Home
These two incidents stand out because I knew the victims. The first murders occurred just a few miles from me, and I had served as mail carrier in that town, and knew all the people involved. There were many twists and turns, and lies spread about what happened. In the end, a major at nearby Ft. Campbell was convicted of the murders.

In the second case, I knew the man who was killed very well, and although I'd never met his wife and daughter, he'd spoke of them often. It was a case of an adopted son, who turned out to be worthless, being jealous of the success of his adopted sister, who had become a well known vet. He hired someone to kill his family, then killed that guy, trying to make himself look like a hero. He should have been given the death penalty.

I was acquitted and will not discuss further.
Tracy Rictor Roberts, it must be on the internet.
The neighbors rooster got murdered, don't know what happened.
Pamela Smart where I’m at currently.
Carl Drega where I grew up.
Lafonda Fay Foster - in April of 1986 she killed 5 of her friends in one night while in a drug fueled frenzy looking for more drugs. Convicted and sentenced to death - later commuted to life in prison.

Had the opportunity to fight her toe to toe while trying to arrest her one night ( not the night of the murders ) - gotta give the ol' gal credit - she could ( and would ) fight like a man. The fight outcome was in doubt for a period of time laugh before I finally persevered. Saw her fight numerous other officers on various occasions with the same dynamics. Tough ol' gal.
A cop shot and killed another cop here back in the 70’s. Interesting story if you want to read abide it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Cantrell
Originally Posted by JamesJr
These two incidents stand out because I knew the victims. The first murders occurred just a few miles from me, and I had served as mail carrier in that town, and knew all the people involved. There were many twists and turns, and lies spread about what happened. In the end, a major at nearby Ft. Campbell was convicted of the murders.

In the second case, I knew the man who was killed very well, and although I'd never met his wife and daughter, he'd spoke of them often. It was a case of an adopted son, who turned out to be worthless, being jealous of the success of his adopted sister, who had become a well known vet. He hired someone to kill his family, then killed that guy, trying to make himself look like a hero. He should have been given the death penalty.

What about the 4 women who worked at massage parlors in Oak Grove.
Back in 94 ish
Hog tied
Throats slashed.

Female Air Assualt school instructor.
Went space ghost around same time.
Bout 15 16 months later .
Her jawbone sent into the TV station in Hopkinsville.

Courtney Matthew's.
Army soldier 1.O
2nd job at taco bell on riverside

Killed 4 workers 1 pregnant.
For 900 bucks in the store.
Hid up in ceiling tiles at end of his shift and waited for close.
He should have got the death penalty but didnt...

Bunch of others around the greater Clarksville, FTCKY/ Hopkinsville area.
https://katv.com/amp/community/7-on-your-side/family-hopes-new-sentence-produces-new-information

From my hometown almost 28 years ago. Knew both the killer and the victim.

The saddest part about the accomplice’s admission about the second, unsolved murder is that (supposedly) due to his mental disability, law enforcement officials didn’t put much stock into his statement because it seemed too far fetched.
Guy in the 20s or 30s that was a Vet murdered 10 or 15 widows with poison after he got them to leave him money.
A five year old child starved to death by his grandmother because she didn’t believe it was her son’s child 😡 Both parents were druggies, abandoned the child there. Unbelievable that such a thing could occur in what actually was not a bad neighborhood with other kids in the house and with many decent neighbors close at hand, but it did.

One of them things that make you say my gosh, if people had only known, everyone would have poured in to save that kid.

The other one made national news, 50+ illegals dead of heat exhaustion in a trailer last year. Maybe seven miles as the crow flies.
The 13th amendment to the US Constitution.........
I roofed Courtney matthews Ryder ave apt building. Didnt know any different, just another tenant.
Baby encased in concrete.

https://fox4kc.com/news/pleasant-hill-woman-sentenced-after-baby-found-encased-in-concrete/
Baskin Robbins murders were gruesome. Paul dennis reid stabbed two 16 yo girls and dumped at Dunbar Cave park, where they crawled around in the dark till they bleed out.
The Green River Killer. Ted Bundy up there as well
Another murder last winter.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/pleasant-hill-missouri-homicide-sara-maloney/38728333
Ellie Nelser...killed her son's molester in the Court room.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1993-04-14-mn-22822-story.html
Tacoma seemed to have quite a history with serial killers.

From Ted Bundy to the beltway sniper(s) and several others.

Kinda creepy.
The Investor Murders
Investor Murders

And the Waterman Murder
Waterman Murder

For a town of 1200 on a remote island we kick azz.
Originally Posted by Calvin
The Investor Murders

Investor Murders

And the Waterman Murder
Waterman Murder

For a town of 1200 on a remote island we kick azz.
I can think of a half dozen or more in our area. Seems like quite a few to me as this town wasn't but about 3k 25+ years ago.

A few of these weren't actually in the town, just have that address.
Sutherland Springs church shooting. Nearby neighbor shot and killed shooter. Just a awful senseless tragedy.
No one cares about another person’s heinous crimes in his area

Im sure some 89 year old Homer thinks that two donkeys stolen from his Wyoming neighbor is bigger news than your psycho nursing home murder spree.
"Constable Fraley was shot and killed while taking a prisoner to the county jail after arresting him on a larceny warrant. As Constable Fraley helped the man dismount from his horse the man suddenly grabbed Constable Fraley's weapon. After a short struggle the man fired the weapon.

The blast struck Constable Fraley in the leg, severing his femoral artery. The wound caused him to bleed to death in a matter of minutes.

