Home
That bought a truck and drove it home and 6 weeks later figured out they bought 2wd versions🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️Are people this fugkin stupid or what?
Yes. They are.
Yes.
YES!!
Yup they are. And...it's someone else's fault lol
2wd ??

not many of those on my turf

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
But it's a truck, it's not 4 wheel drive? Of course some people are that stupid
Majority of the so-called trucks today are nothing more than cars with large open-air trunks.
Originally Posted by htredneck
Majority of the so-called trucks today are nothing more than cars with large open-air trunks.

And more capable as ever.
Have you seen what about half the country supports?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
They drink bud light.
Thank our wonderful public education system.
I've never done it, but having truck shopped for couple years, I could understand how a mistake like this could happen.

In my day, 4x4's sat higher, many times had larger tires, distinctive hubs that protruded from the front wheels, & had a distinctive, magic 4x4 engagement lever in the floor.

Now? name a distinctive feature that points to any of the older signs. It's all gone. Looking for a small 2H, 4H, 4L knob on the dash is about all ya got.
Originally Posted by gunzo
I've never done it, but having truck shopped for couple years, I could understand how a mistake like this could happen.

In my day, 4x4's sat higher, many times had larger tires, distinctive hubs that protruded from the front wheels, & had a distinctive, magic 4x4 engagement lever in the floor.

Now? name a distinctive feature that points to any of the older signs. It's all gone. Looking for a small 2H, 4H, 4L knob on the dash is about all ya got.
One could take a gander at the front axle or whatever they call it these days.

Book it. These folks have absolutely no use for a 4wd truck.
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Salesman screwed them, but that's because the buyers let them.
Know a guy that did that with a new 4Runner.
Never seen a 2wd around here, didn’t even know they were offered as such. Moved to Florida and found “a hell of a deal” and brought it home. Went to lock it in at a boat ramp and found out why it was cheap🤣
Never, ever underestimate the stupidity of the American public.
4 wheel drive trucks with open differentials are actually 2 wheel drive.

Most never know the difference. It's not 4 wheel drive unless you have front and rear locking differentials.
Originally Posted by earlybrd
That bought a truck and drove it home and 6 weeks later figured out they bought 2wd versions🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️Are people this fugkin stupid or what?

2wd = Grocery Getter.

Statistically, 80% of 4-Wheelers never get off pavement.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Never seen a 2wd around here, didn’t even know they were offered as such. Moved to Florida and found “a hell of a deal” and brought it home. Went to lock it in at a boat ramp and found out why it was cheap🤣
Toyota is notorious for disguising their 2wd as 4wd to your eyeball.
Originally Posted by SupFoo

2wd = Grocery Getter.

say whatt ?

tikka - just stop that chit, right now! Or I'll have to come down there, and you don't want that!
The ones that don’t notice that it’s actually 2WD VS 4WD are the ones that probably don’t really NEED a 4WD
Originally Posted by navlav8r
The ones that don’t notice that it’s actually 2WD VS 4WD are the ones that probably don’t really NEED a 4WD
Out of the 2 one actually does
When I was young my dad bought a 1 ton Crew Cab Ford Tank with the 400 engine in it.
My Brother had a Jeep CJ7 with the 302 in it.
We were going out on a Father Son Church Camp out and my Brother started bragging to my dad that he could get to places that my dad could not with his 4X4 over my dads 2X4 truck.

My dad just shook his head and told my brother that were we were going he would get there just fine.
My Brother replied back to him
Ya and it will take you hours longer to get there.
My Dad just chuckled a bit and said y itl take me a bit longer.

Well I went with my Dad , My older brother was to good for me.
We left about an hour after my Brother and as we were driving through the mountains my Dad was chuckling a bit at times.
I asked him what was so funny.
He told me that I would see when we got to camp.

Well we got to the Camp site and my Brother jumped up and started rubbing it into my Dad that He had set up all the tents hunted down all the firewood and had dinner ready for us when we got there because his jeep was so much better than my dads 2X4 truck.

