Home
Posted By: Rock Chuck Winter is over in so. Idaho - 02/03/23
There was plenty of sunshine today but the rock chuck stuck an extended middle claw up out of his burrow and said screw this. It's too damn cold to come out. He'll come out for a look when he dang well feels like it.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There was plenty of sunshine today but the rock chuck stuck an extended middle claw up out of his burrow and said screw this. It's too damn cold to come out. He'll come out for a look when he dang well feels like it.

south of you 4-5 hrs.....still winter here.....usual 12* this morning

Started out sunny.......heavy clouds rolled in......when the sun goes away in February its C O L D

'Nother storm coming in Sunday-Monday

Get ready to stack more snow

Jeez.......200% statewide....maybe Lake Powell can keep making power in July

Our reservoir will never hold all our runoff

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I think we've had only 3 days exceed 32° here since mid-October. Supposed to make it to 39 today. Burning a bit more wood to keep Cookie warm.

Snowpack is slightly better than average.

Sadly, I think I saw a headline somewhere noting that the national authoritative ground hog in Pa. had passed.

Edited: I was wrong. It was Quebec's prognosticator. Sorry.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Winter is over in so. Idaho - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by 1minute
I think we've had only 3 days exceed 32° here since mid-October. Supposed to make it to 39 today. Burning a bit more wood to keep Cookie warm.

Snowpack is slightly better than average.

Sadly, I think I saw a headline somewhere noting that the national authoritative ground hog in Pa. had passed.

Edited: I was wrong. It was Quebec's prognosticator. Sorry.

Right?

Haven’t seen above freezing temperatures since early November and this morning was -1. If that’s not winter I’m heading south for summer!
We're in a veritable heat wave here. Snow on the lawn is just about all gone. I think it may have hit 50F yesterday, coupla warm storms. Just barely hit freezing this morning. 40 something today with wind chills around freezing during the day though.

It's that time of year, storms come in, we warm up some, clear skies and cold return. Was -3F the other morning.

These 40-50 degree days drive me nuts as I'm already itching to get the garden going. Then there's the snow coming this weekend!
another foot of global warming.

best warm days always followed by storm dujour...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Winter is over in so. Idaho - 02/04/23
Saw a whistle pig yesterday, first one this year.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Winter is over in so. Idaho - 02/04/23
New Hampshire has entered the game

https://www.fox19.com/2023/02/04/watch-mount-washington-sees-coldest-wind-chill-temp-ever-measured/
Posted By: Dutch Re: Winter is over in so. Idaho - 02/04/23
Hey, it’s really warming up! It’s 1 degree this morning, but at least we HAVE a temperature!

#betterthingstocome
It was a mild January here. Rained less than 4 inches, only 8 days where lows dropped below 32*. No snow.
It's a f'ing chit show here. Day 4 without power. I'm close to mastering off grid generator life.
Going through a little warm up. 34 degrees and a little drizzle. Still got a foot of snow on the ground here at the house. I have seen this before, so Ill wait and see.
© 24hourcampfire