Originally Posted by LBP
Tito’s

Never had it. Have you tried absolute?
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
In college we drank a lot of Five O Clock
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Absolut tastes like rubbing alcohol
Posted By: slumlord Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I drink to get hammered not to swish or talk about the latest advancements in ceiling fan technology.

I’ll drink popov out in the barn with kerosene fumes blowing in my face changing brake calipers. Fouck it

🤣💀
Posted By: slumlord Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Ewww, mmmm

That reminds me…the barn

I need to stash that bottle 6 barrel Belizean rum I left out before the pastor stops by to pray with me. Don’t want to damage my testimony
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

ha ha.. It mixes well with orange juice though. I think slumlord is on to something
Posted By: gunzo Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I still have a lot of testing to do, but so far my fave is Chopin potato. Waiting to get to the city & find Luksusowa. A high rated potato vodka that's half the price of Chopin.

But I be slummin most of the time & having Seagram's 80. Rated high in its price range. Which ain't much.

I got on the Tito's kick for awhile...fad & all, & had it hurt me next day. Rarely ever have had a hangover with vodka, which tells me all the talk about Tito's filtering & multiple distillings, & all was BS. I've not had it since. Stoli still hard to beat in this price range
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Ketel One for me

Yep, but I rarely drink vodka. Mom likes Kettle One and Tito's. Titos was better before they sold the company. Mom drinks vodka in order to deal with Dad - he exhausts her (and me when I'm in town). Constant hollering, abuse, and criticism. Wasn't here 2 hours before the hollering started.

I just got to town this e'benin and he called me from his bedroom - asked me to get up at 7:00 or 7:30 and help him with his "list," 90% of which is ridiculous and a waste of time. I said "No" and he hung up one me.

His list has been 2 pages long for at least a decade. Now it's 3 pages on a college-ruled pad. No matter how many of his items I complete, the list never gets any shorter.

After my 9 hr. drive, he won't even give me time to settle in or unload the car. With him, everything's supremely important and must be done RIGHT NOW.
Posted By: natman Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Mixing Vodka: Svedka - like all good mixing liquor, it's good enough that you can't tell the difference between it and the premium stuff when mixed.
Straight Vodka: Ocean. Very smooth, very clean flavor, just a hint of sweetness, makes a nice gimlet.
Posted By: LBP Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LBP
Tito’s

Yes Sir I have. Like Slum said Tito’s is a brand out of Portland East (Austin), but with that disclaimer it is good stuff.
Posted By: haverluk Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Tahoe Blue is better than Tito's IMO but I prefer Luksusowa by a wide margin.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Kettle One and Tito's are both garbage, might as well drink Svedka for half the price... REYKA is economical and Belvedere for the Fancypantz. Stolichnaya is a favorite for certain parties...

[Linked Image from thespruceeats.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Tito’s
Posted By: ar15a292f Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Chopin potato vodka.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Titos or smirnoff
Posted By: DouginAlaska Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I don't drink vodka, bourbon is my deal if I'm drinking the hard stuff, which I only do on Christmas and New Years. Wife likes a little vodka once in a while.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I don't have sophisticated enough taste to have a preference, especially mixing it with orange juice. If asked for a brand, I usually default to Grey Goose.

but I won't drink Absolut because of how I feel the next day. I've done it enough to know there is a difference.
Posted By: WAM Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Never touch that stuff. Might as well drink Coleman Fuel. Good whisky for me.
Posted By: rong Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Umm,, the clear one.
Posted By: old70 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I’ve settled on Luksusowa, good, smooth, and no issues the next day. Will drink Grey Goose, but it’s more than twice the price. Tito’s sucks, I don’t even have to wait for the hangover.

Old70
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I'm a Bourbon man myself. Have not had vodka in probably 40 years
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Laura and I made vanilla over Christmas...

Steeped the beans in:

1) Titos

2) Sailor Jerry's

3) Local Peach moonshine

4) Evan Williams White label.

I'll get back to y'all in a few months
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I haven't drank vodka since I was a teenager or my Army days. Only drank it when it was the only thing around that had alcohol in it. These days I prefer bourbon or rye.
Posted By: DavePrice Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Kirkland's
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Hammer and Sickle is great but you can’t get it now because Russia Russia Russia
Posted By: persiandog Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
absolutely
Posted By: cooperfan Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Ketel One for me

Yep, but I rarely drink vodka. Mom likes Kettle One and Tito's. Titos was better before they sold the company. Mom drinks vodka in order to deal with Dad - he exhausts her (and me when I'm in town). Constant hollering, abuse, and criticism. Wasn't here 2 hours before the hollering started.

I just got to town this e'benin and he called me from his bedroom - asked me to get up at 7:00 or 7:30 and help him with his "list," 90% of which is ridiculous and a waste of time. I said "No" and he hung up one me.

His list has been 2 pages long for at least a decade. Now it's 3 pages on a college-ruled pad. No matter how many of his items I complete, the list never gets any shorter.

After my 9 hr. drive, he won't even give me time to settle in or unload the car. With him, everything's supremely important and must be done RIGHT NOW.

You Texans are miserable people.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Well vodka.
Posted By: ewc Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Have to agree about the Svedka. And for $18 it can’t be beat.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
One made locally called Beatties. Smooth potato vodka. Buddy saw it for sale in Vegas recently, so it gets exported.

Before the Russian sanctions, Beluga was the best, but a 50% higher price point.
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Luksusowa Potato vodka
No votes for Stoli?

I s'pose the cool kids gave up on it back in the 80's...

