$79 wal mart
Posted By: earlybrd Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: slumlord Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
Drafting

Got mine in 10th grade, mama loved me, I think she shucked out about $250

Got Indian on the other side
Posted By: jnyork Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I never got one, at the time they were $28.00 and my family couldn't afford one, never thought I missed out on much. I still have my Mother's class ring in its little case, dated 1925.

While at basic training, I bought one of those cheesy USAF rings with the fake blue stone in it, found out a little later you could not wear rings while working on aircraft so it's still in the back of a drawer somewhere.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I left mine on the school shop sink. It was gone when I looked for it.

Maybe, 30 dollars.
Posted By: memtb Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
Around $70…..a lot of money at the time! It was later stolen from our home, by some damn kids visiting! memtb
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I sold mine to a gold/silver pawn shop a few years ago (mine was silver)
Nope…I don’t wear jewelry other than my wedding ring. I got my letterman’s jacket in my freshman year iirc but that was it for me.

If I had gone to a military academy I’d get a class ring but otherwise I don’t really see the point. School is for learning and leaving, it’s a necessary evil in many cases.

Some people peak in high school or college. Those people never reach the level of “notoriety” that they received in school so they become perpetually stuck in their glory days.

Nowadays class rings are not nearly as popular as they used to be but I can understand why one would want one if they went to an Ivy league school or military academy. Unfortunately in the conservative circles I run in a class ring from a liberal institution is hardly something to brag about and definitely something you don’t want to advertise….unless it’s from a military academy. 😬
My Jostens ring was white gold. Paid +/-$34 for it. Sold it for scrap 7-8 years later for $110. Damn good investment.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
No ring here.

Graduated early, didn't even walk. Sat up in the bleachers watching. Probably drinkin' or some such with the other cool kids.

Wouldn't have gotten one anyway, as by that time I knew I wasn't going to wear rings. Buddy almost lost a finger in a motorcycle wreck when the ring he was wearing caught on a barbwire fence. His passenger was not as lucky, she lost a part of a leg when the car hit them.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
Rebel flag on mine. I believe it cost me $25. Dang thing was stolen though back around 1995
Posted By: earlybrd Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
Never wore mine gave it to wifey we was a item all them years ago
Posted By: fgold767 Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
My hs and college rings along with my wife's hs ring were stolen in 1981...no idea what we paid fr them in the mid 60's.
Posted By: Angus55 Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I remember it was a lot of money in1973 for size 12 for white gold, my mother wanted me to have it, it’s big and heavy, still have it.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
Nope..

Didn't feel the need for one or HS Photo for the year book.
Never even brought it up with my parents.

Class of 210. Class 1981 OTHS
Probably about 40 45 of us shunned that schit for various reasons.
Wouldn't let none of the nerds on the year book commitee take our pics for the year book either.
Last known pic of me would be In a 1980 yr book home room class pic
Jr year.

Now the ironic thing is little miss Indian princess Khanarella was the winter carnival queen 1980 and miss head honcho on the 1980 yearbook commitee.
1st in things that don't count to me.
HS was a stage to get thru and move the fuuuk on from for me.
Had a great time in high school.

Me and my buds called Khanarella back then the Ice Princess jokingly..

Didn't realize I would marry her 13 yrs later.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤣🤣
God has a twisted sense of humor.....
Posted By: dale06 Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I was HS class of 1969. Bought the ring but don’t remember the cost. Haven’t seen it in 50 years.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I'm surprised no one girl friend kept it.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
About $75 in 1974. I was near the end of my 10th grade year and 11th graders were ordering theirs. The representative from the company selling them pointed out that gold was expected to go up significantly in a few months. Normally you couldn't order through the school until the end of 11th grade and get it when school started your senior year.

They let us order and prepay a year early to get a better price. The kids in the grade behind me paid closer to $200 for theirs.
Posted By: hanco Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
I don’t remember
Mom insisted on buying one. Don’t remember ever wearing it, haven’t seen it since about 6 mos after I hit it.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: High school class rings - 02/24/23
Can't remember but I sold it to a pawn shop for gas money my freshman year of college.
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I don't remember what mine cost (class of '77). I wore it for maybe a year. Its in a box now with some other memorabilia.
Posted By: naiche Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Never got one. Don't wear any jewelry
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I think mine was around $100.00 +/- I haven't seen that ring in years.
I gave it to my girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife.
Posted By: Traveler52 Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Still have mine class of 1970
Posted By: 5sdad Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
The day that I went to pick my new son and my wife up from the hospital, I stopped and sold mine for the gold. It never fit, and I had given up wearing rings after having two people shorten their fingers.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I didn't think a class ring was worth the trouble or cost. I do however have an FFA sterling silver ring. Means more to me anyway.
Lots of "I don't care, but I want you all to know how much I don't care" posts
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Like KenLguy, a class ring meant ZERO to me. Aside from the academic’s, school was the second worst experience of my life.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I wish I had been able to afford one in '67 or for the Doctorate in 76.
Posted By: jbmi Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Still have all three, HS 63, BS 70, MA 76 Wife bought the last two. Wear the Red Stone. All Gold, HS was about $30, then $85, and finally $150
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: deltakid Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
It is a shame that graduation for a military academy is no different than graduating from any 6th grade class. They have totally quit traiing warriors, and are real busy training woke idiots.
Posted By: slumlord Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I never considered one for college

I didn’t want to give that place another dime. Place tried to bleed something out of me on a daily basis. Fees out the ass for every conceivable thing. Super aggressive parking ticket nazis. I haven’t sent one cent to the alumni association in 15 years.
Still have mine it stays in the wife's ceder chest.

I wore it for about a week till i almost lost a finger.

It is bent some but because of the size it should fetch a dinner somewhere if sold.

