Home
My Father passed unexpected Wednesday January 4. Tomorrow is his service, I pray I can hold it together and stand strong for my sister and mother as I speak about my father.

Were a family that showed our love through work and sacrifice and not words.

Thank you Dad
Sounds like you had a similar raising to me.

RIP
Sorry for your loss.
Tough stuff man and I'm sorry to hear it.

Good luck tomorrow.
I'll Pray for your Stenght.
I’m sorry for your loss. I offer my prayers for you and your family and wish Godspeed to your father.
I’m sorry about your loss. My brother and I lost our mom unexpectedly at the age of 54. It’s a terrible feeling but the days will get better and you’ll start to see your dad in all the little things in life. He’ll never leave you. God bless you and your family during this time.
Condolences sent your way.
Sorry for your loss, RC.

You’ll do fine tomorrow.

🦫
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
Sorry to hear this.

I feel you will do what a son should do for the family and later to think for yourself.

That will happen later when you do things he liked to do and you will miss him.

Be strong.
Very sorry to hear that. You will get through it, but never over it. My condolences to you and your family.
Have friends who have had to do it. Nobody expects sweeping oratory and direct eye contact. Sometimes it’s best to have it all written down, and basically read it. If you try to do too much from “memory”, you start thinking about the “memories” too much, and it can get hard to make it through without getting too emotional to speak. Folks understand....
Hang tough,
Wishing you the best tomorrow.
Prayers sent for you and your family .
I wish you all the best. I hope the service goes well tomorrow.
Sorry to hear of this. Holding it together isn't something I'd care to try to do. I'd be leaving that bit reliving of my dad's history to one of my cousins.
Wow! That’s tough.

What you wrote in your original post of this thread pretty much sums it up. You’ll do fine.
I'm sorry for your loss, rockchucker.

You'll do just fine tomorrow.
There's no grade. Just speak from the heart. Crying does not make a man weak in times like this. Will have you in my prayers
Sorry for your loss, RC. Lost my dad October 1. Sounds like your dad had a good run. Good luck tomorrow.
Sorry for you and your family OP. Lost Dad in 1996, still miss him today. Love Ya Dad!
So sorry to read this. Condolences to your family.
tough go , prayers sent, lost my wife 6 years ago you never forget ,and it can surface at any moment in time,

Norm
Very sorry for your loss.
You’ll be covered in prayer by myself and some others.
There are some great folks here.
Congratulations on having such a Dad, who has made his mark on your life.
7mm
Hang in there RC !
Best wishes to you. Talk about the good times, everything will work itself out.
Originally Posted by rockchucker
My Father passed unexpected Wednesday January 4. Tomorrow is his service, I pray I can hold it together and stand strong for my sister and mother as I speak about my father.

Thank you Dad

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, may your father's memory be a blessing to you.

I lost my father in 2020 and mother in 2022. I had always feared losing them and also having to bury them.

Even though I loathe public speaking of any sort, when I looked at the casket before speaking I simply spoke from my heart and was surprisingly composed and eloquent (something no one has ever accused me of in the past). Somehow, you will find the strength to send your father off with beautiful words and thoughts and you'll not even realize it as it's happening.

Thank you Dad
been there (2016) it will be tough , you will survive for your family and grand kids ... you will out of the blue have sad moments for a long time, then the memories will turn to good memories .
Sorry for your loss. Praying
My condolences RC, tough times for sure, you'll do fine tomorrow, of that I have no doubt.
Sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you and your family! 🙏🙏🙏 Letting your emotions out is an important part of the grieving process!
I'm sorry for your loss.

We buried my wife's father on Friday.

It's a tough deal.
I lost mine a year ago next week. I hope you can stay strong, it's tough. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Rick
My condolences, rockchuker. Prayers for peace and healing for your family’s hearts.
I was in the same situation 2 years ago.

It was tough, but I made it okay.

I spent several hours preparing to speak. I wrote out, word for word, what I wanted to say. Wordsmithed it. Practiced several times, even working on my timing and phrasing.

When I delivered the message, I read from my notes.

This enables me to focus on delivering a message to honor Dad rather than focusing on my grief.

You will do fine tomorrow.
Please accept my heart felt condolences to you and your family during this time of remembrance!
Prayers to you, your sister & mother 🙏 for strength.
Condolences, Brother
Sorry to hear, Prayers for you and your family.
Originally Posted by ldholton
been there (2016) it will be tough , you will survive for your family and grand kids ... you will out of the blue have sad moments for a long time, then the memories will turn to good memories .
Amen.
It’s sort of amazing, that after the hurt of the loss goes away, how little things will remind you of your parents, and make you smile, and thank God for them!
There’s not a day goes by, that I’m not reminded of Mom & Dad, and makes me thank God for the gift of two great people who gave me so much.
As I said, congratulations, and rest assured you’re covered in prayer.
7mm
Mine died 40 years ago sorry for.your loss
Sorry for your loss.
dave
Sorry for your loss. Say what you think your father would want said, which sounds like would be short and to the point. You give the impression that he was a good man, and there isn't much more that any of us could wish to have said about us when we are gone.
Prayers sent....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I lost my dad 3 years ago on the 21st of this month. I actually lost him a couple of years earlier to Parkinson’s but it took awhile.

