Anybody watching?

Who ya got?

Who ya want to win?

Best post season of all the sports

In my pool, I went with Boston to win it all but really hope the Oilers win
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
So that's where Valsdad been hiding.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
I am staying true with tampa bay no fair weather fan here. anyone but the leafs.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
NJ Devils should be a strong contender. Avs too beat up to repeat.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Trying to find a streaming platform has been difficult, ESPN+ has gone dark.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
I don't know how the Oilers messed that one up, they had the Kings down....a couple penalty's near the end and a goal in overtime.
Its the Oilers and the Jets for me.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Feels like it is a race to lose to Boston this year but........seen favorites toppled before holy cow what a ridiculous season they have had.

Go Stars...long shot but healthy and finished strong. Down 0-1 though.
Posted By: bluffview Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Playoff hockey is great!

Go Bruins!
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Boston has to be the favorite going in, but playoff hockey is a different world. Tighter checking slows down the speed merchants.

Alas, I have no dog in the fight this year. May the season be a free for all.

KC
Posted By: Valsdad Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Originally Posted by FatCity67
So that's where Valsdad been hiding.
Fuggin AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY.

Too many games goin' on at this time, between 2 and 4 a day.

Told my hockey buddy last night I either need two sets going or a 32 hr day.

Two recorded from yesterday I haven't had a chance to watch yet, and more in the lineup today.

Worst part, them fuggers on the ESPN channels always posting the scores of the other games up on the screen during the game I'm watching. Don't them bastids know that spoilers suck. And it's 2023 and folks record games for later and they can find the score them? Dumbschiedts
Posted By: Valsdad Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Originally Posted by BoltactionMan
Boston has to be the favorite going in, but playoff hockey is a different world. Tighter checking slows down the speed merchants.

Alas, I have no dog in the fight this year. May the season be a free for all.

KC
And the zebras change their gameplan too.

Lotta stuff not getting called in the games I watched last night.

So, a bit more clutching and grabbing, the odd "shove" from behind that during the season was called a cross check.

No clear favorite here, the Sharks were out of the picture by November.

But, hockey buddy and I think it would be cool to see a Canes/Stars final so that either Burns or Pavelski finally gets a Cup.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
Best playoffs in sports
GO BRUINS
As far as an American team, I like the Rangers, watching it now, then the Jets and Vegas.
I hate Vegas.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/18/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Put a groin cup on that Mr!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/19/23
Watching the rangers now. Devils better step it up
Posted By: 06hunter59 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/19/23
I live for Playoff Hockey!
I think the Bruins will go the distance this year barring any critical injuries.
I'd like to see Kane put the Rangers on his back and take them all the way. But I believe those days are behind him.
Toronto NEEDS to at least win a series! 7 seven straight opening series losses!
Oilers or Avs out of the west.
My Blackhawks are 2-3 years away.........
Great hockey last night!
Hope tonight doesn't let me down!!
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/19/23
Lindgren resurrected the the 3rd goal that got called back. Devils better changed something real fast...
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/19/23
go Tampa 3-0 leafs
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
Any of you guys see Barron of the Jets get the skate cut near his eye? Then he got stitched up and came back out with a cage, you could see it was still leaking and looked like it was a couple inches long. shocked

It was pretty bad, but could of been alot worse, we don't need something like what happened to Clint Malarchuk.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
That game isn't on here with my set up. Nice brawl at the end of the first with the canes.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
Rooting for stars. Oettinger is a family friend.
Posted By: Rufe Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
I love NHL playoff hockey. No favorite since the Red Wings didn’t make it into the playoffs. Just love to watch the talent.
Posted By: 270cowboy Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
Bertuzzi just as cheap as his uncle Todd
Glad Boston lost
Posted By: cotis Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
Boston is amazing this year, but the playoffs are a different world. Florida put a thumping on them in game 2 tonite. I am going out on a limb and saying Avalanche for the repeat. Tampa is my 2nd choice
Posted By: BCBH Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
I have the Stars beating the Lightning for the cup.

I have TB beating Boston in round 2 and Canes in rd 3.

