Home
Ya know… for having to ring up your own groceries at Walmart Self Checkout??

Just asking
Not yet, but I did get Christmas Day off.
You have to go to one Walmart.com to get your W2.
I hear that the Christmas Bonus is a doosey.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Bonuses only for team leads and salaried management. But nobody at Xmas time.
Originally Posted by 19352012
My commodore 64 only picks up the Campfire Faceybook website. I have Linus installed on it
I saw somewhere that walmart has been losing money from the self checkout. Walmart going to move back to traditional checkout.

As an aside, I ponder on how much organized insider theft happens with the walmart employees who fill bins for online orders where the foodstuffs and such are scanned, paid online, and loaded into customer vehicles.
We should!

I went through there before Thanksgiving and me and boys worked up a sweat!

Those checkers are under paid....
Self checkouts depend on customer honesty and that's seriously lacking in some areas. A year or so ago, I read about a guy in a Home Depot who cut a UPC code off of some item that cost 5 or $6. Then he loaded up his cart with expensive tools. At the checkout, he had the UPC palmed and kept waving it in front of the scanner. The computer flagged too many items with the same number and alerted store officials. The guy was trying to steal several thousand worth of tools. You know that this happens daily in most stores.
I actually work at Walmart. It's terrible yet wonderful, like marriage, sorta. If one wants to steal, you can steal from Walmart. You will get caught eventually. They try to catch people but once the system shows there is a lot of stuff missing from inventory, corporate gets in on it and you will get caught.
When my son worked at Gander Mountain, someone took a grill out of its box and replaced it with an outboard motor. Got away with it too. Others used to fill up various boxes with fishing reels.
I’m pretty sure Walmarks’ theft policy is pay no attention to non whites. I was leaving through the exit scanner right behind a group of 4 Hispanics. The scanner beeped . The old white lady door greeter immediately stops me and paid no attention to anyone else. A Hispanic employee pointed out what happened and she turned around to go back to her post.

On another day, a door greeter told me they don’t check anyones personal bags whatsoever leaving the store. So you can wear an empty backpack in, fill up with merchandise, and likely leave without a search from the door guards. LOL
I actually witnessed a darker fellow doing this and pointed it out to the door greeters . They apologized to me and told me their policy. LOL

Clown world
You would not get beat to death for $14.50 an hour either.
75" flat screen TVs are getting harder to get out the door with, was at self check out and the watcher was in my back pocket, I turned around and asked uf she wanted to check me out instead of me doing it, she told me that wasent her job, but her job was to watch people. I told her to watch me she needs to back the f u c k up and do it from 6 feet away as she is invading my space
I actually work at Walmart. It's terrible yet wonderful, like marriage, sorta. If one wants to steal, you can steal from Walmart. You will get caught eventually. They try to catch people but once the system shows there is a lot of stuff missing from inventory, corporate gets in on it and you will get caught.
I actually love Self Checkout

I seems to be Kryptonite to persons 65 and above.
Self check is about change. Can you accept it or not. Plenty cannot. Break the paradigm and get out of the store faster is my thinking
I only do the online store pick up orders

works rather well......

I really don't miss the freak show either

I’m pointing the finger at corporate policy.
I'd rather do the self checkout than have to put up with some Negress clerk with a chip on her shoulder, acting like she's doing me a favor by waiting on me.
I am sure that a self checkout terminal would not have allowed this silliness.
https://alachuachronicle.com/michigan-pair-charged-with-stealing-10000-in-walmart-cash-card-scam/
GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Sterling Jay Jenkins, 26, and Keondreia Brentorion Williams, 23, both from Michigan, have been charged with grand theft and engaging in a scheme to defraud after allegedly using a cash card scam to purchase 10 diamond rings from a Gainesville Walmart and then returning them to a different Gainesville Walmart for a cash refund. The pair are allegedly part of a Michigan group that has been featured in media warnings about the scam.
Remember the good days with 100rd boxes of Remington 9mm and 357 mag ammo. These days Chinamart puts you through self checkout then want to look at your receipt at the door.
We do 100% curb pick up
Some of the corner stores here have to self check out only.
our Lowes are down to 2 checkout, the rest is self checkout
My wife worked at Wally World for a few weeks one Christmas season. She was stocking shelves from midnight to 7 am.

