Home
this one doesn’t have nearly as much snow, or wind, or cold…

The snow banks were close to 12 ft tall in some places and they had to melt it to get through because you couldn’t plow it.

I was in the last one of 77.. Good times folks.. good times.
Was there much looting in '77?
NOPE… The windchill was way too low.

Some of the natural gas line pumping stations froze and a good number of places lost heat..

Many lost elec., we ran a generator at the barn to power the house.. good thing was that my Mom was making home made bread with the storm hit so we got to eat fried brea dough …. Awesome !!
Wait a minute Juicy was out in - 30 weather when Trumps Boyz jumped Him ..
77 was way off the charts. You could ride snowmobiles over barn roofs. Some rural parts did not get dug out for weeks. No comparrison except maybe Buffalo.
'77 was far and away a totally different monster.

Ambient air temps in the low -30's Around 40 inches of (undrifted) snow. First time I ever saw a PennDot tri-axle with a snowblower on it. Brought them in to clear a hilltop highway cut that had drifted level at 25-30 feet deep.

IIRC, our school was cancelled for something like 2 weeks.
Yup we were there just south of Buffalo then. We drove snow machines on the roof tops and dug down to second floor windows to extract people from houses with no power. It was a mess. Weeks before some streets got cleaned up. Power was out for an extended period for lots of folks.
© 24hourcampfire