The suspect fled the scene but was eventually apprehended. In November 1890 he was taken from the county jail by an angry mob and lynched.

Constable Fraley was survived by his wife and ten children."
I live close to where they found eric rudolph, if that counts.
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Lafonda Fay Foster - in April of 1986 she killed 5 of her friends in one night while in a drug fueled frenzy looking for more drugs. Convicted and sentenced to death - later commuted to life in prison.

Had the opportunity to fight her toe to toe while trying to arrest her one night ( not the night of the murders ) - gotta give the ol' gal credit - she could ( and would ) fight like a man. The fight outcome was in doubt for a period of time laugh before I finally persevered. Saw her fight numerous other officers on various occasions with the same dynamics. Tough ol' gal.

Years after that occurred, I bought a house in the neighborhood where all of those people lived. A few of my neighbors had grown up in the neighborhood and knew everybody involved. One of them told me the history of the situation.

Fay Foster had reason to have bad feelings towards one of the people she killed. The other four just happened to be there when she "went off".
Google Alex Murdaugh…..it’s going on right now
Not really a crime but unusual none the less. In my small hometown was where the lady sat on the toilet for 2 years and her skin grew around the seat. She had to have it surgically removed.

G23

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/woman-sits-boyfriends-toilet-2-years-flna1c9460986
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by JamesJr

What about the 4 women who worked at massage parlors in Oak Grove.
Back in 94 ish
Hog tied
Throats slashed.

Female Air Assualt school instructor.
Went space ghost around same time.
Bout 15 16 months later .
Her jawbone sent into the TV station in Hopkinsville.

Courtney Matthew's.
Army soldier 1.O
2nd job at taco bell on riverside

Killed 4 workers 1 pregnant.
For 900 bucks in the store.
Hid up in ceiling tiles at end of his shift and waited for close.
He should have got the death penalty but didnt...

Bunch of others around the greater Clarksville, FTCKY/ Hopkinsville area.

Sad to say, but a lot of the murders have had Ft. Campbell connections.
There was a historical marker about a 1/2 mile from the house when I was a kid called Yankee bin.1864 some Yankees took there wagon down the wrong holler never to be seen again😉😉
In our very rural area in 1986 (I think) our little local party store’s owner was shot and killed opening the store for the morning in a robbery about 3/4mi from our house.

I was around 10 and I remember him being a really nice guy. A couple POS’s from Flint thought it would be an easy hit, I guess. Tried to find a news article about it but can’t seem to locate one.
Female Olympic trail runner kidnapped by mountain men in the backcountry with plans to make her a mountain bride for the son. Search party member catches up to them and is shot in the face with a .308 and killed. Men are on the lam for months living in the mountains and are finally captured in one of their camps by the local sheriff.
This guy has some good videos out. Normally 30-50 minutes each. Several around the area I grew up.

MysteriousWV
https://www.kqed.org/news/11730679/juan-corona-yuba-city-serial-killer-dead-at-85
The Biddle Boys.
https://butlerradio.com/event/biddle-boys-escape-capture-death-butler-countys-notorious-outlaws/
The clinic down the road was doing Rona vaccines...

Does that count?
Lawson Murders

Bloody Christmas White Christmas

You should have persevered from the beginning.
Holly Notestien, 25 year old mom, disappeared.
Eventually found dead. Killer found.

The name eludes me, young woman and man found attacked with a pickaxe.
One died,one lived. Years ago, no arrests.

The freak from New Paris who drove a hearse.
Killed his woman and a kid or two.

The young woman shot through a window while laying on the couch.
The killer walked through the snow both ways.
He wasn't hard to catch.

A county of 40k, we kill at least a half dozen per year.
Everyone thinks it's such a safe place, we have little crime, but we
do kill a fair amount of folks.
Too many to list where I came from. But, sometime in the ‘80’s (I think) prior to our moving here, 2 or 3 people were murdered by a guest at our local gun range. As was told to me, some guy hung around for a couple of days making small talk while watching regulars do some shooting.Around day #3, someone offered to let him shoot there firearm…..he promptly killed everyone there! memtb
At the time lived within 20 miles of BTK killings
1st wife was friends with the Clutter girl. "In Cold Blood"
One of the bloodiest bank robberies in history took place less than a mile from our office 21 years ago.

https://www.norfolkneradio.com/news...3192d6a-3e08-11ed-baaf-37eba0108bfd.html

Three POS Hispanic pricks decided to rob a small bank branch office. The first jackoff thru the door killed the branch manager in her office within 10 seconds of going into the building. Then they began killing everyone there. Within 40 seconds everyone they could find had been killed. I knew two of the victims well. The bookkeeper at the local Goodyear store started into the building and realized what was going on. She turned and began running down the sidewalk. One of the SOB’s ran after her and shot her. Fortunately, she was just hit in the shoulder which didn’t kill her. The shooter then decided to try to kill the gal at the drive-thru at the Burger King across the street. Shot at her several times but the window in the drive-thru was bullet proof and she wasn’t injured. The driver for this bunch of retards was sitting in a stolen car in the parking lot. He heard the shooting and left the scene for parts unknown. Bereft of wheels, the rest of the gang took off running thru the residential neighborhood. They spotted a Subaru in a driveway and crashed thru the door of the house. The elderly couple who owned the house were still in bed. Their daughter, who graduated high school with me, was making coffee when they burst in. They demanded the keys to the car, which she gave them, then the leader grabbed her and forced her to her knees. He put his pistol to the back of her head and pulled the trigger . Fortunately, he’d forgotten all of the shooting he’d done previously. The gun was empty. He whacked her on the head and they took the car and left. Seventy five miles and several stolen vehicles later, they stopped at a Mickie D’S. The local police chief arrested them without any resistance.

