Home
Posted By: MPat70 Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
This time they have replaced the patriotic state flag featuring 2 American flag held by an eagle among other depictions.

They replaced it with a Microsoft clipart of a bee hive🤷🏻‍♂️ Wouldn't want to show the patriotism on the state flag or anything.

https://pjnewsletter.com/state-flag-new-design-america/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
But it stands out and it's unique so there's that.

What do you Utahians or Utahns, or what ever it is that you call yourself, think of the change?
I think they are called "Utards".........forgive me....I saw it on another forum.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
Why?
Posted By: BangPop Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
The term “Utards” was coined by citizens of Idaho when the unwashed masses from down south would come north to fish our rivers. Today it might be more intended towards those who voted for Romney.
We're Utahns. A lot of us hate the damn new flag and think it didn't need replacing to begin with. The only thing needing replacement is Romney.

On the other hand, Utah's economy is so good that the Gov just signed a $460 million tax cut bill. Yes, cut. That's the result of the non-liberals here.
Should’ve gone full monte and made it a couple golden tablets superimposed on a spaceship lol
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Should’ve gone full monte and made it a couple golden tablets superimposed on a spaceship lol

A spaceship that looks like a Mormon temple of course . . .
Why does the new flag remind me of The Babylon Bee? Is this a joke?
Posted By: 700LH Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
Looks like the side of a Utah State police car
It is indeed a joke, Dan. The flag is, anyway. But it's also a real story.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
The beehive was a symbol of harmony, cooperation, and work for the early pioneers of the Church. Brigham Young used the symbol to inspire early Church members to work together to transform the barren Salt Lake Valley into a beautiful and thriving community.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/church/news/viewpoint-lesson-of-the-bees?lang=eng#:~:text=The%20beehive%20was%20a%20symbol,a%20beautiful%20and%20thriving%20community.

The beehive is one of the most common and enduring symbols within Mormonism, used ubiquitously. For example, it appears in publications, logos, architecture, and as the name of one of the Young Women’s classes. It is an official emblem for the state of Utah, where it is used on the state seal, the state flag, highway signs, historic money, police cars, and more. The beehive is used widely in popular culture and names of businesses in Utah. Today the beehive is seen as a symbol of industry, teamwork, and unity. But evidence shows that Church leaders in the late 1840s had a different concept in mind. For them, the beehive represented the kingdom of God. This photo essay presents uses of the beehive in its historical and sacred settings in Mormonism.

https://byustudies.byu.edu/article/the-symbolism-of-the-beehive-in-latter-day-saint-tradition/
Posted By: Dess Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
Looks very similar to the flag of Denver. How's that working out for Colorado? Not too well.
Did someone from San Francisco come up with that?
Posted By: Dess Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Did someone from San Francisco come up with that?

No. Denver....East San Francisco.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Looks like the side of a Utah State police car

Campfire liberal^^^^^^^^
Well

Spence never asked my opinion on the flag

Call us 'Utards' if ya like

We call all the tourists that come in to get a ride on the DPS helio's...'Tourons

Busy spring already too

No its not the same Utah I moved to nearly 43 yrs ago

But I'm staying put in the Utah I know......77% public land...quiet rural 'hoods

Water ? We got lots of water.....this year.......Heaviest snow pack in 40 yrs !

Hold on to your azz Wasatch Front when the temps hit 80* plus early May

700+ inches of snow's gonna go somewhere...downhill

Mittens ? No I didn't vote for him.....He'll be gone the next election

We need no RINO's here
Don't y'all have a beehive on the license plate?
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Don't y'all have a beehive on the license plate?

Nope..........

my 3 vehicle plates say.........

In God We Trust
That new flag is a fundamentally better design. Flags should have large bold designs....The TX state flag is great, the US flag, the Confederates', the NDSAP's, AZ state flag, etc etc.

