Home
Posted By: TF49 Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/09/22
Walked in to a King Soopers (Kroger) grocery store and there just inside was an armed guard. Just standing watching….had an “alert” way about him. I walked close and checked…. No, not a taser, looked some sort of M&P but I did not get a close look.

30 yr old Military/LEO type, not a pudgy 60 year old.

Looked like he was ready to conduct business.

Anybody else seeing this?
No.
Yes.
It's very common in King Soopers around here, and no, none of them are your typical "security". I've seen several with not one, but two guns.

Stopped to chat with one a while back. Guy was in gunsmithing school, he had a nice looking custom 2011 he'd made himself.
You get the police you de-fund...

More people are taking personal responsibility for their own safety as well... More carrying everywhere.

In response to large stores providing armed security... I'm ALL for it. Especially if they prohibit you from carrying a weapon in their store.

If they are going to prohibit you carrying a firearm, then they need to insure your safety with more than a "Gun Free Zone" sign.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/09/22
Were there any characters walking out with armloads of goods they had not paid for? Any mobs overwhelming the staff and running out with stolen stuff?
Find nice neighborhoods to shop in.
Posted By: TF49 Re: Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/09/22
Originally Posted by CCCC
Were there any characters walking out with armloads of goods they had not aid for? Any mobs overwhelming the staff and running out with stolen stuff?

Nope…just a normal day…..
Local grocery store pays off-duty LE to work security from 6pm-close everyday. But, it's nothing new, they been doing this for years.
Originally Posted by tzone
Find nice neighborhoods to shop in.

Move away from metropolitan areas.

Every single one of them is controlled by democrats.
I don't have a problem with armed people in public. I have no problem with hired armed people whose job is to protect a store's interests. I have lots of problems with armed people who are exempt from knowing or following laws because of their badge.
Originally Posted by TF49
Walked in to a King Soopers (Kroger) grocery store and there just inside was an armed guard. Just standing watching….had an “alert” way about him. I walked close and checked…. No, not a taser, looked some sort of M&P but I did not get a close look.

30 yr old Military/LEO type, not a pudgy 60 year old.

Looked like he was ready to conduct business.

Anybody else seeing this?
It looks like we need to put some of our school boards in contact with Kroger's management team.
Hell, I can’t remember the last time I saw a guard in a bank!
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Hell no, steaks are the new gold standard.
Imagine the blow back if the guard actually shoots one of the thieves?
do you live near Niger town everything needs security
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Hell no, steaks are the new gold standard.

Thought I’d celebrate Friday so I hit a nearby Safeway for ribeyes.

$17.99/lb. Kiss my åss.

Bought chuckeyes for $8.99 instead.

Marinating in wooster sauce right now.

P
Some grocery stores here…saw two at a Harris Teeter today but don’t see them at the HT I usually go to. Seems to be a store by store thing, not chain-wide
Well TF... where you reside, if just a country might have bearing on this conversation.

Otherwise your observation is only a mystery.
Tonight at Littler Dribblers basketball, I thanked the local Lawman for his protection.
That's the problem, thieving 'groids do their shopping in nice neighborhoods. They're entitled don't ya know ? When my daughter worked at Osh Kosh ghetto 'groids came in to do their "shopping" none of them would ever dream of standing in line to pay for what they stole. Baby strollers, oversize NBA jackets they'd stuff them full of merchandise. Daughter used to ride their shoulder offering to help to carry their purchases up to the counter, slowed them down a little. Often they descended on the place in groups/mobs to provide a distraction for the thieves.
Posted By: TF49 Re: Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/10/22
Originally Posted by gunzo
Well TF... where you reside, if just a country might have bearing on this conversation.

Well, you are right. It is a mystery. I was surprised when I walked in and saw the guard and have no good explanation for it.

Store is in a pretty good suburban area…. West part of Loveland, Colorado.

Been up here for ten years and only a couple of very minor issues. Still consider Loveland a pretty calm and “safe” town.

……?
I'm thinking a pot of white beans and pork shank, cornbread and fried potatoes.

