Home
Posted By: Dillonbuck Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Ban in Illinois.
Includes the manufacturing of them.
Rock River, Springfield, will they have to move?
Posted By: keith_dunlap Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
If they’re smart !
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Leadership matters.

Alot.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
So does voting. Supreme court can't strike this down fast enough
Posted By: smarquez Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
They really can't. I believe these states know they are going to eventually lose at SCOTUS but they don't care. They will continue playing the long game hoping the 2A support groups will run out of money and then they can have their way. When will the people in these states realize that their politicians are throwing money away with these stupid laws?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Say that one of these laws has 10 sections. The court strikes down 9 of them. The antis have gained 1 item and we’ve lost 1. 1 by 1 they win.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Do they even make any (select fire) assault weapons? Or has Illinois re-defined the term to meet their agenda?
Posted By: Bwana338 Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
By select fire is that like going from semi-auto to a single-shot button/lever selective?
Posted By: 700LH Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Say that one of these laws has 10 sections. The court strikes down 9 of them. The antis have gained 1 item and we’ve lost 1. 1 by 1 they win.
Yes sadly so,, I keep hearing "winning" about a battle as the war is slowly being lost
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by Brazos
Do they even make any (select fire) assault weapons? Or has Illinois re-defined the term to meet their agenda?

There are assault rifles and "assualt rifles".
Arguing semantics is a waste of time.
Especially among pro gun guys.

What was banned by the Assault Weapons Ban weren't assualt weapons by proper
definition. Semantics didn't change a darn thing about being able to go buy a normal AR with a 30 young mag.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

There are assault rifles and "assualt rifles".
Arguing semantics is a waste of time.
Especially among pro gun guys.

What was banned by the Assault Weapons Ban weren't assualt weapons by proper
definition. Semantics didn't change a darn thing about being able to go buy a normal AR with a 30 young mag.
In fact, while "assault weapon" is a made up term by anti-gun politicians, "assault rifle" is a legitimate technical term, referring to a detachable box magazine fed, intermediate caliber carbine capable of either semiautomatic or full automatic fire via a selector switch. The firearms they seek to ban are not assault rifles, since they are not full auto capable, and "assault weapon" is a meaningless term in any legitimate sense, since it just refers to a list of features leftists find frightening, but which have little to do with the capabilities of the weapon vs those weapons not restricted.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by 700LH
Yes sadly so,, I keep hearing "winning" about a battle as the war is slowly being lost

The south did it through the civil war, won most battles but lost the war because they ran out of resources and got cocky. They never recovered. Same thing will happen now.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
A ball bat, a sling, many things could be, "An Assault Weapon.
".
Posted By: akrange Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
The List of “ Will not Ship To “ is growing..

Who ya gonna Call ..
Posted By: johna1 Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Ban in Illinois.

This makes me laugh

As I remember this:

https://bearingarms.com/davidl/2017...river-arms-sell-out-illinois-ffls-n29795

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/s...ibutions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Isn’t WOA in Illinois?
Posted By: worriedman Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Of course they do, every Police Department in the US has them, standard weapon of the infantry as well.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
The boy has to go. he needs to be impeached and tried for criminal insanity.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
According to what I read, manufacturers who make such “assault weapons” Illinois are still okay as long as they’re shipping them out of state. The hypocrisy of politicians…
Posted By: minengr Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by cra1948
According to what I read, manufacturers who make such “assault weapons” Illinois are still okay as long as they’re shipping them out of state. The hypocrisy of politicians…

This. They can sell to instate LEO.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Old Chinese saying:
"... A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ..."

Liberals don't give 2 hoots in hell how many of their laws are passed, as long as they get one (1) concession in their favor.

In the life span of a honey bee, they only produce one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey......but thousands of bees can produce many pounds of honey.

