Home
Never have slept a lot since I was young. Most nights I hit the bed close to midnight, wake up between 5:00-5:15am. If I don’t have a few cocktails I’ll normally wake up at 3:00 and can’t go back to sleep.
Tried melatonin, do t drink caffeine after 6:00. Not necessarily noticing I need more sleep but it would probably be good.
4-6 hours on average.
Sleep is VERY IMPORTANT and at 5 hours per night, you’re not getting enough. Go see your doctor. He can help.

Mackey

From about 1am to 830am

Work starts at 930
I'm old, 10 hours
Usually 8 now that I'm on days. On mids? 4-5hrs was a great day....Usually less.
I'm good with 6. 1 to2 hour old fart Power nap after lunch.
If........

I get 6 hrs......I'm lucky

Wife ?

Jeez that girl can sleep

Stupid fuggin time change........

May move to AZ.....

Jack.......

Try some 'sleepy tea' B4 bedtime

No caffine
5 most nights, but I take a 2-3hour nap in the afternoon, in my bed, and sleep pretty hard both times.
Down between 11:00 and 12:00, up at 6:45 , never have needed an alarm clock. Since I retired nine years ago, I don't like wasting time sleeping. It works for me, the wife likes two or three hours more than I.
Hour here, hour there. Go to bed at 2200, wake up 3-5 times a night. I get out of bed tired, I need to see a Dr
6 or 7. Sleep more since I retired
4-5 hours is normal for me.
5 or 6

I try to take a half hour nap when I can, after lunch. But that depends on my schedule.
I flip n flop like a fish in the bed
Can’t do the nap thing. If I fall asleep during the day I feel like hell afterwards.
Between 5 and 6…..rarely more than 6! memtb
Wifey uses me as a leg pillow shes like a fugkin oven can’t get no piece
I get between 7-8. I don't drink caffeine much past 10:00AM and never pat 2:00PM.
Man glad im not the only chitty sleeper out there. 5-6 hrs is it. Been this way for a long damn time
Anywhere between 6-8 hours. More on weekends.
Not enough.
Winter aka slow time, 8-9 hours of sorta sleeping.

Spring, summer and early fall aka busy time, 6-7 of zonked da F out.
Im sleep by 11. Up at 4:45 for work.

Not the length of sleep, but quality..

Im down 50# from excersing amd layong off bread and sugar…

I sleep alot better now.

Before id sleep in bursts… seemed like id wake up once an hour..
7 to 8. My CPAP machine helped the quality of sleep.
I like to get 8.

It's closer to 5-6 most nights though.

Working midnights doesn't help.

-Jake
I usually get about eight hours. Not bad for a 70 year old. Edk
Am looking forward to dying, when I can finally get some sleep!
Usually only 4-5 hours per night. Came down with bad case of Covid and was in specialty hospitals and nursing home for 14 months. Bad things happen at nights in such places. Had a 95 year old roommate and they had to check his Depends every 2 hours. Hall and bathroom lights always on. Dementia patients yelling or roaming the halls in wheelchairs. Folks die in the wee hours of the morning. That’s when the coroner and the ambulance crews and funeral home hearse come. Still have problems going off to sleep. Just got a CPAP machine today. Hopefully it will help. Night nurse said I stopped breathing many times during night shift. I used one for years until wife had breast cancer 2X and I was the caregiver. I couldn’t hear her at nights over the noise of the CPAC and quit using it.
Again

6 Hrs ?

I'm happy
Not enough. Why do they call bad dreams, Nightmares?
7-8 hours
2hrs ,get , out with the dogs, 2 more hrs get up , go out with the dogs nap in the recliner 2 more hrs and then get up go out one last time and usually stay awake by then it's 6 am and the wife needs to get to work around 9
Been patrolling after dark with a thermal so about 11:30 till around 5:00 or so.

Most times don't feel tired till around 6 in the evening.

Can set for a bit then good to go some more.
I go to bed if I can at 9 or 10. Get up when the dogs have to pee- me too, usually. - around 7. (OK- there's a 2-4 a.m. pee for everyone, usually!)

My body like 9 hours sleep, and finally I got old enough to get it! I'm 74 and retired 4 years ago.

I'm loving it!

But I can get by with the 6 hours or so that I've had for the last 50-60 years. I was always tired.
Originally Posted by Mackey
Sleep is VERY IMPORTANT and at 5 hours per night, you’re not getting enough. Go see your doctor. He can help.

