Home
Posted By: mark shubert Please pray - 02/04/23
that I don't catch the sorry SOB who's been setting fires in pastures at Wagon Mound!
We lost 475 point something acres of grass yesterday (according to State Forestry) - to a depraved bastid.
Please Lord, let the authorities catch this sicko - and not me!

Neighbor to the east lost 60 acres, burned across one of our pastures, and got ~90 acres on the neighbor to the west.
At this point, I believe somebody needs to be removed from society.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
DO IT!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
I don;t know what to say Mark.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Arson should be punishable by death.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Arson should be punishable by death.

It is. It should also be legally punishable…..summarily.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Im praying the winds stay down .
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
As much as it’s costing to feed cattle…..get a rope
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Thinking this went on last year, also.
We had several unexplained fires in the area - starting while they were still fighting the BIG one, here west of Las Vegas.
They even diverted some choppers to put out one a couple of miles from the ranch house.
On one fire, a few miles away, a white Chevy or GMC pickup was spotted - but evaded the pursuit.
A poor clue if there ever was one. All we can do is try to keep a close watch.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
If you catch ‘em bury em deep.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by rainshot
If you catch ‘em bury em deep.

Post hole augers are quick and easy…..
Posted By: Mr_TooDogs Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Bury them to just above shoulders and leave them be there. They can think about it for awhile.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
SSS
Posted By: LouisB Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Reckon it is someone has something against you or you in-laws.

Almost has to be a "local boy"

Hope he is caught!

Good as whipping with a rope would be better than any BS the "law" could lay on "him"

Years ago (70s) they caught a guy doing that sort of thing coming west from Clayton as I remember it.

Much as we all post on stories like this, there is NOTHING that can be done to the person that even comes close to making those that were harmed "whole again".
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
There are some sick folks out there.

Hope they catch the bastard.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
Not just me and in-laws. Just seems to be focused in our area - for the moment.
We're out on roads to nowhere - dead ends. Very limited traffic,
Posted By: Border Doc Re: Please pray - 02/04/23
That's bad news.
I am praying he is caught by the authorities and put into protective custody for a while, rather than the "natural consequences" you may have planned for him.
You and your neighbors are good folks, and this needs visible legal punishment without incriminating the victims of his crimes.

However, I am prepared to visit that area for shooting unwanted hooded rats. Let me know when.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Please pray - 02/07/23
Here we went again - another fire set on a neighbors - clipped a corner of us - went across another small place - then into a different neighbors pasture! Range fire to start, then it went into the brush country. Guessing ~ 4000 acres, in all. Will know in a couple of days.
All three places border us - fence neighbors.

I called it in ~ 10:00 AM - just got home - 8:PM our time - I'm beat!
"The Warden" managed to stick with me the whole time - I'm impressed!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Please pray - 02/07/23
Mark - I'm sorry that you have to deal with this rottenness - and the degraded aftermath. Ranching out there is tough enough already without that nasty stuff - and senseless.

Good to know that Joy is with you and helping keep a steady hand. I probably too would be beside myself with upset, but stay cool and safe.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Please pray - 02/07/23
Certainly and done. I also am sorry to hear this. Hope they catch the depraved bastid and throw the book at him.

Hope it's not local kids.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Please pray - 02/07/23
Originally Posted by CCCC
Mark - I'm sorry that you have to deal with this rottenness - and the degraded aftermath. Ranching out there is tough enough already without that nasty stuff - and senseless.

Good to know that Joy is with you and helping keep a steady hand. I probably too would be beside myself with upset, but stay cool and safe.

Paul, you could say she was with me - quite literally!
Even after all her medical troubles, she spent a good part of the day physically helping me put the darned thing out!
She's a little tired this morning. smile

I don't have any idea how many Fire Departments, and neighbors, responded - but we had numerous personnel, brush trucks, tenders, tankers, and 2 blades working.
© 24hourcampfire