I have Dallas beating Avs in rd 2 and Edm in rd 3.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/20/23
Well Stars pulled one out last night. Hintz hat trick was something.
Posted By: roverboy Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/21/23
Does Fox Sports air any hockey?
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/24/23
Oilers series is tied 2-2

All of those games start at like 10pm here

Im draggin ass at work
Posted By: grouseman Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/24/23
The first game in Winnipeg against the VGK was incredible. Tied it up with seconds left in the third after being down 4-1, then double OT. The arena would have exploded had the Jets won it.
Posted By: Ndbowhunter Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/24/23
i'm sorta back into it seeing how many players pushed back against the gay stuff.

big Bertuzzi fan.

him and my cousin were the only guys not to get jabbed. the media crucified them and they stuck to their guns..
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/24/23
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916

Im draggin ass at work
I thought the Oilers were done after it was 3-0 in the 1st period, great comeback to win.

The Jets deserve to win a series, it would be good to beat Vegas, I'm still pizzed these expansion teams get a better than average start and are in the playoffs in their first year or two.

Not like when the Islanders and others came into the league and actually had to play the long game and build a team, imo.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/24/23
Originally Posted by 673

Im draggin ass at work
I thought the Oilers were done after it was 3-0 in the 1st period, great comeback to win.

The Jets deserve to win a series, it would be good to beat Vegas, I'm still pizzed these expansion teams get a better than average start and are in the playoffs in their first year or two.

Not like when the Islanders and others came into the league and actually had to play the long game and build a team, imo.

Im the lone Oilers fan in a sea of Red Wing fans here

Didnt' the Islanders win like 4 cups in a row not long after they came into existance?
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/24/23
BRUINS
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/25/23
Originally Posted by 673

Im draggin ass at work

Im the lone Oilers fan in a sea of Red Wing fans here

Didnt' the Islanders win like 4 cups in a row not long after they came into existance?
I was wrong on how the expansion teams worked back then, but I looked it up and the Islanders won 12 and lost 60 their 1st year. It took them 7-8 years to become great, I miss the hockey from that era.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/26/23
Nothing wrong with hockey from this era. Exciting games. NHL did a great job of adjusting rules to make it more about the skill players- and that is a good thing.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/26/23
Not many Leafs fans here ........ I'll go 1st. smile
Posted By: sqweeler Re: NHL Playoffs - 04/26/23
Islanders would've won 5 in a row but the NHL pulled the 2 at home 3 away bullchit on 'em.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/01/23
Wow this really is a ______my wife keeps saying Mercury is in retrograde now I know what that means. Bruins with the best record in the league with 65 wins loses to a team that just barely made the playoffs, "I love a game 7 no matter who wins and add overtime to that it can't get any better. "There a better team than us just not tonight" Go Panthers you deserve it for the way you played.
There must be something in the boston water it reminds me of the season where the New England Patriots won 16 reg season games in a row a perfect season and got beat in the last game the super bowl.

And if that weren't enough last years Stanley cup Champions The Colorado Avalanche, got eliminated in round one by
The Seattle Kraken "WHO I never heard of them" that's because they are A two year old team. WOW Just WOW maybe my wife is on to something.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/01/23
Krakheads pulled off a game 7 win in Denver !!!
Posted By: horse1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/01/23
I was pulling for the Wild. It'll be interesting to see if any of the late-trade 1-yr guys get re-signed and what they do w/Dumba's 6Million.

While watching one of the earlier games they showed Kaprisov walking into the arena in MLPS for game 6 and his walk was "off", almost looked like someone who'd had spinal fusion. I know nearly everyone still playing @ this time of year is banged up, but, suspect we'll find out Kaprisov was injured pretty good. Maybe just bruised or broken ribs I suppose but he hasn't been the same since sitting out a month @ the end of the season. The Wild should be contenders for some time to come, they've got a great core of young guys signed for a good while who'll just be hitting their stride when they're out from under $15million in Suter/Parise buyout $$ in 2 yrs. Suter is laughing all the way to the bank getting $10MM-$11MM/yr between MN and Dallas salaries.