When the story was all told, there were two more murders - and - probably three, committed by these [bleep]. As if that wasn’t bad enough, a young highway patrolman committed suicide after it was learned that he’d arrested the two of the gang a couple days earlier but had to release them because of a clerical error.
Is this about the most notorious crimes in your area or the most notorious crimes to which you had some kind of personal connection? There could be a difference, or not.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Is this about the most notorious crimes in your area or the most notorious crimes to which you had some kind of personal connection? There could be a difference, or not.

It was about the most notorious in my area, and I just happened to know the people.
The neighbor got hacked on with a machete. He could have died but the dumb SOB that had the machete was hitting the victim with the back side of the blade instead of the sharp edge
In 1975 or maybe '76, I had a friend that purposely ripped a tag right off a brand new twin mattress. Never heard from him after that incident. Hear tell he made his way into Canada by swimming the St. Lawrence River. It devastated his family.
Wayne Williams dumping little black boys in the Chattahoochee In Atlanta in the 80's
Johnny Dollar mentioning Mickie D's reminded me.

The guy who was on video going into Wal-Mart to buy a hacksaw.
Sawing the barrel off a shotgun in his car.
Then killing his estranged wife while she took a smoke break by the McDonald's dumpster. That was an easy on to solve and convict.
Big Harpe and Little Harpe

Micajah and Wiley Harpe –known respectively as "Big" and "Little" Harpe—spread misery and terror through the western frontier in the 1790s. They took what they wanted and recognized no law, leaving a trail of death and destruction through Kentucky and Tennessee. More heinous than mere outlaws, the Harpes had declared war on humanity, killing men, women, and children indiscriminately; repaying frontier hospitality with arson and death. The Harpes are considered by many to be the first recorded serial killers in American history.

Date: 1798 -1799

Victims: 25 - 40 men, women, and children

Cause of Death: Shooting, slashing, chopping

Accused: Micajah "Big" Harpe and Wiley "Little" Harpe

Synopsis:

Though their story ends a few years prior to the 19th Century, the Harpes have already been mentioned several times on Murder by Gaslight and they deserve a post of their own. When Investigating a story this old, one tends to find the facts obscured by legend, but the tale of Micajah and Wiley Harpe has remained remarkably constant for over 200 years. Writing in 1828, just 29 years after the events, Judge James Hall said:

“In collecting oral testimony of events long past, a considerable variety will often be found in the statements of the persons conversant with the circumstances. In this case, I have found none, except as to the fact of the two Harpes having exchanged horses.”

We’ll get to the exchanged horses in a minute, but unlike most of the older stories at Murder by Gaslight, there is really only one version of the Harpe’s story. This is partially because the facts have been preserved in legal documents, newspaper stories, and reminiscences by people like Judge Hall, and partially because the facts surrounding the Harpe’s are so atrocious they would be impossible to embellish or romanticize.

Though they were known as the Harpe brothers, Micajah and Wiley Harpe were first cousins, sons of William and Joshua Harpe, who had come from Scotland and settled in North Carolina. During the American Revolution Micajah and Wiley fought with the Chickamauga Indians on the side of England against the American rebels. As loyalists, they were forced to flee their homes after the American victory and they moved to the Knoxville area of Tennessee.

Micajah was the older and larger of the two and came to be known as “Big” Harpe. A warrant later issued by Kentucky Governor Gerrad describes Big Harpe as:

“About six feet high, of robust make…built very straight…full fleshed in the face…ill-looking downcast countenance…his hair black and short but comes very much down his forehead.”

Other accounts describe Big Harpe as tall as six foot four.

Wiley was known as “Little” Harpe and he was described as:

“very meager in his face, has short black hair, but not quite so curly as his brother’s, he looks older, though is really younger.”

Most sources say Little Harpe’s hair was red – his distinguishing feature.

In 1797 Little Harpe—then in his late twenties or early thirties—married a “pretty and delicate” woman about 20 years old named Sarah “Sally” Rice. Not to be outdone, Big Harpe came home with two wives—his legal wife, Susannah Roberts, described as “rather tall, rawboned, dark hair and eyes and rather ugly” and his “subordinate” wife, Susannah's sister Betsy, described as “rather handsome, light hair and blue eyes and a perfect contrast with her sister.” The five settled in together in a cabin outside of Knoxville.

Not long after, horses and other livestock began to disappear from neighboring farms. At the same time, the Harpes became known for supplying local stores with pork and mutton. In 1798 Edward Tiel tracked his missing horses to the Harpe cabin. The cabin was empty so Tiel and a number of companions continued tracking until they overtook the Harpes with the stolen horses. The Harpes surrendered but escaped before they could be taken to Knoxville.

The Harpe women would later call this the turning point when their men “declared war on all mankind.” They first began burning stables belonging to prominent Knoxville citizens and robbing their houses during the chaos, but soon they turned to murder. They seized a man named Johnson from a Knoxville tavern and a few days later his body was found, gutted and filled with stones, in the Holston River.

The Harpes and their women fled north to Kentucky and began a murderous rampage. They robbed and murdered a peddler named Peyton near the Cumberland River. On the road they met two travelers named Paca and Bates and persuaded them to travel with them for safety. The Harpes shot the two men from horseback. Bates died instantly but Big Harpe had to finish off Paca with his tomahawk.