My Dad a quiet guy just started chuckling.

Then he told my Brother that with his truck he could go anywhere he wanted to go with it and as long as my he (my Brother) was going he would have camp all set up and dinner on his plate when he got there.

I was pretty young back then and my Dad showed me an entirely different side of him on that camp.

I had a different look at 4X4 vehicles after that.

His Truck with the Stick Shift granny gear in it was a beast it was heavy and strong and it was hard to get it stuck unless there was deep mud.

I have driven 2X4 vehicles into places that guys with 4X4s had a hard time with.
You just need to know how to drive and know the vehicles limitations.

I have a Jeep Wrangler and a 1 ton 4X4.
Most of the time I drive them in 2X4 and the only time I really put my 1 Ton in 4X4 is when I am towing my Gooseneck Trailer on the dirt road to my property in Arizona.
I do not have to use the 4X4 but it is easier for me to just dig in and crawl up the steep hills pulling the trailer than it is getting a running start to make it up them.

Driving on 4X4 roads in 2X4 is some of the funnest times that I have had off roading.
You get to see if you know how to drive or not.
Many even vote Democrat--- there's just no limit to the stupidity of people.
Know a young guy that bought a new Tacoma Pre Runner only to find out a little later that it was 2wd.

It happens.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Know a young guy that bought a new Tacoma Pre Runner only to find out a little later that it was 2wd.

It happens.
Old Toot and a young guy

LOL
Drat, shoulda bought a 4x4!

Originally Posted by SamOlson

Gotta love those diesels in that mud.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Or same w GM and thier 2wd Z-71.
I suppose some blokes take a gal back to their place from the bar only to find out they didn't get what they bargained for a little too late. Always check under the hood first.
In Wyoming, if you wanted a 2x4 pickup, you would have to special order it, none to be found on lots, dealers can't sell 'em.

OTOH, in Southern Arizona, you might have to special order a 4x4, most sales are 2WD, which is mighty strange because if you get off the pavement you are likely to stuck in the sand.
I had a buddy that bought a Z71 Tahoe back in 2004 that was RWD (2WD). I was like WTF, the Z71 is the off-road package. Yep, skid plates, off-road shocks, but they came in 2 and 4 WD versions. FGM.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Complete with heavy bumper.

You just push through until it bottoms out.

I can dig it that pickup out of certain snow and ice situations but you can't dig it out of mud!
I just ordered a 2 wheel drive Chevy. When I told the salesman I wanted a 2 wheel drive work truck, 2door with an 8 foot box, they $hit a brick. "We don't know if we can do that". I went on chevy.com and spec'ed it out. I ordered a V8 and was told it might not happen.

So, who ever doesn't want their 2 wheel drive pickup, send them my way. Yes, people can be that dumb.

kwg
LOL, I don't know if the situation was funny or the way you told it. Good job! Hilarious.

Can’t say. But I will bet a fat roll of $20s that they are from the city.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Complete with heavy bumper.

You just push through until it bottoms out.

I can dig it that pickup out of certain snow and ice situations but you can't dig it out of mud!

Ya think? laugh

Tractor time!

Are people this fugkin stupid or what?

They are also called democrats..
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