With the Wild out, I don't have a favorite now. But I'll still watch a bunch of the games for the amazing things yet to be done.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/01/23
I'm really enjoying the playoffs. Hoping either the Leafs or Kraken win it all.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/01/23
I was so elated to see Boston get outed by the 8th seed last night. Hate Marchand. Dirtiest player in the league and was surprised he could play 7 games without taking a suspension. Islanders out, woo hoo. Now if only the Rangers get sent golfing tonight, the world will be at peace again.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
I wouldn't mind seeing the panthers take it all. I haven't really followed the krakens, and the canes will fall in the next round. I really hope the Devils send the rangers packing.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
Biotch weasel is out of the playoffs, focused on buying junior sized suits. Plenty of time over the summer to practice the super badass licking and spearing techniques.

Cry baby cry

Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
How could this be happening to me.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
Finally getting to see some of the games. Toronto hanging tough with Lightning, Florida never saying die and tonight’s Devils complete mastery of a game 7.

Boston sucks but I think the Law of Averages caught up some. To only lose 12 out of 82 …… the playoffs aren’t the place to get your first losing streak

KC
Well that completes the trifecta, The Devils had't won a playoff series in 11 years. Go Panthers
Posted By: SuperCub Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
Round Two ...... Buckle up!

It's too bad TO didn't get to play Boston in the 2nd round. That would have been a HUGE series.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
I think the Rangers are screwed for next year. The went out and bought up the best free agents on the market because they thought they had the team to win the cup. They can't keep all those guys and will have to rebuild again.

I was disgusted with my team, the Penguins. Started off the first part of the season being unbeatable and just went into the crapper. Last few games of the season were just horrible. The won't address the goalie situation and they keep changing lines. Can't build chemistry if they don't play together.
The Pens had not misses the playoffs in 15 years.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/02/23
Stunned Boston is out. Surprised Kraken took Avalanche- but am glad for it. Stars -Edmonton would really harken back to glory days and I will be rooting for that.
The team on our Conference that scares me most is Vegas but Stars are playing great and are healthy.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/03/23
Go Panthers. If you want a good laugh watch the leafs guy LFR "Leafs Fan Reaction" after every loss I think his name is Steve Dangle SP?
better yet I will post it in the morning when it comes out on youtube.
Posted By: Skankhunt42 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/03/23
Originally Posted by KSMITH
I think the Rangers are screwed for next year. The went out and bought up the best free agents on the market because they thought they had the team to win the cup. They can't keep all those guys and will have to rebuild again.

I was disgusted with my team, the Penguins. Started off the first part of the season being unbeatable and just went into the crapper. Last few games of the season were just horrible. The won't address the goalie situation and they keep changing lines. Can't build chemistry if they don't play together.
Was at the last Pens home game. To say is was a disappointment is an understatement.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/03/23
Joe Pavelski's hat trick...... he is a great player.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/03/23
I meant 4 goals for Pavelski LOL
Posted By: akpls Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/03/23
Kraken just scored in OT to take Game 1.....5-4.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/03/23
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/07/23
Originally Posted by BCBH
I have the Stars beating the Lightning for the cup.

I have TB beating Boston in round 2 and Canes in rd 3.

I have Dallas beating Avs in rd 2 and Edm in rd 3.

BCBH- can you change your picks please? I want the Stars to win it! lol

I was going to say these semi final series are hard to call but then look at the first round.

Florida looking like they have the juice at the moment. Taking home field advantage is big and I don't see the Devils overcoming the Canes.

I was giving LV a slight edge over Edm but will be more excited for an Oilers Stars matchup for old time sakes.