Gaining the trust of susceptible victims became the Harpe’s modus operandi. They were known to burn down houses and murder the inhabitants leaving with nothing more than they would have obtained from the simple hospitality of the homeowners. They murdered a young slave—smashed his head against a tree—and left behind his horse and the grain he had been carrying.

In one case the Harpe family’s breakfast bill at a tavern was paid for by a traveler named Thomas Lankford. Lankford was later robbed and murdered by tomahawk about ten miles from the tavern. The Harpes were immediately suspected. They were overtaken and arrested in Hustonville, Kentucky on Christmas Day 1798. All three Harpe women were pregnant at the time of the arrest and two gave birth in prison that winter but the family did not stay together long; Big and Little Harpe escaped jail on March 16, 1799. The women were later acquitted of the murders and eventually rejoined their men.

The fugitives were pursued by a posse led by “Devil Joe” Ballenger, and a reward was placed on their heads, but the Harpes' murder spree continued in Kentucky. The body of Johnny Trabue, son of Revolutionary War veteran Col. Daniel Trabue, was found dismembered near a grist mill. He had been butchered for a sack of flour. Frederick Stump, Jr. was hunting on his farm when the Harpes slit his throat and stole his rifle. His corpse bore the Harpe’s signature: gutted and filed with stones in the Barren River.

The Harpes traveled as far north as Cave-In-Rock, Illinois—literally a cave in the rocks inhabited by river pirates. Allegedly the other outlaws were so appalled by the behavior of the Harpes, that they drove them out of the cave and back to Kentucky.

In one notable incident the Harpes impersonated Methodist ministers and went to the house of Moses Stegall. Stegall worked both sides of the law and he and his wife knew the Harpes from their days in Knoxville. Moses was gone when they arrived but his wife kept their identity secret from her other guests. What happened next varies somewhat from telling to telling. In some accounts the Harpes arranged to sleep apart, each with another traveler with the express purpose of killing the tavelers. In other tellings the only traveller was Major William Love, who shared a room with Big Harpe. Harpe became so enraged by the Colonel’s snoring that he smashed the colonel’s head with his tomahawk. In both versions the Harpes later murdered Mrs. Stegall and her infant son and burned down their house.

The killing continued until they were tracked by a posse that included a vengeful Moses Stegall. The two Harpes abandoned the women and headed in different directions. The posse on horseback followed Big Harpe. Here is the variation noted by Judge Hall. In some accounts the Harpes inadvertently exchanged horses in the chaos. Big Harpe, who thought he was on his extremely strong and powerful horse, was actually riding his cousin’s weaker animal. Confident he could outrun the posse, Big Harpe stayed on horseback when it would have been better to dismount and take to the trees. Others say Big Harpe was simply outrun by the posse.

John Leiper, a friend of Moses Stegall, overtook Harpe and shot him through the back. Big Harpe tried to fire back but his rifle misfired. He fought on with his tomahawk until he was overpowered. Before he died Big Harpe confessed to 18 murders and only regretted one of them. When his infant daughter would not stop crying he bashed her head against a tree and killed her. He said:

“It cried and I killed it; I had always told the women, I would have no crying about me.”

He also claimed, probably falsely, that he had amassed a fortune which he had hidden around Kentucky, inspiring generations of treasure hunters.

Moses Stegall shot him through the heart then cut off his head with his hunting knife. The dismembered body was left in a spot near the town of Graham, Kentucky, still known as Harpe’s Hill. The head of Big Harpe was paced in the fork of a tree near Highland Lick. Today the spot is marked by a Kentucky highway marker on Route 41A north of Dixon, Kentucky.

[Linked Image]

Little Harpe fled to Mississippi where he joined a band of river pirates led by Samuel Mason. Mason had a price on his head as well, and when he found himself alone with Mason, Little Harpe murdered him and cut off his head. He took the head to the authorities to collect the reward. The head was recognized right away as that of the outlaw Samuel Mason but the bearer was also instantly recognized as Little Harpe. Harpe was arrested in Mississippi where he was tried, convicted and executed for murder.

Aftermath:

The Harpe women were still in custody in Kentucky. Sally claimed she did not know that her husband Wiley was bad until she moved in with him. But, like the other women, she had several chances to take the children and leave. All three women always went back to Big and Little Harpe.

The women were acquitted of murder. Susannah and Betsy settled in Logan County, Kentucky. Susannah eventually remarried. Sally went back to her father, then remarried and moved to Illinois.

Big Harpe confessed to 18 murders, but the Harpe brothers are known to have murdered at least 25 people and some estimates place the total as high as 40. Though they made their living by theft, they murdered out of hatred for their fellow man. Big and Litttle Harpe could well be America's first recorded serial killers.
The Zodiac Killer.
10 minutes up the road.
Thad Reynolds murder. Thad's wife convinced her boyfriend to murder her husband. The crime was solved within a day, but there were lots of juicy tidbits that kept the tabloids busy. The guy who did the deed was caught and confessed within hours. Proving that the murdered guy's wife was involved took time. He wouldn't testify against her for almost 2 years.

There were multiple TV specials that profiled the case. Thad and Michelle were best friends with the guy they murder and his wife. They vacationed together and both were active in the youth ministry in one of our larger churches. Michelle wanted a divorce. Thad's religious views wouldn't go along with it, so she used another guy to kill him.

I am close friends with several people in that church and knew the murders wife and family. There are some more gruesome, but this shocked a lot of people because those involved were considered pillars of the community. Add in the infidelity and sex and you have the perfect TV movie script.

