Home
I did, service number, ER176339764, Staff Seargent, ret.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How many served your country in the armed forces?

USAF, August 58-August 78, retired E-7.
20 years active duty Coast Guard then 18 as a civilian.
Army, 1988-2020.

Old70
USAF 1984-88. Did my 4 years and got out. I loved my 4 years in Cheyenne, Wyoming, at FE Warren AFB, the only AFB without a runway!

I hunted and fished a ton while I lived there. I liked Wyoming so much I stayed another 6 years.

Wabi,
You got your SSN in PA, I suspect. Posting it on a forum might be a mite less than smart.
RB

Joining and completing a 8yr MSO drilling in the NG or Reserves to be untouchable draft wise ain't fuuuking retired.......

It's called ETS......
Never served. I was interested in the Marnies and an infantry role with an eye towards being a Scout Sniper. That probably would have been pie in the sky as far as qualifying. I have no idea what the qualifications are but no doubt a lot of recruits signup hoping to qualify for that role.

The Marines probably would have been a great experience and have put me ahead a few years in life at a time when I could have used it.
So, how do you know that is the correct number? laugh
63-69 USMCR E5
USN. Enlisted Dec 04 1988. Retired Apr 30 2014 as a Chief Petty Officer.
I was rejected by all 5 branches of the military. At age 17 I had a separated meniscus & was born with flat feet. Reckon that had something to do with it.
U.S. Army and proud of have served my country.
My brother Jim told me to not join the Marines. He was a corporal..
Yep
24 years SOF, 05BSW9, 11A, 38, 37 and 53 after starting as E1 last of the draftees, no student deferment and retired as a Major.
Semper Fi
I am impressed.
Navy, 21 years. July ‘72 to June ‘93.
We fired a few 105 Howitzers.
USMC 68-71, RVN 69-70.

Semper Fidelis.
"At ease disease, there's a fungus among us."
24 years between active and national guard

kwg
Joined Army NG at 18 got out when I was 20 never made it to basic. But if I did I would’ve been the best damn SSgt in basic training!
US Army, long time ago. Flew a chopper with wooden rotor blades one day.
9 years USMC.

Man, I can only imagine the intense stuff you must have witnessed during your time in Vietnam. Did you ever find yourself having that infamous "thousand-yard stare" they talk about? You know, that distant look in your eyes like you've seen things that nobody should ever have to see. I mean, I've watched "Platoon" like 25 times, and it's crazy to think that's just a glimpse of what you went through.
I was not overseas. I'd have gone, if called.
U.S. Army, tried and true Infantry blue!
31 years U.S. Army, field artillery retired as a Command Sergeant Major
US Army 77-99.
Thank all of you that served!!
Originally Posted by tops911
31 years U.S. Army, field artillery retired as a Command Sergeant Major

Boom! King of Battle!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Navy 77-81
USAF 80-84 at Offutt
I was not overseas. I'd have gone, if called.

Aw, Wabigoon, I feel ya, man! Not being in Nam means missing out on all those wild experiences in Bangkok with hot Thai women during R&R or splurging hard-earned cash on Vietnamese hookers in Saigon. It's a bummer, no doubt!
'78-'81, 11B1V
"The Marine Corps Hymn."
USAF 72-83, 6 year break in service, back in 89-2000
Retired E-8 (btw, brought home an Amer-Asian 3 month old little boy from Korea in ‘79, omg, he’ll be 44 this year!!! Time flies)
My wife's dad was in the US Army Air Corps.

LMAO

Only thing you ever served was yourself.

You lazy sack of schit.
My wife's dad was in the US Army Air Corps.

If he beat your skull in, he'd deserve a medal.

LOL
[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A lot of kids on here.

US Navy CTMC. 1972-1992
Originally Posted by Jayhawker
A lot of kids on here.

US Navy CTMC. 1972-1992

Ha, I was out a year before you went in.
1958-62 USMC. SEMPER FI
Not I nor my older brother. Dad went to Korea.
USN 1982-1986
Limp dick f a g g o t s like wabigfugk flying their veteran flag on Memorial Day weekend.