Wedding ring is there as well little used.
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Like KenLguy, a class ring meant ZERO to me. Aside from the academic’s, school was the second worst experience of my life.
Me too. Only difference might be, I have had no experiences worse than grades 3-12.

I will not wear a wedding ring. Would not let Bride buy one. As a man working in industry, I do not need the risk of injury. Nor do I need a reminder that I am married.

My folks about crapped their pants when they found out I had refused to sit for senior pics. I told them it was a total waste of money which they could not afford. That statement did not help the situation.

I had no money of my own as my life was completely devoted to the family dairy farm and taking care of five younger siblings.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Yep. Mine is in the folks yard somewhere. If I remember correctly it was $250.00 14 carat gold and my folks wouldn't buy one for my younger brother so he used mine and, promptly, it flew off his finger in the yard when we were throwing the football. 35 yrs later, it's still in the yard somewhere. I've been meaning to get a metal detector out there.
Couldn't afford one.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Mom wanted it, she never had one, never graduated.
$80 in 1985.

Never liked wearing rings, even my wedding ring. They end up pinching.

Our daughters weren't interested, nobody gets them anymore.

It was 289 bucks. Had the actual receipt until the floods of 2016. Paid for it myself along with my cap and gown and invitations. My older brother dropped out, younger sister is a special needs person and had a very small graduation. It was 7 years later when baby sister finished, my mom and dad realized I had paid for everything myself. Dad gave me his high school ring from 1957 recently.

I think it was his way of paying me back.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I've still got mine, '66. It barely fits on my smallest finger. My hands have grown a lot in 60 years. I have my college ring, too. It's bigger but I still can't get it on either ring finger.
My wedding ring is 22mm, size 12.5, and my right ring finger is bigger.
Girlfriends got my rings and and letterman jackets. But that's okay, they were worth it! LOL!
Posted By: blanket Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Never had one and the only ring I have is a wedding band worn for one day forty one years. Wife keeps in her jewelry box but never belonged on a tool makers finger. I have known to many tradesman that rings have cost them body parts.
IIRC, $38 in '67 - class of 70, yellow gold.
Stolen in an apartment break-in in late '78.
I miss the guns they stole more.
Posted By: reivertom Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
I had mine melted down and made into into a nugget ring in the 1980s. That tells you how much I missed high school.
Posted By: MAC Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Never saw any reason to waste $$$ on something so foolish. School was something I endured so I could get on with my life. Never bothered with class reunions either. I left those people behind me over 40 years ago.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
The current price at the kids school for one is 1500 dollars, I’ve never seen the point in a class ring. I rather give him the cash towards something else he needed
Posted By: bluefish Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Left in a girlfriend.
Mine was of something called the “six part process”, the most inexpensive process. My brother has it, he’s good at keeping old stuff.

It is somewhat scratched up, I used to run distance a lot back then and for whatever reason I was running home drunk one night early hours of the morning because running was faster than walking. Turns out running drunk was a lot like walking drunk except you fall harder.
Originally Posted by Irving_D
The current price at the kids school for one is 1500 dollars, I’ve never seen the point in a class ring. I rather give him the cash towards something else he needed

Ya, all that high school stuff, including the tassel hanging from the rear view mirror, becomes ancient history for most people inside of a year, tops.
Posted By: poboy Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Mine got burgled. $38 in "71.
Posted By: JeffA Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Bought my own, it was around $125.

I'd had it about a week before it came off my finger when I hucked a Michelob bottle at a speed limit sign late one night.
Found the bottle, it'd hit the sign but didn't break.
A cop stopped while we were lookin' around for it cause we were parked on the shoulder facing the wrong way with the brights on.

He helped us look for a bit then went on his way.
It was a hopeless search.
Posted By: Irving_D Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Originally Posted by bluefish
Left in a girlfriend.
If you mean what I think you mean🤣
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
My buddy got a colonoscopy a few weeks ago. I told him I heard no cancer, but they found 3 mens class rings and a Rolex watch 😂

Ron
I got one in high school. I think it was a bit over $100 bucks. I didn't mess with one from college. I lost it somewhere along the line but I cant recall when.
Yellow gold.
Blue stone.
Gold "E" inlay on stone.
Size 12.
Think it cost the princely sum of $45 back in 1968. One of my folks graduation gifts.
It's in a box with some other unused jewelry in the gun safe.

Haven't tried in years, but it probably won't fit over my old, arthritic knuckle anyway.
Broke it twice opening beer bottles! 😖
Posted By: Dntnddb Re: High school class rings - 02/25/23
Got one end of sophomore year, didn’t fit due to broken finger by end of football season end of junior year. A few different girlfriends had at different times. Think it’s in the old cigar box on the dresser with other crap I don’t wear
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Irving_D

Ya, all that high school stuff, including the tassel hanging from the rear view mirror, becomes ancient history for most people inside of a year, tops.

Maybe an hour?
Posted By: smarquez Re: High school class rings - 02/26/23
Something like $36. An old girlfriend stole it I think.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: High school class rings - 02/26/23
I still have mine, ‘77. $60

I have my dad’s, ‘50. $??

I wore mine for about 5 minutes. Waste.
Posted By: Redneck Re: High school class rings - 02/26/23
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've still got mine, '66. It barely fits on my smallest finger. My hands have grown a lot in 60 years. I have my college ring, too. It's bigger but I still can't get it on either ring finger.
My wedding ring is 22mm, size 12.5, and my right ring finger is bigger.
I also got one in '66... Have no idea what I ever did with it.. Haven't seen it in 40+ years, and frankly don't care..
Super Bowl ring I understand. That’s an accomplishment.

Class ring? Not so much.
© 24hourcampfire