Home
Governor Pritzker today signed HB1095, a series of amendments and clarifications to the landmark SAFE-T Act, originally passed in 2021. The bill addresses misinformation related to the Act, including clarifying the detention net, expanding processes for transitioning to cashless bail on January 1st, and specifying definitions of willful flight and dangerousness, among other changes.

“I’m pleased that the General Assembly has passed clarifications that uphold the principle we fought to protect: to bring an end to a system where wealthy violent offenders can buy their way out of jail, while less fortunate nonviolent offenders wait in jail for trial,” said Governor JB Pritzker. “Advocates and lawmakers came together and put in hours of work to strengthen and clarify this law, uphold our commitment to equity, and keep people safe.”
The bill clarifies multiple aspects of the SAFE-T Act, which ends the cash bail system in Illinois effective January 1st, 2023 and creates a more equitable system where pre-trial detention is based on community risk rather than financial means. The clarifications to the SAFE-T Act are the result of the work of a bi-cameral legislative group who collaborated with advocates, public defenders, state’s attorneys, victim advocates, and law enforcement officials.
Changes to the Act clarify court authority in controlling electronic monitoring and escape, outline specific guidelines for trespassing violations, and create a grant program to aid public defenders with increased caseloads. The amendments strengthen and clarify the main principle of the SAFE-T Act- to ensure that individuals who pose a risk to the community aren’t released from jail just because they are able to pay bail while people without financial means sit in jail regardless of whether they pose a risk at all.
“The SAFE-T Act, including these important clarifications, will help right the wrongs of policies that have disproportionately harmed low-income, marginalized communities while helping to keep Illinoisans safe,” said Lt. Governor Juliana Stratton. “I commend members of the General Assembly for coming together to make these changes and provide us a clear path to ensure both accountability and justice. We must stop criminalizing poverty, and that is our goal as we end cash bail in Illinois and uphold human rights for all in our legal system.”

More in link 👇
https://breaking911.com/breaking-il...eliminates-cash-bail-starting-january-1/
It’s working great here in New York! Drug dealers don’t even lose a full day of work if they get arrested.
Fat chkunt governor... needs another chili dog.
I'm good with it as long as they keep their azz in jail once they're convicted.
In all your life would you have Thought we’d turn the Direction of Civilization as we know it over to the Psychopathic Left ..

Looks like the Psychopaths are exporting their Army Statewide..

This ain’t a Mistake ..

It’s a Plan ..
Here is the deal we are being fed…
Poverty is not a crime… and by default, neither is stealing. it’s just social justice against your privilege. It’s your fughin fault for having stuff.
MPat70: If you think the negroes in that state are running amok now - just wait to see what the crime rate does when this goes into effect!
Sad, dangerous, self destructive and shameful.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by mbhunt

When it takes 3-5 years to go to trial?
Let the scumbags out- - - - -they're too hard to shoot when they're in jail! No pardon, parole, pretrial diversion or no cash bail from the graveyard!
Originally Posted by akrange
In all your life would you have Thought we’d turn the Direction of Civilization as we know it over to the Psychopathic Left ..

This ain’t a Mistake ..

It’s a Plan ..

The marxists are sending us a message. Make/take your own justice.

Takes a long time to adjudicate most felonies, almost always over a year, and most longer. Until they are convicted they dont have much to lose knowing that if they get picked up on a new case it will almost certainly be all rolled into one big plea bargain a couple years down the line. Getting convicted of 3 Armed Robberies doesnt equate to serving much more prison time then 1 Armed Robbery.

Secondly, it can be really hard to get victims or witnesses to cooperate if they know the person the tell on will be back out on the street in a matter of days or hours.

Every state that has done this has seen crime rates skyrocket.

Soros is happy for your support
Working great here in the land of fruits and nuts. Nov 27th, Redding CA police arrested Khampisong Pharviseth for the 6th time in three months for vehicle theft, when he crashed a red Nissan Sentra during a chase.
And as long as it isn't your car?
Watching Blue States committing suicide is quite satisfying.

Encore, encore...
I thought Georgia turned the Senate Blue?
Originally Posted by STRSWilson

Encore, encore...
It might be more entertaining to me if the bastards weren’t drilling holes in the bottom of the same boat that I’m sittin in… just sayin
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Encore, encore...
It might be more entertaining to me if the bastards weren’t drilling holes in the bottom of the same boat that I’m settin in… just sayin

Big influxes of 'blue staters' in the 2 states we reside in too!
You don't suppose they arrest people for profit sometimes do you?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You don't suppose they arrest people for profit sometimes do you?

pay to play?

