Home
Posted By: MPat70 Got my electric bill today - 01/13/23
Gosh damned son's-a-bîtch is 45% higher.

I sincerely hope all democrats come down with a fatal disease!

Fûck Joe Biden
Originally Posted by MPat70

Fûck Joe Biden

NG is what took a hike this year here.......bassturds
Indeed, here too. We're at .1456 per kwh. It's almost double. Might be time to re-think all the stuff electric uses
Ours just went up 15%. Natural gas bill doubled for the same time and usage as last year.
Come on guys, we had those poor illegals we have to care for !!!!
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Come on guys, we had those poor illegals we have to care for !!!!
Your right!!! I forgot, I'm ashamed.

🤬🤬🤬🤬
Posted By: hanco Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/13/23
We had some 600.00 bills last summer
Our kWh rate with all the "adjustments" is $0.242
this make sense ?

https://www.rockymountainpower.net/...s-regulation/utah/Utah_Price_Summary.pdf
Posted By: hanco Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/13/23
Thanks Joe
We went on the budget plan several yrs ago no surprises
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/13/23
Get on Budget OP and you can stop this type of “sticker shock”.

I was at $118 during the summer, right at $120 now after paying $121 for 2 months. I use to get the month of February free but I started using a window AC in the garage during the summer so that bill for that month is now around $70-80. I believe February is the month that the power company ante’s up and gets the bill back to being even, but I’ve never paid the normal rate during that month.

Fûck Joe Biden
are you on Liberty or White River?
Originally Posted by earlybrd
We went on the budget plan several yrs ago no surprises

do the same with power & NG

just have to catch up over the summer
Well you can't take it with you.

Might as well let the light shine while the power companies have power.
My bill went from $128 in December 2021 to over $300 December of 2022. Same usage.. FJB
I've got 7.6 kwatts of solar panels and it's no where near enough. I figure on average it aaves me $100 but with my old hot tub plugged in outside and a plug in pacifica van I still get some $200 bills. Electric cars and solar is not the answer.

Bb
Posted By: KFWA Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23
got mine yesterday too

they sent me a notice a few weeks ago saying it would be going up

It was exactly what they said it was going to be
Posted By: NoDak Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23

Fûck Joe Biden

Oh it will get better...🤔...never.

Fûck Joe Biden

And Ta’Queen……
I’m signd up for vouches from Comoonitee Actshion they pay my lectromogricity brlls coz my disruhbillity we keep dat thermatat rite jack i aint be wearin no pants
Posted By: ihookem Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23
My gas bill was $22 and electric was $66. I heat with wood , am very cheap on the electricity . I even hang my clothes on the line in winter. They dry just fine and put them in the dryer or 15 min. I do everything I can to save money and have a really efficient house. Also, the wife was gone 18 days.
Co-worker told me today his is double the last one.
$350.

Haven't seen ours.
Rural Electric is usually more stable than others.
Unless, you went with an outside "cheaper" supplier.
They love the surprise surcharges. Few years ago folks were suddenly
going from $200 to 4 digit bills.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’m signd up for vouches from Comoonitee Actshion they pay my lectromogricity brlls coz my disruhbillity we keep dat thermatat rite jack i aint be wearin no pants

I hope this new expanded vernacular of yours is as painful to write as it is to read and I mean that sincerely.
Posted By: blanket Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23
Those of us on rural electrical companies just keep getting the shaft. Hope when they put in the rural ev chargers none of them work
Originally Posted by blanket
Those of us on rural electrical companies just keep getting the shaft. Hope when they put in the rural ev chargers none of them work
Are you related to Nugget?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
No do you
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
No do you
Do I what?

Are you Wabi’s relative?
Dumb fix you asked the question, no not related to wabi, are you related to harris??
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23
Are you talking Rural Electrical Co-ops?

I like mine. $0.085 /kWh
$15 basic charge
3/100 of a cent State charge

This months bill $70.54

Maybe I burned $100 in firewood?

I ain't complaining, except the new rate goes into effect on January's bill. Going up a to a whopping $0.0855 / kWh or some such.

I think I can afford it, for now, at $2.35/day and that's with my wife running here electric art glass kiln most every day.

Posted By: deflave Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23
Why do you all point fingers at things you cannot influence?
I ain't gonna complain. 2000 sq ft all electric home, (except for a small, decorative propane fireplace, which almost warms one room) 24ftx24ft garage where I use a 1500 watt heater to keep it above freezing. Well, washer, dryer, oven, range, 400 watts non continuous on the aquarium, and single digit temps through a couple weeks of Dec.

Our bill broke $200 for Dec.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've got 7.6 kwatts of solar panels and it's no where near enough. I figure on average it aaves me $100 but with my old hot tub plugged in outside and a plug in pacifica van I still get some $200 bills. Electric cars and solar is not the answer.

Bb
Plug in Pacifica van?
Just talked to the accountant, ours went up a bit. $188.
$30 increase.
Running the electric heat some along with the furnace.
Me, wife, 19 and 15 year old daughters.
Electric stove, dryer, water heater.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/14/23
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I ain't gonna complain. 2000 sq ft all electric home, (except for a small, decorative propane fireplace, which almost warms one room) 24ftx24ft garage where I use a 1500 watt heater to keep it above freezing. Well, washer, dryer, oven, range, 400 watts non continuous on the aquarium, and single digit temps through a couple weeks of Dec.

Our bill broke $200 for Dec.