Mackey

My Doctor is the one that cased it.
6-7

I fall asleep fast but after 6-7, I wake up and my mind starts revving up. I have been trying to get more sleep

The other day, I got 8
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Wifey uses me as a leg pillow shes like a fugkin oven can’t get no piece

I usually get more peace after getting a piece too.
if I go to bed before 9, I am up at 2 , if I stay up to 11, I usually sleep thru the night to 6am
Use to be 4-5. but now that I've lost weight and stopped drinking a case of beer a day, I sleep 7-8.
5-6 hours, on the weekends a little more.

I wear a fit bit. Measures light, rem and deep sleep.
Up at 430 or thereabouts daily. Try to get to bed by around 10 if I can. On weekends I "sleep in" until 630 or so.
Me about 3 to 4 hours nightly. And a 1 hour nap after lunch.
6. No naps.

Osky
11-7 is normal. Often get up earlier, but never later.
Bed by 10pm, up by 6am.
Up 2 or 3 times a night to pee.
Other than that, sleep pretty solid.

Oh! There is always the 30 minute nap about 2pm in the recliner! 😉

I haven't had a full 8 hour, uninterrupted sleep since December 1991.
There was that one night, Aug 19, 2019 after surgery. Between the anesthesia and the relief from the pain, and the catheter, I slept soundly! Actually about 10 or 11 hours!
3 hours is about all the sleep I get. Maybe 4 hours if I shut down around 3AM.

🦫
7-8.

Have a sleep number bed with all the gizmos. Tracks my sleep and sends me a report.

Don't care one way or another about a report, but being able to adjust head, foot, firmness, etc is wonderful. Very comfortable bed.

Has a foot warmer too. Made me weak.
6 to 7 hrs. I'm more of a night owl and usually get to bed between midnight and 1AM. If I sleep past 7-730, I feel like I'm "burnin' daylight" . . . and I retired 5 years ago.

My dad was a world class napper. If he decided he needed a nap, he would, anywhere, anytime. Me, not so much, last time intentionally took a nap I woke up a day and a half later in the hospital. No thanks.
Right around 14, pure bliss.
About 5.
But I nap after work.
7-9 hours.

Get to bed at 3-4 AM and up anywhere from 10-1. No alarm clock unless going hunting or fishing.

Nap on weekends when/if I feel tired.
Work nights, but I get 8 hours of sleep during the day, most days.
Not enough.

Unless I get 8, or preferably close to 10, I never get enough.

Better now with DST, as I don't have to get out to feed the chickens quite as early as before.
Less than 5, and often half of that.
For years.
Negative effects.

Just got up, scored 8 hrs sleep, made in 3 chunks. Record for the yr.

Dunno why but 2.5 hrs is what i get when I try to sleep. May be up a couple hours after that and grab another hour or two of shuteye. That sleep 1/2 an hr up half an hr ( repeat ) for 6 hrs sucks.

Earplugs has helped. Melatonin doesnt do chit. Going to doc this coming week to try some meds
Kids school and old lady work....the schedules conflict w mine, and none of them gives a flying fugg about dad. Noisy as can be.
The sick one has totally botched schedule so i can hear cabinets and microwave slammin wee hra of morning.
They all.need to GTFO.

Or just keep doin what theyre doin til I have a heart attack
Originally Posted by EdM
Right around 14, pure bliss.
?! Damn.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Never have slept a lot since I was young. Most nights I hit the bed close to midnight, wake up between 5:00-5:15am. If I don’t have a few cocktails I’ll normally wake up at 3:00 and can’t go back to sleep.
Tried melatonin, do t drink caffeine after 6:00. Not necessarily noticing I need more sleep but it would probably be good.
Didn’t read the thread….

A magnesium (Mg) supplement is said to help stay asleep.
5 - 6 hours at night and another hour sometime during the middle of the day.
most every night is an adventure in pain. Shoulders, hip, knee are eat up with osteoarthritis. Usually a Tylenol or a Motrin, sometimes an oxy and I can get to sleep. Every so often, I pop a Temazepam. Couple that with old man kidneys and bladder , and I'll be up a few times. Still, I manage to get 7 or 8 hours total.
Didn’t get much last night 3 yr old nephew stayed over on a pallet foot of our bed.Must’ve been 1-2am he hollers “Cats” woke me out of a dead sleep 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️wtf ??
Between 7-8 hrs with one pizz usually dead center in the middle. I rarely have ever had a nap. I go to bed early and get up early.
© 24hourcampfire