policies supported by local politics. Some things won’t change, at least not enough to matter for those involved.
Sorry, hope they catch them fast.
Originally Posted by RJY66
We know from the Bible that the Romans used to crucify thieves. In Victorian England they would hang them. The towelheads chop their hands off. I'm noticing a pattern here. Maybe we are doing something, actually a lot of things wrong.
^^^^^
Sorry to hear about that Rick
 bastards mad
Not much worst than a thief! Luckily you have insurance and no one is hurt. Sucks though for sure!
One of the reasons, ( to long of a list ) we left that FUBAR State
Posted By: LFC Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
Dang
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

That's good advice, move far away from California much better states to live in.
Posted By: g5m Re: MADDER THAN HELL RIGHT NOW ... - 12/04/22
I'm sorry to read your post, Rick. Hate this stuff.
Sorry to hear about that Rick. Losing your Dog was bad enough . I have had a vehicle broken into in FL, they gouged me deeply with that one and it was my own fault.
Rick,

You best move to Paxson, AK.
We had a rash of thefts on trucks during wheat harvest. It's not easy to hide a trapwagon when there's only one road every mile. It was a family from moses that got two of one farmers rigs. He was caught by locals and "held" for the sheriff. He wont be back. Another was a hitchhiker who opportunisticly stole another truck. He was caught the next day 40 miles away....same county.

Hope you have similar luck.
I'm lost for words Mister Bin.
That's horrible man.
I had a truck stolen.
You feel so violated.
It really sucks.
And the optics...😖
I see a lot of people blame themselves. I see a lot of people blame the cops.

What I do not see is a lot of people blame the criminals.

What is it about our current society that it often praises and promotes criminal behavior?
That is terrible, I hate thieves
Yep - all it takes is a split-second lapse and the thieves get lucky.. Sorry, Rick, for your troubles and loss... Hope they catch the bastids and lock 'em up.
I hate thieves.

It is the world we live in now.
Ouch! Sorry to hear you got hit!
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

What is it about our current society that it often praises and promotes criminal behavior?

And there it is.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Ummmm. No fee bail in California. đŸ€Ș

Edit to add my comment was not directed at RG.
As a CA LEO and one of the many CA good guys, I’m betting nobody hates the no cash bail crap in California worse than LEO’s.

It’s the Libertard DA’s and politicians that promote that BULLSCHITT. 😡
Sorry to hear this Rick. Hope things
swings in your favor soon. After reading the post, first thought was maybe you were targeted...someone familiar with you and also knew would be at Home Depot one a crowded day.
Buy more 147 grain carry ammo. It’s there.
Wow ! That sucks !
That was a gang of very sophisticated bad guys. Breaking into vehicles and stealing stuff is pretty common. Taking your keys and then going to your home to steal the Tacoma is the mark of some very experienced bad guys. I assume you have changed the locks on the house, etc.
You'd think a guy with my background would not get hit like that. But I did. I left an empty rifle case on the seat of my truck. And my wallet under a folded towel. Parked on the side of the road. Apparently, while I was off hunting, someone drove by, saw the truck and looked inside. They saw the rifle case and broke the window to get in. When they found it empty, they fled. Maybe they thought I might see them doing that and get mad. With a rifle, I could have shot out a tire or busted up an engine, etc. Luckly, they didn't find the wallet.
And I live in the "safest" county in Kalifornia. We have nothing like the crime in the big cities, etc.
So, now I hide my gun cases. I don't park in plain sight of a popular road. I leave nothing of value in any of my vehicles. My keys are always in my pocket. I lock doors behind me when I enter or leave my home. My guns are either locked in my safe, or on my person. When I'm at home, at least one of them is never very far from me.
Keep yourself and yours safe Rick. E
I still have a truck, utv, tractor, and a couple of boats with the keys in them. But live in a better place
Damn!

Know what you mean about getting complacent and letting your guard down -
I already know what the HD parking lot cameras show. A bunch of young males with hoodies and face masks.

Thanks covtards..
Might pay to scout out the lot for a while, Maybe with a baited rig and one of those trackable tags on some expendable goods. Probably work the place on a regular basis.
Sorry to hear about this, hopefully 2023 will be better !
rickbin: Move OUT of kalifornicationkopia now!
YOU... only live once!
And doing so in kalifornicationkopia is self destructive.
Life is to short to live in the danger, degradation and stress of thatshithole.
Sorry for your loss (situation).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I don’t do business with Homedepot. Due to their veterans policy. MTG
I'm pretty sure the fire guys would be glad to help set up a bait car sting operation- - - -one that doesn't involve any cops.
Mr. Bin, I am truly sorry to hear of your recent misfortune. I really appreciate your sharing this with us, however. I never considered the fact there are vehicle registration papers in all our vehicles with our home address printed on them as well as garage door openers.
I’m all for the Muslim way of cutting the hand off a thief.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I never considered the fact there are vehicle registration papers in all our vehicles with our home address printed on them as well as garage door openers.

How about a GPS unit with a "go home" destination programmed in? That one will lead a thief straight to everything you own- - - - -and they know you're at work or at the mall because that's where they stole the GPS!
No offense to the OP, but I can't imagine leaving the keys to any of my vehicles, or anything else, IN any of my vehicles!

First, my primary vehicles are 2001 and 2003
Nobody parks anywhere near me ... even at WalMart! LOL!

The ONLY time I leave my keys in my vehicle is when I'm out hunting. ....and that's so that "I" won't lose them.

Regardless, condolences on being violated! That just ain't right!
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
rickbin: Move OUT of kalifornicationkopia now!
YOU... only live once!
And doing so in kalifornicationkopia is self destructive.
Life is to short to live in the danger, degradation and stress of thatshithole.
Sorry for your loss (situation).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Sucks is an understatement!
© 24hourcampfire