No shame in tears.

I spoke at his service. Everyone here has a story about Cork (his nickname since a little kid). I’d like a moment of silence so each of you can focus on that story in your mind. I hope to see a bunch of smiling faces as you remember your favorite Cork story.

Here are a couple of mine:

Be brief and genuine.

P
With time....it doesn't get a damn bit better either!! I miss mine every day!!
My condolences to you and your family.
Condolences from NorCal

Keep to this "work and sacrifice" and I think you'll do fine.
Sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort.
This makes my heart heavy for you and your family.
Prayers from the south.
Thoughts your way Bobbie.
My sincere condolences RC. Prayers sent.
Deepest sympathies to you and your family.
My Dad passed in 2007. I found him unresponsive early in the morning in his bed. I administered CPR & called 911 but it was too late. He was 75 and we were very close. Broke my heart and the mourning was difficult and I had some very tough days but you finally move on. You’ll think about him everyday and it will slowly get better as you realize how close you were and think about the good times. Sincere condolences to your family & may your Dad rest in peace.
My heartfelt condolences. There are times when it just sucks to be the grownup. At my dad's funeral my brothers thought I was a rock. Afterwards it took several days for my cheeks inside to heal from biting them, same at my mom's. May our Lord bless and keep you.
I put a roll of tie wire, as set of Clines, his Eastwing and a roll of duct tape in his box the day we lowered him.

He was hard on us but he made us strong by being so. I never wanted for a thing and worked for everything I have. He taught me that. He went quick while I was coming back from Montana.
Was able to walk till the day he died.

Stand up and speak the truth about your Father.

I am sorry the inevitable has come to pass, and for your loss, but the one thing we all know is we leave here. Like I told Pop the day I left for the elk hunt and he said he knew it was getting close, would you want to be sick and in the bed forever?

I hope your Dad passed easy, and if did not I am glad his suffering is over.

Prayers for healing and solace to you!
Bobby, you've been in my thoughts and prayers ever since I heard of your loss.
I’m sorry for your loss and what you’ve going through.
Sorry for your loss, my friend. May God Bless your family in this difficult time. RIP.
Losing people you Love is so difficult.
So sorry for your loss.
Prayers for you and your family.
Sorry for your loss.
My dad passed almost 2 yrs ago.

For me, the zap to the head after is tougher than the funeral.
Wish itd go away.
I’ve been thru it. Prayers for strength!
My heart goes out to you in this difficult time. I can't imagine standing up and speaking right now as both my Dad and wife are dying and speaking about it right now makes me weep.

My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your Dad.
Very sorry.

Good luck.
Lucky dad passed in his sleep. His suffering ended. For the pass 5 years he suffered, but had damn good days, and im blessed to be his son.
If you loved him as it sounds like you do, you will need not to write anything down. Speak from your heart and you will know everything Will be ok.
I am very sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry for your loss. Stand tall and show your pride for you dad, Prayers sent for you and your family.
PJ
I'm sorry. Hang in there.

Thank you Dad

Bobby you know I wish you the best. I didn't make it through my dads service, and it won't matter if you don't either. I know exactly how you feel, but I wish I didn't....
Originally Posted by ingwe

Thank you Dad

Bobby you know I wish you the best. I didn't make it through my dads service, and it won't matter if you don't either. I know exactly how you feel, but I wish I didn't....

This, for sure. Well said.
Condolences to you and your family.
Sorry to hear of your loss, dad passed from an unexpected stroke during covid, so no one could be with him in the ambulance, nor at the hospital.
He was 96, it was horrible.
Very tough duty. Grace will carry you through this. You’ll look back and wonder how you did it. Truth is you didn’t but our God will carry you through for you, your family and guests. Many of us will lift you up in prayer. Very sorry for your loss.
Prayers for comfort and peace for you all.

Take care, Willie
Stay strong for your family and sorry for your loss.
Sorry for your loss.
Friend Bobby looks like you have a lot of good people here at the Fire pulling for you tomorrow.

Have confidence, you'll be fine.

Wishing you all the best during these tough times.
Sincere condolences and godspeed in your talk. That you care deeply will be evident, no matter what.
Sorry for your loss. You will do well.
Thank you Dad

Grief never ends...But it changes
It's a passage, not a place to stay.
Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith...
It is the price of love.

Author Unknown
My sincere Condolences. The death of a parent releases a lot of emotions.

We could not visit my dying, bed-ridden, but still cognizant mother, for a whole year during Covid. She slipped into unconsciousness just before we were allowed into her room again, and died the day after.

