Home
Posted By: Traveler52 Promag crap - 03/20/23
I purchased a Ruger 10/22 -55 round drum magazine from GunZone Deals.
This thing is some of the worst crap I've ever seen
Extremely hard to load.
That's not the real problem. The lips are to long,the only way to insert it you have to pull the bolt back. But than bolt will not close.
Tried in four different 10/22s.
Called promag guy didn't seem to give a [bleep]. Finialy gave RMA.
Now I have to ship on my dime. Sucks to have a defective item and they won't pay shipping. Probably cost half what I paid for it.
Waiting for a call back from Gun Zone. By the voice mail I got might be one man shop.
Anyway just a warning.
I won't by chit from Promag

Bill
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
You can get the pro mag sig p365 mags for like $20.

They get crappy reviews also….
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
Lol, what did you expect?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Lol, what did you expect?

IIRC, made in the USA??

Sheesh!
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
Promag === junk , I learned my lesson after buying a glock promag magazine ...
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
I tried their Mini 14 mags years ago and wound up taking a hammer to them. Let the 3rd rate product misery end with me, LOL. Their 10 round AK mag sucked donkey balls too.

Years later, I bought a cop surplus Beretta 92G Centurion that came with 4 mags, 2 of which were Promags. Those worked fine but that Centurion was a great pistol.

More recently I ordered a 10 round XDm-40 Promag, to comply with hunting regs. I've shot it dry 4-5 times and it's worked fine. That one only has to work 7-10 days a year.

I
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
ProMag is junk. It’s always been junk and I don’t foresee that changing considering they’ve produced nothing but junk for 30+ years ime..

There a some models from ProMag that are better than the others. Iirc the Bersa mags from ProMag were decent. I have a big Tupperware container filled with new hi-cap mags and in the box I have several Promags but mostly for European manufacturers like CZ 75, Walther PPK and Bersa ….

I’d stick with factory mags rather than rolling the dice on a POS aftermarket magazine.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
Triple K isn’t much ahead of them. I bought one for a 51 Remington. Technically, it works, but you need a screwdriver to pry it out of the grip frame. The original magazine isn’t like that.
Posted By: NoDak Re: Promag crap - 03/20/23
Yup. Garbage is a kind description.
© 24hourcampfire