Home
Posted By: earlybrd Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Is this bull schit or not I been outside all day ain’t seen schit but a pegus helicopter earlier
CBS News is covering it. Link
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Dropping at 30,000 FPM,....340 MPH.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Swamp gas....weather balloon......
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
I was checking disabled neighbors food plot mountain top around that time period ain’t seen schit
Posted By: rainshot Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Arkincide?
I’ll gather some local intel
Posted By: ironbender Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Shocked you turned off your Adblock for that.
I got to go Lexington way Tuesday I’ll gather some intel from them rock jumpers😂🤣
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by ironbender
I didn't. And I could read the whole thing.

There was a spot said "I'll fix it later" ....................................bwahahahahaha.....................yeah right.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
https://abc7news.com/sonic-boom-plane-crash-staunton-va-f-16/13344336/
I heard montebello area
Posted By: helidriver72 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Not the first time everyone got sleepy on a business jet….
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
The only shooting reported was flares to attract attention not bring it down.
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Probably some combination of loss of oxygen/cabin pressure.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by ironbender
I didn't. And I could read the whole thing.

There was a spot said "I'll fix it later" ....................................bwahahahahaha.....................yeah right.
See that now. Thanks, G.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
There you go, nothing to see here.
Who knew F-16s could go hypersonic?

An unresponsive airplane flying over Washington, D.C., on Sunday prompted military fighter jets to intercept the plane at hypersonic levels, causing a loud sonic boom heard around D.C. and Virginia, officials said.
Posted By: cotis Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
A f-16 can scoot, especially in afterburner mode.
From Wikipedia:

Performance

Maximum speed: Mach 2.05, 1,176 kn (1,353 mph; 2,178 km/h) at 40,000 feet, clean[75]
Mach 1.2, 800 kn (921 mph; 1,482 km/h) at sea level[75]

Powerplant: 1 × General Electric F110-GE-129 for Block 50 aircraft afterburning turbofan, 17,155 lbf (76.31 kN) thrust dry, 29,500 lbf (131 kN) with afterburner
(1 × Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-229 for Block 52 aircraft, 17,800 lbf (79 kN) thrust dry and 29,160 lbf (129.7 kN) with afterburner.)
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The only shooting reported was flares to attract attention not bring it down.

That's the official Govt story anyway...

"Look right here, please."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: deflave Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Some poor R/C enthusiast still scratching' his head this morning.

LOL
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
we heard the jets go over the house flying low
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Probably some combination of loss of oxygen/cabin pressure.
Loss of pressurization tends to do that...
Any new theory’s
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Sounds like what happened to Payne Stewart. Hard to explain the u turn when over Long Island to return to Virginia where it crashed.
I did learn that woman don’t know schit about sonic booms and trying to argue over what they are is fugking useless
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Sounds like what happened to Payne Stewart. Hard to explain the u turn when over Long Island to return to Virginia where it crashed.
The magic of autopilot. Not had to understand at all...
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
The magic of autopilot. Not had to understand at all...

No Idea how it works on a plane . Stewarts plane was on autopilot as well and just ran out of fuel.
Very sad ending for a few people in this plane. If I read it correctly, the owner of Encore Motors' daughter, 2 year old granddaughter, the nanny and pilot all perished in the crash. Rest in Peace!
Prayers for the family
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23

According to what I have read, they can't.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
So-called news reporters tend to use popular buzzwords they have no clue about.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
My read is that it was an unfortunate accident of some type. The .gov folks immediately released the ID of the aircraft, the owner, flight plan, passengers, etc. If there was something that didn't fit the agenda, we would still be waiting. eg: Has anyone seen a copy of the "Nashville Manifesto", yet ?

And, if .gov did not want us to know about it, we would never hear about it in the first place. Thursday night 13 Sep 2001. Watching a news briefing, a senior military official explaining the various air assets that were scrambled in response to the 9/11 hijackings. As he was closing out his discussion, he made a comment to the effect of: "Unfortunately, due to time and distance, we were not able to intercept 3 of the 4 aircraft." Commercial break. New speaker.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
So-called news reporters tend to use popular buzzwords they have no clue about.

Yep.
Posted By: KSMITH Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by Oldman03

But you're an idiot...
Question for the people that know how a plane operates. Does the plane send out a message to the control tower(s) if they lose oxygen in the cabin and cockpit?
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Good story about going to sleep in an aircraft…

One night off the Midway, one of our A-7 drivers checked into the marshall stack (holding pattern) and while waiting for his push time, he set the jet in a turn, he set the jet on “altitude and attitude holding mode” and dozed off. He wasn’t high enough to have to worry about hypoxia even if the pressurization failed.