The old "PreRunner" trim package. Just a tall 2wd, hardly a long travel prerunner like one would think. I don't know if they still offer it.
Remember that the majority of America rolled over and pissed themselves because of a cold virus. Nothing shocks me anymore.
Lemme guess - 1/2 ton, crew cab, stubby box.
They all think someone else is looking out for them. And yes, thats stupid. Occasionally I handle smaller commercial rentals where I deal with the general public or very small businesses. Not only do they not read the fine print, they don't read the bold print. Even when you try to take the time to fully explain how things work they sometimes act like your wasting their time. I hand them a 20 page commercial lease and they just want to sign it without reading it. It doesn't take very long before they are bitchin about something or are in trouble. I am always relieved when they take the lease doc and get back to me with questions.
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Salesman screwed them, but that's because the buyers let them.
I could see people buying a truck and never asking the salesman if it had 4wd. Or never requesting a 4wd.
It would be tough to do that where I live. Almost impossible to find a 2WD truck on a lot.
I’d be willing to bet they bought the only 2wd on the lot. Hard to find them here. But that said I can see how they could do it if thry just assumed and didn’t ask. As someone noted above, they look exactly the same now. Even as late as the late 90s my truck had a shifter in the floor for 4wd. Now they just have a little knob or button stuck somewhere on the dash where you will never notice it until you start looking for it.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’d be willing to bet they bought the only 2wd on the lot. Hard to find them here. But that said I can see how they could do it if thry just assumed and didn’t ask. As someone noted above, they look exactly the same now. Even as late as the late 90s my truck had a shifter in the floor for 4wd. Now they just have a little knob or button stuck somewhere on the dash where you will never notice it until you start looking for it.

That and they are a lower ride height then before as well.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
"But the wheels are really big!"
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Out of the 2 one actually does
Tell him (err...her?) that 4WD will just get him stuck further back off the road. smile

2wd = Grocery Getter.

Around here it's all 4WD with 95% being nothing more than grocery getters.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
4 wheel drive trucks with open differentials are actually 2 wheel drive.

Most never know the difference. It's not 4 wheel drive unless you have front and rear locking differentials.
True of older rigs, yes. Since about 2007, every pickup (I know nuttin of suv's) I know of has the anti skid braking computer tied into the 4 wd computer and unbeknownst to the driver, any wheel that the wheel speed sensor detects as spinning...the anti skid computer will feather the brake on that spinning wheel diverting power and torque to the wheel that has traction. In my experience it works pretty well in 98% of situations, not as good as ARB or double Detroit Lockers, but at least you can steer the pickup...which is a novel feature when you are on an outsloped slick road a thousand feet above the canyon bottom.
Throw some wheel spacers, a lift kit and some bigger tires at it and his fellow suburbanites / project dwellers will be calling him "my buddy with the big truck"
My garbage truck has 4 wheels and flies.
I have a buddy that was about to sign the papers on a new Toyota Tundra when he asked the salesman where the 4wd switch was. Turns out the truck was 2nd so obviously the deal was off instantly. He said he didn’t know they made trucks that weren’t 4wd, he thought that was standard with every truck so he never thought to ask.

2wd = Grocery Getter.

I feel sorry for people that never get off of pavement, that is where all of the adventures begin and are.

Bet you all of these people that were stupid enough to buy 2wds thinking that they were 4X4's all voted for Biden, just saying.

KB
30 years ago I owned a jet-ski rental.
I've had people waiting to ride before I opened around 7:30am, WaveRunners sitting sideways on a car hauler trailer. Or WaveRunners sitting back away from the water 10-15' on windy water choppy days.
Grown men/women 20-30-40-50 years old , climb up on the trailer or mount-up on the WaveRunner sitting on the sand - start the machine up - bumping the throttle and totally puzzled why it isn't coming off the trailer or across the sand and into the water.

It doesn't take much looking to see that there are HORDES of simpletons in society.

Another example that baffled me, project managers in-college son got a summer job on the jobsite - I was the superintendent. I had a battery delivered for the street sweeper, told him to install it. He had no idea where it went, I told him, he didn't know how to open the rear hood, I told him how. He didn't know how a ratchet worked - he didn't know what a 'back-up wrench' was or did. Once I thought I had him lined out it was taking him way too long - he had the socket on the end of the bolt - not the nut. I left him there turning the bolt for 5-10 minutes. Asked him if he knew how a nut and bolt worked - answer - No not really.
When I got to know his dad Drew Martin/Choate Construction- I realized where the sons intellect came from, plus his dad was a lying back-stabbing POS.