Speaks volumes.
U.S.Army 1983-86
Originally Posted by deflave
Limp dick f a g g o t s like wabigfugk flying their veteran flag on Memorial Day weekend.

Speaks volumes.
Richard has been expecting a warm welcoming.
USN 86-92
NCARNG 1970-76 U-1 crew chief/mechanic
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Speaks volumes.
Richard has been expecting a warm welcoming.

Watch the never ending list of dick heads grow.

LOL
3 tours.

By that I mean I have seen Rambo 1, Rambo 2, and Rambo 3!

Almost joined the Coast Guard, but being 5'4" they said I was too short.

When I asked why, they said you had to be 6' tall to be in the Coast Guard.

The reason being is that in case you fell overboard they wanted you to be able to stand up.
All the men....and some of the women! Dad didn't get in because he was color blind! He tried three times!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
All the men....and some of the women! Dad didn't get in because he was color blind! He tried three times!

I'd wager you were bitching and whining before you left the womb.

LOL
I served in the 209th Support Battalion, which supported the 2nd Brigade of the 9th ID at Ft Lewis from ‘85 to ‘89.
I didn’t do chit. I fixed wheeled vehicles. I never worried about getting shot at.
I love and respect those who put their lives on the line. And I know I was damned lucky.
I made some great friends, and I’m proud to be a veteran, but I was only a cog in the wheel
For whatever it’s worth, I love my country, and I’d give my life to restore her to the Constitutional Republic that she’s supposed to be .
7mm
I didn’t “serve”, I got paid. Pretty decently actually.

13A
Raise your hand if you're dead this weekend.
USN aviation. April 1966-March 1970. Did a lot of growing up and the GI Bill got me through a BS and half of a Masters.

All over the US in the first two years looking for carriers for pilot training and subsequently ground-based in Guam, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, and Australia through the last two. If life could do reruns, I'd not change that sector one bit.

Despite a lot of recent screw ups, we're still in the best damn country the world supports.
US Army, Infantry, Berlin Brigade 1972-75. Basically sat around West Berlin for 2 1/2 years watching Russians and East Germans watch us.
Air Force 1978-2004.
Originally Posted by 1minute
USN aviation. April 1966-March 1970. Did a lot of growing up and the GI Bill got me through a BS and half of a Masters.

All over the US in the first two years looking for carriers for pilot training and subsequently ground-based in Guam, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Philippines, and Australia through the last two. If life could do reruns, I'd not change that sector one bit.

Despite a lot of recent screw ups, we're still in the best damn country the world supports.

All that traveling and you chose Oregon.

LOL
Served in the U.S.Army.

Army air-mobile 105 Howitzers, Vietnam 1/'67-2/'68.

Originally Posted by pal
Army air-mobile 105 Howitzers, Vietnam 1/'67-2/'68.

Jesus Christ.

You'd need air support to move that fugkin' forehead around.

LOL
US Army RW Aviator CW5 1969 - 2011
Army, 95B, 83-91.
[Linked Image from bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com]

Joe, Frank, Al, Matt and George. Served and died in WWII. The Fighting Sullivan's.
USMC, '81-'87. E-4

SEMPER FIDELIS!
20 years, US Navy Band. I was a singer.
US Army 1981-2001,
Enlisted in Radio Communications, Airborne, Flight School, retired AH-64 Test Pilot.
Not me.
1997-2017 USMC
Army

8 th I. D.

Ronald Reagan was Commander in cheif.

So pretty quite two years.

Attached picture 2D604844-9EF0-4B9D-99DB-4A9EC19AE93F.jpeg
U.S. Army 1986-2009, Infantry, Retired 1SG
US Navy E-1 to E-7 MM, east coast and west coast, 5 ships 1 shore station
U.S. Army.

