Home
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Number one use for leather ? - 02/23/23
Any guesses ?
Like fine Corinthian leather for Chrysler's??
Holding a cow together.
Doggie chewbones ??
Footwear and furniture.
Footwear, holsters, saddles and knife sheaths.... wink
Shoes
Whips?

WS
Posted By: DMc Re: Number one use for leather ? - 02/23/23
Originally Posted by shootem
Holding a cow together.
+1
Assless chaps?
Womens purses and bags
I got gloves and footwear.
My old man was a leather chemist. You’d be amazed at all the things that are or were made of leather.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Assless chaps?
Aren’t they all assless ?
Still miss the aroma of the barn tack room...
Originally Posted by slumlord
Assless chaps?

Good catch.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Number one use for leather ? - 02/23/23
This should be interesting. The car & furniture makers sure like it. Clothing?

Armageddon movies will have the players wearing a lot of it. I thought, why they all looking like biker wannabees? But then it hit me. 20 years after any clothing manufacturing & when all the regular materials have rotted or worn out...leather is still holding up. Reparable or laced together by nearly any one for a garment.

I ain't gonna google, curious of the answer.
Assless chaps?

Aren't all chaps assless?

OOps, didnt see the above post.... My bad
Assless chaps?

Some are some aren't.......

Here.
windmill gasket/washers.....
Answer:

To cover Cows.
Shoes
Posted By: gunzo Re: Number one use for leather ? - 02/23/23
Sittin in my leather Lazy Boy & eating a prime steak. Is that wrong?
Originally Posted by huntsman22
windmill gasket/washers.....
And wicher (sp?) pumps.
I vote shoes too.
I had to look it up. So spoiler alert.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Assless chaps?

Here.
Damn you kingston
Assless chaps?
By definition.
Assless chaps?
hyphen?
Shoes

BTW....No shocker

China is the largest global producer of leather
Holding a cow together.

Beat me to it!
You said leather, not cowhide. There is a difference.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Assless chaps?
By definition.

Well the definition also applies to frail old English fellows
Assless chaps?

Here.
The ones that aren’t are called pants.
Speaking of chaps, cowboys and bikers wear them for protection from briars, road debris, and mainly weather. Why do bull riders wear them?
And here I thought the majority of shoes were produced from the rare and endangered

canvas - with a bunch of plastic thrown in!
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Speaking of chaps, cowboys and bikers wear them for protection from briars, road debris, and mainly weather. Why do bull riders wear them?

Rodeo Clowns
Answer assumes cows are the number one supplier of leather. What about all the other species around the world. Shouldn't that be "holding animals together"? (grin)
My wife used to work at a high-end international leather supplier. They had multiple grades up to the finest Italian leather. A few years back they got an order to supply leather for new chairs for congress. They're specifications were for a grade that was higher than they've ever previously made.

I told her "Nothing but the finest for the asses in our Fed govt".

Must be nice to have unlimited funds. smirk
This pressure on the animal kingdom to provide coverings to meet our greedy desires is filled with danger. Beware we are causing irreparable damage to some species. Take for example Naugahyde. How popular it once was. Millions of automobile seats were covered in this wonderful skin. But see the dire consequences.

The Nauga is no longer with us. Yes, the animal with more color variation than any other mammal is extinct. Black, cream, burgundy are just samples of coloration that made their demise predictable. Fueled by human desire the Nauga was hunted down from craggy hills to lowland forests. No habitat was immune from the so called hunters who tracked them down and killed for profit.

So when the appetite for fashion drives you to lust after even the dull shades of cowhide, horsehide, alligator hide, remember the Nauga and ask yourself “Is it worth the pain ?” Reconsider before it’s too late, please. Do it for the children. (wiping away tears).
This pressure on the animal kingdom to provide coverings to meet our greedy desires is filled with danger. Beware we are causing irreparable damage to some species. Take for example Naugahyde. How popular it once was. Millions of automobile seats were covered in this wonderful skin. But see the dire consequences.

The Nauga is no longer with us. Yes, the animal with more color variation than any other mammal is extinct. Black, cream, burgundy are just samples of coloration that made their demise predictable. Fueled by human desire the Nauga was hunted down from craggy hills to lowland forests. No habitat was immune from the so called hunters who tracked them down and killed for profit.

So when the appetite for fashion drives you to lust after even the dull shades of cowhide, horsehide, alligator hide, remember the Nauga and ask yourself “Is it worth the pain ?” Reconsider before it’s too late, please. Do it for the children. (wiping away tears).

I do believe you've won the day. Comedy gold.
Fuuuking pair of industrial mittens with a strap lock around the wrist for Wabitard so he can't fuuuking post stoopid azz reliving his 2nd childhood schit....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
"50 Shades of grey" sequels?
Originally Posted by gregintenn

For the Buckle Bunnies.
Bondage?

😂
© 24hourcampfire