The tumbleweeds in the seatbelt slot is a nice touch.

Closest I ever got to no 4WD in a pickup was thinking about a test drive I asked the salesman to look inside, no button for 4WD. I started it, turned the wheel to the lock, got out and looked, no shaft to the hub. Thanks but no thanks.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
It would be tough to do that where I live. Almost impossible to find a 2WD truck on a lot.

And if there are, you can get a heck of a deal on them. I've bought several 2wd farm trucks, and saved quite a bit of money. Good tires are a must, but the best part of a 2wd farm truck is that employees don't do stupid crap they shouldn't do for fear of getting stuck.

I swear some guys engage the 4wd before they engage their brains.
Originally Posted by 700LTR
They drink bud light.

And shoot a 270 or a 6.5 Creedmore
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

And if there are, you can get a heck of a deal on them. I've bought several 2wd farm trucks, and saved quite a bit of money. Good tires are a must, but the best part of a 2wd farm truck is that employees don't do stupid crap they shouldn't do for fear of getting stuck.

I swear some guys engage the 4wd before they engage their brains.

Back in the 70s and 80s a 4WD was a rarity and we drove the schit out of two wheel drive farm trucks all over the place. Keep your speed up, get a good head of steam if something looked iffy, and don’t stop for nothing.
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Yes. They are.
Bingo bongo.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
They drink bud light.

And run a wicked 20v chainsaw......lol

Our grocery getter 1 minute ago. Had it buried deep enough this morning I couldn't open the door.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
I know someone that did that with an SUV, drove it for months and didn't discover they were stupid until winter.
They drink bud light.

Our grocery getter 1 minute ago. Had it buried deep enough this morning I couldn't open the door.

Sam, one of my College buddies bought one of the first Ford 3/4 Ton 7.3 Diesel pickups he could find new in about 1995. In a 2 wheel drive version. 😬
He farmed / ranched in SE TX. He spent the better part of the first month or 2 either buried in or stuck in the mud, as he would pull into the pastor or a field and the weight of the engine and the big ass Ranch Rand front bumper would cause his front end to sink, if it was “wet”. 😬 Tried to tell him he needed a 4-wheel drive version, but he said he’d never needed it before and damn sure wasn’t going to pay the extra for 4WD. 🤪
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
They drink bud light.

Sam, one of my College buddies bought one of the first Ford 3/4 Ton 7.3 Diesel pickups he could find new in about 1995. In a 2 wheel drive version. 😬
He farmed / ranched in SE TX. He spent the better part of the first month or 2 either buried in or stuck in the mud, as he would pull into the pastor or a field and the weight of the engine and the big ass Ranch Rand front bumper would cause his front end to sink, if it was “wet”. 😬 Tried to tell him he needed a 4-wheel drive version, but he said he’d never needed it before and damn sure wasn’t going to pay the extra for 4WD. 🤪

The 7.3 Fords can't climb out of a gopher hole in 2wd and are almost as bad in 4wd. My SIL bought a 4wd one new in 2002, a crew cab 1-ton, and I love his truck, except for the fact he has gotten stuck in my driveway, turning around on some soft dirt...true story.
C, people love to talk chit about Ford but that '15 F350 hasn't let us down yet.

Knock on wood....

And I sure as hell don't miss fighting this mud with a DRW!

Ol' Red Rocket has been hooked up to a gooseneck all winter.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
They drink bud light.

The 7.3 Fords can't climb out of a gopher hole in 2wd and are almost as bad in 4wd. My SIL bought a 4wd one new in 2002, a crew cab 1-ton, and I love his truck, except for the fact he has gotten stuck in my driveway, turning around on some soft dirt...true story.

