Home
Local dealer only has a couple available.

ONLY $75k (taxes and out the door)... BETTER HURRY... VERY LIMITED STOCK!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lol
Posted By: BMT Re: GREAT DEAL on a new Ford F-150 - 05/19/23
Sigh . . . .

I am turning into my dad! (LOL)

I paid $88,500 for my first house, many trucks now exceed that.

BMT
DANG - I paid 32,000 for my first house!
Fugk that farm use tags till mine kicks the bucket
Ridiculous ! I don’t drive trucks that require full coverage insurance .
We're currently shopping for a crossover ute or a four door sedan. Finding something that (a) doesn't have a CVT transmission and (b) is 30 grand or less, is damn near impossible.

The middle class is very deliberately being priced out of reliable, new transportation.
I just got home from a short trip I made in my 18 year old F-150. 78K miles. 4.2 V6, manual, long bed. Runs and drives great. I gave $9500 for it 6 years ago and thought it was too much at the time. But it was low miles with the drive train I wanted and it was a long bed.

It's hard to find just a good old work truck these days.
I would not ever buy a ford 270 ever. You could not even give me a ford 270!
WTF where's the rainbow fugging paint job long as you are getting it up the butt. Jfc
Crazy!

A new truck would be nice but at 75k it doesn’t really do anything that my 18 year old Toyota doesn’t do besides look better. I’d rather have the extra disposable income for my Roth and toys.
This is the last of the GASOLINE trucks... y'all better get the memo right quick.
I bought a 2010 F-150 extra cab long bed 4x4 with a blown motor at auction. Put a reman motor in it. All in cash I have @$9850 + my labor. I’m coming up on 11,000 miles and it runs perfectly. I can’t see me ever buying a new truck.
You can still buy a new 4X4 crew cab 1/2 ton under $50K. Around $40K for a new 4X4 crew cab Ranger with more payload and towing capacity than a significant number of 1/2 tons. They are making them a little bigger starting in 2024. Will essentially be the same size as an 80's era F150. Granted that is still a lot, but nobody has to pay $75K unless they just want to pay for a lot of stuff that I have no need for. Heck you can go over $100K if you want to.
Posted By: EdM Re: GREAT DEAL on a new Ford F-150 - 05/20/23
Given what I see on the road around here plenty are buying new trucks and SUV's.
Originally Posted by EdM
Given what I see on the road around here plenty are buying new trucks and SUV's.

Same here, new or very nearly new trucks/suv's everywhere I look.
The top of the line Chevy/GMC sure look great but not $75 - $100K great.
Ram 1500 v6 crew bighorn 4x4 are being advertised around here for $39,000.
My youngest son told me he wasn’t making payments on something that sat parked in the sun all day and the dark all night! He said that’s what buying good used vehicles are for.
Posted By: BMT Re: GREAT DEAL on a new Ford F-150 - 05/20/23
I paid $3,900 for my 2003 F250 in 2012. I have put another 115,000 since then.

Its gonna keep going till they stop making parts.

BMT
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I paid $17.500.00 for my house....40 years ago after the oil field bust.
1/2 ton Chevys are less than $85k... around here.

AMAZING DEALS...

Buy, Buy, Buy!

3/4 ton and 1 tons under $130k.

FJB!
It’s that AM Radio that drives the price up huh!
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I just got home from a short trip I made in my 18 year old F-150. 78K miles. 4.2 V6, manual, long bed. Runs and drives great. I gave $9500 for it 6 years ago and thought it was too much at the time. But it was low miles with the drive train I wanted and it was a long bed.

It's hard to find just a good old work truck these days.
I ordered a new Chevrolet work truck. 2 wheel drive, 2 doors. I was told it may be October before I see it. I also ordered it with a V8. That may not happen. I will be greatly disappointed if it is not a V8 since I got the tow package with the truck. It appears the 2 door, 2 wheel drive trucks are few and far between. As per the salesman, they are not building the 2 door trucks right now. Anyway, $43,000 and my only real luxury is satellite radio.

kwg
It can haul TWO hay bails (square bails) easy peasy!

FUGG ME... it even has a "Gear Tunnel".

WOW!
I bought my 06 4 door 4x4 f-150 at a repo sale for $2700. Had it almost 5 years now. Everything works, no rust, burns no oil, and runs like new.

I think I’ll pass on the new model.
An 04 F350 4x4 crew cab manual 6 speed long bed diesel at 256k miles. I will drive it till it dies.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Hold my beer....lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Farm bought this used 2015 with 155k miles, 6.7, well maintained pampered phone company pickup, right before Covid....$19k. Another 15-16k for the bed, delete and some tires/mods.

Super bargain and it's been a great workhorse.
What percentage of truck owners haul hay at all?
Originally Posted by EdM

Or anything substantial?
(on a regular basis...)
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by EdM

Or anything substantial?
(on a regular basis...)

Yep. My Tundra sits unless I am going out to the range to shoot (bumpy dirt road), hunting or a need a load of mulch or firewood. It sucks gas like crazy so sits unless needed. Maybe 3k or so a year.
Posted By: BMT Re: GREAT DEAL on a new Ford F-150 - 05/20/23
I would bet 40% are work trucks.