One of the TV specials profiling the case:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6c9eqj
https://www.serialkillercalendar.com/Lemuel%20SMITH.php

This was a bad dude.
The Pardue boys blew up the courthouse and then robbed the bank I now work at. Robbed several across the nation using bombs as a diversion.

They were living with Grandparents and when they suspected them, the boys murdered them and took the bodies back East and buried them under a shed. That was 1969 I think

KC
We were at my Grandparents in Monrovia for a week in July '85 when The Night Stalker killed two nights in a row and again a couple nights later a few blocks from their house.

My twin brother and I were 9 yo and freaked the fugg out!
I'm only a few miles from where Ed Gein and his mother are planted....
It was a very long time ago, but the Bloody Benders would undoubtedly be the most famous/notorious crime in my home area.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Benders
I live about 25 mins from where Jimmy Hoffa disappeared at The Fox & Hound restaurant.
Not exactly sure if it's something to
brag about
Lots of outlaw ( in the past as well as today)
lived in the area. Just a few blocks down was
a livery and riding stable, and about 500 yards
to the east was where Belle Starr lived, and
around here somewhere the Youngers and
James's settled for a short time. One of the
Youngers was supposed to have been a baby
daddy to Belle. This area was annexed by the
city in the mid 50's. It was still fairly wooly
in the early 1900's. For whatever reason, the
city officials named a few of the streets and
such for the outlaws that roamed back when.
For instance, Belle Starr street and Jim Miller
road.
A few of the Barrows are planted fairly close.
Blanche is a few steps from my maternal G Pa
and G Ma. Henry Calvin the actor is in the
other direction ( although not an outlaw)
Originally Posted by Mossy

I remember delivering a Sunday paper (Seattle Times) that had the headline Police looking for a man named 'Ted'.

In the mid 80's I worked in the international district in Seattle. Some nights we'd end up in the bar of the Tai Tung restaurant, nobody sat along one wall because the other side was the Wah Mee Club, an illegal gambling joint where 14 were shot (13 killed, 1 survived) during a robbery in 1983.
POS Scott Peterson murdered his pregnant wife Lacy about 10 miles away in 2002. She was a friend of a friend and a beautiful girl....RIP.
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
One of the bloodiest bank robberies in history took place less than a mile from our office 21 years ago.

Three POS Hispanic pricks decided to rob a small bank branch office. The first jackoff thru the door killed the branch manager in her office within 10 seconds of going into the building. Then they began killing everyone there. Within 40 seconds everyone they could find had been killed. I knew two of the victims well. The bookkeeper at the local Goodyear store started into the building and realized what was going on. She turned and began running down the sidewalk. One of the SOB’s ran after her and shot her. Fortunately, she was just hit in the shoulder which didn’t kill her. The shooter then decided to try to kill the gal at the drive-thru at the Burger King across the street. Shot at her several times but the window in the drive-thru was bullet proof and she wasn’t injured. The driver for this bunch of retards was sitting in a stolen car in the parking lot. He heard the shooting and left the scene for parts unknown. Bereft of wheels, the rest of the gang took off running thru the residential neighborhood. They spotted a Subaru in a driveway and crashed thru the door of the house. The elderly couple who owned the house were still in bed. Their daughter, who graduated high school with me, was making coffee when they burst in. They demanded the keys to the car, which she gave them, then the leader grabbed her and forced her to her knees. He put his pistol to the back of her head and pulled the trigger . Fortunately, he’d forgotten all of the shooting he’d done previously. The gun was empty. He whacked her on the head and they took the car and left. Seventy five miles and several stolen vehicles later, they stopped at a Mickie D’S. The local police chief arrested them without any resistance.

When the story was all told, there were two more murders - and - probably three, committed by these [bleep]. As if that wasn’t bad enough, a young highway patrolman committed suicide after it was learned that he’d arrested the two of the gang a couple days earlier but had to release them because of a clerical error.

There was a big shootout/bank robbery in Riverside County, CA, town called Norco. I read your story for a while until I realized it was a different robbery.
About 2 weeks ago a guy got in a shoot-out with local Double Springs Alabama cops. The only injury was one cop who was shot in the hand. The white redneck suspect committed suicide his first night in lock up.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

There was a big shootout/bank robbery in Riverside County, CA, town called Norco. I read your story for a while until I realized it was a different robbery.

The biggest crime in this country in my mind is that your no good low life Dimocommie NWO pukes have not been hung for perpetrating the biggest crime in human history since the Crucifixion of JESUS CHRIST and that was the illegal NWO coup of the US 2020 Federal Election abetted by the flipped US Neonazis shadow Government and Supreme Court and Bolshevik MSM and NWO controlled Big Pharma, FBI, CYA, CDC, FDA, AMA and WHO, but Justice is coming and your traitorus crew will be left swinging.
Suckawhore, you have no clue of just how much you're going to hate Q and Trump.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
there was a couple (Texans) passing through Williams, Az in 2001. They met a retired old fart at a bar, and followed him to his RV. they proceeded to tie him up, rob him, and shoot him with one of his guns.

Didn't get much notoriety, because it happened on September 11.

They headed for Texas. along the way, a NM deputy did not show up for work in Gallup, but her purse was found in Raton, and her van, with blood inside was found in Balmorhea , TX, with some of the retired guys guns inside.

They are both doing life in different prisons in AZ. Odom and Lankford. from Newton, TX and Kirbyville, TX
Happend just down the road..
October 3, 1991 was my 21st wedding anniversary, and I was out on a part of the farm that I hadn't been on in some time. On the southeast corner of my place there is a large depression in which there are two caves and several large sinkholes. An old road that is the boundary between my farm and adjoining farm goes right beside this area. I sometimes find Indian artifacts in this place, and that's what I was doing when I went there. There was a terrible smell, unlike any dead animal that I'd ever smelled before. It didn't take me long to find it, and it was a body that had been dumped off the side of the old road.

