Home
This little trio showed up right outside the door this evening.

With a yard like that I'd think there'd be a herd trolling your place on a daily basis. We have a our resident does and fawns cruise through once or twice a day but we live a little ways out in the sticks.
I live out in the boonies and have around 25-30 apple trees in the yards. I have critters in the yard all the time. They are all welcome except the bears. They get "tickled" with rubber buckshot.
We used to be "out in the sticks", but now we're surrounded by urban sprawl from two different cities. We are in the county, but completed surrounded by the city limits of Huntsville and Madison AL. Our little farm is turning into a miniature wildlife refuge.
We have a few showing up in the back yard still. Boomer crop of white and red oak acorns. I blow the leaves off part of the yard and where they mound up it seems to keep some edible. Throwing a quart or so of corn onto the grassy part helps. Have a basket rack 8ish, a probable 6, a 3” spike, and a one antler with 3 or 4 points. Don’t know if he’s dropping early or just broke it. And then the usual does and fawns. Fun to watch. Have 2 cameras running we’ll check tomorrow.
We have a lot, this was three years ago at the end of my place

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This was after the season was over that hunting season I drive 250 miles, don’t see anything this nice

Cool video, thanks for sharing..I grew up in Huntsville and have family in the Hartselle/Huntsville area
They must have thought they were at Jimmy Houston's house. 🤣
These show up pretty regularly.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NYAHHlF.jpg?1[/img]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
These punks lit a bag of shiit on fire then rang my doorbell and took off!

[Linked Image]
Break out the pellet gun!
This guy brings me bread every once in awhile.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

last night about 1am I had 7 deer in the front yard. I have been feeding them for awhile but I don't think I'll ever get them to the point they walk up to me
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

last night about 1am I had 7 deer in the front yard. I have been feeding them for awhile but I don't think I'll ever get them to the point they walk up to me

No lie, I’ve got 8 or 10 of them trained to my voice. They may be out in the puckerbrush but if they’re close enough to hear me yell “dinner time” they show up.

Five of them will eat from my hand. The 3x3 is the biggest, bucks with hard antlers usually won’t get closer than five feet or so. I have a two year old doe that gets up on her hind legs and puts her front hooves on me to get at the bread in my hand.

And yes, I know about the risk, they’re wild animals, I get it.

The record for deer in the yard at one time is 22.

P
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
This little trio showed up right outside the door this evening.

With enough practice and range time i have complete confidence you can make that shot........provided you can resist using the porch rocking chair.
They were back this evening. We've been watching this doe raise her fawns around our farm since last Spring. She would leave them in one of our fence rows, and they would wander out and play in the pasture and front yard. They would also splash around in the shallows of the pond.
This one brought me a slice of cantaloupe
© 24hourcampfire