Home
Posted By: Papag Cooper's Commentaries - 05/31/23
I've been filling some care giving downtime rereading Cooper's commentaries from the early 90s onward. What a sage!
One or two things struck me again. The absolute absurdity of the BATFE, or as he called them, the BATmen. Another, and it is still true, that the murderers of Nichols Simpson, Vickie Weaver and Vince Foster are still walking around free.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 05/31/23
I assume you’re talking about Col Jeff Cooper?
I always enjoyed reading his commentaries.
At the risk of going off on a tangent, I think maybe it’s a good thing that he’s no longer around. I’m so disgusted with the current state of affairs that it’s hard for me to talk to some folks! The Colonel would probably have an aneurism if he could see this! eek
Just the same, his writings still have wisdom.
7mm
Col Cooper’s Comments, Vol 1
Posted By: BMT Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 05/31/23
Cooper, along with Elmer Keith and some of the other gun writing legends, provide a lot of wisdom.

The trick is to apply the concepts to modern technological advancements and circumstances.

One of my favorites:

BMT
Posted By: Stophel Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 05/31/23
I recently saw a video from a tv show I guess early to mid 80's, featuring Cooper and his instruction school, and he seemed downright pleasant and likeable! However, I found his writing in G&A in the late 80's - early 90's to be absolutely unbearable. When he began the "royal we" thing, I quit trying to read his page. Totally insufferable.
Posted By: Japlvr Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 05/31/23
Maybe he is talking about Bill Cooper.
Posted By: g5m Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 06/01/23
Interesting guy.
Posted By: BMT Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 06/01/23
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Maybe he is talking about Bill Cooper.

Di you mean Bill Jordan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Jordan_(American_lawman)

And Jeff Cooper did use the "royal we" often.

BMT
Posted By: OGB Re: Cooper's Commentaries - 06/01/23
Back when I thought Guns and Ammo was worth reading I always went straight to the back and read "Cooper's Corner" first. Even met "The Duchess" once. Great lady.
© 24hourcampfire