Enlisted July 4, 1967 discharged June 27, 1970......Sgt. E-5.
Yes.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]Sgt Zihn by .com/photos/156296479@N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

Me, ----------- but quite a few years ago.
Uncle Sam didn't ask.
I didn't offer.

In 1969, I enrolled in college. I was 18. In the fall, LBJ reintroduced the draft.
My number was 324! LBJ said he would draft through number 275.

Knew lot'sa guys that had gone to "the Nam" and come back.
NONE of them had anything good to say. EVERY ONE of them told me, "Don't go if you don't have to!"
Therefore, I didn't join any branch of the military.
After the US got out of SE Asia in 1973, I should have joined SOME branch and served.
By that time, I had 5 years seniority on a good, union job.
If I were drafted, they would hold my seniority.
If I volunteered, I would have lost my seniority.
I just stayed with the job.

My paternal grampa, a WWI vet, volunteered after Pearl Harbor but was turned down.
My dad had joined the Nat'l Guard. After Pearl Harbor, his Guard unit call a special meeting where they were told to number off, 1 through 4.
Number 1's went to the Army, number 2's to the Navy and number 3's to the Marines.
Number 4's got to stay home and serve in the Guard.
Pop was shipped to Camp Pendleton where he went through basic.
On "graduation" day, their DI told them to pack up and be at "Point A" in 20 minutes.
At Point A, they were told, "They're cutting your orders. If you have friends or family, I suggest you write them. It may be a long time before you get another chance!"
Dad was writing a letter when the DI came by and asked, "Who are you writing, son?"
Dad said, "My wife and daughter." (My oldest sister was born in July, 1941)
"You have a daughter?", the DI asked.
"Yes sir.", dad answered.
The DI told dad to gather his gear and be at "Point B" in 20 minutes.
When Dad got to Point B, the DI handed him his discharge papers and told him, "Have a good life son!"
Pop didn't ask or argue, he just went back home.
Until the day he died, he never knew why.
Army. One hitch
1972-1975, US ARMY, "B Company 10th Engr. Bn." 12B20/64M20.

1977-2009, Watervliet Arsenal, making the big boomer guns...
Not yet, but I fear it is coming to us all.
Thanks to all who served with honor.
USAF 1975-2001. Retired Lt Col.
Volunteered in 1962 for the Air Force, flunked the physical. Army, Navy, Marines would not take me.I ended up in a job for 30 years that was worse.
USAF Nov 1960-OCT 1964
PJ
Memorial Day is not a celebration of veterans. It has turned into a bbq or camping at the lake event.

Memorial Day is a day to honor the fallen heroes who sacrificed it all.

Remind me in November and I’ll post my service dates.

WAM, out.

Originally Posted by WAM
Memorial Day is not a celebration of veterans. It has turned into a bbq or camping at the lake event.

Memorial Day is a day to honor the fallen heroes who sacrificed it all.

Remind me in November and I’ll post my service dates.

WAM, out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]navigate to the nearest shell gas station
Also be respectful of veterans and don’t shoot fireworks on 4th of July near their house..
Originally Posted by renegade50

Joining and completing a 8yr MSO drilling in the NG or Reserves to be untouchable draft wise ain't fuuuking retired.......

It's called ETS......

ETS.. End This Schitt...

US Army Medical Corps, Sept 1975 to Dec 31, 1982. 91 Bravo, 91 Charlie, 91 Sierra, 54 Echo, 300 F1 Med Course.

Salute of Respect for all that GAVE IT ALL. for all wars that this nation has been in or lost their lives during peace time, via accidents etc.
Tommorow is about the dead.

Not the living...
Nov 11th is for the rest of us O2 users...
USN 1988-1995, nuclear reactor mechanic/water chemist.

Celebrated my 23rd birthday 400’ under the Arctic ice cap, hunting Soviet subs.
7 years, 3 months, and 16 days.

In as an O1, under Carter, and out as an O3 under Reagan.