Well, his push time came and went and he did not make the required call or start his descent. The marshall controller tried to call him on the radio but no luck. They tried to call him on guard (emergency frequency). No response.

They sent someone to join on him to see if they could see what was going on. The guy joined up and said, “it looks like he’s asleep” 😳. Lots of ideas thrown around….maybe fly in front and “thump” him in an attempt to kick off the autopilot, etc. They thought better of that though.

Finally, somebody came up with the bright idea to use an alarm clock. His roommate went to their stateroom, took it down to CATCC or Carrier Air Traffic Control Center. They set the alarm off, keyed the mic and broadcast it on the marshall frequency. It worked !!!

After he got his bearings he came down and landed ok. 😊

His new Carrier Air Wing 5 call sign…..”Sleepy” 😁

Lots of folks don’t realize that even if you’re breathing 100 percent oxygen, if the pressurization fails above about 23,000-25,000 feet there’s not enough pressure to force the oxygen into the bloodstream. You have very little time, or useful consciousness, to get down to an altitude where you can survive. You go to sleep and never wake up. Remember the pro golfer that was killed years ago….that was what happened to them and I’m guessing something similar in this last mishap.
Do these planes have black boxes like commercial
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Question for the people that know how a plane operates. Does the plane send out a message to the control tower(s) if they lose oxygen in the cabin and cockpit?

No. The pilot can declare an emergency via the radio or use the Transponder to indicate a problem BUT, pilot needs to get down to around 10,000’ RIGHT NOW, I would not be waiting for permission from an air traffic controller either. You only have a few seconds of useful consciousness.

I’ve never flown one of those but the pilot would have a warning light and/or tone but there’s nothing to signal ATC
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Payne Stewart, deceased golfer. Flew north from Florida, was supposed to take a left over Georgia and head towards California. Plane never made the left turn, and crashed in Mina South Dakota.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Bo Rine plane crash was similar.....
Posted By: Morewood Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
They scrambled F-16's in minutes yet allowed a Chinese spy balloon to float across and surveille the entirety of the US.

Hmmm..
Originally Posted by navlav8r

No. The pilot can declare an emergency via the radio or use the Transponder to indicate a problem BUT, pilot needs to get down to around 10,000’ RIGHT NOW, I would not be waiting for permission from an air traffic controller either. You only have a few seconds of useful consciousness.
Yup...
I was going through my refresher chamber ride, we were doing the hypoxia demo where you take your mask off so you can experience what your own symptoms are and then put your mask back on. I was doing the exercises where you have the board with square pockets in it. Half the board is empty, the other half contains pucks that are square on the bottom, round on the upper half. The top of the pucks are painted half black, the other half white. The goal was to pick up a puck with each hand, transfer them to the right side of the board rotating them 180° in the process. I was going to play it out as long as possible. Took off my mask, started the exercise. I believe I transferred three sets of pucks, picked up the forth set and moved them over the right side of the board. While I could see and hear just fine my body was frozen in position. I heard the head instructor ask me if I was okay, within seconds he told the assistant instructor to put my mask back on. I was back to normal within a few seconds of the mask going on, I was on the edge of blacking out if the mask wasn't placed back on.

Not sure how many brain cells I killed that day... 😁
Originally Posted by Morewood
They scrambled F-16's in minutes yet allowed a Chinese spy balloon to float across and surveille the entirety of the US.

Hmmm..

Priceless.

I’ve never flown one of those but the pilot would have a warning light and/or tone but there’s nothing to signal ATC

Thanks. Do they have emergency oxygen masks like commercial airliners? Guessing they do not or not enough time to put them on.

Hmmm..
Preach it
Posted By: smokepole Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23

Hmmm..

What kind of information did the balloon collect?
Ask the Chinese. And their compromised US president who allowed it.
So you don't know, but you're sure it was "sensitive information."

Got it. Makes sense to me, it's not like the Chinese have satellites to spy on us, or anything like that. .
You think the Chinese are hobby balloonists?

LOL
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23

Thanks. Do they have emergency oxygen masks like commercial airliners? Guessing they do not or not enough time to put them on.