She got to enter the security room one time and watch some videos.

Every foot of the store is recorded 24/7. And the tapes are reviewed. At least they were in Ontario Or 30 years ago.

They might not catch you the first time. But make a habit of stealing from the same store, and you will get busted.

I see the cop cars pulled up to our local Walmarts quite often. Whatever, they are doing there, they keep it very discrete. I have never seen action inside the store. But the cops are not hanging out at the deli buying lunch.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
My wife worked at Wally World for a few weeks one Christmas season. She was stocking shelves from midnight to 7 am.

She got to enter the security room one time and watch some videos.

Every foot of the store is recorded 24/7. And the tapes are reviewed. At least they were in Ontario Or 30 years ago.

They might not catch you the first time. But make a habit of stealing from the same store, and you will get busted.

I see the cop cars pulled up to our local Walmarts quite often. Whatever, they are doing there, they keep it very discrete. I have never seen action inside the store. But the cops are not hanging out at the deli buying lunch.

I have zero problem with thieves and shop lifters being caught by any means and prosecuted.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’m pretty sure Walmarks’ theft policy is pay no attention to non whites. I was leaving through the exit scanner right behind a group of 4 Hispanics. The scanner beeped . The old white lady door greeter immediately stops me and paid no attention to anyone else. A Hispanic employee pointed out what happened and she turned around to go back to her post.

On another day, a door greeter told me they don’t check anyones personal bags whatsoever leaving the store. So you can wear an empty backpack in, fill up with merchandise, and likely leave without a search from the door guards. LOL
I actually witnessed a darker fellow doing this and pointed it out to the door greeters . They apologized to me and told me their policy. LOL

Clown world

I was a management intern for Wally World during my college days, many years ago. Hourly employees were NOT allowed to stop or question potential thieves (this might have been pre-door scanner days; I can't remember). A manager or security had to personally witness the attempted theft in order to do anything about it. No clue what policy is now, but what you describe does not surprise me in the least.
When I Blitz Krieg at Walmart I exclusively use self checkout. This gets me OTD faster, and stuff gets bagged according to my specifications.
For even more helpful advice on every day livin, please hit that Subscribe button.

Their corporate policy is not have employees get beaten to death
Originally Posted by MarkWV
Remember the good days with 100rd boxes of Remington 9mm and 357 mag ammo. These days Chinamart puts you through self checkout then want to look at your receipt at the door.

Ahh yea the good ole days at walmart.
Victuals and essentials

$164 for the cans
36.99 for the 100ct federal

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

——-

If only D-G had ammo. One stop shopping

yee yee !!

💀💀

WTH?

TN has a $0.10 "ammo fee" ???

And no, haven't got a W-2 from Wally's or anywhere else.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I actually love Self Checkout

I seems to be Kryptonite to persons 65 and above.
Not to this 68 year old, cuts way down on dealing with stupid.

Their corporate policy is not to get sued. We're largely saying the same thing in different ways, but the policy existed to prevent false accusations of theft as well, for the exact same reason. I watched people walk out the front door after hourly employees witnessed them stuff items into their clothing or bags but couldn't do a thing because I did not witness the act. I made a point of hovering around people who did these things when I had the opportunity, in hopes that they'd get nervous and dump the items, but that was the extent of my actions. Sometimes it worked but usually they walked out the door with items in tow.
I use whichever one gets me out the door the fastest, 9/10 times that’s the self checkout at Wally World. Walmart’s work pretty well but some like Lowe’s are so user unfriendly that I’ve yet to make it through one without getting a clerk over there to override something. If you’re gonna practically force people to use them then at least make them work.
No more bags and no live checkers, 1/1/23 at Walmart.

33 reasons for shītting your pants.
Ya know… for having to ring up your own groceries at Walmart Self Checkout??

Just asking

Nope - it's a 1099 since I'm an independent contractor.

Who does have that policy?

You’re right that I wouldn’t get beat to death by a crackhead stealing baby formula.
Originally Posted by kingston

Probably had a Natty Light one time.

Can't recall ever having a Keystone though.

The one that always "got me going" was Genesee Cream Ale. And at the time the folks I was hanging out and having keggers with loved the stuff.

