Home
Also applies to "horizontal" displays at sporting venues.

DoD declares no more patriotic flag activities

The Department of Defense has issued a formal ruling barring military personnel from towing the American flag behind them during parachute jumps and from participating in the horizontal display of the American flag.

A Feb. 10 memo from the DOD Public Affairs office sent to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and National Guard PR departments reminds soldiers to show proper respect for the U.S. Flag during community events.

“In recent years, many sponsors of sporting events have instituted a tradition of requesting uniformed military members to unfurl and hold giant, horizontal U.S. flags during events as an expression of patriotism and love of the country,” the memo states.

The memo cites the flag code and adds that parachute demonstrations necessarily end up dragging a flag on the ground if they tow one behind them during a jump, with the memo saying that jumps with “U.S. flags attached to, and flying in trail below the jumper,” will result “in the flag dragging along the ground during landings.”

Jackass party continues its suicide and is taking military & citizenry along for the ride.
Suppose it would be ok if they lit it on fire on the way down, eh?
I’m not sure how to feel about this one, they do have a point about the flag hitting the ground.

Are they talking just parachute jumps or any display of the flag?
Just another case of selective enforcement to support their agenda... If the Service Members were burning the U.S. flag on the way down, or, if they were flying a rainbow flag, nary a peep would be heard...
I don't think the flag should be used for anything commercial, like it or not the NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, INDY, are all commercial enterprises.

IMHO, the flag is used wrongly every day by those claiming to be Patriots.
These bother me.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
These bother me.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]
ride up your azz?

grin
Wanna bet that the head of the " Public Affairs" office knelt to BLM?
© 24hourcampfire