Yes, those private jets ought to be equipped with oxygen masks, certainly today after the Payne Stewart crash.

LOL

You think they put expensive surveillance equipment on a balloon they can't control, that can be and was shot down?

LOL X2.

LOL
😂😂
Posted By: Raeford Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by smokepole
So you don't know, but you're sure it was "sensitive information."

Got it. Makes sense to me, it's not like the Chinese have satellites to spy on us, or anything like that. .

Was there an altitude difference in the balloon alt and satellite alt?
Beats me, ask the Chinese balloon experts on here.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Sorry to make light of such a grim story and may the survivors find peace.

From the link, the joke of the day:
"President Joe Biden was golfing at the Andrews Air Force Base golf course near Maryland's Joint Base Andrews..."
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
He can't walk up a flight of stairs and he is going to swing a club? Yeah, right!
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23

LOL

You think they put expensive surveillance equipment on a balloon they can't control, that can be and was shot down?

LOL X2.

I know right, ? It's not like they don't have a budget.
That could have cost 1/2 million dollars.

But let's be honest, even they were surprised it lasted that long....seriously. laugh laugh laugh

Made in China
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
"The magic of auto pilot".....

I'm a Ham radio operator. I've spoken to several commercial airline pilots who love to talk to other Hams especially when their Mobil antenna is at 30000 something feet. IIRC most of the time when they have to be laser focused on operating the aircraft occurs during take off and landing.

If you have the skill set and credentials to do the demanding parts the auto pilot time sounds like fun. Listen to audio books, learn a foreign language, impress your Ham radio buddies....cool

LOL

LOL X2.

As per the media that balloon had a steering mechanism in place. They were trying to capture communications between the command and control facilities, something a satellite will not pickup.

The Balloons are nothing new . it was at 50,000 feet where commercial airliners do not inhabit.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Those commuter jets often fly at 45,000+ feet. With a loss of cabin pressure, I don't think they'd be able to descend quickly enough to find good air.
Posted By: JDinCO Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
They can descend fast enough, just don't have the braking power.
Asked 2 vdot bucks about it this morning they were clueless didn’t know schit
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Asked 2 vdot bucks about it this morning they were clueless didn’t know schit

That’s weird……😂
Hicks not bucks fugking auto correct 😂
Posted By: cisco1 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
I don't know if anyone put this together. Barbara Rumpel is An NRA exec.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by cisco1

Interesting. She wasn’t on the flight but that’s still interesting.

John Rumpel, whose wife Barbara is listed as the president of the company, told CNN that they own Encore. The husband confirmed Barbara Rumpel is safe, but declined to comment further.

John Rumpel told The New York Times that his daughter, a 2-year-old granddaughter and her nanny were onboard the plane. He told the Times that the family was returning home to East Hampton, New York, after a four-day trip to his home in North Carolina.

(From linked article above)
Posted By: rte Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

John Rumpel, whose wife Barbara is listed as the president of the company, told CNN that they own Encore. The husband confirmed Barbara Rumpel is safe, but declined to comment further.

John Rumpel told The New York Times that his daughter, a 2-year-old granddaughter and her nanny were onboard the plane. He told the Times that the family was returning home to East Hampton, New York, after a four-day trip to his home in North Carolina.

Add to this information that these people were also Major MAGA Donors.

They contributed heavily to President Trump's election campaign.
This is fishy
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
STOP...STOP....STOP !!
Ya'll will have Jag up here.
Originally Posted by KSMITH

But you're an idiot...

Since I'm an idiot..... prove me wrong!
Originally Posted by KSMITH

But you're an idiot...
There just might be a difference between hyper-sonic and super-sonic. Too bad reporters can not be bothered to educate their self on the subject under discussion.

I understand it was not necessary to shoot down the private jet. It most likely ran out of fuel and crashed on its own.

But if an AIM-9 were needed to make it crash in the forest instead of Pennsylvania Ave. It would be fully justified and I am sure within procedural parameters.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by rte

Was this plane leaving a contrail or a chemtrail at the time it was downed?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Those commuter jets often fly at 45,000+ feet. With a loss of cabin pressure, I don't think they'd be able to descend quickly enough to find good air.
You need supplemental oxygen above 18,000'. Pilot and copilot have an emergency oxygen mask they can don within arm's reach of their seat. Spoilers up, flaps & gear down, you'll fall faster than a rock.
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by rte

Was this plane leaving a contrail or a chemtrail at the time it was downed?