How ridiculous it seemed, and at what cost?
Rockchucker:

The pain of loss never goes away. It may seem more distant at times, but it will always be there in your periphreal vision. Hold on to it, because as long as you miss, you will love. Remember all the expreiences and smile for all the good times.

George:
In my mind, the greatest evil that came durning the covid fiasco was forcing people to face their final hdays and hours isolated from loved ones and endure the pain utterly alone.
You have my condolences. Your feelings, tonight and tomorrow - and going forward - are a brilliant reflection of deep love and gratitude for your father. Take deep breaths, don't be in a hurry, speak what is most on your heart - and you will be at your best. I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Both of my parents have passed and I can assure you and your family that time is the great curative - with every passing day you'll find yourselves mourning his death less and less and celebrating his life more and more.
Godspeed, and please accept my condolences. I'm sure you'll do your old man proud.
Sorry for your loss. Hang in there. I lost both my parents within a year, my father was my lifelong hunting, fishing partner and best friend. It sucked and still sucks.
I am very sorry for your loss. May God give you strength.
You will be in my prayers also, Rockchucker. However you handle things will be just the way it's supposed to be! Hang tough!
Just let the words out... The love and respect will be self evident... I assure you that no-one will judge the way that you take upon this task.

Sorry for your loss.

I think about my dad every single day since... you will as well.
Sorry to hear about your dad.
Prayers for your family during this time
Condolences to you and your family Bobby. You’ll have his hand on your shoulder as you speak…..you’ll do fine.
I regret hearing of your loss.....my condolences to your family.
Sorry for your loss.
Prayers for you and yours.
Sorry for the families loss. Prayers sent.
Prayers for you and your family.
I’m very sorry for your loss.
I am sorry you lost your Dad.

It sucks

Hang tough
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for grace to make it through
Prayers and condolences for you and your family.
Lost my Dad Jan 25, 2020, shortly before he turned 92.
He had put himself into a home, and passed just before they shut down all visitation.
For him, it was a blessing to go - as he was one of the most social people I've ever known.
It would have been like having a bear in a cage - and using a hotshot on him, regularly. BAD!!!

I miss him, but recognize the blessing of the timing.

Best wishes today. You'll do well.
🙏🙏🙏
Sending condolences your way
Good people are always hard to lose. My sympathy.
It is never a good time to lose a patent, I still miss mine.
My thoughts are with you.

Being close with a parent / family member can require a long healing process - it was several years for me after my Dad passed. I wish you the best on a difficult journey
My condolences. I lost my father in 2013. It is rough and there really isn't anything you can do to prepare for it. Cherish his memories. I suggest, when you are able to, get a notebook and write down everything you can remember doing with him. Trust me when I say you will want to read them a few years from now.
Sorry for your loss, may the peace of the lord be with you and your family.........let the healing begin.
Sorry for your loss. I had a hard time talking when dad passed. Stand tall and remember the good and fun things. You'll be glad you did. One of the hardest things we do, is bury parents and children.
Hold tight to your faith and the good times you had with Dad. I buried my Mom in October after a three year cancer battle so I understand. We knew it was coming but that didn't make it any easier. My Dad passed like yours, unexpected, in 2004 and that was the worst day of my life.
Sorry for your loss, sir.

Thank you Dad
I'm sorry for your loss my friend... May he RIP..
Condolences.
God Bless you and your family.

Dads are like magic. When you have a great one you inherit the world through your fond memories.

When you have a bad one you feel cursed forever.

I had a great one. We had so much in common when it came to our attitudes on life.

He's been gone for 30 years now. It was difficult for me to say goodbye. I pray you will find the proper words and composure.

Alps
Dad's service was last night. We were overwhelmed by our friends, neighbors, co-workers and business associates that showed up. it was more of a reunion then a service. Guarantee pop was up in big horse auction in the sky smiling down on us.
Sounds like a good send off.
Sorry for your loss, stay strong.
I lost my dad in June. Standing before his friends and family telling of his life and accomplishments was the hardest time I have ever faced. He deserved every word I spoke, which made it easier, by a small fraction. I loved my dad and would give almost anything for one more conversation with him.

I am very sorry for your loss. Condolences and prayers

Scott
Sorry for your loss. We’re burying my mother in law tomorrow as well. It’s going to be a tough day for my wife. Best thoughts from my home to yours.
Prayers for you and your wife, Docbar
You both have my sympathy.
Sorry for your loss. Been there. Keep telling his stories.
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
Sorry to hear of your loss. This thread reminded me of my late father's take on that sort of thing. He felt that it was better to live a long, full life and have your children at your funeral versus having to bury one of your own children. I thought of that 3 months ago when my mom passed at age 96 and it was comforting to realize that she never had to bury any of her 4 kids. That would have been devastating to her.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Prayers for you and your wife, Docbar
You both have my sympathy.

Thank you. There’s peace knowing her decade plus long battle with dementia is finally over.
© 24hourcampfire