I think that our Country would be a better place if every able-bodies and mentally fit citizen had to go through military basic training, as it would give more people exposure to people from other parts of the U.S. and it would give all of them a shared experience. The Swiss have a program that looks good to me.

People have told me that they knew that I must have been in the military when they saw that I keep my records in 3-ring binders.
US Army Medical Corps 85-97. US Army civilian 97-2017. Boss said he'd pay me to stay home on Halloween, 2017.

Not the living...

Yeah but November 11th is horrible time to be grilling man..
Originally Posted by 79S

Not the living...

I have killed alot of Bucks on Nov 11th.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
RA all the way!
Me, 24+years in avionics, my wife, 9 years as a medic mostly in the E.R., USAF
Originally Posted by 79S

Not the living...

Who in the hell has time to grill when you are running all over town getting free food?
But for the Grace of God.... all these veterans who signed on the dotted line pledging their oath to this country up to and including your life if it came to that. We celebrate those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their comrades and their country tomorrow, but everyone who put on the uniform was at risk or are still at risk. Our oath never ends.

I was 11B Army 72-76. They extended our basic training cycle by 4 weeks to get us ready to go to Vietnam and as the barracks up the street were emptying and being shipped out one by one at Fort Ord and the base was locked down, we were preparing to get on a ship and get our tickets to the war zone. Two buildings before us and about 2-3 days before we were scheduled to leave, we heard on the radio when they announced they had sent the last man to Vietnam and within a week we were issued orders to our next duty station. The last man didn't come home from VN until 75... except for POWs and MIAs... there are still a lot of MIAs that should be honored on Memorial day that we will never know...

My family has been well represented- an older brother who was in Vietnam 65-66, uncles, nephews, nieces, my son all served and proud to have done it
Armored cavalry 63-65

Not the living...

This

R.I.P. Buck Reitkirk

R.I.P. Robbie Miller

R.I.P. Larry Boivin
In honor of my friend who died on his second tour and all who died way too young.

JOHN RODNEY SCHURRER

CPL - E4 - Marine Corps - Regular

Length of service 6 years
His tour began on Apr 14, 1968
Casualty was on Jun 18, 1968
In QUANG TRI, SOUTH VIETNAM
HOSTILE, GROUND CASUALTY
ARTILLERY, ROCKET, or MORTAR
Body was recovered

Panel 56W - Line 28

Veterans day is Nov.11
US Army 1976-1980 11B
Every day around my house is memorial day

USMC 1975-1975 Repaired radars.
USN 1981-1985
🤘🏻
I did my time, but this holiday ain't about me.

For those who gave all...

SALUTE!

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 79S

Not the living...

Who in the hell has time to grill when you are running all over town getting free food?
I have never been able to do it man.
Golden Corral is fuuuking packed and a 100 to 150 yd line literally.

Retirees, active duty, guard, reserves all up in that mofo.
Bus loads of single soldiers from post.

Giant goat fuq...

Gave up on it long ago.

Homie don't do lines....
Fuuuuuk that...
USN 90-96 FC2/E-5
Jan 68 till Oct 71 USAFSS Anchorage, Alaska and Taipei, Taiwan
US Navy, Submarine Service, '66-'69 TM3-SS.
Yes

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Settin’ here rememberin’ some of the old breed that I served with. Gunner Stamnitz, Top Williams, Sgt Mjrs Hagan and Gorham.

To me, they were the Eagle on the Globe and Anchor.
USMC- 66-70,
RVN 69-70,
SEMPER FI,
USN ‘65-‘71. MTG
USN 62-68 577-31-25 HM-3
I’m so happy the drooling dumb fugk known as wabigoon was able to tell the world he’s a veteran.

Again.

LOL

What a worthless piece of schit.
USAF 1962-1966 A1C

Viet Nam 1965-1966
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
7 years, 3 months, and 16 days.

In as an O1, under Carter, and out as an O3 under Reagan.

I think that our Country would be a better place if every able-bodies and mentally fit citizen had to go through military basic training, as it would give more people exposure to people from other parts of the U.S. and it would give all of them a shared experience. The Swiss have a program that looks good to me.