The police investigation revealed the body was that of a Black girl from Indianapolis Indiana, who had been both shot and stabbed. The murder was never solved. A few weeks after I found the body, a neighbor and I were talking and she told me a very interesting story. Just a few days before I found the dead girl, there had been an incident near her farm which was about a mile away from where her. A group of Blacks were seen having a fight and argument, and one of them was a former resident of the community who had moved to Indianapolis a few years previously. I thought that was more than just a coincidence, and told a deputy that I knew. As far as I know, my information was never acted upon, and I'll always believe there was a connection there.
Guy chopped up a girl he was stalking. If trashmen had come about 30 minutes earlier they more than likely would have never found parts of the body.

Town is still fairly divided on this at times.

My aunt was one who was looking for him when he disappeared. I worked with a guy for a short while that was in the room when Kutska played the tape of Tom's call to police. I'm not saying the 6 did it - I don't know but from that guy - he never gave any inclination that court got it wrong. And when he talks about that - he's visibly upset and nervous.

This would be the other infamous crime from our area. Again - familiar with people who knew the people involved at the time, they weren't involved but had been in that bar a lot, knew Margaret at the time etc.

There was a time when someone was killing, butchering and tossing pieces of folks over the hill on Gauley Mountain, don't think they ever did find that one out. Then up near Fayetteville a house burned and all 7 of the kids disappeared, not killed, but disappeared, still no answer as to what happened to the kids.
In 1923 the DeAutremont brothers robbed a Southern Pacific train on Siskiyou Summit in Tunnel 13, dynamited the mailcar to hell and gone, the clerk was blown to bits, and they shot three traincrew, mostly out of frustration of not being able to find the money in the smoke and steam in the tunnel. They were caught four years later.
There was a documentary movie, "The crime of the the DeAutremont Bros", but nobody I know has ever seen it, if it even exists.

Black Bart (28 stagecoach robberies to his credit) did most of his robberies in this county. Bart left a few poems with his victims...
I've labored long and hard for bread, for honor, and for riches
But on my corns, for too long you've tread
You fine haired sons of bitches.
Lori Vallow Daybell
This was east of here about 100 miles. She and her husband killed her 2 kids from a previous marriage and buried them nearby. They were part of some doomsday cult. The trial is going on now.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]
Pizza bomber was in my neck of the woods.
Not a murder…..but a very justifiable killing!

This happened in Baton Rouge in ‘85, just after I had relocated to Wyoming.

A marshal arts instructor kidnapped one of boy students, took him to California. The instructor was arrested and returned for trial. The boys father had newspaper connections, which had police connections. He knew exactly which flight the prisoner was on, and was waiting in the terminal, pretending to be talking on a pay phone when the prisoner, escorted by two officers walked past. As the prisoner walked behind him, he quickly turned, blew the POS’s brains all over the two officers, quickly put the gun down turned and assumed the position against the wall. All of the local television reporters were there, it was all caught on camera…..and I think was later aired on 60 Minutes!

The father was acquitted of all charges in a Grand Jury hearing!

My good friend’s wife with their kids were in the airport to come to Wyoming….she heard the shot! memtb
Originally Posted by memtb
Not a murder…..but a very justifiable killing!

This happened in Baton Rouge in ‘85, just after I had relocated to Wyoming.

A marshal arts instructor kidnapped one of boy students, took him to California. The instructor was arrested and returned for trial. The boys father had newspaper connections, which had police connections. He knew exactly which flight the prisoner was on, and was waiting in the terminal, pretending to be talking on a pay phone when the prisoner, escorted by two officers walked past. As the prisoner walked behind him, he quickly turned, blew the POS’s brains all over the two officers, quickly put the gun down turned and assumed the position against the wall. All of the local television reporters were there, it was all caught on camera…..and I think was later aired on 60 Minutes!

The father was acquitted of all charges in a Grand Jury hearing!

My good friend’s wife with their kids were in the airport to come to Wyoming….she heard the shot! memtb

I was in college in Milledgeville Georgia at the time of the murder spree of Paul John Knowles.

"Paul John Knowles (April 25, 1946 – December 18, 1974),[1] also known as The Casanova Killer, was an American serial killer tied to the deaths of 18 people in 1974, though he claimed to have murdered 35."
I live in a neighborhood that used to be part of the Rex Cauble Ranch, part of the Cowboy Mafia drug running saga. I think it was (or maybe still is) the largest RICO forfeiture in US history and I believe there's an HBO movie coming out about it. His pilot used to live in the house across from me.

Cowboy Mafia
The killing fields, not far from where we live. It’s been on TV.
Not my neighborhood exactly but Columbine Hgh School and the Aurora theater shooting sites are not too far away,
Arsenic poisoning at a church in New Sweden in 2003

Not necessarily the crime but the hanging of James Cullins in 1873. Cullins stole a pair of $25 boots and when confronted killed a constable and another person. He was caught by law enforcement but before he could get to Presque Isle a posse hung him.
1988 there was an after hours murder on the west side of Columbus at the Hometown Buffet. Someone robbed and killed the manager and a couple employees. Flash forward about 8-10 years, a recruit classmate of mine was eating a hamburger in the parking lot of a Rally’s restaurant about 20 miles east of the murders. He was working a plain clothes assignment. He saw 2 guys with shotguns going inside the Rally’s. He called for back up and set up on the door. When the suspects exited, he got the jump on them with his own shotgun. They gave up and were arrested. During the interview in the Robbery Squad office, one of them admitted to killing and robbing the people at the Hometown Buffet.

