Home
Cracker Barrel has decided its not worth the effort to do business in Oregon.

They are saying its pandemic related - draw your own conclusions I guess.

Just saw a news report on it

Cracker Barrel has permanently closed its remaining restaurants in the Portland area. A spokesperson for Cracker Barrel confirmed the closure of their Beaverton and Tualatin restaurants on Monday, citing the pandemic.

More Oregon winning.

Thank you, Portland, Salem, and Eugene.

🦫
Further-most west Cracker Barrel we ever ate at was in some dusty shîthole in Utah

And they royally foucked up the entire order. The sweet tea even tasted like pond water. JFC

Stick to cooking salmon over a fire on a goddamm stick.

Doubt anyone west of Denver can make hash brown casserole worth a damn.
🤦🏻☠️🤯

Our stores here are rockin
Equity. They closed the Cracker Barrels and are opening up the Nîgger Buckets!
Slummy you're right the Cracker Barrels here suck Azz
Oregon- - - - -north Commiefornia!
I think it's because the term "cracker" is racist.

LOL.
BFD. Cracker Barrel sucks festered donkey dicks.
They built a new one on the corner down the street from me, worst food I ever tried in a restaurant. Even the service was lousy.

Phil
I have to suggest that a California dude probably knows diddly squat about Southern cooking. There's no kale or avocado in it.
The one in Billings was not so good.

Philly would feel more comfortable at the Daily Worker cafeteria anyway.
Sounds about right, the Pandemic of crime the progressive asswholes have caused.......
Iv not had a good breakfast in any that iv been too.
Ate dinner at the Cracker Barrel in DesMoines couple weeks ago, it was fine.
Cracker Barrel here is pretty good, I'm not a fan of the apple smoked bacon though....
Simple...its because Portland is a crime and drug schitt hole.
Retail Theft is 168 Billion a Year Problem..

Throw in Business Climate and many businesses are Discreetly Moving Out trying to avoid further loss and the State and Federal Government Watchdogs..

No Needles, Poop , Urine Smell , Tarp Cities , Fighting with Crazed Darrel C . Licks
I don't think Cracker Barrel was a good fit in Oregon. They put the Portland one in Jantzen Beach, a place where it is tough for any restaurant to survive. I also think the store part of Cracker Barrel just wasn't of interest to most.
not into grits or biscuits and gravy anyway but my guess is the way you check out.

You have to go through the store with your bill, so my bet is people just walk out w/o paying.
Muat be a southern thing….

CB’s around here stay packed…

Better go early on Sundays…
Their rosin baked potatoes used to be the best thing goin.
Not enough GAY apparel for sale.
I haven't eaten at the Cracker Barrel in Billings a lot, but was very satisfied with the meals and service.
I drive past it on the way to my son's home quite often and the the parking lot is usually full----especially Sunday mornings.
This is the only time I have heard any negative reports on the business!
Originally Posted by slumlord
Further-most west Cracker Barrel we ever ate at was in some dusty shîthole in Utah

And they royally foucked up the entire order. The sweet tea even tasted like pond water. JFC

🤦🏻☠️🤯

The first one ever was at the highway 109 exit of I 40 in Lebanon, Tennessee.

They are like WalMart here. You could build one in the bottom of a rock quarry and the parking lot would be full of cars open til close. Maybe nobody out west knows how to cook.
They’ve dropped the haddock and cut the menu back here. Haven’t been in a while. Like every place service just ain’t what it used to be. When we pulled a camper it was the stopping place for us to eat.
I agree about the Cracker Barrels being packed here in the midwest and they normally have good food and service. We never hesitate to stop at one for lunch or breakfast.
Have a great day.
Jim
Some of the Tennessee guys will probably know about this. At the Colombia exit on I-65, there is a little restaurant called Stan’s inside a gas station. I like it better than Cracker Barrel.
There isn't one here but we've eaten at the one in Boise on occasion. We like it.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I have to suggest that a California dude probably knows diddly squat about Southern cooking.

Cracker Barrel is southern cooking?
I've eaten at one that's closing. Also at a few others. They're okay. Nothing to write home about. I prefer regular hashbrowns or home fries to the cheesy thing they serve.

Not sure why the one in Beaverton is closing. Seems like every time I drove by there the parking lot was full or close to it.

There's always a local breakfast place that's better. Just finding it is the trick.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I have to suggest that a California dude probably knows diddly squat about Southern cooking.

About as close as you’re likely to get in a chain restaurant.
Did Grubhub Cracker Barrel in Medford. Ordered chicken and taters.

Never again.

P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Never again.

