Home
If you are interested episode tonight airs on the Alamo. And first portion deals with a shipwreck found in Pass Cavello on the Texas coast. Most of this portion was filmed in our ranch house and on the property here in Blanco county. We aren’t in it but archaeologist son is as well as my pick up truck (🤣) and one of my Brit muskets they use for an example.
Very cool!
That’s a cool show.
Sounds interesting, thanks for the heads up.
Was the shipwreck involved in the Texas Revolution?
7mm
I like that show. Will check it out. Thanks
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
7mm

Actually at first they thought it was running guns to the Texian revolutionaries. Circa 1835-36. But further research appears it may be a ship of a French privateer who was running guns during the revolt against Spain circa 1817! So it was most likely involved in a revolution, just one a bit earlier!! 😉
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
7mm

Actually at first they thought it was running guns to the Texian revolutionaries. Circa 1835-36. But further research appears it may be a ship of a French privateer who was running guns during the revolt against Spain circa 1817! So it was most likely involved in a revolution, just one a bit earlier!! 😉
Maybe one of Jean Lafitte's boats?
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
7mm

Maybe one of Jean Lafitte's boats?

No Louis-Michel Aury. A competitor of Lafitte. Aury lost a ship at Pass Cavello. Aury was the Spanish Governor before Lafitte. He bugged out and Lafitte moved in around 1817.
© 24hourcampfire