You could still have Edm- Dallas right and the cup finalists correct. I am pulling for ya!!!
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/10/23
Bump on this- no one following? ? ? ?
Stars won and looked like the Kraken of two nights ago. Do not know how that happens.
LV up on Oilers as I suspected. not over yet.
Florida 3-0 against the Leafs....just....WOW...what a run they are having.
Carolina just waiting to finish off NJD.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/10/23
I am glad I am not a betting man I would have lost my shirt, It sure is fun to watch all they upsets.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/10/23
I am still rooting for the Oilers even though they sucked the last game. Not sure how a team (Kraken) with 2 years into the league could be a Stanley Cup contender, but here we are, go Dallas.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/10/23
Stars fan here - rooting for Oilers....for now he he ...
Posted By: Valsdad Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/10/23
Originally Posted by 673
I am still rooting for the Oilers even though they sucked the last game. Not sure how a team (Kraken) with 2 years into the league could be a Stanley Cup contender, but here we are, go Dallas.
The same way the Vegas Golden Knights became "contenders" quickly.

Their entry drafts were set up so they could obtain good players. Established teams were only able to protect 3 (I think?) players from being drafted, except perhaps those players with no movement contracts.

This allowed those two most recent entries to the League with an instantaneous advantage over other expansion teams from the past.

The NHL loves "parity", and wants every fan base to think they have a chance to win a Cup every year. And due to the toughness of accomplishing that for any team, it almost makes it believable once a team gets into the postseason show. Look where Boston is after all, they're playing golf or fishing already.

I'm sort of rooting for the Stars for another reason, not just to get Seattle out. I want the Stars to go through from the West and the 'Canes to make it from the East so that either Burns or Pavelski gets a Cup and can retire if they choose to.

Most of those other dudes without a Cup have a few more years and chances in them. Not Burns or Pavs.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/10/23
Anyone else kind of perplexed about the lack of "playoff style" hockey this postseason?

Broadcaster in the Kraken game I just finished watching on the DVR was saying there have been 7 games so far where a team had a 4 goal LEAD. Not 4 goals total in the game, 4 goals ahead of the other team.

I'm old school when it comes to the playoffs. Shutdown hockey by both teams, final scores in the range of 1-0, 2-1 and such. None of these games with 10 total goals scored. That's supposed to be the total scored for a whole series.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/11/23
Valsdad - I applaud your wanting the old guys to get a shot at the cup. Shows proper sportsmanship thinking. Kudos.
Style is inexplicable this year for sure. I mentioned the last two Sea-Dal games. It was like the same game with switched jerseys. Not the usual overtime games in a row for the Stars playoff-time either.
I like scores to be more than 1-0. Give me 3-2 or the like but I gotta admit I wasn't complaining watching Pavelski score four in his return.
Least Oilers tied the series and Leafs didn't get run out. Would add to things if that series somehow went 7.

Any predictions for tonight guys?

Where is BCBH? I wasn't ragging him. just funnin'. I would like him to chime in.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/11/23
I have to agree a 4 goal lead is not playoff caliber hockey.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/11/23
Leafs are still in it. Hanging by a thread, but still .....

Go Leafs Go!
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/13/23
Wow 50 plus shots on goal and still could not make it happen, come on did anyone really think the leafs could pull it off with there track record in the playoffs.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/14/23
Why does it seem often when one team tallies a lopsided amount of shots on goals it is the other team that manages to score on the few shot they get?

I think it was Gretsky that said something like " you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - and I get it but I see this phenomenon of less is more inexplicably pan out too. Maybe it just seems like that.
I guess one would need to look at ...what do they call 'hi percentage -or quality shots' in the nhl now?

Is it just me? Wonder if hammering one goal leads to opportunity for fast break 3 on 2's on other side or ....something?

Not happy Kraken send Stars to game 7. Oettinger has been awesome after let down games. Hoping that trend doesn't break.

Sorry about your Leafs. Oilers the only Canadians left- pulling for them....a little.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/15/23
WOW every team that had a better record or was favored all got eliminated in the first round, I have never seen anything like it. I say it ends up the panthers VS Vegas and the panthers take it.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/16/23
I wanted the Kraken to win just to add to this freak show well congrats stars, good luck against Vegas you are going to need it.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/16/23
I hope it's Vegas and Florida in the cup
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/16/23
Dallas and Florida, yawn.
Posted By: BCBH Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/16/23
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Where is BCBH? I wasn't ragging him. just funnin'. I would like him to chime in.

Sorry, just seeing this. Hey now, I have 1 correct team in each conference final lol.

I was getting nervous that there might be a Panthers/Kraken Finals LOL.

