Home
What can you tell me about these? My mom who is 86 yrs old, got these from her dad when he died in 1968. Two boxes are almost full, the one on top is half full. Anybody have some scoop?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I’ve used the Remington express and the monark . I still have some of the Remington. What do you want to know.
I'm still shooting a bunch of the green and red box Remington 16ga express ammo. I got a case a while back at $5.00/box. It works fine but smells a lot different when fired.
I shot a lot of those Federal Monarchs in the 1960s, also the Remington Express.
They're just old shotshells. You know, "vintage", maybe collectable to certain people if the boxes were full and pristine. They make nice decorations for a gun room/man cave.
look on Gunbroker , you"ll be suprised at what there worth , then look at ebay to see what the empty box will bring. shrink wrap them and put them up where people can see them great conversation starters !
JG,

I'd go kill quail in your parts and remember why they were bought.
Good deal, and thanks. I used the term vintage, maybe should have just said "old". Mainly wondering roughly how old these are.
JG,

There is a large piece of me that misses Midland. The folks we met there is why we are retired here in the Hill Country.
Originally Posted by Craigster
They're just old shotshells. You know, "vintage", maybe collectable to certain people if the boxes were full and pristine. They make nice decorations for a gun room/man cave.

Gotta clean the dust off and line them up again:

Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Craigster

Gotta clean the dust off and line them up again:

Nice, L2S
I wish I had RG's to add to it.
I like the Monark box.
Originally Posted by poboy
I like the Monark box.

YES!

It's similar to the Peters box. Competition advertising.
A few of mine
Cool thread! smile
I shot all of them back in the day. Used to shoot Alcan also. When i was a kid we used to ring the shell below half way down where the wad is with a knife. When you shoot it the entire end blows off like a sabot. It's a wonder we didn't bulge a barrel.
We had a Gambles store nearby when I grew up in west central Ks. They sold 12 ga shells, under their brand name. They were cheap but all I could afford. Wish I had a box like that.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
A few of mine
That 410 box brings back memories of when I started squirrel hunting. Had a Winchester 37 410 (still have it) and Dad would dig a couple shells out of a box just like that and we'd go.
Yup all the stuff like this in on the top shelf out in my shop. They look good up there!
Love the pics! EdM, yes Midland is a great place to make a living, and has a lot of great people.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’ve used the Remington express and the monark .

I think I might still have some of them, would have to check and see.
I have not used but have seen the top box. I think it is older.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What can you tell me about these? My mom who is 86 yrs old, got these from her dad when he died in 1968. Two boxes are almost full, the one on top is half full. Anybody have some scoop?

Ha! I have the same 2 boxes of Remington, full.
I love this thread.
Brings back memories for sure
© 24hourcampfire