Home
I'm probably the last one to find out about this, but in case I'm not, check this out!
Shzzaaam, cool !!!
Hah...AcraGlass, you can kiss my ass.
that just may be a solution to a small problem I have..
It also works with sawdust, cotton balls, or a mix of baking soda and powdered pencil lead (which is clay and graphite). There's a rabbit hole of YT vids on it.

I have a kitchen cabinet door hinge that keeps coming loose. Have tried numerous fillers and glues to get the screw to hold, with only temporary success. Next time, I'm going to try a Q-tip head and super glue.
10 seconds into that video and I know I would superglue my fingers to the washer
Originally Posted by KFWA
10 seconds into that video and I know I would superglue my fingers to the washer
+1
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by KFWA
+1
That and cut something off with a razor knife. laugh
According to Adam Savage, super glue was originally created as an instant battlefield bandage. That's why it binds skin better than anything else.
Well I'll be DIPPED !!!!!
Those vids started popping up in my YouTube feed a while ago. They’re very very interesting and as RR said it’s a seemingly bottomless rabbit hole.
Well I’ll be ...

Got a project or two in mind already ...
Don't use baking soda and superglue for any long term stuff, the baking soda will eventually breakdown and the mixture will turn gooey.
I fixed my Merc outboard fuel connector like that while up at the cabin last summer. I keep super glue around in the campers, house, trucks, and cabin, and the wife had baking soda in the cabin pantry.

It worked great! It's amazing.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm probably the last one to find out about this, but in case I'm not, check this out!
Ya, you're late to the game... 😁
We used super glue and baking soda when building RC airplanes back in the late '70s. The thicker gap-filling super glue wasn't out yet, the baking soda filled in the gaps in joints and made a stronger & lighter joint than using two-part epoxy for assembly.
cool stuff
analog 3d printing... .

Well I guess with that you could bake a cake and mail a shank to Hillary Clintons cellmate...
That’s neat. New one on me!
Keep your Leupolds running in a pinch.
Wow! Thanks for posting. It had me at the stripped out Phillips head screw.
Well....kiss my ass!! Just exactly what I needed to know !!
Thanks!!
Next time the lunch meat and cheese drawer lipped rail in the fridge screws up .
Gonna give that a try.
Been doing the hot knife melt back together thing.
Still holding but that super glue and baking soda trick should be able to add some reinforcing strength too.

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Arrrrrgh...
Wow, now THAT is pretty slick. 😊 I’ve got a little project for that technique in mind.
Damn....who knew?

Great post!
I've used that on my eye glasses a couple times for a quick fix until I could get a new pair ordered
Never too old to learn I guess.

Makes me kick my own azz on what I should’ve done on probably 79 things in the last year
I could really get myself into trouble with that stuff.
My lips are sealed...
made me want some cocaine for some odd reason.
am I the only one thinking ghost gun?
Originally Posted by MPat70
I've used that on my eye glasses a couple times for a quick fix until I could get a new pair ordered
say WTF ?? 🀣 LMAO
Originally Posted by MCMark
Don't use baking soda and superglue for any long term stuff, the baking soda will eventually breakdown and the mixture will turn gooey.
I wonder how it would work using graphite powder...
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
am I the only one thinking ghost gun?
First thought after watching the wrench being made!

Just curious: How long is "long term?" Weeks? Months? Years?

Regardless, the stripped Phillips screw solution was the bee knees!
wonder about mixing it with like brass shavings after trimming
Originally Posted by ldholton
say WTF ?? 🀣 LMAO
Never had a pair of glasses break on you? The frame is what I am talking about of course.

My thoughts too. Wonder about iron or steel filings?
Tag
Great post!
Originally Posted by navlav8r

My thoughts too. Wonder about iron or steel filings?
I’m no chemist, but I would think something porous would be desirable.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I wonder how it would work using graphite powder...

Another video that fellow has addresses that. It works well and is much stronger.
Maybe the baking soda breaks down

I bet if I used West System 404 filler it may last forever

Hank
Pretty neat.
He’s not using cheap store bought super glue, that’s high end cyanoacrylate which works well. Thickening with sodium bicarbonate also increase strength but there is some debate on durability long term. That said it works well for a lot of stuff that needs a quick fix, especially when an activator is used.
Tag
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
He’s not using cheap store bought super glue, that’s high end cyanoacrylate which works well. Thickening with sodium bicarbonate also increase strength but there is some debate on durability long term. That said it works well for a lot of stuff that needs a quick fix, especially when an activator is used.

LOL.

Pretty sure Loctite Super Glue is available in many stores.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Your dumbazzness is on display yet again.
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hank

Been using West System since the early 70's built and repaired many boats with it and have used it on many other projects.....picked up a gallon and hardener never opened at a garage sale last summer $5 for both.....

One of the fillers made by the West System looks just like baking soda....but is fiberglass.....
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Originally Posted by boatboy

Hank

Been using West System since the early 70's built and repaired many boats with it and have used it on many other projects.....picked up a gallon and hardener never opened at a garage sale last summer $5 for both.....

One of the fillers made by the West System looks just like baking soda....but is fiberglass.....

5 bucks for both best deal of the year
Fortunately there is no shelf life the hardner May darken but no big deal

Great find
Hank
Cool stuff
Tag
say WTF ?? 🀣 LMAO
Never had a pair of glasses break on you? The frame is what I am talking about of course.
i swore it said glass eye .....
Originally Posted by renegade50
Next time the lunch meat and cheese drawer lipped rail in the fridge screws up .
Gonna give that a try.
Been doing the hot knife melt back together thing.
Still holding but that super glue and baking soda trick should be able to add some reinforcing strength too.

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ΄β€β˜ οΈπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Arrrrrgh...

Last fridge was held together with scrap fiberglass cloth from work and
epoxy. Just gotta clean up the plastic to get a good bond, after that the repair is tougher than the base.

Have used the super glue baking soda thing before. With varying
luck.

Super glue uses moisture in the air to set.

You can speed it up if surfaces are damp, trying to glue skin together works better if you can get the blood stopped. When the glue hits blood it sets, then won't stick to the hide.

For glasses I've had better luck with 1 minute epoxy.
That stuff is amazing, you gotta be quick, and don't mix more that a couple drops, you won't have time to mix it. Let alone use it.

Daughter broker her glasses at a ball tournament.
Trip to Tractor Supply yielded 1 minute epoxy, some real thin copper wire,
And a big splinter pulled off a skid. Epoxied them together, using the skid splinter as a mixing paddle/applicator. Tight copper wraps epoxied together supported it. She wore them until replacements arrived. Again after the replacements got ruined in a horse wreck.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Pretty sure Loctite Super Glue is available in many stores.

Your dumbazzness is on display yet again.

If you actually watched the video before opening your cockholster you would realize that at no point is the superglue actually being used in the video the consumer grade Loctite superglue as shown in the title clip.

Anyone with an 3rd grade education would realize that the bottles aren’t even close to the same but again we know details aren’t your strong suit.

So I ask whose dumbassness is actually on display Johnnie drunk boy?
© 24hourcampfire