Home
Posted By: Buck720 JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
Why do people use JM stamped no longer made as a sale pitch? Anyone that knows anything about guns knows marlins are no longer made!
Posted By: RAM Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
Because the idiots on Ebay pay stoopid money for some JM marked items. The enterprising Sellers say, give the people what they want and now rubber dog crap with JM on it will sell to some idiot.
Posted By: Slavek Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
The pre-safery ones chambered for .45-70 are light enough nice handling lever rifles. The .30-30s are crowbars and Model 39 .22 are huge heavy crowbars. I do not understand the appeal of Model 336 or Model 39. I could probably live with Marlin lever gun chambered in .35 Remington. From what I remember the microgroove rifling made for accurate rifles.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
Originally Posted by Slavek
The pre-safery ones chambered for .45-70 are light enough nice handling lever rifles. The .30-30s are crowbars and Model 39 .22 are huge heavy crowbars. I do not understand the appeal of Model 336 or Model 39. I could probably live with Marlin lever gun chambered in .35 Remington. From what I remember the microgroove rifling made for accurate rifles.

The 1895 is a 336 by another name. Same size.

Any weight difference could be the bigger 45 caliber hole in the barrel compared to the 308 caliber 30/30.
Originally Posted by Buck720
Why do people use JM stamped no longer made as a sale pitch? Anyone that knows anything about guns knows marlins are no longer made!

Because for awhile when remmington made marlins (remlins) they sucked. So the JM stamped guns were gereally preferable. I have a couple JM marlins and one "remlin" that is actually quite good but also had one that was not. Now that Ruger has taken over if you are looking for a variation not yet produced then your looking for an old stock marlin and a JM would be a better bet.
You spelled stamped wrong.

Signed…… Rockyraab.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
Originally Posted by Buck720

Because for awhile when remmington made marlins (remlins) they sucked. So the JM stamped guns were gereally preferable. I have a couple JM marlins and one "remlin" that is actually quite good but also had one that was not. Now that Ruger has taken over if you are looking for a variation not yet produced then your looking for an old stock marlin and a JM would be a better bet.

^This. The JM stamp is your sign that it's pre-Remlin.

As for "no longer made".... that's not entirely true. New1895's and 336's are here.
Posted By: EdM Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Signed…… Rockyraab.

Brilliant.
to me it only matters if it has a safety, which is automatically a JM gun if its without. IMO the later remington made guns where good guns. to me it just depends on the gun and that takes looking at. I have a 1980 marlin 336 and its not a perfect gun either.
Posted By: Slavek Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
I would look for pre-safety guns because gun owners hate extra safety features. Another KOD are "Please Read...." or large print commonly called "Bilboards". I can hardly wait until Ruger production catches up with demand.
N o n s e n s e .
Nephew’s “JM” 336 35R failed to fire TWICE costing him a nice Whitetail buck. Happened again after he got down out of the stand to check it. Firing pin design Sux. No Thanks.
Posted By: kennyd Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/09/23
I have a 70s JM 336 in .35 beecause I found one for 300 and always thought I wanted one. What I find is it is an snawer to a problem I dont have; rainbow trajectory, and picky about OAL so a .357 bullet wont feed, and the microgroove has no throate.
I would look for pre-safety guns because gun owners hate extra safety features. Another KOD are "Please Read...." or large print commonly called "Bilboards". I can hardly wait until Ruger production catches up with demand.
Do you have felony convictions which preclude you from owning firearms? Or has it been a personal choice?
I've got a like new xt22 22 mag I'm going to sell. I was pretty surprised when I saw what they're bringing.

Bb
My first Rifle was a JM 3030. the sights weren't mounted on top of the barrel and you had to squeeze the lever to shoot it or the action would pop open. It was a cheap poorly made gun with zero quality control. It was a Christmas present so I was stuck with it for a while. I never wanted another Marlin.
I own a couple of original marlins. 30/30 and a 39A 1941 birth model!
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Signed…… Rockyraab.

You spelled Rockyraab wrong
~ RockyRaab

laugh laugh
Because you’re a stupid twat. That’s why
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Do you have felony convictions which preclude you from owning firearms? Or has it been a personal choice?
LOL

Good one I da hoe
Posted By: Slavek Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/10/23
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

You should get lever action repeater if you do not already own one. It will be legal to own longer then semi-auto with detachable magazine. I recommend old Savage 1899 with internal rotary magazine. If you are patient and have enough 💸 I recommend one in .358 Winchester. Winchester lever guns in .356 and .307 are also well worth seeking out.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/10/23
Never owned a marlin 336. I prefer the Winchester 94's. Neighbor has a 336 in 30/30 and doesn't like Winchester's because of the top eject.

I guess it is about personal preference.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

You should get lever action repeater if you do not already own one. It will be legal to own longer then semi-auto with detachable magazine. I recommend old Savage 1899 with internal rotary magazine. If you are patient and have enough 💸 I recommend one in .358 Winchester. Winchester lever guns in .356 and .307 are also well worth seeking out.
Mmmmkay
If you think people pay a lot of money for JMs, look what Midway is asking for a new 336.
I I do like my 336 44 mag , it's a good shooter .

[Linked Image]
Nice 44 mag. I always wanted one of those, the first deer I killed was with my uncles Marlin 44 mag.!
Posted By: Slavek Re: JM stampede no longer made! - 05/10/23
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
If you think people pay a lot of money for JMs, look what Midway is asking for a new 336.

New Arrival at place called Midway a Keltec P15 $800 🤪
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Damn
It retails for $1239. Fugk Midway
Originally Posted by MPat70
Never owned a marlin 336. I prefer the Winchester 94's. Neighbor has a 336 in 30/30 and doesn't like Winchester's because of the top eject.

I guess it is about personal preference.

Very much so. I've had both, and prefer the Marlin.
© 24hourcampfire