Damn

And I always thought it was The Burger King

Bologna aint for everybody
Originally Posted by steveredd1
75" flat screen TVs are getting harder to get out the door with, was at self check out and the watcher was in my back pocket, I turned around and asked uf she wanted to check me out instead of me doing it, she told me that wasent her job, but her job was to watch people. I told her to watch me she needs to back the f u c k up and do it from 6 feet away as she is invading my space

You showed her…..

I worked for the Walmarks for a little while in college. Nights stocking shelves. Freaks come out to shop about 3am. 😂😂

Store had a loss prevention guy that was very good at what he did. Like he had spiderman senses. And good at blending in.

That was 20 years ago….

Store i frequent now has a guy thats terrible at it.

Hes a white dude, about 325#. Tatted up.

Wtf dude? You stick out like a sore thumb on the ethnic beuty supply aisle ….
Originally Posted by Valsdad

The one that always "got me going" was Genesee Cream Ale. And at the time the folks I was hanging out and having keggers with loved the stuff.

This dayum grass ain’t gettin mowed if I don’t have my hydration

The grass in our yard looks more like a swamp with some icy snow around the edges. And it's mostly winter killed yellow.

The grass in our yard looks more like a swamp with some icy snow around the edges. And it's mostly winter killed yellow.
No beer for you then.

No beer for you then.

Beer? Where? grin
I aint be drinkin that $8 a bottle brown gay chit with a creamy head on it while I’m cuttin grass or ridin back to the catfish pond

Back to self check out

No beer for you then.

Day like today, were I still drinking, would be something with a little more warming power.
I aint be drinkin that $8 a bottle brown gay chit with a creamy head on it while I’m cuttin grass or ridin back to the catfish pond

Back to self check out
Dude,

there's this stuff, I think it's still on the market, actually used to taste fairly good.........well, at least it had taste................that served really well for lawn work, goin to the fishin' hole and other activities.

Budweiser..................

hell, even that nasty Coors crap had more taste than anything "light".

Sheesh even
We had an associate who is so old, when I saw his picture on the board of veterans I asked him North or South?
For the people that don’t know. There are miles of piping inside of a brewery so when they change over they don’t want to put Budweiser in with Bud Light so they came up with Natural Light and call it push beer. It sold so good they had to start making it. Same with Keystone. It was push beer from Coors.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Doosey or dooby?
Originally Posted by MadDog4298
For the people that don’t know. There are miles of piping inside of a brewery so when they change over they don’t want to put Budweiser in with Bud Light so they came up with Natural Light and call it push beer. It sold so good they had to start making it. Same with Keystone. It was push beer from Coors.
Broke digks gotta buy beer too.
Originally Posted by MadDog4298

I bet there are still folks around that won't believe anything along those lines.

Like the folks that wouldn't believe that Lucky grocery store bread was exactly the same as Wonder Bread. I made the dough, molded it, put it in pans, baked it, and most importantly changed the dang bags on the wrapping machine, so yeah, I do know.....................but there was always some folks wouldn't believe me and kept buying their overpriced Wonder Bread.
Shoot Target is not any better. Went to Target today and they had a total of 1 checker working this particular store. Even the wife made a comment about it being worst than Wal-Mart.
My commodore 64 only picks up the Campfire Faceybook website. I have Linus installed on it

I found my original commadore VIC 20 with a cassette tape drive all still looking like new in my moms basement over Christmas. I don't think I ever figured out anything to do with it so I put it all back in the box where it's sat for 40 years. I wanted the 64 so I could at least play beachhead. Couldn't even do that on a vic 20.

Bb
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I found my original commadore VIC 20 with a cassette tape drive all still looking like new in my moms basement over Christmas. I don't think I ever figured out anything to do with it so I put it all back in the box where it's sat for 40 years. I wanted the 64 so I could at least play beachhead. Couldn't even do that on a vic 20.

Bb
Lush it up.
I had a Gameboy.

It was pretty cool.
Our DGs aint got beer.

Only canned beer I buy is Trooper Hellcat from Krogers or reg Trooper from specialty store in the big city.

Proly because my game console way back was an Intellivision.
Went to Walmart once in last 4 months. Yup, some trash w screamin kids as soon as I got in.

Same chit as before, maybe a 6 months span then.
© 24hourcampfire