Home
Anyone have any good ones? My sil fixed me up the other day with a small jar of 1-1 white lightning to honey. About a teaspoon at night does the trick almost instantly. Problem is to he man who made the white lightning has past away and we don't have any contacts for any more.
If another alcohol might work what would it be. Is it just the higher octane than is effective?
Any help appreciate. I've had a cough for a year and a half. CT scan is normal.
Warm or hot salt water gargle.

"an armed society is a polite society"

MAGA!
Maybe try some Everclear when the white lightning runs out.

https://drizly.com/liquor/grain-alcohol/everclear-190-proof/p8975
Plug up the drain in you shower with a washcloth. Turn on the shower with lots of hot water. Then breath the steam.
As a kid i remember my grandpaw mixing up soft peppermint sticks, bourbon, honey and i think lemon in a pint jar, it worked.
Whiskey, honey and lemon juice in a tablespoon, heat up over flame for few seconds, works
Diluted iodine gargle and nose swab.
Whiskey, honey, and lemon juice
Frangelico and Scotch. 50/50. Neat. Sip it and breath the vapors.
You in an ACE inhibitor for high BP?
Get a cough syrup that has guaifenesin in it. It’s a cough suppressant.
1 cup OJ
2-3 Tablespoons finely grated ginger
1-2 teaspoons honey
Good shake of cinnamon
1-2 shots of hooch, if desired

Heat in a saucepan, strain the ginger if you must, then sip it & feel the magic. Cleans chest & sinus, soothes throat, quiets cough.

Make a big batch, and put remainder in a thermos to keep on the nightstand. It can come in handy if you wake in the night.

FC
Eat a lot of raw onions
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Whiskey, honey, and lemon juice

And just enough water to dissolve it. Hot.
If it’s thick ass mucus try breo inhaler along with albuterol treatment
Used as directed should clear you up in a couple days .
May not be what you wanted to hear , but it works.
Kenneth
Originally Posted by ironbender

That’s the expectorant.

Deyextromethorphan is the cough suppressant I believe.

The codeine cough syrup is hands down the best. It holy Fück they hate to prescribe that now.
The codeine cough syrup is hands down the best. It holy Fück they hate to prescribe that now.

I had bilateral pulmonary emboli, blood clots, and effective cough suppressant was denied. Bout killed myself coughing and begged for codeine or hydrocodone. But i know it was best. Everybody looking out for my health. Can’t have sick patients getting addicted to cough syrup.

They’re saving us for the fentanyl.

Pretty sure
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

Actually yes I'm on 10mg of Lisinopril that I started back in early December. That could line up with when the cough got worse.
You might be onto something 🙂
I thank all of you men for all the great recipes.👍
Originally Posted by shootem

I had bilateral pulmonary emboli, blood clots, and effective cough suppressant was denied. Bout killed myself coughing and begged for codeine or hydrocodone. But i know it was best. Everybody looking out for my health. Can’t have sick patients getting addicted to cough syrup.

They’re saving us for the fentanyl.

Pretty sure

Yeah that codeine syrup is addictive and isn't prescribed very often.
Honey, just honey…..simple, good for you in many ways, and tastes good! memtb
Equal parts of Bacardi 151 proof rum, honey, and lemon juice. Coffee cup 2/3 full of boiling water, and top it off with the rum/honey/lemon juice mixture. Sip as hot as you can tolerate it. Even if it doesn't stop the cough, you just won't care!
Walking/atypical pneumonia. Mycoplasma. Phuuck home remi dies. Get a Z-pack.
benzonatate perscription
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I've been tested thoughly by my Primary Care doc. & My Military Doc. Chest x-rays and CT scan...nothing except one spot of scar tissue probably from smoking. Have never been able to get rid of it completely since bout with COVID. Then returned with a vengeance after breathing a supposedly a safe chemical (dcon-30) trying to kill some crawlspace mold about 6 months ago. I wore a respirator but with a beard and sweating those things leak sometimes.
Slow n low rock n rye short cans I prefer mountain water😉
Originally Posted by Jahrs

I've been tested thoughly by my Primary Care doc. & My Military Doc. Chest x-rays and CT scan...nothing except one spot of scar tissue probably from smoking. Have never been able to get rid of it completely since bout with COVID. Then returned with a vengeance after breathing a supposedly a safe chemical (dcon-30) trying to kill some crawlspace mold about 6 months ago. I wore a respirator but with a beard and sweating those things leak sometimes.

Ask for a azithromycin pack. It's harmless. It may fix your complaints.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by ironbender
That’s the expectorant.

Deyextromethorphan is the cough suppressant I believe.

You are correct, sir. The equate stuff I keep on hand for allergy season has both and I got them conflated. Tks!

Not the home recipe the OP was looking for, but it’s fast, effective for 12 hours.
I keep a bottle of peppermint schnapps in the freezer and just take a swig. Repeat prn.