30% are family/towing/boat/camper trucks that are daily drivers also.

30% are daily drivers.

I have a daily driver that gets used for hay/feed/utility for the 900 spoiled, groomed, babied equine pet.

BMT
Originally Posted by EdM

No hay. But I have to haul other stuff on occasion. If I didn't I wouldn't have a truck.

A guy I know has one of those Harley Davidson edition F-150s,..nice truck. He has a fiberglass cover over the bed that never comes off. Last year he bought a rotary tiller and asked me if I would haul it home in my old F150. No big deal. I did it. But I was wondering the whole time why he chooses to have a pick up as his only 4 wheeled vehicle. He wouldn't dare haul anything in it.
Hence my reply to Sam.
So, if believed, the average age of a vehicle on the road today is 12+ years, older average age than its been in a long time.
Originally Posted by EdM
Hence my reply to Sam.

Yeah. My wife occasionally disparages my old F-150,...suggests that I buy a nicer pick up. I tell her that mine in the perfect pick up. It's ugly enough that I don't worry about hauling stuff around in it yet it's in very good mechanical condition.
I have a 99 4WD F150 that resides north. Bought new when we lived in Kansas and sees a couple thousand a year there, thinking 120k currently. I prefer it over my Tundra.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by EdM
Hence my reply to Sam.

Yeah. My wife occasionally disparages my old F-150,...suggests that I buy a nicer pick up. I tell her that mine in the perfect pick up. It's ugly enough that I don't worry about hauling stuff around in it yet it's in very good mechanical condition.

For years I've been suggesting to my wife to ditch the Explorer and get a nice F150.

Nope she says.

Why not?

Because you'll start using it and get it all dirty and messed up....

She's not wrong.

lol
Originally Posted by BMT
I would bet 40% are work trucks.

30% are family/towing/boat/camper trucks that are daily drivers also.

30% are daily drivers.

I have a daily driver that gets used for hay/feed/utility for the 900 spoiled, groomed, babied equine pet.

BMT
That sounds about right.

Everyone in my neighborhood has a truck and most are used for commuting to work and occasionally hulling a boat, ATV’s, or a camper. For everything else it’s generally the wife’s Traverse or something similar that is used for the day to day.

Myself included which is why I can’t see a $75k truck payment.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Myself included which is I can’t see a $75k truck payment.

Other than for taxes no way Jose.
Ford has gone woke

or so I heard here the other day.

Y'all gonna need to find another truck brand to go along with the new flavor beers you have to drink because of ..........................Bud Light
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ford has gone woke

Y'all gonna need to find another truck brand to go along with the new flavor beers you have to drink because of ..........................Bud Light

Geno, 'problem' solved.

My favorite beer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Right - we paid $10,500 for our first house and the next year bought a slightly used 2 year-old Impala for $1,500. Never, ever, would have expected anything like current reality.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ford has gone woke

Geno, 'problem' solved.

Dude!

I figured you'd have gone the Keystone Ice route.

WOW!

Know nothing about these because have zero interest, but my engineer bought one, drove it 6 months and sold it for $35k more than he paid.

WOW!

Hey, it sounds off a bird chirp when you lock it with the fob and has faux “vegan leather” seats.
My wife and I both drive Toyota LC's. Well, hers is the Lexus version. So I need a truck sometimes to get sheet goods or lumber. It's a F150 standard cab with a 8 foot bed. Two wheel drive with lock up 3.73 rear end and the Coyote engine. Fun to drive because it will scoot.

I always get comments at the Home Depot when the helpers load 8' plywood and shut the tailgate.
Originally Posted by Gibby
My wife and I both drive Toyota LC's. Well, hers is the Lexus version. So I need a truck sometimes to get sheet goods or lumber. It's a F150 standard cab with a 8 foot bed. Two wheel drive with lock up 3.73 rear end and the Coyote engine. Fun to drive because it will scoot.

I always get comments at the Home Depot when the helpers load 8' plywood and shut the tailgate.
My last work truck was similar. I always wanted to run it through a standing 1/4 mile. It was fast!!!
Originally Posted by EdM
My favorite beer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That is a great countertop... What gauge copper did you use?
Insane, unless you have money to throw away. I can buy a 20K truck that will do the same thing for the next 10 years.
You think those F-150's with the tiny engines are fast now, wait until they get that light weight, rainbow paint job!

You'll want to buckle up though because they LOVE "getting rear ended"
When I was in second grade at St Bridget school in Richmond... Sister Mary (my teacher) taught us children about supply and demand.

Each child got one piece of candy and one rutabaga to start... and Sister Mary left us alone to learn free market trade.

In the end... I had all of the rutabagas (or at least most of them... as I recall many years later).

I will never forget that life lesson.
My 2018 Colorado ZR2 just hit 101,000 miles wife wondered why I hadn't looked at new ones yet, in fall 2017 my fully loaded Colorado was 46k now the new ones the dealer has now are 58k+!

I will be keeping the 2018 for another 5 years!
© 24hourcampfire