Home
Posted By: blanket Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
Trying to find an outfitter for an old folks hog hunting trip, any recommendations
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
I hope you find some piggies to shoot. It’s fun

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
Recalling a bar in Mobile that had lots of hogs. Good luck!
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

There are some hogs in the dancehall we frequent at times
Posted By: kingston Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

There are some hogs in the dancehall we frequent at times

LMAO
I’d try Birmingham and Huntsville
Posted By: WildHare Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
I'd recommend you find one that likes to kill the hogs with guns instead of knives. Wrastlin 'em down and stickin 'em on the ground might be a little tougher for the older folks! But then if you're just shooting the hogs, what fun is that?
I forget the name of the outfit, saw an advisement for night hog hunting.

They supplied everything.

You show up and hunt. Sounded like nuisance hunts.

Unlimited hogs.
Posted By: nahma_mich Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
Don't know what your budget is but you may want to check out this place PA-KO plantation

Hogs have become plentiful over the past dozen years. In fact, many would argue that they have become a management nightmare. Biologist estimate there are 60 hogs per square mile in our area and these numbers continue to increase.

Hunting is our primary way of managing the hog population. We hunt hogs year round, however, the best months for successful hunting are mid-February through April.

Hog hunts are conducted from shooting house over baited sites. Early morning and late afternoon hunts are the most productive times to sight hogs during daylight. The average shot being 100 yards.

If you are looking to "fill your freezer" or "smell gun powder", this is the hunt for you. The affordability of this hunt makes it a great hunt for kids and first time hunters.

Night Hog Hunting

Hog hunting at night is very productive. Especially later is the year when warmer temperatures and increased hunting pressure compels hogs to move after dark.

Night hunting is done from shooting houses over lighted bait sites or by using thermal optics.

Thermal optics allow hunters to hunt anywhere on our property after dark. Hunters are encouraged to bring their night vision equipment. A few thermal scopes are available for rent for these hunts.

Our Hog Hunting season:

February 15 - April 30

2 Day Hunt: $1,200/hunter

Friday Afternoon - Sunday Morning

3 Day Hunt: $1,800/hunter

Thursday Afternoon - Sunday Morning

Night Hunt: Additional $200/hunter

Thermal Scope Rental: $200/day

No limit on hogs

Hogs cleaned at no extra charge

All hunts include meals, beverages, and first class lodging

Combine a half day quail hunt with your hog hunt for $500/huntwant to check out this place: PA-KO Plantation.
Posted By: shootem Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/18/23
laffin’ Don’t really sound like those piggys are a problem does it.
Posted By: blanket Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by WildHare
I'd recommend you find one that likes to kill the hogs with guns instead of knives. Wrastlin 'em down and stickin 'em on the ground might be a little tougher for the older folks! But then if you're just shooting the hogs, what fun is that?
Killed a bunch sticking over the years,j
Posted By: blanket Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/19/23
Think I'll try Missouri
Posted By: hanco Re: Hog hunting in Alabama - 01/19/23
Are the prices above the going rate?
© 24hourcampfire