You utahians have beehives on everything anyway. Just get another couple of wives to soothe your discontent.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
[quote]Today the beehive is seen as a symbol of industry, teamwork, and unity. But evidence shows that Church leaders in the late 1840s had a different concept in mind. For them, the beehive represented the kingdom of God. This photo essay presents uses of the beehive in its historical and sacred settings in Mormonism.
If that's the case, how long do you think it will last? With the woke left canceling everything that offends them, and Christianity one of the top offenders (even if it is Mormon Christian ideology). The lawsuits for violating the "separation between Church and State" and disenfranchised Muslims being offended, must be flooding in!
Posted By: Etoh Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
The beehive was a symbol of harmony, cooperation, and work for the early pioneers of the Church. Brigham Young used the symbol to inspire early Church members to work together to transform the barren Salt Lake Valley into a beautiful and thriving community.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/church/news/viewpoint-lesson-of-the-bees?lang=eng#:~:text=The%20beehive%20was%20a%20symbol,a%20beautiful%20and%20thriving%20community.

The beehive is one of the most common and enduring symbols within Mormonism, used ubiquitously. For example, it appears in publications, logos, architecture, and as the name of one of the Young Women’s classes. It is an official emblem for the state of Utah, where it is used on the state seal, the state flag, highway signs, historic money, police cars, and more. The beehive is used widely in popular culture and names of businesses in Utah. Today the beehive is seen as a symbol of industry, teamwork, and unity. But evidence shows that Church leaders in the late 1840s had a different concept in mind. For them, the beehive represented the kingdom of God. This photo essay presents uses of the beehive in its historical and sacred settings in Mormonism.

https://byustudies.byu.edu/article/the-symbolism-of-the-beehive-in-latter-day-saint-tradition/

The beehive and beekeeping are ancient Egyptian as you can get. A guy by the name of Jo Smith drove around in a wagon with a
sarcophagus in the back with mummy in it claiming to have translated a reformed Egytian language from gold plates.

I see the flag symbols as giving back to the original Egyptians the legends of most current religions.
Posted By: PJ65 Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/23/23
Originally Posted by BangPop
The term “Utards” was coined by citizens of Idaho when the unwashed masses from down south would come north to fish our rivers. Today it might be more intended towards those who voted for Romney.
They are still Utards.
New flag looks like the background art for a ski resort website. Meanwhile, UDOT wants to build a gondola up one of the canyons for the skiers to use - at taxpayer expense! These same resorts pay nothing in taxes or wages either but charge hundreds of dollars a day for a ski pass. Apparently they are buying off the right state legislators.
Posted By: erikj Re: Utah liberals strike again - 03/24/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm certain, it's only a matter of time for us.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
We're Utahns. A lot of us hate the damn new flag and think it didn't need replacing to begin with. The only thing needing replacement is Romney.

On the other hand, Utah's economy is so good that the Gov just signed a $460 million tax cut bill. Yes, cut. That's the result of the non-liberals here.
It’s not really a cut. Check your property taxes! Also look how much you’re paying in online sales taxes. Idaho, Colorado, even California got tax rebates… an actual tax refund! Utah has had 4.5 billion in surplus in the last 2 years. That is enough to give every family or household a check for $4500. The state is spending Almost 30k per household per year to provide state government. Instead you might see $200 cut but probably not once the inflation has caused your wages to hopefully go up.

The new flag is universally hated. Only 10% at best think it should be replaced.

I call our governor caillou after the cartoon character. He us a dipchit
Originally Posted by BangPop

Years ago, the fine for hunting birds without a license was less than the cost of a non-res license and the odds of getting caught were pretty low. The area around Burley and Rupert, ID was known as a pheasant mecca and hordes of UT hunters would hit it on opening weekend. Many of them didn't buy licenses. Also, many of them would steal bird dogs, bring them up for the weekend, and then dump them. Local farmers often had stray bird dogs to deal with after the opener.

But that was years ago. Now the fine for illegal hunting is pretty stiff. Also, since the invention of the pivot sprinkler, you won't see a pheasant a week. There's no cover for them. Hunting in that area now isn't worth the time and gas to get there.
© 24hourcampfire