Actually yes I'm on 10mg of Lisinopril that I started back in early December. That could line up with when the cough got worse.

This will do it. Talk to your MD about a different BP med. If you're a smoker, quit. Do whatever you need to do to get off BP meds altogether. Again, maybe not what you want to hear, but quality of life takes a certain amount of effort on your part...the older you get, the more work it takes.

Tell your doctor/cardiologist about the cough coinciding with going on lisinopril - it's a known side effect. Happened to me - they switched me to losartan, cough went away.
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
1 cup OJ
2-3 Tablespoons finely grated ginger
1-2 teaspoons honey
Good shake of cinnamon
1-2 shots of hooch, if desired

Heat in a saucepan, strain the ginger if you must, then sip it & feel the magic. Cleans chest & sinus, soothes throat, quiets cough.

Make a big batch, and put remainder in a thermos to keep on the nightstand. It can come in handy if you wake in the night.

FC

Trying it now with Bourbon. Working so far.
Originally Posted by cra1948

This will do it. Talk to your MD about a different BP med. If you're a smoker, quit. Do whatever you need to do to get off BP meds altogether. Again, maybe not what you want to hear, but quality of life takes a certain amount of effort on your part...the older you get, the more work it takes.

Yes sir... Quit in 2008 and going to the gym 5 days a week and dieting. Thanks for the good info!
Originally Posted by cowdoc
I keep a bottle of peppermint schnapps in the freezer and just take a swig. Repeat prn.

A favorite for the lift ride when skiing.
Go to Arizona for a month, lay in the sun.

MM
Helps just about anything.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by MikeL2

Tell your doctor/cardiologist about the cough coinciding with going on lisinopril - it's a known side effect. Happened to me - they switched me to losartan, cough went away.

May be ACE cough. If you take the meds in the am does it get bad late in the afternoon or early evening? Regardless, I’d try another formulation.

Covid has been known to give folks a lingering cough as well.
Take early morning... 10 minute episode mid morning, mid afternoon, another in the evening and then when I get in bed at night so about 4 times a day it hits.
Gin gargle,about a shot glass full will work.

Or try to find some Horehound hard candy.
Barenjaeger in a cup of tea.
Good for a sore throat too.

Z-packs have been grossly over prescribed and are not as effective on lung infections as they used to be as a result.

Lisinopril causes a dry cough. There are other similar medications that MD's can prescribe that will not make you cough. I wouldn't take Lisinopril.
Will for sure be calling doc Monday morning to see about switching BP medicine.
Will for sure be calling doc Monday morning to see about switching BP medicine.
Good idea - if it is from the lisinopril it will get worse over time.
Teaspoon of honey, another of lemon juice, a shot of brandy and a shot of water.

Heat this just as hot as you can stand it, and sip slowly.

I think anything around 80 proof will work as well as brandy.

This is an old family recipe that's been in use for close to 100 years.

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by MikeL2

Just a quick note... I've been on Losartan for several years. I haven't noticed any side effects; no persistent cough. That's admittedly only a sample size of one but I thought I'd pass it along.
I'll second the BP med change. Once the doc changed my prescription the cough was gone in 24-48 hrs.
Indeed, the blood pressure pills can cause a cough.

Or diabetes..........
Some can cause a persistent "tickle" in the back of your throat.

Lorsarten worked for me.
So I changed BP meds... Started today on Losartan 25mg. It knocked me for a loop a few hours after the first dose. Slept for a couple hours this afternoon. Had no energy at all. How about you guys who switched over, same reaction?
I've been on Lipitor, or a generic since 1999, no way I could sing, if I could sing, I clear my throat often.
Dad kept a "paddle" in the barn. It was a piece of a cedar shingle about an 1.5" wide and a foot long.
If a horse started coughing, dad grabbed his paddle and a can of pine tar.
He put a dollop of pine tar on the end of the paddle. He would grab the horses tongue, pull it out and wipe that dollop of pine tar on the back of their tongue! 🤯

Now, I'm not sure if the pine tar cured the cough or if the horse was just scared to cough again, but it worked every time!
Deleted

Private Message sent to OP.

I was on that and had Doc change me over to Amlodipine, I had a small nagging cough from Lisinopril.
Hey fellows, we are still alive.

Z-packs have been grossly over prescribed and are not as effective on lung infections as they used to be as a result.

Zpacks are extraordinary effective for walking pneumonia cause by mycoplasma or chlamydophilia. Those intracellular infections hang on for a long time and cause a chronic cough.

My guess is you are referring to the larger non intracellular infections of the lung.

Zpacks are extraordinary effective for walking pneumonia cause by mycoplasma or chlamydophilia. Those intracellular infections hang on for a long time and cause a chronic cough.

My guess is you are referring to the larger non intracellular infections of the lung.

Thanks I will be looking into this as well as some other options if it doesn't clear up soon.
© 24hourcampfire