Home
I have a 2021 Ford F150 with 23k miles. It came with highway tires. They are already mostly wore out. Factory tires suck! I got stuck in a corn field goose hunting the other day! So I'm thinking of trying the BF Goodrich All Terrain tires but was a little worried about all the highway driving I do every day. I put on 56 highway miles every work day. I work for a dealership and I'm very good at rotating my tires on every oil change. I just wanted to know what experiences you guys have had with these tires or if you had other recomendations. Thanks for any input!
I'm thinking of trying Goodyears, with the Kevlar cords, I don't know what treads are available.
Posted By: dh1 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
The BFG's are going to be excellent in everything but MPG compared to the factory tire. I'm considering tires and have no complaints on the BFGs going back to having them on an 87 Pathfinder. Didn't really care about mpg then. On a 2010 Chev 1500, saw a 3-4 mpg drop from factory tires. Currently looking for a Grand Cherokee, the BFGs are about 15 pounds heavier per tire, that's a lot to overcome.
Posted By: hanco Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I have used them for years, no complaints
Posted By: Kenneth Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I’ve driven on BFG At’s for many years, like 3 or 4 sets over 300,00 miles on two or 3 three different trucks,

Never had a single issue,

Just recently went with Coopers only to save 200 bucks on a truck that may not be around in the year,

Tires, their all black and they all go round and round, Never really noticed any huge differences in any of them, When properly applied.
Originally Posted by dh1
The BFG's are going to be excellent in everything but MPG compared to the factory tire. I'm considering tires and have no complaints on the BFGs going back to having them on an 87 Pathfinder. Didn't really care about mpg then. On a 2010 Chev 1500, saw a 3-4 mpg drop from factory tires. Currently looking for a Grand Cherokee, the BFGs are about 15 pounds heavier per tire, that's a lot to overcome.

I'm lucky on that. I'm a manager at a Ford Dealership and get free gas! Great perk!
Posted By: Chuck_R Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I've got BFG All terrain's now on my F150 "Eco-Boost" 6.5 bed with topper and get 18.2 around town and 19.5 highway.

These are the 2nd set on this truck and my previous two (F150 and F250) wore BFG ATs.
They will work but do not expect them to act like a true mud tire.

A good compromise tire for sure.

Never ran them myself but my buddy runs them as does his boy, they like them and get decent longevity considering the run a few miles of gravel every day.
Got 'em on both pickups, and have for awhile.

No noticeable difference in gas mileage since putting them on.

Good tires. I keep them rotated and they show lots of miles left in them after 3 years.
Posted By: MAC Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I always ran the All Terrains on my 4x4 trucks with good results. On my CJ5 I always ran the Radial Mud Terrains which were a great tire for driving through the slop.
I put Cooper Discover AT3 XLT on my Ford F250 Super Duty a couple of years ago and I have been very happy with them. They have fairly good road manners, are reasonably quite for an All-Terrain Tire and are extra good in deep snow, they have the Mountain Snowflake Rating. I will be buying them again when I need tires.

Now like your existing tires these may have also gotten you stuck in a muddy corn field as most any All-Terrain tire most likely would, especially Goodyear All-Terrains. Any All-Terrain will fill the tread with mud and the then become useless, only a Mud-Terrain tire will self clean by throwing mud.
Posted By: mbhunt Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I always ran bfg ats on my 2005 duramax and loved them. Got decent mileage out of them too. My 2019 ram diesel only got about 29k with the first set I put on it. Not really sure if it's the truck, the tires or the amount of trailer towing miles I did. Put on Firestone destination AT tires and they seem to be getting better wear than the bfgs .
Best compromise tire for the price.
Extremely hard to beat if you drive a true mix of road conditions and wear great.
BFG’s have been very good to me. They are the only tire I will buy for my 3/4 ton Silverado. They should outlast your f150.😉
The Mall Terrains are a good compromise tire if you don't have to deal with mud.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
They will work but do not expect them to act like a true mud tire.

A good compromise tire for sure.

Never ran them myself but my buddy runs them as does his boy, they like them and get decent longevity considering the run a few miles of gravel every day.