People have told me that they knew that I must have been in the military when they saw that I keep my records in 3-ring binders.

Agreed. There are too many entitled, whiney-assed, parasitic resource consumers that take the title "citizen" that have too much say and not enough stake in the country. Mandatory service would maybe balance that out a little and perhaps make them better citizens.
I did not, but I greatly appreciate you guys that did, thank you.
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Yes

Mustard stain, props!
A minister told me, in regards to singing, which I cannot, somebody has to listen.

Our military needs support. they have to eat.
Never served, but my dad did. 20+years, first as EOD enlisted, then as an EOD officer. I believe they called that a mustang. He highly discouraged me from joining up, because he knew the military was morphing into the liberal machine it is today.
Depends...Tater Head says I stole a lot of valor but I remember doing a stint from 1988 to 2012 so opinions vary. Pretty sure my response is why old Burns no longer posts here. Sooner or later he will get ripped off the frame on Nyquil and make an appearance...It is like a moth to a flame.
USN 1971-75, ACB-1, Operation Frequent Wind 1975
I did but only for 24 years.
Thank you.
My father was in WWII.
When he was old he lost track of time.
I had to tell him, "You fought in WWII, your gun designs fought in Viet Nam."

His big money was design and manufacturing artillery for Detroit Arsenal (US ARMY).
Rock Island Arsenal contracts were penny ante.

I have never won any design contracts directly from the US military.
I would get sub sub contracts: USAF -> General Dynamics -> Teledyne -> who ever I was working for.
USMC active, 1976 - 1986
USNavy 92-96

GSE3 (SW)
82nd Abn. 76-78. 11B1P
Yes.
USAF Sept 1972 - Mar. 1975. WVANG Mar 1975 - Dec 2002.
USN Hospital Corps. 1966-70
Delta Co 1-5 69-70 An Hoa RVN
Airforce Green Beret 2001-11 rank Master Tech Sergeant
Originally Posted by 79S

Thanks fore you're Servace.
UCMC Res. 0311
6/99 - 7/05

Then 16 months in the IRR and out.

Spent a little time away in the GWOT
USAF 10-'72 through 10-'79. E5, SAC trained killer. Nuke em until they glow. 🤭
USAF 6-62 thru 6-66. Another SAC trained killer. Bomb the Rusky's into a gravel pile !!
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh man, they are elite! Thanks again for your cervix!

Correct.

Even though the thread is titled differently, it is obvious that the thread is in reference to Memorial Day which is reserved for those KIA, not just those who served.

RIP SSGT Ivy, SSGT Goodwin, MSGT Hatfield and many others...
7 years in Army National Guard.
1975-1978, 3/2 ACR, M Co.
Thanks to everyone that served! USAF 1966-1970, crew chief, F102's
Are we still talking about ourselves?

LOL
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh man, they are elite! Thanks again for your cervix!

Thanks some of our missions are declassified so I can talk about them some.
The greatest regret of my life is that I didn’t serve, but I am thankful to those who did.
USAF Offutt AFB 87-90
Remembering my friend, LCDR Bill Norton, USN (ret) Silver Star, two Bronze with Combat "V"s", DFC, 12 Strike Sir Medals, all Vietnam. RF-8 driver, callsign "Cork Tip." Crossed the river this year.
Wow, Jorge. Impressive.

I didn't know there was a Recce version of the F-8. Recce flights over the North were always hairy because they knew you'd be coming.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Wow, Jorge. Impressive.

I didn't know there was a Recce version of the F-8. Recce flights over the North were always hairy because they knew you'd be coming.

RF-8s. VFP-62 & 63.
Army, enlisted MP from 1978-1982
Army, commissioned, Field Artillery, 1987-2005
26 years, US Army, Infantry, retired as 0-6. Would do it all again if I were a young man. God bless our wonderful soldiers, seamen, airmen, and marines.
© 24hourcampfire