P
Around here, you order chicken at Cracker Barrel, you get a half a fried chicken and it’s pretty damned good.
Not a fan ..
Ate at the Wilma Rudolph one in 2001 with the wife and kids.
While we stayed up at the geust house on post while we cleaned the rental we was moving into.

Slow service because of doting old waitresses with other customers, seniors mostly..

Average food.
Small portions
And price was too much for the avg quality and below avg sized portions.
Wasn't my idea to eat their that night...

🥴🥴🤦‍♂️🥴🥴

Think I ordered a Papa John's pizza when we got back to the geust house that night after some shopping spree .
Me and all the geriatrics love us some Friday night fish fry at the one here in town.

Gotta go early to get a seat, eat supper around 5:30, or else you'll be fighting for a table with Uncle Lesco and Aunt Bertie til dark.

Pepto Bismol sales at the Walmarks probably goes up 300% every Friday.
If I want some good corn bread wifey makes it in a cast iron frying pan Cracker Barrel ain’t got schit on that even got 2 rocking chairs on the front porch
Originally Posted by earlybrd
If I want some good corn bread wifey makes it in a cast iron frying pan Cracker Barrel ain’t got schit on that even got 2 rocking chairs on the front porch

Ok...
Viewing Portlanlds homeless nightmare probably isn't much of an appetizer
They could close the while chain for all I care, or change the name to Mediocre Barrel, so everyone knows what to expect.
One in Benbrook TX is terrific. Can't say I've eaten at any others. I'm one of those that like breakfast for dinner occasionally.

🤦🏻☠️🤯

Crapper barrel and most restaurants in Utah suck. Food never comes out hot because the wait staff is too busy chatting about fashion or other all important matters.

I try not to go out to eat when in Utah except for maybe In and Out for a burger. Nothing like going to Outback to get cold yet overcooked food at a premium. I sure enjoy watching my food sit in the window while the wait staff finishes their conversations. The one thing I like about Atlanta and some other southern cities is that your food comes out hot.

Market Street grille and a few Brazilian places are a few places in Utah you can get decent service and a decent meal.

Bb
Never have eaten at one.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Never have eaten at one.

You ain’t missing out.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Never have eaten at one.

You ain’t missing out.

Somewhat over rated and over priced.
Originally Posted by poboy
Not enough GAY apparel for sale.

Hahaha.tff. Winner, winner...
Our Louisiana CB’s are pretty good. Usually a big crowd on Sundays.

DF
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Never have eaten at one.

You ain’t missing out.
That's for sure.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

🤦🏻☠️🤯

The first one ever was at the highway 109 exit of I 40 in Lebanon, Tennessee.

They are like WalMart here. You could build one in the bottom of a rock quarry and the parking lot would be full of cars open til close. Maybe nobody out west knows how to cook.

can you believe they bulldozed the original one down? A gas station sits there now. I remember the original - it wasn't open when I saw it, just an empty building, but at one time it was painted all white.

My son worked at a cracker barrel. He never had any horror stories about it. We used to eat breakfast there but I like Bob Evans best of chain breakfast places
I've eaten at a couple traveling here in the west... not very good... Denny's is better.

Kent
Never been. You gotta be 65+ and they ID ya in these parts!
One of the times I ate there was in the evening and I had a very good catfish dinner. It was as good as my old man used to fry it. He grew up in Iowa and knew how to fix it!
Like Slum said....I bet they are better over east.
The further away from Tennessee you get, the worse the quality is. Us local folks have a habit of holding them to a higher standard. Back in 1980 when they had the high-backed chairs in the dining room, a waitress caught a coffee pot handle on my chair and dumped about half the pot down my back. I got some pretty impressive blisters. If I'd been a little more mercenary, I could have probably owned a BUNCH of Cracker Barrel stock! At least we got a free meal out of the experience!
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

🤦🏻☠️🤯

Crapper barrel and most restaurants in Utah suck. Food never comes out hot because the wait staff is too busy chatting about fashion or other all important matters.

I try not to go out to eat when in Utah except for maybe In and Out for a burger. Nothing like going to Outback to get cold yet overcooked food at a premium. I sure enjoy watching my food sit in the window while the wait staff finishes their conversations. The one thing I like about Atlanta and some other southern cities is that your food comes out hot.

Market Street grille and a few Brazilian places are a few places in Utah you can get decent service and a decent meal.