Might be because they are a all terrain tire not mud tire. Like Mac posted Radial mud terrains are available too.
Posted By: gluck Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
If you are really in CO, take a look at the Toyo Open Country AT3. Excellent winter all terrain tires.
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I have a 2021 Ford F150 with 23k miles. It came with highway tires. They are already mostly wore out. Factory tires suck! I got stuck in a corn field goose hunting the other day! So I'm thinking of trying the BF Goodrich All Terrain tires but was a little worried about all the highway driving I do every day. I put on 56 highway miles every work day. I work for a dealership and I'm very good at rotating my tires on every oil change. I just wanted to know what experiences you guys have had with these tires or if you had other recommendations. Thanks for any input!

I have run BF Goodrich All Terrain tires EXCLUSIVLY for more years than I can remember. I have "0" complaints with them. I average 80K miles on them. I do both off road AND hi-way. Personally, I wouldn't even consider anything else. Others, most likely, will have different opinions.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I had BFG All Terrains on my last truck. They worked well off road, in sand and in snow. They held up well. The only problem I had with them was they they made a lot of road noise. On my current truck (which is the same make and model as my last one) I am running a Michelin tire of the same type. They are not as agressive looking, but they are a whole lot quieter and they work every bit as well in mud, sand and snow.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
We run BFG/AT Tires on 5 off road vehicles with good results,and 2 Jeeps that do both hi-way and off road, they are a little noisy but not more than anything else we have used. we run 33s and 35s gas mileage stays around 17.5 to 18.5 mpg off road in deep sand mileage goes to hell fast. Rio7
Best Tires made.
I've never used them until they were installed on my company issued ¾ ton Chevy van. I've driven lots of Ford and Chevy vans over the last 25 years and up until using the BFG's, we usually put Cooper ice and snow tires on the rear of these 2WD vans and they helped a lot with getting around in the winter, but the BFG's are even better. We rarely get stuck in snow anymore so long as we use our heads.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
Damn, hate to be sour grapes, I have bought KO’s every sense they came out, the original ones were unbelievable, the new KO2 suck ass, 25 to 30 thousand they are out of round, Fords or Dodge worst tire there is for death wobble, I spend a fortune on tires, my dad’s two trucks and my three trucks and wife’s rubicon, I wish it wasn’t so but when they changed tire treads and rubber they ruined the best tire made for over forty years, no more for me.
Posted By: KC Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by hanco

+1
Originally Posted by Angus55
Damn, hate to be sour grapes, I have bought KO’s every sense they came out, the original ones were unbelievable, the new KO2 suck ass, 25 to 30 thousand they are out of round, Fords or Dodge worst tire there is for death wobble, I spend a fortune on tires, my dad’s two trucks and my three trucks and wife’s rubicon, I wish it wasn’t so but when they changed tire treads and rubber they ruined the best tire made for over forty years, no more for me.

try the KO3's
Posted By: Angus55 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I’ll check into it, didn’t know about 3’s
Posted By: LBP Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
I’m actually running MT’s but my son has AT’s and he really likes them
Posted By: AZmark Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/04/23
Originally Posted by hanco

Ditto this
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I put Cooper Discover AT3 XLT on my Ford F250 Super Duty a couple of years ago and I have been very happy with them. They have fairly good road manners, are reasonably quite for an All-Terrain Tire and are extra good in deep snow, they have the Mountain Snowflake Rating. I will be buying them again when I need tires.

Now like your existing tires these may have also gotten you stuck in a muddy corn field as most any All-Terrain tire most likely would, especially Goodyear All-Terrains. Any All-Terrain will fill the tread with mud and the then become useless, only a Mud-Terrain tire will self clean by throwing mud.
I am on my second set of these Coopers. Excellent for me. Even been in a few corn and bean fields. They actually did a little better in mud than I expected.

I think the set that's on a truck I just sold has about 30k on them, easily another 20k left, maybe more as the new owner drives nothing but asphalt.

About 10k on the GMC we redid and still look new.

