Home
Buttermilk pancakes made on the griddle..

Lots of butter. I melt peanut butter and put it between the pancakes in the stack, then put a generous douse of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup on them.

Usually I'll eat 3 of them. They barely fit on the plate.

Sometimes you just gotta scratch that itch! laugh
Who likes breakfast for supper?
I'm jealous!

But if I ate that stuff it would get ugly.

Got into the lefse before bed last night and it was noisy affair about 5AM in the bathroom. Wife said I scared the dogs...lol
Breakfast for supper okay but no pancakes. Be hungry 15 minutes after eating them.
Posted By: RicG Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/09/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Lots of butter. I melt peanut butter and put it between the pancakes in the stack, then put a generous douse of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup on them.

Mrs. Butterworth’s? Negative. That deserves real maple syrup!
I enjoy breakfast for dinner, usually it's fried eggs, smoked deer sausage, grits and wheat toast.
Originally Posted by RicG

Yup, from our own DANNYL!
When I was a kid, Dad would sometimes make pancakes for dinner, along with his ham gravy.
Nothing wrong with that!
Breakfast for dinner is the best.
We like fried spam, eggs & Toast sometimes for supper.
Breakfast any time of the day is fine by me, but none of that fake syrup, yuk.

Not the biggest fan of breakfast for breakfast.

But occasionally it's ok.
Love those Blueberry & Buttermilk pancakes on a hot griddle. Add bacon and, or sausage and maybe Norwegian fries or hash browns and I am ready to do some logging / lumberjack work.
I agree anytime is breakfast. Pancakes for dinner is a treat.

Barry, do it at least once a week. Ex: 3 extra large eggs, 3 strips of bacon (or 3 Conekuh sausage links), sliced tomatoes. Maybe some Publix French or some sort of Artesan bread.

Mmmm doggies.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by RicG

Yup, from our own DANNYL!

I want to like maple syrup... I just can't. frown

Maple is one of the few food flavors I can't abide. Amaretto is another. sick
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Barry, do it at least once a week. Ex: 3 extra large eggs, 3 strips of bacon (or 3 Conekuh sausage links), sliced tomatoes. Maybe some Publix French or some sort of Artesan bread.

Mmmm doggies.

Last week I made my famous 6 egg omelet with ham and two kinds of cheese.

Now I'm hungry for that again! laugh
I will do breakfast any time of the day or night. Good grub...
When we don't use DannyL's syrup...we use Genuine Log Cabin.

Accept no substitutes!

Mmmm doggies.

I made a good omelet the other day with sharp cheddar, ham, onion, mushrooms, tomato, and jalapeños.

It was pretty good.

3 egg is all I can eat.
That sounds delicious.

I like maple syrup but chokecherry is also a favorite. My grandma used to make it, her and my mom would take us kids out and pick berries. And I remember they'd use an old bed sheet to also collect them. 40 years ago...

And Eggo waffles at 10PM are the devil!
I love to have breakfast anytime for a meal.

But damn I can't do pancakes or waffles.

Many times they meant the difference between going to bed hungry or not going to bed hungry. I just can't stomach them now
Big fan of breakfast for dinner. Omelets, waffles, eggs and bacon, it's all good.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
That sounds delicious.

I like maple syrup but chokecherry is also a favorite. My grandma used to make it, her and my mom would take us kids out and pick berries. And I remember they'd use an old bed sheet to also collect them. 40 years ago...

Mom makes choke cherry syrup.

It's good on ice cream too.
Love breakfast for dinner, it's a damn good excuse to get out Danny's maple syrup.

Hand raised 🙋🏻‍♀️ here for breakfast 🍳 for supper.

Bacon or sausage and eggs, fried potatoes, toast works for us. Pancakes or waffles will work too, when a sugary crave hits.

A favorite is ‘Hunters Breakfast’

Take several strips 6-7 of bacon and chop into medium sized chunks. Fry the bacon up, then set them aside.

Peel a couple of Russet Potatoes and chop into small squares. Fry them up in the bacon fat.

Scrabble several eggs 5-6 in a separate bowl and hold for the end.

When potatoes are done. Drain the bacon fat. Then put potatoes, and cooked bacon chunks in with the potatoes. Add the scrambled eggs and start mixing them together while your cooking the scrambled eggs.

Salt/pepper to your desire at this point while cooking.

Add hot sauce/ketchup after serving with a couple pieces of toasted bread on the side.

