Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Strange. There have been 4 incidents of goat rustling here in the last month. Each time, an average of 15 goats has been stolen. They haven't gone through the local livestock auctions so they're likely being transported out of the area. Current auction prices are $2.50 to $3/lb.
I'm curious how they're catching and loading them. If a goat doesn't want to be caught, it's like dipping water with a strainer.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Wouldn’t surprise me if they are birria by now.

At night, hood them, truss them and toss them.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
These little livestock "Lifestyle" folks?

Shake a feed bucket.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
I don't know how they catch them up, but yes, they are simmering in chili gravy. Cultural Diversity is our strength.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Muslim sex trafficking ring
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
I've heard there have been problems with pheasant rustling too.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
The next sheep and goat sale in Billings is the 13th of February.
Posted By: Lslite Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
They go for top dollar around Houston or anywhere with a large muslim population.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I don't know how they catch them up, but yes, they are simmering in chili gravy. Cultural Diversity is our strength.

Mmmm.

Sheep or goat with red chili, fried potatoes and some fried eggs. 👍
Posted By: tater74 Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Look at your local yogurt plant employees. They are all Muslim.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
I had heard about and tasted some barbecued young goat, so I had to try it myself. On the bulletin board at the gas station here is a note, something on the order of 'doe kid for sale, 20 bucks or best offer'. I had wood racks on the back of the pickup, I went, saw, and bought the goat, tried to load it, before I could get it tied short, the goat climbed over the racks and started nibbling on weeds. The hippie chick, says, save yourself some trouble, just put her in the front seat, she'll ride calmly. Hmm, but I did, the goat behaved perfectly, seemed to enjoy the ride. I had errands while I was near town, the goat rode around with me for a half hour or so...I'm liking the goat by this time, and...thinking, my kids are going to raise hell if I take this thing home and shoot it. My desire for barbecued goat waned rapidly, and so I pulled in at some ranches on the way home, hit the jackpot at stop number three...the people had an aspiring young lady roper, they gladly took the free goat which lived another dozen years. Hard to maintain my image around here of a manly man, commuting death sentences on goats.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
They’re probably using dogs to herd them into a trailer
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Prolly Messicans
Posted By: poboy Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Cabrito
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by Lslite
They go for top dollar around Houston or anywhere with a large muslim population.

Pretty much all 3rd world countries.

Africa as a continent and Mexico rely heavily on goats.

The more wetbacks spread across the US, the more goat theft you'll see.

The singer, Johnny Rodriguez was arrested for stealing goats.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I had heard about and tasted some barbecued young goat, so I had to try it myself. On the bulletin board at the gas station here is a note, something on the order of 'doe kid for sale, 20 bucks or best offer'. I had wood racks on the back of the pickup, I went, saw, and bought the goat, tried to load it, before I could get it tied short, the goat climbed over the racks and started nibbling on weeds. The hippie chick, says, save yourself some trouble, just put her in the front seat, she'll ride calmly. Hmm, but I did, the goat behaved perfectly, seemed to enjoy the ride. I had errands while I was near town, the goat rode around with me for a half hour or so...I'm liking the goat by this time, and...thinking, my kids are going to raise hell if I take this thing home and shoot it. My desire for barbecued goat waned rapidly, and so I pulled in at some ranches on the way home, hit the jackpot at stop number three...the people had an aspiring young lady roper, they gladly took the free goat which lived another dozen years. Hard to maintain my image around here of a manly man, commuting death sentences on goats.
That ain't so bad. I think Trump pardoned some turkeys.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Lots of people sang about "Goat Rustlers in the Sky".
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
I have raised goats, sheep, and pigs.

I could never herd any of them, but I could attract them with food.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Fainting goats? Should be easy.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Fainting goats? Should be easy.

laugh

Yep. Easy for coyotes too. wink
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Daughter has a pen full of those worthless little fainting goats.

They are good for one thing. Sacrificing to the coyotes while the real meat and dairy goats run away home.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Goat rustling - 01/24/23
Originally Posted by MPat70
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Shouldn't those weapons be pointing backwards?
© 24hourcampfire