Will replace these with same if available when I need new skids.
Nothing but BFG TKO 2’s M&S on my F250 7.3 4x4. I get 65,000 miles every set thus far with 5000 mile rotations. I am on my third set now. Very good off-road. The mud in South Texas is axle grease. Slip & slide but never stuck. I don’t venture too far from hard surfaces. It wasn’t meant to be a mud pit vehicle. But, I aint scared to use it since the BFG M&S tires do their job well.
Posted By: ndh19 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
2013 F150 4x4 I'm really happy with Hankook atm dynapros. I'm on my 2nd set and fully expect 50,000 mi. Stock Firestones only 34,000. First set of dynapros I got 54,000 in Wi. Not many straight highway miles but more all around with some rough off road. I'm happy
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by Angus55

try the KO3's

Thanks you guys! I'll check out the K03"s! I'm going to look into the Michelins too.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=ORAT
Posted By: Angus55 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
Michelin make BFG now, what manager told me at Discount tire.
I bought my F-150 4WD in 17. Told them to replace the idiot street tires with BFG’s. I got 82,000 out of them. Replaced em last year with the same.

Great traction. Hardly ever have to put it in 4wd. Quiet on the road. Love em.
Posted By: Mossy Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
I’m a Cooper guy. Currently AT3 XLT on my 2500 HD and STT Pro on my wife’s Wrangler . I’ve been happy with both models. My last set were the ST Maxx. More of a hybrid style. I liked them as well.

All the LT sized Cooper truck tires are made in America.
Posted By: JGray Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by Mossy
I’m a Cooper guy. Currently AT3 XLT on my 2500 HD and STT Pro on my wife’s Wrangler . I’ve been happy with both models. My last set were the ST Maxx. More of a hybrid style. I liked them as well.

All the LT sized Cooper truck tires are made in America.

I've run the BFG's and quite a few other A/T's and M/T's. I just put on a set of Cooper AT3 XLT's this hunting season and am very impressed. Easily the best snow/ice traction of any tire I've experienced and very quiet on the highway. I'll not look further when needing truck tires in the future...
I like Michelins, but they don't have the aggressive tread for real offroad driving.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I have a 2021 Ford F150 with 23k miles. It came with highway tires. They are already mostly wore out. Factory tires suck! I got stuck in a corn field goose hunting the other day! So I'm thinking of trying the BF Goodrich All Terrain tires but was a little worried about all the highway driving I do every day. I put on 56 highway miles every work day. I work for a dealership and I'm very good at rotating my tires on every oil change. I just wanted to know what experiences you guys have had with these tires or if you had other recomendations. Thanks for any input!

What is the basis for your worry about running ATs instead of highway tires? I have a longer commute than you do and I run Toyo Open Country MTs year around. You may well be fretting an imaginary problem.
BFG AT’s suck. If you put any miles on gravel or rocky roads, they shred chunks of tread.

You really have to look realistically at your vehicle and where you drive it. Most daily drivers that get off road occasionally, put 99% of their miles on pavement

If it’s a dedicated off-road vehicle, put something aggressive on. Mud Terrains or General Grabber X3’s

If it’s a 99% pavement vehicle, put an AT on. I like General Tire. Your money may be better spent on a winch if you don’t have one

X3

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

AT

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
^^^TRUMP APPROVED ^^^
Originally Posted by gluck
If you are really in CO, take a look at the Toyo Open Country AT3. Excellent winter all terrain tires.

These are the tires I have on my 2500 Dodge. I would buy them again. Or I would take a hard look at those BFG tires.
Posted By: 99guy Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
Goodyear Wrangler
I have had 3 sets. Good tires if kept balanced ad rotated.
Posted By: 673 Re: BF GoodRich All Terrain??? - 02/05/23
BFG k02 on both of my 1 ton duallys, out in the bush everyday, rocks, sticks, heavily loaded,, I think I have had 4 complete sets, never had a flat tire.
Bfg k02s worked great when ive used them. Great snow traction as well which is the most important part for me..currently running goodyear duratrac and while they perform great in the snow, ill never use them again. 20k miles and the damn things are almost worn out. I rotate them every oil change which is every 3 months.
Road force balancers were created for Goodyear. Whether you can last the life of shaking down the road or not is up to you. BFG is a great tire but for the price pass me a cooper at3 and take your ol lady out to dinner a few times.
© 24hourcampfire