That should work.
Pretty common across Africa, every store has armed guards. The rest of the planet, not so much.
Thanks TF. I've been to Loveland & disappointed to hear of the guard. East St. Louis a given, but Loveland? Damnit man. Sad times.
In Philadelphia several of the gas stations have hired armed guards. The ones I've seen have had PDW type guns....Sig MCX, CZ Scorpion, etc.
Posted By: WMR Re: Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/10/22
With today’s prices, armed guards are not surprising. My local grocery had lettuce for $5.99 a head today. I took that as a sign to avoid green food. The friendlier part of the store had bacon “Buy one get one free”. It was fate, I tell you.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Pretty common across Africa, every store has armed guards. The rest of the planet, not so much.
common denominator
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Tonight at Littler Dribblers basketball, I thanked the local Lawman for his protection.
You tell him about your church heat?

I’ll bet he was sooooooo interested.

LOL
Posted By: 673 Re: Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/10/22
That explains alot.

Well dang, I was there for three years, Ghana and Togo, never saw a single one.
Armed security is usual at HEB grocery stores on my side of town, as the OP described most are thirty-ish, look like former Military. One store also has a canine sometimes.
There's an armed guard most everywhere
I go anymore. Not that it's a deterrent to
crime at all
Have you ever bought groceries in New Orleans?
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Armed security is usual at HEB grocery stores on my side of town, as the OP described most are thirty-ish, look like former Military. One store also has a canine sometimes.
Originally Posted by Ranger99
crime at all
I didn't figure they needed guards in Texas!!
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
crime at all

Real Texas vs the Legend.
crime at all

Too many out-of-staters have moved here and
brought the woke agenda with them from their
rathole states. Used to be able to saddle your
own horses and kill your own snakes
I think its a good thing considering how woke kids want to walk into stores and start taking anything they want.
I live 16 miles due north of downtown Detroit. No armed guards around here at all, but I wouldn't mind in the least if there were.
Nothing like having to step over a few bodies and dodge some bullets on the way out the door with the stolen goods to take some of the glamour out of flash mob looting!
A couple years BC (before covid) in Cabo San Lucas the Costco had a large armed presence of uniformed officers and several dogs.

If you were paying cash they stopped every $100 and took the cash to the cage before continuing.
Originally Posted by gunzo

Well, you are right. It is a mystery. I was surprised when I walked in and saw the guard and have no good explanation for it.

Store is in a pretty good suburban area…. West part of Loveland, Colorado..

Living 30 miles from Boulder has everything to do with it.

March 22, 2021

Sounds like they've upgraded their security detail, the guard with the cell phone in the video wasn't much help.

[Linked Image from denverpost.com]
armed guards at the grocery store are fairly common down here in Miami.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
armed guards at the grocery store are fairly common down here in Miami.

Yeah, but they have flave to deal with
Several years ago we went to New Orleans and the Holiday Inn At the French quarter had an armed guard and the Walmart nearby did also. I figured now most companies are so woke they would just rather have a shooting as have an armed guard.
and most of the areas in the US that have armed guards in stores .Are usually places you could call Little Africa. same people, same mentality , differant place
crime at all

There's plenty of woke corporations here who have 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted at their stores. They don't want you in the stores either concealed or open carry. But a lot of stores only have the 30.07 sign which "prohibits" open carry in their store. Concealed is OK
Saw on FOX business a gas station in Phili that had guards with AR shotguns.

Owner says all problems stopped (moved elsewhere) since he hired them.
Posted By: TF49 Re: Armed guard at grocery store? - 12/10/22
Perhaps….. a policy change……but after 18 months?

Our nation is changing right before our eyes.

Looking like we will have to deal with feral people when they present themselves.
King soopers in an " interesting" neighborhood locally has two off duty cops. New gates at all them.
Perhaps….. a policy change……but after 18 months?

Our nation is changing right before our eyes.

Looking like we will have to deal with feral people when they present themselves.
As some always have.
© 24hourcampfire