Home
Posted By: earlybrd Lava soap - 02/05/23
The real deal ever use it other than foaming winter scent
Posted By: 7mmStwer Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Always used it on the farm to clean up especially after repairing equipment and getting covered in grease. Good Stuff.
Posted By: 35 Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Mom used lava soap to wash our mouths out when we [bleep] up smile YUK !!
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Always a bar of Lava in the garage sink
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
I use it after a trip to the range or after cleaning my guns.

Gojo used to be the goto stuff for cleaning your hands of black grime and filth, but many years ago they were forced to abandon their original formula, since an ingredient was linked to cancer.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Yup!
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Was always a bar of Lave soap on back porch of house next to hand pump and sink, Even help with tobacco gum on hands.....
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
It was the only soap that would clean the tobacco gum off your hands after a day in tobacco field.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Lava is good, Boraxo is mo bedder...
Gets the graphite anti-seize grease out of your pores.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
I can remember it as a kid. We didn't use it at home, but can remember more than one grime coated sink with a bar of the stuff sitting on it.
It was like washing your hands with a brick. No suds, just use it as an abrasive to remove greasy filth and finger prints! LOL!

Any more, if I get my hands greasy, I use good old "Goop"!
Much more effective and much less abrasive! πŸ‘
A little Goop on a toothbrush will clean up fingernails and cuticles. Lava won't do that.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Use some stuff @ work - Kicking Mule or something. Industrial suplier brings it.

Seem to work better, more pumice.

Liquid - not bar.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
Used it since a tot used to think it was made from lava from a volcano
Posted By: hanco Re: Lava soap - 02/05/23
I haven’t used that in 50 years
Posted By: greydog Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
My grandfather used it, my father used it, I use it. Good for copper fouling too. GD
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Always a bar of Lava in the garage sink

+1.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Always a bar of Lava somewhere at farm and blue-collar working friends and relatives homes. Still keep a bar of Lava on my bathroom sink right next to a bar of Ivory.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: trplem Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
I's my go-to whenever I accidentally shoot someone in the face.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
I usually start with Acetone, Xylene and/or D/N and move to Goop/Gojo... then Dawn.

Haven't seen Lava in a while... It was pretty good stuff.
Posted By: ackleydave Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
We always used Comet on the farm to get the grease and oil off our hands. Helped on the hog smell also.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Before someone makes a mistake

Only Lifebuoy causes soap blindness

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: misfire270 Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Had a welding shop years ago and thats the only soap we used in that bathroom to get the black nasty smell off
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Lava used to be the go-to hand soap when getting really dirty and greasy hands. Haven't seen it around in quite a while. I have something called "Fast Orange' here that I use for the heavy duty hand soap chores. Has pumice in it and no petroleum solvents according to the label. Works pretty good.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
if it weren't for Lava soap and Goop I would never be clean
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Lava soap and Fast Orange for me. Us it all the time too clean grease and grime off my hands.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I usually start with Acetone, Xylene and/or D/N and move to Goop/Gojo... then Dawn.

Haven't seen Lava in a while... It was pretty good stuff.
Gojo...
Better known as monkey jiz. Walk out of the schidthouse with it dripping off your hand, especially when there's a female in the area. πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
Posted By: reivertom Re: Lava soap - 02/06/23
I have a bar of grit soap from a government contract, bought in the 1980s, that makes Lava seem smooth. I use it for extreme cases like when I get expanding foam on my hands. Nothing but physical pain will remove that crap.
© 24hourcampfire