Bruce, Hope you are well my friend !
I bought a 2001 F350 Super Crew 1-Ton long bed without dual rear wheels new in 2001. Got a heck of a deal because it was “last year’s” model and wasn’t a dually.
The Dealer installed a Super Chip in it for me and and ran like a scalded ass Ape ! It was back when we were still hauling our cotton to the Gin in Cotton Trailers, before we went to modular bales. I’d hook to to 2 trailers tandem and laugh my ass off while Dad was struggling to pull one trailer with his ole 92 3/4 Ton Chevy 2500. Was fun watching him eat my dust all the way to the Gin. 🤠

Never got stuck in it in many years of farming/ ranching, & hunting CO, NM, WY, and MT Mulies in the snow.

But I learned many years ago to put it it in 4WD “high” gear, long before you though you might “need it”. And gain plenty of momentum before going through the muck. 😬

Wished I still had that truck. It was still running great with 250K on it before I traded it in in a new King Ranch Version 6.7 Diesel F-250 3/4 SuperCrew shortbed. 🤪

My FIL at the time bought a 7.3 in the late '80's, I think, before they even put a turbo on it. Took it hunting the first time, that was an eye opener. I bought a 2wd Tacoma a few years later, and I could go way more places with that 2wd than he could in 4wd. My 6.9 Cummins was the same way. Great truck, but sucked for hunting. Once it started sliding on mud, there was almost no stopping it.

I'm a big fan of small, light weight pickups. The big 4 door diesel behemoths have their place pulling, but not in the back country.
Originally Posted by Dutch

My FIL at the time bought a 7.3 in the late '80's, I think, before they even put a turbo on it. Took it hunting the first time, that was an eye opener. I bought a 2wd Tacoma a few years later, and I could go way more places with that 2wd than he could in 4wd. My 6.9 Cummins was the same way. Great truck, but sucked for hunting. Once it started sliding on mud, there was almost no stopping it.

I'm a big fan of small, light weight pickups. The big 4 door diesel behemoths have their place pulling, but not in the back country.

If I was buying a small hunting truck nowadays, I’d try to find a 4-wheel drive Chevy Colorado like Renegade50 has. Be better than a SXS AWD bug. At least it would have a heater and a A/C. And be MUCH Cheaper. 😬
A good limited slip differential makes a big difference too. I hardly ever need 4x4 in my Dakota because it's lightweight, has good tires and I know how to let the limited slip lock up. When you hit a slippery spot and the tires start spinning, let off the gas and feather back onto it. You'll feel the tires lock back up and regain traction. I've tried the same trick with the F350 but it doesn't work. A wet spot of grass on a slight incline is enough to get it stuck.
Plan B.

The people claiming, they don't know they don't have 4WD - are pulling your chain!
I always go over the Build Sheet when truck shopping. Not only 4x4, what Motor is in it, Tow Package, Limited Slip Rear Axle, All the Coolers, etc. I am Not a Ford Fan. We currently have a 2017 RAM 3/4 Ton Quad Cab with 6.4 Hemi. The wife is at Horse Camp with it as I type this. We still have the previous Truck a 2005 RAM 3/4 Ton Quad Cab with a 5.7 Hemi. My every day driver is a 2013 2-door Wrangler MOAB. Most of the time when I use four wheel drive, it is to save the tires on steep hills on gravel roads.

The truck before the 2005 was a 1998 RAM 3/4 Ton, 4x4, Extended Cab w/Cummins Diesel. I learned a lesson about reading the build sheet on that one. Some idiot ordered it with an open rear axle. I never dreamed in my area that a dealership would have ordered that truck without a limited slip rear end. We sold it about six years ago when we got the 2017. I saw it on the road last week. Still going strong. It had around 315K on it six years ago when we sold it.

Bob R
Jake's 48 Jeep is a two wheel drive, I've sat stuck watching one front, and one rear spin. laugh
Worst I EVER wound up in mud with, was a 1 ton dually 2WD - owned by the electrical contractor I worked for.
Had that flatbed loaded with wire, conduit, and fittings.
Mine's a No Wheel Drive - It's a Coaster.
© 24hourcampfire