I'm impressed w Seattle's turn around. It's up there with NJs this year. Both teams were crap last year.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/16/23
Devils and krakens impressed me also, especially SEA. It's hard for a 2 year team to end up in the playoffs. And they played great.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/17/23
I don’t watch that shiet anymore, come to think of it I never did!
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/18/23
Riveting.

So, anyway….

Go Stars! Game 7 v. Kraken was something.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/19/23
OK I can go to bed now after 4 almost 5 OT periods 6th longest game in NHL history, Go Panthers.
Posted By: BoltactionMan Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/19/23
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I don’t watch that shiet anymore, come to think of it I never did!
Sooo……..why are you here

KC
Posted By: Whelenman Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/19/23
Just in case some of you guy are some of those guys post this about the NFL. And just for giggles!
Quick question since they played they equivalent of 2 games plus shouldn't they be leading the series 2-0, inquiring minds want to know.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/19/23
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Quick question since they played they equivalent of 2 games plus shouldn't they be leading the series 2-0, inquiring minds want to know.

I like that idea
I was surprised to learn that the VGK roster consists of 17 players from Quebec, not just Canada but Quebec specifically.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/20/23
When the game went into OT, I thought great no sleep again tonight. Thank god I only lost 1 min and a half of rest.

Panthers and VGK it is.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/21/23
It's Deja vue all over again.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/21/23
I used to hate Florida, and Tkachuk too, but now like both of them. Tkachuk is a beast and I have never seen anyone leave the ice the way he did tonight LOL...2 overtime goals wtf??

A great game tonight, very entertaining.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/21/23
Don't forget the VGKs game is at 3:00 est in they afternoon tomorrow
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/21/23
Just read an article on the Staal Brothers. Pretty cool they are playing each other. Didn't know a 4th was a coach in the AHL. Parents are hiding out in the basement til this round is over...lol
Posted By: Valsdad Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/21/23
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Just read an article on the Staal Brothers. Pretty cool they are playing each other. Didn't know a 4th was a coach in the AHL. Parents are hiding out in the basement til this round is over...lol
The fourth brother actually played in a couple of NHL games. I think against or with the other three. I'd have to look it up, might have been for the Canes a decade or more ago.
Originally Posted by 673
I used to hate Florida, and Tkachuk too, but now like both of them. Tkachuk is a beast and I have never seen anyone leave the ice the way he did tonight LOL...2 overtime goals wtf??

A great game tonight, very entertaining.
3 so far this post season, no?

Or was one of his with Calgary?
I was surprised to learn that the VGK roster consists of 17 players from Quebec, not just Canada but Quebec specifically.
Should you not have stated that in French then? crazy
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/21/23
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
The fourth brother actually played in a couple of NHL games. I think against or with the other three. I'd have to look it up, might have been for the Canes a decade or more ago.
Jared Staal got called up by the canes for a couple games about 10 years ago
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/22/23
Having played Hockey I can tell you the more games you play in overtime the more it becomes just like the 4th period, and it is not as much of a big deal. it allows you to play your game and not be so focused on the fact that it is overtime.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/23/23
I don't they will have mercy on them like they did the leafs 4 and done.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/23/23
Florida is looking pretty solid.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/24/23
Terrible game last night for Stars. Do not know what Jamie Benn was doing getting ejected in first two minutes///at HOME ...... just dumb. Oettinger not looking himself ...down 0-3........not much hope here. OT has killed Dallas. Two blown leads in first two games is in their heads.

Florida - Vegas looking more and more likely and at 11-4 and 11-3 in playoffs respectively I will begrudgingly say they have earned it.

Still.....go STARS.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/24/23
For a captain of the team to do that shows poor leadership, and for a captain to do that to the other captain of the team is probably one of the most unprofessional things I’ve ever seen
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/24/23
Hard to argue that.. Would never have expected it - it was surreal. A lot of jawing must have been going on between teams but that is why you elect a Captain, because he should handle those tough situations. No excuse and my first thought seeing it was - Captain no more. This will leave a stain on his legacy. I saw no head hunting or targeting from the Vegas players.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/24/23
Worst cup year I can remember.4 team's that should'nt even be there. Boring.
His still hangs in the balance the ieague might suspend him for the next game. Stone the capitan and the rest of the team made it worse for Benn by not retaliating, those two quick goals hurt more than any sort of rough playing would have accomplished.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/24/23
Originally Posted by sqweeler
I agree.
Bettman got what he wanted.