^^^^This^^^^
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Its time for civil lawsuits against the state to recoup attorneys fees and any other related costs.
Posted By: memtb Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
They should as well as any other company that believes in America and freedom! Illinois needs to see a mas exodus of businesses similar to Kalifornia! memtb
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Chit! Here comes another convoy of Uhaul trucks into Tennessee.
Posted By: Papag Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Select fire full auto have been illegal in IL for decades.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by Bwana338
By select fire is that like going from semi-auto to a single-shot button/lever selective?

From semiauto to full-semiauto.....
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Assault weapons - 01/12/23
Illinois is the scariest movie of all
Posted By: minengr Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
Originally Posted by IZH27
Isn’t WOA in Illinois?

Yes. For now. However, I don't think they offer full builds, just uppers. So technically they shouldn't be affected much.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
Originally Posted by asheepdog
Its time for civil lawsuits against the state to recoup attorneys fees and any other related costs.
this right here if they would sue the living [bleep] out of people that start this for the cost after makes supreme Court that lot of this [bleep] would stop..
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Chit! Here comes another convoy of Uhaul trucks into Tennessee.

Yankees- - - - -come to Tennessee on vacation- - -spend lots of money- - - -go home in a couple of weeks.

damyankees- - - - - -come to Tennessee, buy property- - - -stink the place up with their liberal politics.

damyankee sonovabeech- - - - -marries one of our women.

Closing the hunting season the varmints in 1865 was a mistake!
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
Ban in Illinois.
Whats an assault weapon? Never seen one at the local gun shops
Posted By: Huntz Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
They really can't. I believe these states know they are going to eventually lose at SCOTUS but they don't care. They will continue playing the long game hoping the 2A support groups will run out of money and then they can have their way. When will the people in these states realize that their politicians are throwing money away with these stupid laws?
When will people realize that the Politicos could give a flying f uck what the constituents think?
Posted By: Hypocrite Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
At least they made switches illegal since a federal gun charge wasn’t enough.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Assault weapons - 01/13/23
If there’s one thing on God’s Green Earth that I’d love to see gone, it’s “assault weapons”.
Now before you get your panties in a wad, hear me out!
The term assault weapons, or assault rifles is a name dreamed up by the people who wish to see you and your loved ones defenseless!
I much prefer to call them “Defense Rifles” myself.
The truth is that these rifles are pretty easy for a novice to shoot, and a helluva lotta fun to boot!
The powers that be, plan on controlling everything and everybody, every breath you take and every dime you make, from the womb to the tomb.
A population owning these deadly “assault weapons or rifles” , might have the teeth to fight back!
That’s why these deadly rifles, “which have no sporting purpose,” and which have very little (I believe less than 00.5 % of crimes”, need to be banned.
7mm
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Assault weapons - 01/14/23
Assault is such a subjective term.

Well...not really. It's pretty straight forward.

I've been an LEO 40 years and never held an "assault" weapon...only "defense" weapons.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Assault weapons - 01/14/23
Why the hell do people continue to put SO much faith in the court system??? "Just wait until the supreme court gets ahold of this!".... really? And how many years will that take? And how good of a decision are you ACTUALLY gonna get? OH, and how is that big supreme court decision working out in New York now???
Posted By: Redneck Re: Assault weapons - 01/14/23
Originally Posted by Stophel
Why the hell do people continue to put SO much faith in the court system??? "Just wait until the supreme court gets ahold of this!".... really? And how many years will that take? And how good of a decision are you ACTUALLY gonna get? OH, and how is that big supreme court decision working out in New York now???
A point well taken..

The SCOTUS usually makes a minimalist decision - i.e., a case with many points may win on a couple but the rest stand... Job security, in a way, since those other points will be in some other upcoming lawsuit ..

What I wanna see is the court taking these scofflaw governors and/or AGs of these anti-gun states to task.. How that works? I'm no lawyer, but there has to be a way for the SCOTUS to tell these a-holes to "knock it off already"...

JMHO...
© 24hourcampfire