Bb

Another funny one...
My wife likes eating there. I consider it not very good and cheap tasting. Whenever she goes out shopping I encourage her to stop at CB for a meal. This way she can get it out of her system without dragging me inside with her.
Cracker Barrel is ok have ate there in several states some are better than others.
Originally Posted by Steve
I've eaten at one that's closing. Also at a few others. They're okay. Nothing to write home about. I prefer regular hashbrowns or home fries to the cheesy thing they serve.

Not sure why the one in Beaverton is closing. Seems like every time I drove by there the parking lot was full or close to it.

There's always a local breakfast place that's better. Just finding it is the trick.

Steve,

Bishops Cafe in St George, if you haven't found it yet.

Close to Sportsmans Warehouse.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Steve,

Hell, I was just at Sportsmans Warehouse a couple days ago. But it was closer to lunch time.

Thanks!
They do breakfast and lunch, no dinner
Those down here are good
Originally Posted by KFWA
can you believe they bulldozed the original one down? A gas station sits there now. I remember the original - it wasn't open when I saw it, just an empty building, but at one time it was painted all white.

My son worked at a cracker barrel. He never had any horror stories about it. We used to eat breakfast there but I like Bob Evans best of chain breakfast places

Cracker Barrel has good french toast, but the pancakes are better at Bob Evans.

The original Bob Evans is still open over in east Ohio, near Gallipolis. But it's nothing special at all. Same food as any other location. Kind of disappointing. Not worth stopping at, unless you are in Gallipolis and just want a plate of pancakes and bacon.
Originally Posted by auk1124

The original Bob Evans is still open over in east Ohio, near Gallipolis. But it's nothing special at all. Same food as any other location. Kind of disappointing. Not worth stopping at, unless you are in Gallipolis and just want a plate of pancakes and bacon.

you ever go to that Bob Evans festival they have in the fall?
I like Cracker Barrel. I never had a problem with their breakfasts and the corn muffins are made with real cornmeal. They also serve real maple syrup and that's a big plus to me. Their trout dinner is better than Red Lobsters and way cheaper. The CB's around here are packed for common meal times. Best to go off peak hours.
One of my favorite places to eat in Montana. Always good and I like the menu. Wish they would come to Bozeman, but not trendy enough for that liberal place anymore.
Bishop's in St George is fantastic. We eat breakfast there almost every time we drive home from Arizona. We stay at the Comfort Inn right around the corner.

We also eat at the CB in Spanish Fork on the drive down to Arizona. Get there about brunch time and sometimes have breakfast and sometimes lunch menu. I don't understand what some of you think about their food, unless you somehow expect Ruth's Chris fare at McD prices. I think we drive past at least five CBs between Ogden and Phoenix and we've eaten at four of them. Have never been disappointed.
Bishop's in St George is fantastic. We eat breakfast there almost every time we drive home from Arizona. We stay at the Comfort Inn right around the corner.

We also eat at the CB in Spanish Fork on the drive down to Arizona. Get there about brunch time and sometimes have breakfast and sometimes lunch menu. I don't understand what some of you think about their food, unless you somehow expect Ruth's Chris fare at McD prices. I think we drive past at least five CBs between Ogden and Phoenix and we've eaten at four of them. Have never been disappointed.
You get it. It isn’t a place you need reservations and a tie for. It’s a decent sit down meal cheap and fast.
Just try to get some country ham at one other than in the south...

Nope, never been. To be honest it sounds like the same old local fall festivals they have everywhere else. I could be wrong about it though.

Nope, never been. To be honest it sounds like the same old local fall festivals they have everywhere else. I could be wrong about it though.

We hit as many as we can - I really enjoy going to local town festivals. The Bob Evans one is always the same weekend as another we like to go to so I've yet to make it there.

That Pancake place there on the way into the city wasn't bad eats for breakfast.

Only thing I liked about Cracker Barrel, on the few occasions I ate there (3x maybe??) was that I could get greens with my order. Not many places serve greens.

Yeah,

haddock is a southern specialty.

caught fresh out back the restaurant.
Spicy grilled catfish over scrambled eggs............
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Yeah,

If it is breaded and deep fried in grease, it’s southern.

How is it I don’t know about Bishop’s? I lived in Cedar City for a number of years too. I’ll be passing through there in a couple weeks & will have to check it out.

Yeah,

Southern style/based food...smart ace grin
Originally Posted by Raeford

Yeah,

Southern style/based food...smart ace grin
Yessir,

that'd be me somedays.
I used to eat at a cracker barrel from time to time. Interesting country store type vibe... some of the food was pretty good. You can sleep in your RV in their parking lot which is nice...

Then about 30 years ago they tried to kill me. I was traveling solo in a hotel trying to decide if I should dial 911. Terrible food poisoning. Obviously I lived but I have not set foot back inside one in close to 30 years.
Honestly Cooking!