The Dallas game was the worst playoff game I have ever watched, ever, and one of the all time worst games I have ever seen...3/4 or more of the fans left the building.

Its iffy penalties, stick swinging, no fighting, high scoring, fake injuries, everyone can shoot the puck now because of the sticks, guys getting concussed from a shoulder check almost every game, have fugged the game imo.

Alot less lip, gum flapping and stick swinging when Dave Semenko, Clark Gillies and friends were on the ice. I am one of the only guys I know watching hockey at this point in the playoffs, that's saying something. I will still watch because I'm stupid.

Bettman doesn't care because he is after a new market, the pos.
As far as new fans Good luck with that Bettman, we are basicaly the last generation of fans there is not enough new blood to sustain a league, lets not kid ourselves it takes a nuclear family to raise a hockey player and there are fewer and fewer of those. And the ones that are left will not be able to sustain the cost to raise a future hockey player from mosquito to pro.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/24/23
As far as new fans Good luck with that Bettman, we are basicaly the last generation of fans there is not enough new blood to sustain a league, lets not kid ourselves it takes a nuclear family to raise a hockey player and there are fewer and fewer of those. And the ones that are left will not be able to sustain the cost to raise a future hockey player from mosquito to pro.
You aren't joking on that one, just like most know. My daughter has only been playing for 7 years (she's 12) and I ask her all the time, why not soccer?
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/25/23
I am not saying they would have rallyied back from there 2-0 defecit but he sealed there fate with that stunt.

well deserved

https://theathletic.com/4548683/2023/05/24/jamie-benn-hearing-nhl-playoffs/
I don't think there is a more painful way to lose, but hey to the victor go the spoils.

If you go down 3-0 There are only so many cinderella stories, and they have all been used up.

Congrats Panthers on to the cup.
Posted By: DiabloBlanco Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/25/23
Originally Posted by sqweeler
For a team that "shouldn't even be there", the Panthers won DECISIVELY in the playoffs! 9 W- 1 L, 24 points as opposed to 16! Guess THEY really wanted it! Leafs and Hurricanes learned something over the last two weeks, cuz they probably thought the same thing......the size of the dog in the fight thingy.......!!!
GO PANTHERS!
I really hope VGK end it tonight there is nothing to gain by prolonging this misery, Stars just cry uncle and go out with some dignity.
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/25/23
A tough loss for the Canes, outshooting the Panthers every game, Bobrovsky was incredible, I never paid any attention to him before, but will now.
I'm a new fan of Tkachuk and Montour, I think VGK and panthers will be a good hockey series.

Panthers for the win!
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/25/23
How the hell the Panthers NOT deserve to be there?? They beat a team with the best record in hockey history on their home ice in a Game 7, then blew past Vancouver then SWEEP the other number one seed.
Vegas doesn't deserve it? They finished with best record in conference and look to be headed to the cup after so far kicking a damn fine Dallas team.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/25/23
I really hope VGK end it tonight there is nothing to gain by prolonging this misery, Stars just cry uncle and go out with some dignity.

They showed how much dignity the fans have in game 3.
I see your point, but I was reffering to the rest of us. It never fails true colors always come out with adversity.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/26/23
I have changed my mind and my outlook on this series, I hope they rally back and take it to six or even seven games.
My take on this is the more games they play the more they beat on each other, and will have nothing or very little left in the tank for the finals. Mean while the Panthers are resting up healing there wounds and will be ready to go against whoever.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/26/23
I don't know about that. Resting is great to a point but playing keeps a team sharp.

Stars played an "A" game last night and it still took overtime. Least they avoid the sweep. Can't see three more in a row.