FC
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
#1 Grey Goose
#2 NEFT
Posted By: Crappie_Killer Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Tito’s and Stoli is what I currently have on hand.
Posted By: fester Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Takka. It’s cheap to.
Posted By: Verylargeboots Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Tito's or Luksusowa for vodka here.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Ketel One for me

Kirkland American

Best bargain stuff
Posted By: persiandog Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Zima for californian.
Posted By: EdM Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Popov.
Posted By: Oldbuff Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Nowadays, I favor blended vodka.
Posted By: AU338MAG Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by LBP
Tito’s

Yes.

Give me Tito's
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Been buying Oregon Springs vodka to mix in my Bloody Mary's.

Inexpensive but no bad after taste like a lot of cheaper vodkas.

Virgil B.
Posted By: Rock63 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Not sure I’ve ever tasted any that stood out as better than the rest. Grey Goose and Tito’s seem similar to me with neither being considered for anything but mixing. I guess it is a taste I’ve never acquired.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Ethanol is ethanol. It's not like vodka is aged or anything.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Tito's is just watered-down pure grain alcohol. You can get the same thing for less by buying a bottle of Everclear and watering it down.
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
MacAllans 18 year. What is vodka?
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Stoli. I don't get the hype over Tito's, it tastes like varnish. For a mixed drink it doesn't matter, Smirnoff is more than adequate.
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
1 Top Shelf - Jewel of Russia

1 Bottom Shelf- Gordons

Like 'em both
Posted By: skinnyjimmy Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Another vote for Ketel One
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
The best beer I’ve ever had, perhaps, is a bit better the second best. The same for wine, brandy, bourbon, scotch, port, etc. …

The only exception is vodka. BY A HUGE MARGIN, Boyd & Blair is, far and away, easily the best vodka that ever has touched my pallet. It’s sooooo rich and smooth, but has such an awesome significant flavor that you’d be crazy to add anything to it, including even a molecule of Vermouth in a martini.

Pennsylvania potato vodka.

If it was easier for me to get where I am, I’d probably be dead from overconsuming it.

I told my did this about a year ago, and he didn't react--as though I must have been exaggerating.

Then, when he had his first sip in my presence, he was blown away!
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Stoli.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
I drink Svedka, I try not to get carried away over more expensive brands, after all they're just 40% grain alcohol mixed with water.
Posted By: mathman Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
MacAllans 18 year. What is vodka?

It's "The Macallan" and it isn't what it used to be. They're selling the label these days.
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Zubrowka for flavor. Usually buy Chopin for vespers for combo of price and availability, but Beluga is better

I don’t drink much vodka though
Posted By: Dre Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Costco gray goose, kettle one, Tito’s all top notch.
But if you mix, like a vodka cran then might not taste the difference. Or necessary to get top shelf.

Honestly when we throw a party, we get sky. Best bang for the buck. At Costco It’s under 20$ here for the half gallon.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23

I think all vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol. Just not something I enjoy
Posted By: shootem Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Don’t imbibe much liquor anymore but this is a very interesting version of vodka, aka unaged ETO.

Covington
Posted By: Teeder Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Another Tito's fan here.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Laura and I made vanilla over Christmas...

Steeped the beans in:

1) Titos

2) Sailor Jerry's

3) Local Peach moonshine

4) Evan Williams White label.

I'll get back to y'all in a few months
Made vanilla also, sitting in Ketel one, Have used it before, great stuff
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
One made locally called Beatties. Smooth potato vodka. Buddy saw it for sale in Vegas recently, so it gets exported.

Before the Russian sanctions, Beluga was the best, but a 50% higher price point.

Hammer and Sickle and Beluga are great. When my stash is gone, I’ll try the Ketel or something. Tito’s is made in Texas which makes me want to like it but it isn’t as good IMO not even close unless it’s drowned with mixer.

If you have some Beluga left or H&S. Run that stuff 60-70% with lemonade or half a lemon on ice. Pretty damn good after mowing the yard or something but moderate or it will slap you upside the head because it goes down so easy
Posted By: Dave_Spn Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Ketel One for me

Same
Posted By: Kilroy1107 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Grey Goose Vodka
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/04/23
Posted By: gunzo Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
So many words about Costco's Kirkland imported vodka being Grey Goose. A for the money that's great.

But little about the Kirkland American Vodka? Is it known what actual brand it might be or who makes it? But my main question is does anybody know the grain base of this one. That's important IMO, as a Rye base for instance is a total different flavor from corn or wheat in the finished product.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Russian Standard. It was recommended to me by a Russian guy here, and he was right.
Posted By: Sauer200 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by rong
Umm,, the clear one.

Clearly a person of impeccable taste and discernment.
Posted By: richj Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Of the one's I've tried

Ketel One,
Tito,
Belvedere
Smirnoff
Stolichnaya
Absolut
Posted By: EdM Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Russian Standard. It was recommended to me by a Russian guy here, and he was right.

When I lived in Kazakhstan that was my go to.
Posted By: trplem Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Everclear mixed 1:1 with grape Kool-Aid is an old favorite. I'd make it with the sugar free stuff now. It keeps the ol' blood sugar from spiking.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Costco
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Ketel One for me

You Texans are miserable people.

GFY
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Whatever is cheapest I'm going to mix it anyway
Posted By: Epishemore Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Stumbras
Posted By: SRPI89 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
REYKA is pretty damn good. Took the place of Tito’s when Tito went ultra woke.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by SRPI89
REYKA is pretty damn good. Took the place of Tito’s when Tito went ultra woke.

I had some Reyka at a buddys house.

Impressed, decent vodka at a decent price.
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Favorite vodka? - 02/05/23
I like Stoli Elit when I’m just drinking it over ice. My cheap but tasty choice is Tower Vodka which is available locally. Buy it by the case.
© 24hourcampfire