Home
Posted By: cra1948 Life’s little lessons… - 06/01/23
A .30 M-1 Carbine is not as much fun at the range when you discover you left your mags home. On the bright side, it’s still an autounloader, and you use quite a bit less ammunition.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Life’s little lessons… - 06/01/23
Sure am glad I've never done anything like that. whistle
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Life’s little lessons… - 06/01/23
I will see your M1 carbine and raise you the takedown screw on my slug gun. An hour from home. At least you got to shoot it.
What flavor carbine you got I fugkin love them
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Life’s little lessons… - 06/01/23
Originally Posted by earlybrd

It’s an Auto Ordnance from late 90’s or early 2000’s. I bought it new, primarily as a range toy. I had a Universal in the ‘60’s, swapped it in on a 788 in .222 the first week those hit market. The .222 seemed to do a lot better job on woodchucks.
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by earlybrd

It’s an Auto Ordnance from late 90’s or early 2000’s. I bought it new, primarily as a range toy. I had a Universal in the ‘60’s, swapped it in on a 788 in .222 the first week those hit market. The .222 seemed to do a lot better job on woodchucks.
I’ve had 2 universals fun guns for sure
Posted By: 1minute Re: Life’s little lessons… - 06/01/23
Or traveling from Or to Wy for elk and discovering the bolt for the 30-378 was still in the safe. I did have a spare 45-70 with me though.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Or traveling from Or to Wy for elk and discovering the bolt for the 30-378 was still in the safe. I did have a spare 45-70 with me though.
Didn’t happen to cross a corner out there
I can honestly say that I’ve never done such a thing OP.

Believing that I had ammo in the range bag when in fact I didn’t… doh!
Posted By: jc189 Re: Life’s little lessons… - 06/01/23
A .30 M-1 Carbine is not as much fun at the range when you discover you left your mags home. On the bright side, it’s still an autounloader, and you use quite a bit less ammunition.

Well I hate to admit it. But don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I went to the range a few of weeks ago. Took a couple of AR's and a 22 bolt gun. I shot the 556 first, then the 22. Next I grabbed my 6.5 Grendel. I had plenty of 6.5 ammo but only had 556 mags in my bag. So I shot a few 3 shot groups loading one at a time. Lucky I was the only one at the range. If someone was shooting next to me I probably would have just left. First time for me. It would have been embarrassing to explain why I was shooting an AR as a single shot. The wife tells me now that I'm over 65 I have sometimers, the precursor to Alzheimer's.

I leave my AR mags home all the time.
Many years back, I went coyote calling ~ 50 miles from the house.
Got out to walk to my intended stand - and discovered I had left both magazines for my CZ 204 at home!
Another instance, around the same time, I got out there without my calls!

Yes, I can often be DUMB!!!!
Posted By: Dess Re: Life’s little lessons… - 06/02/23
Fishing from a boat. Tied a new lure to a fishing line....that was the remnant cut from a tangle. Tried to check the action of it. Pretty good considering it was heading straight to the bottom.
© 24hourcampfire