Home
Wife sent me this link. Not proficient enough to get the picture to post correctly.

Antlers are no joke. I always make sure the animal is down forever before anything else. Always.

Any antler stories?

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2023/03/27/elk-seen-wearing-a-mountain-lions-remains-like-a-hat/

Elk Seen Wearing A Mountain Lions Remains Like A Hat
Jacob Dillon·RIFF OUTDOORSVIDEOS·March 27, 2023

Nature is wild.

This stuff is always crazy to see.

Bull elk are absolute units of an animal. Weighing up to 1,000 pounds and sporting massive antlers that can grow over 5 feet and weigh over 40 pounds.

Mountain lions are the largest species of cat found in North America. Adult males can weigh up to 150 pounds, while females typically weigh around 100 pounds. Mountain lions have powerful legs and sharp claws that they use to take down prey and they are known for their ability to jump up to 20 feet in a single leap.

Mountain lions are one of the primary predators of elk in the wild. They will often stalk and ambush elk, using their powerful jaws and sharp claws to take down their prey. Mountain lions are opportunistic hunters and they will target both young and adult elk.

This bull elk had some fight though and was ready for this mountain lion clearly.

The elk is seen sporting the remains of a mountain lion tangled up in his young antlers. The short clip paints the whole picture clearly, as the hide of the lion sits stuck on the brow tines.

A warrior of an animal… and he is still young.

I think it’s safe to say he has earned his respect among the herd.
grin
I bet that keeps the girls away though....
And they say trophy hunting is something only humans do.
Hell of a photo, thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by TimZ
I bet that keeps the girls away though....

Are you kidding? Guy's a stud. Probably gets more ass then a toilet seat now.
I wonder what that smells like hanging next to his nose.
Pussy.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Victory
Very very few elk weigh 1000 pounds if any . More than likely the bull came upon a dead cat and he,started to horn it..

We al have seen photos of deer and elk caught up in swing sets. Doesn't mean they liked to swing.
Originally Posted by shortleade
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Victory

^^^ yup^^^
Wasn't that guy at J6?
Originally Posted by SupFoo
[quote=TimZ]Probably gets more ass then a toilet seat now.

LMAO, never heard that saying before, I will be using it fo sure!

KB
© 24hourcampfire