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🖕🖕🖕

I just don't understand?

Why go out to eat food like you make at home?
Or like Mom's?

Chances are they won't be as good as I'm used to. At least different.

Meat loaf, roast beef, roast turkey, mashed potatoes, anything Italian unless in an Italian restaurant....

I do not eat out.
Getting picky about where I get a steak.
Why pay some knotted 3x my cost to serve me something sub par, and expect a tip!

Folks bust on the fast food places, I'd rather get a fresh high speed burger than
some spongy, filler filled meat loaf or dried reconstituted potatoes.
That Pancake place there on the way into the city wasn't bad eats for breakfast.

Only thing I liked about Cracker Barrel, on the few occasions I ate there (3x maybe??) was that I could get greens with my order. Not many places serve greens.

Tom's Pankcake House. Yep. Better than Cracker Barrel, IMHO.

is Tom's the same as the Original Pancake House? I can only recall going to this one.

https://originalpancakehouse.com/images/locations/phloc_portland_pic1.jpg
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Honestly Cooking!

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🖕🖕🖕

I just don't understand?

Why go out to eat food like you make at home?
Or like Mom's?

Chances are they won't be as good as I'm used to. At least different.

Meat loaf, roast beef, roast turkey, mashed potatoes, anything Italian unless in an Italian restaurant....

I do not eat out.
Getting picky about where I get a steak.
Why pay some knotted 3x my cost to serve me something sub par, and expect a tip!

Folks bust on the fast food places, I'd rather get a fresh high speed burger than
some spongy, filler filled meat loaf or dried reconstituted potatoes.

I’m pretty sure you’re a woman. You ever find something you couldn’t bitch about?

is Tom's the same as the Original Pancake House? I can only recall going to this one.

https://originalpancakehouse.com/images/locations/phloc_portland_pic1.jpg

No. That's a different place. It's also very good. Or was the last time I was there about 30 years ago.
You'd have to be crazy to own a business in Portland after the leftist agony that has been brought to bear up there.
Thanks Steve.

Honestly doubt I'll ever be back in that area to look up the Tom's breakfast place.

I'm going to take your word that it's a decent one though.
About the "just cook at home" comment: If I have driven 300 miles and get hungry, do you expect me to turn around and drive back just to cook at home?
Only been once and it wasn't anything special or particularly good from memory.

Seems to me that Cracker Barrel is to old white folks like Panda Express is to a Chinaman.
Damn Yankees don’t know schitt from shineola about cooking or seasoning food so all the azzholes need is pizza!!
Your analogy is flawed, Justin. Unless you are saying that a Chinaman would like Panda Express.
I've eaten at a number of Cracker Barrel Restaurants in the southeast. Every meal has been very good and the service excellent.
Your analogy is flawed, Justin. Unless you are saying that a Chinaman would like Panda Express.

It's a poor mimicry of their respective culturally inspired foods but still probably the closest they can get to it in some places.
This is beginning to look like more an indictment on the general population of a given geographic area than on Cracker Barrel.

Panda Express is far better than Cracker Barrel.

It ain’t even close.

Chinamen like PE plenty.
Hard to imagine that some folks like things that other folks don't.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Never again.

P
Around here, you order chicken at Cracker Barrel, you get a half a fried chicken and it’s pretty damned good.

I believe most every time I’ve eaten at a CB it was In Tennessee, somewhere in Tennessee being about the halfway point between here and NY State. It’s always been breakfast.

Actually, I love the sound of a soft Tennessee drawl from a Waitress. Maybe they hire ‘em for that, they sound quite diff’rent at Waffle House, even in Tennessee grin
Originally Posted by justin10mm
It's a poor mimicry of their respective culturally inspired foods but still probably the closest they can get to it in some places.

So what makes Southern fried chicken notable?

P
Originally Posted by Sycamore

Steve,

Hell, I was just at Sportsmans Warehouse a couple days ago. But it was closer to lunch time.

Thanks!

Is this a thing? Our closest Sportsman's has a Cracker Barrel across the parking lot.
I live about as far way from Portland as can get and still be in Oregon. Good! I hope more chains close and shut down to teach those bastards a lesson. [bleep] em all up there
Originally Posted by Tesoro
I live about as far way from Portland as can get and still be in Oregon. Good! I hope more chains close and shut down to teach those bastards a lesson. [bleep] em all up there

Well, at least you can feel good about part of your taxes going into the $200 million for the homeless that just was passed by the Legislature. A lot of that will end up in Portland.
© 24hourcampfire