Home
Posted By: mark shubert Anyone know - 12/18/22
how curdog and RoninPhx are doing?
Gene hasn't been here for years, but the last I heard, was doing "Okay"
Ron seems to have just disappeared.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
Ron was fairly old, no?

He gave me some pointers on a couple of hunt Units I'd never hunted before.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
curdog is fine.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
Roger, if you happen to see or talk to him - give Gene my best wishes, please.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
Originally Posted by stxhunter
curdog is fine.

Yup!
Posted By: StGeorger Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
Thought I saw RoninPhx post within the last few days.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
Most recent post by Ron was last January, and am remembering that he was recovering from some medical procedure(s) back about then. In June/July he did not reply to our invite/planning for the Campfire event up on Mt. Graham - but neither did one or two others. It was rather high elevation.

I lost track - need to give him a shout.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Anyone know - 12/18/22
I see Gene posting fairly often on Facebook. He seems to be doing well....

Ron in PHX last seen on line 1/21/22 at 5:27 PM according to his campfire profile.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Anyone know - 12/20/22
Mark, I talked with Ron today. He is recovering from a leg broken a while back and some complications have made it rough. But, in good spirits and seems to be getting better by the day. He has missed being with the gang at our SW gatherings and wants to get to he next one.

He looks into the Fire but, like many other good fellas, does not much engage - put off by classless kinds of posts and banter that seem to persist. Ron and some others among us have enjoyed the very real benefits of meeting great Campfire folks face to face around the fire for weekends. That perspective gives unwelcome reality to much of what happens here day to day.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Anyone know - 12/20/22
Thanks for the update Cs
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Anyone know - 12/20/22
Thanks, Paul.
Some enjoy the engagement - guessing Ron tired of it.
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: Anyone know - 12/22/22
Originally Posted by CCCC
Mark, I talked with Ron today. He is recovering from a leg broken a while back and some complications have made it rough. But, in good spirits and seems to be getting better by the day. He has missed being with the gang at our SW gatherings and wants to get to he next one.

He looks into the Fire but, like many other good fellas, does not much engage -

Good to hear he is improving. I meant to call him last week but life tends to make me forgetful...
Thank you for the update. He's been on my mind lately. I should stop in and see him again.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Anyone know - 12/23/22
If you do, please give him my and Joy's best, Joe.
© 24hourcampfire