Home
Posted By: SupFoo Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Idaho on Verge of Becoming Fifth State to Use Firing Squads for Executions

Idaho’s legislature passed legislation allowing death by firing squad, stressing that this was passed by veto-proof margins.

This move sets up the firing squad as an execution option for instances in which the drugs for lethal injection cannot be obtained.

Utah firing squads consist of five prison staffers, all of whom use a rifle to shoot at a target placed upon the heart of the condemned individual. Four of the rifles are loaded with real ammunition while one is loaded with a blank. The five participants have no idea who shoots real rounds and who shoots the blank.

Execution by firing squad is currently legal in Mississippi, Utah, Oklahoma, and South Carolina.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...fifth-state-use-firing-squad-executions/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Simple, effective, and cheap.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Accubonds?
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
It's good it's veto proof our Gooberner just signed a bill that parent can't teach their children to drive
And put in on pay per view! Bet the can raise a boatload of $$ real quick!
Posted By: centershot Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
All in favor, say "I". "I"
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
The guy shooting the blank would know it's a blank due to lack of recoil.
Posted By: ndh19 Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Lead free ??
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
^^^^^fact^^^^

Thinking they should put the target in front of the forehead and use .22 CB Shorts.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
^^^^^fact^^^^

Thinking they should put the target in front of the forehead and use .22 CB Shorts.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Since you are not saving the meat, why not 5 rounds live ammo, wouldn't that be more humane?
I am a firm believer in the death penalty, but get a little cringey when they film the episodes of 'execution gone wrong'...rictus, body spasms, burning flesh and hair etc. when 'old sparky' takes a while...or more than one try to get it done. If prison employees are reluctant to volunteer, I would think the victim's surviving family members, if qualified, could provide volunteers.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Since you are not saving the meat, why not 5 rounds live ammo, wouldn't that be more humane?
I am a firm believer in the death penalty, but get a little cringey when they film the episodes of 'execution gone wrong'...rictus, body spasms, burning flesh and hair etc. when 'old sparky' takes a while...or more than one try to get it done. If prison employees are reluctant to volunteer, I would think the victim's surviving family members, if qualified, could provide volunteers.
frankly the culprits are almost never humane and frankly I don't care how long it takes. Crucified would be just fine with me.

Or as others have said. eye for an eye. Whatever you did is how you get it.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Originally Posted by ndh19
Lead free ??

Lead free = over penetration…
Posted By: mbhunt Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
I think this could end all the dick swinging arguments about which bullet performs best. Each execution could use a different bullet and after 30 to 40 executions they can put out a detailed report on which performed best!
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Welcome to the club Idaho!
Posted By: 1minute Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/24/23
Likely any small animal vet would have an ample supply of drugs about. Why waste good/expensive ammo?
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by flintlocke
frankly the culprits are almost never humane and frankly I don't care how long it takes. Crucified would be just fine with me.

Or as others have said. eye for an eye. Whatever you did is how you get it.
I agree 100% rost. I hope the SOB's suffer a lot. I am sure the ones they murdered etc. suffered.

Jim
I really don't care how they get it done, as long a it gets done.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Why not throw them to the lions in the coliseum?

You could invite the whole town.

....this country is getting weird.......sheesh.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
The decades-long lament of the Libtards: "What if they only 'wing him' and he limps away from it!!??!!??"
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Idaho on Verge of Becoming Fifth State to Use Firing Squads for Executions

Idaho’s legislature passed legislation allowing death by firing squad, stressing that this was passed by veto-proof margins.

This move sets up the firing squad as an execution option for instances in which the drugs for lethal injection cannot be obtained.

Utah firing squads consist of five prison staffers, all of whom use a rifle to shoot at a target placed upon the heart of the condemned individual. Four of the rifles are loaded with real ammunition while one is loaded with a blank. The five participants have no idea who shoots real rounds and who shoots the blank.

Execution by firing squad is currently legal in Mississippi, Utah, Oklahoma, and South Carolina.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...fifth-state-use-firing-squad-executions/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

just a guess , but it seems like 5# of confiscated fentanyl would suffice to execute 100 times as many people as are put to death every year, for the next 50 years, in the US.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
This Californian would vote for it.
Hell, I'd volunteer to be on the squad.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
The guy shooting the blank would know it's a blank due to lack of recoil.

They already figured out a way around that. Instead of blanks, they mount Leopold scopes on some rifles. So no one will know who actually hit the prisoner.
Originally Posted by Sycamore
just a guess , but it seems like 5# of confiscated fentanyl would suffice to execute 100 times as many people as are put to death every year, for the next 50 years, in the US.

Yep, and you'd have plenty of people who've been rescued from ODs with Narcan that could testify to it not being cruel and unusual punishment. Otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.
Posted By: Dre Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Frangible FTW.
But Honestly it be great to do bullet testing to see expansion and or penetration at different velocities.
How big is firing squad? You could do 10 different loads at once
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The decades-long lament of the Libtards: "What if they only 'wing him' and he limps away from it!!??!!??"
Shoot him again, duh!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by 1minute
Likely any small animal vet would have an ample supply of drugs about. Why waste good/expensive ammo?

Why waste good drugs?

I'd bet they have 50 pound of fentynal in evidence lockers.
Thinking a half ounce should lock a criminal up.
Death might not look easy, but they will be sleeping into it.
Posted By: drover Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Its a done deal - The governor signed the bill.

drover
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Bergers. 😁
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Matchkings - from 600 yards.
I see no problem with it whatsoever!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Public hangings used to draw quite the crowd back in the day...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Let everyone see it.

Even youngsters over 12 years old. Let them learn there are consequences. They are sure being taught in school they can do what they want because they are entitled...

Let 'em watch the guy do the flunky chicken and schidt his pants before he quits kicking. Valuable lesson.
Posted By: efw Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Make em televised and we’re another step back toward order and civility
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
I say shoot ‘em in the dik!
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
In all seriousness, this will do nothing to improve the current primer shortage.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by drover
Its a done deal - The governor signed the bill.

drover
Thank you, Gov. Little
Posted By: szihn Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
I'll deal with the primer shortage if we can have a felon shortage too.

A traitor shortage would be the best.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/25/23
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Matchkings - from 600 yards.

LOL agreed. Make the convicted a station at the next PRS competition. Turn him loose at 600 yds. And see how far he makes it.
Way to quick and efficient, the POS should be subjected to what ever they did to the victim .
Thirty years on death row on our dime, medical care that the Idaho citizen has to pay for while working and paying for their own medical insurance. It would be difficult for me to explain my disgust with a society that treats the vermin among us better than good people. But here we are and it seems to be getting worse ever day!!

Lj
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
In all seriousness, this will do nothing to improve the current primer shortage.

Haha, good one!
Posted By: shootem Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/26/23
Good argument here for buckshot. Wouldn’t be quite so much to bury. But I agree assayed fentanyl from the border is pretty much perfect. Draw up a quarter gram or so broke down in Clorox. Just so it hurts to go.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/26/23
If the objective is a quick and effective out, a half pound of Tannerite would also be quite efficient. Except the cleanup part, I suppose.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/26/23
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Public hangings used to draw quite the crowd back in the day...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Let everyone see it.

Even youngsters over 12 years old. Let them learn there are consequences. They are sure being taught in school they can do what they want because they are entitled...

Let 'em watch the guy do the flunky chicken and schidt his pants before he quits kicking. Valuable lesson.

Not so sure.
Posted By: blanket Re: Idaho on the Verge .... - 03/26/23
Pretty good argument why the dumb assets that make up the public should not be involved. Carry out the sentence as fast as possible
© 24hourcampfire