Home
Posted By: stxhunter theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
chit storm ... just took the first dose of magnesium citrate. Sitting here in a hotel in Mcallen, getting the butt scope in the morning .
Posted By: Partsman Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
May things pass quickly. grin
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
My advice: Make sure your phone is charged. You ain't gonna get far from the chitter. grin
Posted By: slumlord Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Prays sint
Posted By: Dave_Spn Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Looks like the highway will be wide open in McAllen tomorrow.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Count down in 3 2 1 Going to be a Chitty night big boy.............
Posted By: JeffA Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
It mixes well with vodka.

If you find yourself enjoying your colonoscopy too much, file a report on the current active 'gay' thread, they are seeking understanding.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
You did mix vodka in that medicinal elixir, right??
Posted By: jackmountain Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Your not seeing Dr. Paul Barnard I hope?
Posted By: stxhunter Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
hope so, it was a mess earlier.
Posted By: Morewood Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Posted By: ribka Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

good one
Posted By: wabigoon Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I've done it a few times Roger, nice to have your troubles behind you.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Hotel
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
hope so, it was a mess earlier.

Here's hoping it's one way.
Posted By: Steve Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
My first time I found a nickle that I swallowed when I was 4.
Posted By: rong Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Be extra careful when you sneeze, oohh boy

Best of luck
Posted By: 673 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
A rented shytter is a good thing.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Since you'll be up all night anyway, it's your turn ta babysit judman.
LOl, I'm in McAllen because This was the closest Dr that's in MD Anderson's program that I'm getting this done through for free.
Smooth move, ex lax
Posted By: JTrapper73 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I just did that right before Christmas. It was a first for me.
I made sure to have some of the most expensive, softest toilet paper I could buy. Not the 600 grit my wife usually buys.
Had some baby wipes too.
It seemed to make the whole experience a little less traumatic, lol.
Good luck sir!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I would say I feel for you but I get one next week.
Posted By: tater74 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
BTDT.

It will be over soon
Posted By: rainshot Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Hope it all comes out well.
Posted By: PineTop Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Sounds like a chitty deal, to me.

Good luck , Sir.
Posted By: 160user Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I have never had one and don't plan on it. There are things worse than dying and having someone stick something up my exhaust pipe is one of them and I sure as HELL am not going to PAY someone to violate me. Best of luck with your "procedure".
Posted By: BFaucett Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

Posted By: saddlering Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Best of luck Roger, I'm due for another one been 10 years.
Posted By: tzone Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by 160user
I have never had one and don't plan on it. There are things worse than dying and having someone stick something up my exhaust pipe is one of them and I sure as HELL am not going to PAY someone to violate me. Best of luck with your "procedure".

How do you know if you don’t get one.
Posted By: smokepole Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
LOL, best definition of chit storm I've ever seen.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Don’t forget the. chocolates and roses for your Doctor!
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

It's so you don't die of ass cancer, which would be undoubtedly worse than a simple butt scope.
LOl, I'm in McAllen because This was the closest Dr that's in MD Anderson's program that I'm getting this done through for free.

#grindr
Posted By: ribka Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

you go girl!
Posted By: NVhntr Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I've had four and they found polyps each time.
Not doing this is dumb. I had a co-worker fishing buddy die of colon cancer and it wasn't pretty.
Posted By: BigPine Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I scheduled my first and only one for 6:30 in the morning , also requested to be put under for procedure. Left work at noon the day before and picked up crap you have to drink and a 12 pack of Bud. Clear liquids you know. Pounded prescription and beer down and was cleared out pretty good in a couple of hours. Big buzz and off to bed early, up early and they put me right out. Wasn’t as bad as I feared. I don’t need another for 8 years
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I've had four and they found polyps each time.
Not doing this is dumb. I had a co-worker fishing buddy die of colon cancer and it wasn't pretty.
Had two two uncles die of it. The fecal test I took was positive for blood, so I defiantly want to do this.
Posted By: szihn Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
You may want to install a seat belt on the toilet, or it's "Huston we have lift-off"
Posted By: blanket Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Did you chase 8 ducalax? That was my last one.
Hasn't been bad, have only had to go twice so far.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
I just did that right before Christmas. It was a first for me.
I made sure to have some of the most expensive, softest toilet paper I could buy. Not the 600 grit my wife usually buys.
Had some baby wipes too.
It seemed to make the whole experience a little less traumatic, lol.
Good luck sir!

Two words…..Baby Wipes, as mentioned above 😁
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

It's so you don't die of ass cancer, which would be undoubtedly worse than a simple butt scope.

So what should I die from? I mean seriously, no one gets out alive.
Going to go eat at Pappadeaux's for lunch tomorrow.
Posted By: Westman Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

I gotta say...thats one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Dying of rectal or colon cancer is a chit ton worse than an occasional colonoscopy.