Ron
I live in the adopted home town of Charlie Birger, last man publicly hung in Illinois.
Ax murder several years ago. Nephew killed uncle over an argument

https://www.wmur.com/article/man-pleads-guilty-in-hatchet-murder/5172389

I remember that .the ironic thing is .it shocked and tore this town up . because murders very seldom happened at that time in Lexington ,and expetially not 5 in one night ....now ..they happen it seems every day almost , and everyone is use to it
Robert Hanson, the butcher/baker killed a bunch of girls, mostly strippers. One was a girl I went to college with and knew well.
Originally Posted by stomatador
Originally Posted by Mossy

I remember delivering a Sunday paper (Seattle Times) that had the headline Police looking for a man named 'Ted'.

In the mid 80's I worked in the international district in Seattle. Some nights we'd end up in the bar of the Tai Tung restaurant, nobody sat along one wall because the other side was the Wah Mee Club, an illegal gambling joint where 14 were shot (13 killed, 1 survived) during a robbery in 1983.
Ted murdered about 30 women. He was finally executed. While he was in prison, some idiot woman married him.
Then we have that person in the White House.
There was a woman's body dumped in the creek that runs behind my house.
It was about a mile from here about 5 years ago.
They never solved the case.
We had the abduction and murder of Mickey Shunick by known sex offender Brandon Scott Lavergne.

We also had a shooting at a theater with two killed and nine wounded.
I grew up about sixty miles from Centralia, MO, where Bloody Bill Anderson and his crew, including Jesse James, killed a bunch of unarmed Federal troops going home on leave. Murdered them in ways most foul. A good bit before my time....................

Chariton County, MO, where I grew up, seldom has anything resembling a murder, ever. Other than despondent farmers suiciding themselves or a drunk killing himself in an auto accident, most folks die of natural causes.
DD and I worked with this guy....

Murder in the first, Arson in the first...

Killed the wife, MIL wounded, boyfriend wounded....

https://lizjin.medium.com/woman-killed-by-bomb-disguised-as-a-christmas-gift-c78ea310b771

https://www.ocala.com/story/news/2003/10/11/man-found-guilty-in-bombing/31080488007/
two come to mind. First was the Danny Rolling case, also known as the UF Student Murders case. A drifter killed 5 students back in 1990. Second was when another drifter and serial killer Ted Bundy was caught and finally executed for killing 12 year old Kimberly Ann Leach, a local girl.
More recently, a seemingly decent enough local fellow and businessman, Paul Reinhart murdered his two young sons to 'get even' with his ex wife.
I think every place in America has had it's share of stupid and heinous crimes.
https://qctimes.com/klindt-timeline/article_94739f4e-e55c-11df-b0cb-001cc4c002e0.html James Klindt killed his wife and cut her up with a chainsaw,bBrian Barret, killed 2 women about 2 miles from my house
Joe Biden, Opened the Texas Border to a invasion of ILLEGALS, That have Trashed a large part of S.Texas. not to mention we will be supporting them and their family's for the next 100 years. Rio7
I grew up in the NW Suburbs of Chicago, about 40-45 miles away. I graduated High School in 1977

We had more than a few! Some far too close for comfort!

1931 Baby Face Nelson killed 3 FBI Agents and was killed in the next town over. A little before my time!

1967 Richard Speck, We were scared stupid of that name as little kids!

1972 5-6 miles from home De Mau Mau/Corbett murders "Racial hate crime"
https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,906633,00.html

1976 I worked for Patty Columbo's Uncle at a gas station when this happened. I took the call when the police called looking for him/his wife.
https://murderpedia.org/female.C/c/columbo-patricia.htm

1976 I had the unpleasant experience in going to High School with 4 of these murderers! One of them was just your "harmless burnout" and I'm still friends with his younger brother. The 2 Shine boys were not even human in most peoples opinion!
https://videttearchive.ilstu.edu/?a...2&e=-------en-20--1--txt-txIN-------

Then of course we had John Wayne Gacy 20-25 miles away! No link needed!!

1993 Browns Chicken massacre 10-12 miles? from home. Juan Luna worked in house a few times as an appliance delivery and repair man!
https://content.time.com/time/subscriber/article/0,33009,906633,00.html

1995 Not a crime, but we also have the horrific Bus/train crash that killed 7 students in my hometown and for my high school. A sad day indeed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Fox_River_Grove_bus%E2%80%93train_collision
I plead the Fifth.
You guys got nothing. Get this - we had a black dude OD while being restrained by a Minneapolis police officer, and the police officer was thrown in jail.
Worked a couple of serial killers, but they were black, so not so "notorious".
Charles Raymond Starkweather (November 24, 1938 – June 25, 1959)[2] was an American spree killer who murdered eleven people in Nebraska and Wyoming between December 1957 and January 1958, when he was nineteen years old. He killed ten of his victims between January 21 and January 29, 1958, the date of his arrest. During his spree in 1958, Starkweather was accompanied by his fourteen-year-old girlfriend, Caril Ann Fugate.

Ole Charlie lived a few blocks from grandma.,
Back in 1993 near where I grew up a local Vet, his wife and one son were murdered in their home. About ten years later the daughter and the guy who had been her boyfriend were convicted. Definitely some evil and twisted people in this world.
Five year old boy abducted from the sidewalk in front of parents home about two years ago. Fruitland Id.