🦫
Posted By: paguy Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22
This is how we do it, We add onions too.
Love pancakes for supper
Beaver yum. Barry we love breakfast for dinner. Sausage or bacon and hash browns with eggs and my personal favorite is pan fried corned beef hash
A big greasy breakfast first thing in the morning gives me bubble guts…

But i can chow down on it for supper.

Pancakes. Sausage. Eggs, bacon.
Waffles too!

A guy i work with makes cane syrup.

Light. Not the real strong kind.

It’s good.
That sounds delicious.

I gotta admit, some Montana huckleberry syrup is pretty darn good too.

Hell yeah!!
Posted By: hanco Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22
Pancakes for supper sounds good

Oh yes, anytime
Keep eating the greasy fatty goodness as often as possible.

I need a new motor for my boat.

P
Posted By: gunzo Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22
I haven't had breakfast for supper in quite a while. But have had & it's always good. Just the thought of it sounds great.
Just a bit of advice: Do not eat Whataburger breakfast taquitos prior to getting on the road for a long road trip. Likely result is several close calls - very close. Caused me to decorate the side of the road in spectacular fashion. No more Whataburger breakfast taquitos for me. Not now. Not ever again.

Whataburger sucks now that they were bought out.
my late father same breakfast at night was one of his favorites and I don't mean late night like coming out the bar LOL I mean like 6:00 at night.
There's only 1 way to make buttermilk pancakes. Use real buttermilk, no water or regular milk. After you mix it up, LET THE BATTER SIT OUT ON THE COUNTER FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR, not in the fridge. It takes time for the enzymes in the buttermilk to work on the batter. Mix it a little thin because it'll thicken as it sits.
Originally Posted by Springcove
Breakfast for dinner is the best.

When I used to do breakfast for dinner years ago, my daughter would call it Brinner! She loved having Brinner.
Sometimes I fry up a couple of eggs, corn beef hash or bacon, and hash browns if I have 'em and sometimes I wrap 'em up with flour torts, with plenty of El Fenix salsa for dinner. Mighty tasty.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Our Sunday breakfast is eggs, thick cut bacon, yellow grits with cheese, and home made, yeast-leavened waffles. I make the batter the day before and it rises in the refrigerator for around 24 hours. Danny’s syrup, of course. For us it’s a taste of home as he lives not far from our hometown. You don’t want to try to get away with any of that fake syrup at our house. My wife insists on genuine St. Lawrence County maple syrup…best in the world.

Just had to order a half gallon for a friend down here. She said there’s nothing else like what she gets at our house Sunday mornings.

We don’t do the whole breakfast thing for supper, but have been known to just have pancakes.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22

It is a frequent theme in Casa de Ingwe...

Oh yeah!

Yesterday evening I had two fried eggs and a Prairie Fire sausage link(made in MT). Damn good.

Just looked, Redneck is the brand.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Breakfast for dinner is a weekly event for us throughout the winter. Has been for many years.

Mmmm doggies.

Sounds good to me, too!
Dayom, Barry, my pant size won't allow that.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22

Oh yeah!

Yesterday evening I had two fried eggs and a Prairie Fire sausage link(made in MT). Damn good.

Damnit! you westerners live good. $9.00 a lb. I just paid $7 for a choice strip loin. Keep raisin them cows ya'll. That reminds me, not a time of day that steak & eggs don't go good.
Posted By: EdM Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22

Oh yeah!

Sam,

That picture could be in my kitchen in Idaho, we eat the same brand sausage (everything I have tried of theirs has been good) and drink the same beer.

My mom passed down this recipe...

I consider it perfect +/- vanilla and cinnamon to taste:

2 cups flour
2 heaping tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients

1/2 stick butter melted
1 egg
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (more will be needed)
1 tsp. vanilla 

Mix liquid into dry and add more buttermilk to desired thickness. You can make waffles or pancakes with this recipe. 
Gunzo, we have a freezer full of beef but my wife wants to save it for the end of the world so she still buys grocery beef.

It's robbery....lol

Ed, I haven't seen Kokanee stocked here in close to a year.

Bought a 12 pack on the way home. It's good!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Pancakes for Supper Tonight! - 12/10/22
Very good thread that has had the effect of making me hungry for a lot of things. The most gratifying aspect to this point is the fact that everyone has called pancakes by their correct and proper name - none of those other dumb-assed names.
© 24hourcampfire