Heck, I think it's a great nap !
Posted By: High_Noon Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
magnesium citrate is the worst
Posted By: 12344mag Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Good luck in the am Roger.

Just think, tomorrow someone is going to get paid to rape you...........
Originally Posted by Westman

I gotta say...thats one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Dying of rectal or colon cancer is a chit ton worse than an occasional colonoscopy.

Please educate me on what you feel is the proper way for ME to die? I don't go to doctors or take pills. That is just the way I want it.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
chit storm ... just took the first dose of magnesium citrate. Sitting here in a hotel in Mcallen, getting the butt scope in the morning .
Flave could prolly save you a few bucks on that. LOL
Posted By: reivertom Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Put some baby ointment around the sphincter or it will be the ring of fire.
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
After your procedure tomorrow you will probably start experiencing the urge to purchase a 6.5 Need more or a .270 winchester.........
Posted By: scoony Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I start the prep tomorrow night for a Friday morning date with the doc. Third time for me since I have a family history of colon cancer.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

Don't forget a supply of towels to sit on for the
trip there and back and a big box of wipeys and
some hand sanitizer and clean clothes.
Once that stuff takes hold and starts working,
there's no human that ever lived that can shut
the gate.
Good Luck
Posted By: dale06 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

Good college buddy of mine had the same attitude as you. He survived but has been shiiting in a bag for 20 plus years. That would be swell.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by wyoming260
After your procedure tomorrow you will probably start experiencing the urge to purchase a 6.5 Need more or a .270 winchester.........

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by dale06

Good college buddy of mine had the same attitude as you. He survived but has been shiiting in a bag for 20 plus years. That would be swell.

Well, I guess you better watch the obituaries and plan on coming to an epic estate sale then.
Posted By: ldholton Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
been there a few times. the prep is far worse than the procedure. just get through it think nothing of it it could save your life it has mine three times
Posted By: smarquez Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
It's been 5 hours since your post, I'm assuming you're just about turned inside out and your turd tunnel now shines like a new penny.
Originally Posted by smarquez
It's been 5 hours since your post, I'm assuming you're just about turned inside out and your turd tunnel now shines like a new penny.
hasn't been that bad.
Posted By: lynntelk Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Billy OConnolly

Billy OConnolly
Posted By: RAS Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I remember the first time I had to do that. Prior to, I didn’t believe medication could do that to a human body, but it does.
Posted By: 16penny Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Magnesium citrate This product is used to clean stool from the intestines before surgery or certain bowel procedures (such as colonoscopy, radiography), usually with other products. It may also be used for relief of constipation. However, milder products (such as stool softeners, bulk-forming laxatives) should be used whenever possible for constipation.Magnesium citrate is a saline laxative that is thought to work by increasing fluid in the small intestine. It usually results in a bowel movement within 30 minutes to 3 hours.

It should say WARNING eminent flaming starfish jet spray diarrhea
Posted By: luv2safari Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
chit storm ... just took the first dose of magnesium citrate. Sitting here in a HOTEL in Mcallen, getting the butt scope in the morning .

What a dump!
Posted By: Steve Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
He'd better tip the maid well.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I go Monday for my 3rd scope. The good news is the "prep" is now pills vs the gallon of mixed up powder. I about ruined Gaiter Aid for myself 6 years ago. I remember just staring at the last glass full of that witches' brew and thinking "If I can't finish all of this it may not work" sick
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Some motivation for you.

Those mag citrate mixes should come with a seatbelt for the toilet! I couldn’t get more than 25 yards away without risking an accidental discharge! Cereal, by the time you read this you’ll realize it’s not a big deal at all.
headed over there in just a bit, prep wasn't bad, got some sleep.
Hope you called the front desk to get extra TP sent up before the chit storm begins. Won’t be any time between events to resupply. Hope everything shows you’re good tomorrow.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Hope you have a good "outcome", Roger! laugh
Seriously, best wishes and good luck!
Posted By: viking Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I had a colonoscopy done a few months ago. I didn’t get to far from the head even while waiting in the room.

They said see ya in ten years.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Worst part is the turbo lax prep.
1st time I was still awake as they rolled me in the room.
Seeing that big Ole hose marked in centimeters 30 40 50 centimeters they was gonna shove up my azz..

WTF....
Last thing I heard was some cat announcing 30 cc of blah blah going in the IV port.

Woke up in recovery.
They cold snared 3 pylops or however it is spelled.
Gave me a report with color pictures of the inside of my azz like a week later.
That was pretty special 🥴🥴🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣

Put me on the 5 yr plan

2nd one was last spring
1 pylop thing cold snared.
Only on this one I woke up towards the end.
I'm like outta the blue woke the fugg up.