Still no recovery. Nor arrest.

Probably the most notorious, people still talk about it 55 years later, was.

A recent High School graduate liked to play with local middle school girls. And he was spotted in the vicinity of several mysterious hay stack fires.

The story goes that a few of the local farmers/dairymen/fathers of Middle School to young High School daughters caught the alleged perpetrator walking down a back road circa late 1960s.

The guy was later found bleeding profusely and minus one nut.

As far as I ever knew, no police report was even filed. But our County Sheriff also had grandaughters in the proper age group to be targeted by the perp, (alleged)

One thing was certain in the community. The dude took the lesson to heart.
Joesph James DeAngelo-East Area Rapist, Original Night Stalker, Golden State Killer. Two rapes late 70's couple blocks in either direction from family home and my elementary school.

Patrick Purdy-1989 Cleveland school shooting. 5 blocks from maternal grandparents house.

Both same city.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lori Vallow Daybell
This was east of here about 100 miles. She and her husband killed her 2 kids from a previous marriage and buried them nearby. They were part of some doomsday cult. The trial is going on now.

What about your neighbor?
Tom Dula (Dooley) was tried and hung in Statesville, N.C., about 5 miles north of me, but his crime was committed in Wilkes County, N.C.

Back in 1975, 2 girls were abducted after leaving the county fair. Both Raped and shot multiple times. One was killed, one survived. Despite a description of both the vehicle and person (black male, suprised?), to this day, law enforcement has made no arrests or persons of interest have been identified.

A bit later, a body, black male, was found on the side of a remote dirt road, wrapped in a piece of carpet. He had been shot several times, and burnt. The basic physical description matched the perp in the above mentioned rapes and murder, but, being burnt beyond recognition, could not be tied to the crimes. All this took place years before DNA evidence was even a thing. No one was ever arrested or ID'ed for this killing either, but word was that the murdered girls father had ties to a rather notorious motorcycle gang, and that justice had been served.

Just a few years back, a local guy picked up a hooker at a truck stop about 2 miles down the road, took her back to his apartment, killed her and then took the body to his girlfriends house, burned it and buried what was left in the backyard. Don't recall his name, but this one made one of the crime shows on TV.
Here is one for you, True story!

I was working in Toronto Canada back in the late 70's.

So I meet this gal and started dating her. After a few dates I noticed that something was off with her but I could not put my finger on it. She was very attractive, well kept, intelligent, she basically had a lot going for herself. Except she was not into sex and was pretty standoffish, when I tried to get her to go along with the "Normal Program".

So I am sitting in my office one morning reading the paper and on the front page there was an article about a court case that was about to start. The heading of the article "Woman That Beat Her Husband to Death Goes To Trial"

As I read further I noticed that the woman had the same last name as the gal I was dating, so obviously I continued reading with great interest! The woman beat her husband to death with a baseball bat while he was sleeping. After she beat him to death she called the police and when they got there she admitted to killing her husband herself.

When questioned as to why she murdered him she calmly told the police that she beat him to death because he was forcing her to have sex in the Doggy Style position and that she thought it was disgusting, and he was treating her like a farm animal.

So after reading the article the first thing I did obviously, was to call the gal and asked her if the woman in the paper that had the same last name as her was any relation to her. She said "Yes that is my mother".

I ended the relationship that week, very diplomatically, without seeing her again.

KB
Maybe ten years or so ago, a Ft. Campbell soldier had got back home after being deployed to the Middle East. He and his wife went to nearby Hopkinsville, KY to eat out, and while on the way back home, she got sick and asked him to pull off the road. They drove about a mile down a side road, and while they were stopped, he was shot and killed. Turns out it was setup, as the wife had been banging another soldier, and wanted to get hubby out of the way, so they killed him. The killer took off and they caught him a few days later in one of the Western states. One of the major networks, NBC I believe, had a show about it.

The murder took place on a road that was on my mail route, and the very spot was a place that was secluded, and where I stopped most days for a pee break. The slain soldiers family put up a small memorial for him at the spot where he was killed, and I had to find me another place to stop, as it felt really strange to take a whiz there.
They never found who killed Isaac Payton Sweat, singer, bass player on Johnny and Edgar Winter recordings, singer on “ Cotton Eyed Joe”. He was found shot in his garage, ex wife was suspected, never charged. I saw him at the Winchester Club many times.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lori Vallow Daybell

I think the gals brother killed her ex husband, then the brother dies. the guys ex-wife might be dead too....too crazy, gal was living in Mesa, Az with the kids I think
The most notable incident was being the stash point for Andrew Kunannan's first victim. Within 10 minutes of my house 2 officers and a half dozen others have been killed over the 30+ years I've lived here. It is thought to be a very safe place but history says otherwise. Though it has gotten better since there have been restrictions placed on epinephrine sales, it can be a bit wild at times.
Cary Ann Medlin kidnapped, raped and murdered by Robert Glen Coe, 1979. Her body dumped not a mile from where I lived at the time. I was working a road project in Nashville, the wife and kids went back to her folks place the next day and stayed till I got back.

Coe was a long time criminal, told family members he had killed someone, some of his family bought him a bus ticket to run, one turned him in. He was finally executed on April 19, 2000.
Somwon smash are mallbox
In the 70s I took a girl out on a date with my mother's station wagon to see Rod Stewart.

She was later killed by Ted Bundy.
As Sitka Deer mentioned earlier Robert Hanson, my wife went to church with his kids. She used to go to his house quite often. Several of my friends knew the family.
© 24hourcampfire