Encore, encore...
It might be more entertaining to me if the bastards weren’t drilling holes in the bottom of the same boat that I’m sittin in… just sayin

There In Lies the Tell..

We can’t cut our Arm Off to get away from
Them …

We’re join at the Hip with the Psychopaths and their Sympathizers so what do you do ..

Standing around ain’t a Plan that’s assured Destruction…

“Everything gets Solved at the End of a Barrel”

Anita Dunn

Just Remember That ..
Originally Posted by Raeford

Encore, encore...
It might be more entertaining to me if the bastards weren’t drilling holes in the bottom of the same boat that I’m settin in… just sayin

Raeford, the blue state squirters and Starbucks latte city dwellers have damn near destroyed the beautiful state of NC.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Encore, encore...

Raeford, the blue state squirters and Starbucks latte city dwellers have damn near destroyed the beautiful state of NC.
You aint wrong homie.
Originally Posted by cv540

it can be really hard to get victims or witnesses to cooperate if they know the person the tell on will be back out on the street in a matter of days or hours

This is probably one of the best statements I've read in a long while! One of the reasons that crime in the inner cities is out off control is because people are afraid to "snitch" knowing that there will be severe consequences if found out as it is. This just makes if less likely to be reported in the rest of the state as well.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
MPat70: If you think the negroes in that state are running amok now - just wait to see what the crime rate does when this goes into effect!
Sad, dangerous, self destructive and shameful.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
It's going to be a free for all for sure and if these kinds of policies are not enough to guarantee our 2nd amendment rights I don't know what else is.

Bottom line is until this country stops catering to the BLM, lgbtq and antifa ilks & start holding them responsible for their own actions instead of blaming it on the White Man, our country will only continue to deteriorate! When did self accountability start to go by the wayside? Affirmative action 🤔
Trump & Patriots are in control

Encore, encore...

Yep. Not all of them are stupid enough to stay, but many ARE too stupid to change their voting habits, after they leave. They just keep voting Democrat...
Originally Posted by akrange

This ain’t a Mistake ..

It’s a Plan ..

“To fundamentally change America “

Barak Hussain Obama
Those idiots are allowing No Cash Bail but want to disarm law abiding citizens. Now that's some Kind of crazy.
And for his next act, make ALL semiautomatic rifles and magazines over ten rounds illegal.
Morbidly obese prick with twice the complement of guards needed to surround him. Spent $110 million of his own fortune to get reelected.
Instead of eliminating bail for everyone they should increase bail so the wealthy have more difficulty affording it. Furthermore, massively increase the bail for those with previous felony convictions.
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Instead of eliminating bail for everyone they should increase bail so the wealthy have more difficulty affording it. Furthermore, massively increase the bail for those with previous felony convictions.
Yep. Sounds awesome.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
they are hoping to follow it up with an AWB after the first of the year. Let the criminals out and take guns away from law abiding citizens. Sounds like a recipe for success.
Originally Posted by minengr
they are hoping to follow it up with an AWB after the first of the year. Let the criminals out and take guns away from law abiding citizens. Sounds like a recipe for success.

and when the police all quit they'll hire the thugs as cops ,all by design.
............and/or charged...
Originally Posted by ConradCA

That ain’t the Marxist Plan ..

It’s to make you so afraid to leave your house You’ll beg them for Security..

Then the Marxist can Dream up new variations of
“ Red [bleep]’n “ You and You’ll except it for Security.

Pocket Full of Shells
The residents of any state that acts in this way will pay the price for such stupidity ostensibly performed in the name of progressivism or wokeness. From the beginning of time, here and there there are human parasites and natural criminals whose deeds cannot be justified by any political ideology. The chickens will come home to roost.
Illinois has been circling the bowl for years anyway, but the forgotten victims with this programs will be the bail bondsmen. How many people did this law just make unemployed?
Originally Posted by cuznguido
Illinois has been circling the bowl for years anyway, but the forgotten victims with this programs will be the bail bondsmen. How many people did this law just make unemployed?

Hard to feel sorry for the bail bondsman. In Harris, County , Texas, the don’t even charge the standard 10 percent .
They post bond for little or nothing. Hasbeen
© 24hourcampfire