Said "Hey why am I awake" turning my head to the side seeing the doc pulling basically about 8 inches of hose outta my azz.

"Awwww man I don't need this memory"

Heard a couple of chuckles...
Went back into lala land and woke up in recovery.
Told Khaneralla about waking up.
She was LOLing about that.

Best thing about it is chowing down afterwards going home.

Had 2 friends in Maine die of Colon Cancer in their late 40,s early 50,s.

Simple procedure.
0 memory unless you wake up.

Some on here have posted about getting it done wide awake.

Strange........

Posted By: kwg020 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
At my last one I wasn't quite asleep and told the nurse that I could feel the hose. She looked at me and asked "can you feel that"? I said "yes". That was the last conversation we had until I woke up. I'm guessing they increased the laughing gas on me. It is a great nap. Once you wake up it's like you have all the energy in the world.

kwg
Posted By: 673 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
What would happen if you drank the elixir 2-3hrs before the scope, maybe a good idea for a gag?
Posted By: Westman Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Originally Posted by Westman

Please educate me on what you feel is the proper way for ME to die? I don't go to doctors or take pills. That is just the way I want it.

Suits me. Die your way. I'm good with that.
Feel great, I need some more of that stuff they used to put me to sleep.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Originally Posted by wyoming260

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Already have of each, haven't hunted with the 6.5 yet, but have killed deer and nilgia with the 270.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

True, but wouldn't you rather depart this world later rather than sooner? I don't know how old you are, but colorectal cancer can occur at relatively young ages. Perhaps your family would like for you to stay around a bit longer. What you are doing is like driving a vehicle and never changing or checking the oil in the engine.

I've had three or four done, polyps found each time. It is not a big deal, you won't know a thing. There are plenty of other ways to die and it probably won't be pretty any way or any time it comes. Might as well postpone it as long as possible. There's a lot of living to be done yet.

On the other hand, if you are a Democrat then by all means do not get the procedure done.
Doctor said everything perfectly normal.
I guess all those yrs of drinking beer did some good.
Posted By: Raeford Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I'll have #4 done this summer prior to turning 60.

It really ain't that bad.
Proposal is good stuff.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Ive had 3.....the first was done by my GP in his office, and was awake for the procedure as he was not certified to use total sedation........

Got a new GP after that.....and the last 2 colonoscopies were count to 5, fade to black.....
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Glad all went well Roger! Enjoy your lunch, you definitely earned it.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
headed over there in just a bit, prep wasn't bad, got some sleep.

Good luck Rog !

Late to the "party", but here's some advice for others, moving forward.

Yes, baby wipes are nice, but I found, after the 2-3 explosion, my ring was raw.

It's actually great, if you can can get up off dunny & take 2 steps into a warm running shower & deal with things that way !
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I think cancer is a scam and a cash cow for the medical industry. There's no way in he'll that chemo and radiation cures cancer in some folks and doesn't work on others. Stuff doesn't work that way, vaccines have proven that over and over. If you really have cancer and not a false positive test or a miss diagnosis you're going to die. I do believe radiation and chemo puts cancer and remission but never cures it. People will lie to your face for a he'll of a lot less than what it cost to treat cancer.
Posted By: victoro Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Where's the blood in you're poop coming from? Ulcer or hemorrhoids maybe?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23

Love Pappadeaux's. Wish we had one here.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
First you need to hit a scale and then start a Campfire weight loss thread.
That’s what I do so I know how full of schidt I was. grin
Posted By: tater74 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
I'm glad everything went ok.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
Let’r rip!
Originally Posted by victoro
Where's the blood in you're poop coming from? Ulcer or hemorrhoids maybe?
probably hemorrhoids, I've had them in the past, but never really bad.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
First you need to hit a scale and then start a Campfire weight loss thread.
That’s what I do so I know how full of schidt I was. grin
I've lost 35 lbs since Oct. did gain 7 back over the holidays but have almost lost that.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Love Pappadeaux's. Wish we had one here.
we need one here in Corpus.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/19/23
My doctor doesn't use Citrate of magnesia, what I call liquid thunder. When I took that in the past I did so sitting on the can, it worked that fast. Once the prep is done they give a shot of Versed the twilight drug, in the procedure room once they start they start the IV I'm out before I know it. The knock out shot is so good that I don't remember the doc coming in to give the report although my wife tells me that I appeared to be awake. The procedure now isn't like in the old days, though the fear persists.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: theres fixing to be a - 01/20/23
At least your guts are ok

After going through all the BS with my kidneys,
I don't think they can do anything medically
to embarrass me anymore.
That's genuine A1 certified pain
© 24hourcampfire