NO back up heat system?
Nope, just the propane fireplace. And I would have to plug in a genset, cause the gas won't run without 110V. There are enough gensets around to keep the wells running. Running water and the propane fireplace would keep the pipes from freezing

There are three RVs in the yard. The daughters 40 ft trailer, my 28 ft trailer, and my 9ft Lance cab over camper. That would cover cooking needs and showers.

I do not own the house, so not a lot I can do about backup heat. Except buy a bigger genset w/ 220V capability.

PS, And I don't really want to start cutting and hauling firewood again at this point anyway. But a pellet stove would be nice.
Our winter bill is just over half of what it was last year since we installed a Quadrafire woodstove. HELL OF A LOT MORE COMFORTABLE. No comparison
Posted By: Axl Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/15/23
Woodstoves are great as long as you have the ability to do all the work yourself and access o free wood. Otherwise not so great a deal. December was cold. Its going to get interesting.
Posted By: memtb Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/15/23
Our daughter’s gas. Bill roughly doubled from last December’s bill! We didn’t even talk about the electric bill! memtb
Yea let’s plug in more electric cars and hope
Electric hill gets cheaper
We have Claverac REC & I just checked my bill. The rate is: Generation - $0.6155 / kWh, Distribution - $0.03854, Cost of service charge - $33.00.
The cost for the house averages about $115. per month & my hunting cabin with the same REC, 20 miles away has the same kWh & service charge, runs about $33./month. We have a propane boiler & heat pump, but heat with the wood stove in the basement only. Get's 90 to 100 downstairs & makes a good clothes dryer & we open the windows upstairs to cool the house down when it gets too hot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/ur
[url=https://postimg.cc/sMPksNnJ][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Everyone wants some of your hard earned money.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Fûck Joe Biden

NG is what took a hike this year here.......bassturds

Electric bill has not arrive yet but my NG gas bill did!!

Used 8% less compared to last year but bill was 25% higher!!!
Mine runs $400-450 a month.

And we heat mostly with wood. And hang up about 1/2 of our laundry when we can.

Hot tub outside, 2 tandem lectric water heaters, 2 additional barn/shops, dog heater, 2 heat pumps, 7-8 refrigerators and freezers. And about 3700 sq ft of of home for my daughter to leave lights on every dang room.

Natural gas co won’t cross our creekbed unless we contract a $25,000 bedrock bore. Hell with that.
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/15/23
Mine just came in at $165.00 for rural electric.

That's for 3600 square' living space (walkout) and a 750' "bunker" under the garage. The house is ICF construction, with geothermal and we pretty much heat the 1800' upstairs with wood when home. 2 freezers, 2 refrigerators. Whole house is electric, I do have a 500 gallon propane tank, but that's just for the 20KW standby generator.

We're thinking of adding solar next, but $30K buys a chitload of electricity now and the break even point might not add up.
Ours runs 80 bucks a month but we don't think we need to live the life of Riley in a 3000 sq. ft. house. Neither do we give a rats ass about the Joneses and what they might have or think.
Posted By: 16penny Re: Got my electric bill today - 01/15/23

Hot tub outside, 2 tandem lectric water heaters, 2 additional barn/shops, dog heater, 2 heat pumps, 7-8 refrigerators and freezers. And about 3700 sq ft of of home for my daughter to leave lights on every dang room.

Natural gas co won’t cross our creekbed unless we contract a $25,000 bedrock bore. Hell with that.

I used to be afraid of the dark but now I’m afraid of the light
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
We have Claverac REC & I just checked my bill. The rate is: Generation - $0.6155 / kWh, Distribution - $0.03854, Cost of service charge - $33.00.
The cost for the house averages about $115. per month & my hunting cabin with the same REC, 20 miles away has the same kWh & service charge, runs about $33./month. We have a propane boiler & heat pump, but heat with the wood stove in the basement only. Get's 90 to 100 downstairs & makes a good clothes dryer & we open the windows upstairs to cool the house down when it gets too hot.

61c/kWh?

That don’t seem right.
Originally Posted by 16penny

I used to be afraid of the dark but now I’m afraid of the light

I cringe every time my kids slide a frozen pizza in the oven.

Im like “let that mfer thaw a couple hours first”
Water bill used to run in the $45/$55 range. Local RWD decided they're water wells weren't enough and voted to build a WTP. Bill went up to $65/$75 range.
Decided they needed a rate increase (inflation?)!
Bill now runs in the $85 range.

Electricity is pretty much the same. Runs about $80/$90 a month until summer. Never over $130/month.

Garbage started at $49/month. Went to $65/month. Then to $79/month.
October, rate increase to $122/month! 🤯
Talked them down to $98/month.
Guess I'm gonna hafta go back to burn barrels! 😖👎
Despise a nasty, stinking burn barrel. Around here, you can't just burn garbage any time you want. We have a lot of burn bans out here on the Cross Plains!
Originally Posted by ironbender

61c/kWh?

That don’t seem right.

Sorry about that. Generation is $0.06155 / kWh
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Yea let’s plug in more electric cars and hope
Electric hill gets cheaper

Hey, Gayghosts and Lostinhells and Suckawhore and Houston_2s buds in DC want to have more rolling blackouts and also be able to cut the power off when they wish to make the folks comply.
Originally Posted by ironbender

61c/kWh?

That don’t seem right.

Sorry about that. Generation is $0.06155 / kWh
That makes sense! (cents) 😎
© 24hourcampfire