Home
The Terminator!

Therefore we are watching the 38th Governor of California in one of his greatest roles.

I'm explaining walk-man and pay phones...good times.

We might spool up Red Dawn for the weekend to show him some pre-Ukranian Wolverine badassness.

What are the mandatory films the young ones should watch at least one?

-John
We Were Soldiers once.
Platoon
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
Porkys.
Shane, Twelve O'Clock High, The War Lover, Zulu, The Ghost and the Darkness, Doctor Zhivago

Revenge of the nerds

Hardbodies

Fast times at ridgemont high
Original Topgun, Outlaw Josey Wales, My Cousin Vinnie, Patriot, Last of the Mohicans, Dirty Harry, Bullitt, Con-Air, Rio Lobo, Tombstone,
some of those titles will depend on his age.... lol. but all great suggestions
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Original Topgun, Outlaw Josey Wales, My Cousin Vinnie, Patriot, Last of the Mohicans, Dirty Harry, Bullitt, Con-Air, Rio Lobo, Tombstone,

Some great ones there!

I’ll add JW’s The Cowboys & Big Jake, and The Big Labowski and Stallone’s Rocky & First Blood, and Young Guns & Young Guns II

Back to The Future 3 would probably be one a kiddo would enjoy.

And Second Hand Lions is definitely a must see also.

Legends of The Fall is another great one, too.
Young Guns, Mad Max, Beverly Hills Cop
Debbie Does Dallas
Dog day afternoon
Godfather I & 2
Caddy Shack
Sand lot
Walt Disney's Fantasia, either the original (1940) or the part deux (2000, non-woke!) are suitable.
Blues Brothers
Animal House

Friday

Caddy Shack

Blues Brothers

Money Pit
The Lost Boys is on now…..
Sand lot and second hand lions are a must!
What do you call a short-sighted cowboy?

Squint Eastwood.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Shane, Twelve O'Clock High, The War Lover, Zulu, The Ghost and the Darkness, Doctor Zhivago

Add in Home Alone, Little Big Man, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, Last of The Mohicans, ET,
Ben Hur, Peter Falks the In Laws, Moses, Zulu, Peter Sellers The Party, The Searchers,

https://www.youtube.com/live/jJ1O3GPlavo?feature=share
Big trouble in little China, The Thing, Commando, Predator, Alien, Aliens, Weird Science, T2, all Mad Max’s, Death Hunt, Dirty Dozen, Escape from New York, Heat, Manhunter, Collateral, Public Enemies, Raising Arizona, O bother where art thou?, Fargo, Highwaymen, Hell or High Water,……. for starters anyway.
The Wind and the Lion
The Sand Pebbles
Kelly's Heros
M.A.S.H. - the movie
The Great Escape
Run Silent, Run Deep
Stalag 17
Forest Gump
The Shawshank Redemption
Wings - the original 1927 version
The Thing with Kurt Russell

Das Boot by Petersen
Conan the Barbarian

Smokey and the Bandit.

Cannonball Run I and II.
Jeremiah Johnson.
Jaws, Second Hand Lions, Jerimiah Johnson, the original Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark are all movies a young man should see.
Oh my gosh This brings back so many good memories. Our son is now 34, married with two great kids. But back when he was six or so we watched Predator and the little guy just couldn’t get enough of Ahhhnald killing the intergalactic space monster. The blood and guts in every scene just blew his mind, not to mention all the guns.

Our favorite line in the movie was Ahhhnald tracking the bad monster dude with the fluorescent green blood and saying “Eef eet bleeds, vee cahn keel eet “ ( If it bleeds we can kill it). To this very day if we are blood trailing a deer we have to recite that momentous line .

My wife hated to see our six year old son exposed to that much violence and really complained about it. So I dialed it back a bit. Every Wednesday night she had choir practice at church. He’d look out the window and as soon as she left the driveway he hauled butt to the VCR and popped in Predator, getting so excited he couldn’t sleep later that night.

Flash forward 28 years and our grandson is soon to be indoctrinated…
I'll throw in True Grit, Home from the hills, All quiet on the western front (original in B&W), Jeremiah Johnson, Little big man, Tombstone and Walking Tall, 1 and 2.
Not a mention of blazing Saddles yet I'm shocked
Secondhand Lions
The Gods Must be Crazy.
Originally Posted by OGB
Blues Brothers
ditto
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The Gods Must be Crazy.
Ditto again.

if only to see that South African gal in her undies!
Can’t believe nobody mentioned “Stand by Me”
Hatari!
Lots of good ones but I can't believe no one mentioned Cool Hand Luke (my personal favorite)
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Needs to be played in Congress.
Glad to see "Second Hand Lions", "Star Wars", and "Smokey and the Bandit" listed.

Of course anything Mel Brooks should be on the list. Nothing similar will ever be made in this nation again. Mel Brooks is a national treasure.

And, of course, "Animal House" must be included.
Lonesome Dove and A Night in Old Mexico.
Vacation
Where the Red Fern Grows
The Way Back
The Patriot
Lonesome Dove
Open Range
The Way
© 24hourcampfire