Will seem strange but thinking odds makers at this point will have the lowest team seeded in the playoff as the favorite in the Cup finals.
I think game 5 will be a blowout with the home Ice advatage and the crowd roarin, I am sure they were surprised at dallas
energy last night and it took them off guard.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/26/23
I kinda think Vegas was sandbagging to get the win at thier own barn.

Could be good for panthers, guy that are beat up have time. They can study Vegas and practice
I concur with that.
Posted By: deflave Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/28/23
You f a g s watching this?
Posted By: 673 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/28/23
I just saw Dallas whip some Vegas azz.
Originally Posted by 673
I just saw Dallas whip some Vegas azz.

Vicious.

By the way, Canaduh is done in the NHL.

LOL
I hate Vegas.
Originally Posted by 673
I hate Vegas.

Panthers went through the Leafs like a fuggin' lawn mower.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 673
I hate Vegas.

LOL
I hate the leafs too lol
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673
I hate Vegas.

LOL
I hate the leafs too lol

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Florida all the way, but I also like Dallas.
Dallas fans have a real good draft pick in Logan Stankoven, who should be in the lineup next season, a local kid from Kamloops and the Captain of the Kamloops blazers. Western hockey league's player of the year, not very big, but can sure put the puck in the net, lucky fans.

Who here thinks Dallas can take Vegas this series?

Its because of the shytee teams in the USA most of the good players go south lol
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/28/23
The way Dallas is rebounding....who knows

Florida will take it all though
Last night’s game was something else but the odds are not in Dallas’ favor.

Hope they do it though. Would be fun to watch.
Posted By: cotis Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/29/23
I think Dallas has a chance. Home for game 6, I really believe this is going to 7. I am afraid they will suffer a letdown after winning 6 and lose on the road. That and a dollar will get you a small fry at McD's, what my opinion is worth.

I really want Dallas vs. Florida. I believe Florida will win it all, they have been resting as the other two are wearing each other out.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/29/23
Last night’s game was something else but the odds are not in Dallas’ favor.

Hope they do it though. Would be fun to watch.
You mean we agree on something you marvelous bastard you!
Posted By: Jcubed Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/29/23
Dallas has momentum and are getting Benn back...could get interesting!
Posted By: packrat77 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
5-0 Vegas. 13 minutes left.
Posted By: deflave Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Zero doubt you find this game "interesting."

LOL
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
6-0 Vegas.

I say Florida will take in game 5 of finals
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
I guess Jamie Benn will have let his team down twice,
I guess Jamie Benn will have let his team down twice,

Maybe they'll erect a statue of him at the Alamo.

Texas loves their losers. LOL
Posted By: Jcubed Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Zero doubt you find this game "interesting."

LOL

Can't watch it anyway.

Maybe I can catch some of the Finals.

Enjoy everyone.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
Last two home games for Dallas.......jeeeesh. Worst of the season.

Congrats Knights. They were the better team.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: NHL Playoffs - 05/30/23
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Congrats Knights. They were the better team.

Indeed they were/are. I was impressed with their play against Edmonton, and again in this series against Dallas. I'll give the Stars credit for clawing their way back to force Game 6, but they weren't just out of gas after the win in Vegas on the weekend, they were running on fumes.
Four teams in NHL history have come back from 3-0.

It can certainly be done, but not by a pack of Texans.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/03/23
Good Luck Panthers, although it has nothing to do with luck.
Posted By: deflave Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/04/23
Yuuuuge
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/04/23
I still say panthers will take. Maybe game 5 but all Florida for the cup
Both teams look strong but Panthers look unshakeable.
Posted By: Joel/AK Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/04/23
I understand pulling the tender to get another forward in but dam, usually it doesn't end well. Panthers didn't really have a choice but still....
Las Vegas might be the most obnoxious creation since the state Massachusetts.
Posted By: packrat77 Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/06/23
Pretty lopsided tonight. Go Vegas.
Posted By: deflave Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/06/23
Ass whoopin’.
Posted By: granitestate1 Re: NHL Playoffs - 06/06/23
I don't know what happened to the Panthers, that is not the same team that beat Boston,Toronto, or Carolina.
© 24hourcampfire