LOL!
Posted By: cv540 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Poor fellow has some tough luck, losing 2 daughters

"John Rumpel also lost his daughter, Victoria, at age 19 in a 1994 scuba-diving accident. The couple named the assisted living home, Victoria’s Landing in Melbourne, after Victoria, according to the facility’s website."
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Probably Vietnamese. They never answer their radio.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Lol
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
Originally Posted by ltppowell

laugh

They damn sure are on them non stop when in shrimping boats...
Posted By: Crockettnj Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23

Hmmm..

Yyyyyep.
Posted By: deflave Re: Plane shot down local - 06/05/23
I’m waiting on a Campfire expert to explain F-16s are a piece of junk and can be easily outrun by a Citation.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
I'm waiting on KSMITH to tell me why 'I'm an idiot'.
Posted By: RMiller2 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
This incident is being discussed as Arkanicide.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23

It’s a private plane, not a commuter jet.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
Originally Posted by AB2506

It’s a private plane, not a commuter jet.

Okay.

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/commuter-category-airplane#:~:text=Commuter%20Category%20Airplane%20means%20a,of%2019%2C000%20pounds%20or%20less.

"Commuter Category Airplane means a multiengine airplane that has a seating configuration, excluding pilot seats, of 19 or less, and a maximum certificated takeoff weight of 19,000 pounds or less."
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
Originally Posted by RMiller2
Wtf is that dumb it down for me
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
The fighter pilots reported seeing the Cessna pilot slumped over. Heart attack maybe?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23

I'm not sure he can get there.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The fighter pilots reported seeing the Cessna pilot slumped over. Heart attack maybe?
Hypoxia.
Posted By: bobmn Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
AJ: "Spoilers up, flaps & gear down" For an emergency descent from high altitude spoilers yes but gear and flaps no. High true airspeed will cause structural damage to the gear and flaps. Ask Hoot Gibson. During an emergency descent you accelerate to maximum airspeed to descend in the least amount of time. Most commercial aircraft have a maximum altitude of around 20,000 feet to lower the gear and flaps to protect them structurally.

Really do you want a application for a lighthouse job
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
Originally Posted by bobmn
AJ: "Spoilers up, flaps & gear down" For an emergency descent from high altitude spoilers yes but gear and flaps no. High true airspeed will cause structural damage to the gear and flaps. Ask Hoot Gibson. During an emergency descent you accelerate to maximum airspeed to descend in the least amount of time. Most commercial aircraft have a maximum altitude of around 20,000 feet to lower the gear and flaps to protect them structurally.
👍
Thanks for the clarification. My experience was military. We rarely did in-route descents, we'd overfly our landing point, pull the throttles back and raise the spoilers while being vectored into the pattern. The battle staff in the back end would complain so eventually we'd slow to gear down speed, drop the gear to make the plane dirty. The process was a little quieter and with less buffeting. Out of the few IFEs I experienced none required a rapid descent.
Posted By: las Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23

Hmmm..
Follow the Chinese money.

No. But how do you like your job? I've always heard that skin divers for Roto-Rooter make good money?

No. But how do you like your job? I've always heard that skin divers for Roto-Rooter make good money?
Do you really want to go there the choice is yours

Buzz is on my schit list not you
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
Earlybrd….Arkancide is the term used for people that die mysterious deaths and have a connection to the Clinton family. There’s a long list including Seth Rich and Vince Foster that are suspected of committing “Arkancide”.

You can DDG (Duck duck go)it as the term is common.
Earlybrd….Arkancide is the term used for people that die mysterious deaths and have a connection to the Clinton family. There’s a long list including Seth Rich and Vince Foster that are suspected of committing “Arkancide”.

👍 gotcha
Posted By: ribka Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Hypoxia.

or more likely the Covid jab
Posted By: ribka Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23

👍 gotcha

If the pilot had a heart attack wouldn’t the other folks notice?

OK, let me write that down. It's very important that I keep track of who all is on who all's shìt list.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
If the pilot had a heart attack wouldn’t the other folks notice?
Could have easily been seated facing rearward and engaged in conversation.

Or if it was loss of pressure …
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23

OK, let me write that down. It's very important that I keep track of who all is on who all's shìt list.
You’re on mine.
I even have you on ignore; you Q denier.
Posted By: oldwoody2 Re: Plane shot down local - 06/06/23
You need supplemental oxygen above 18,000'. Pilot and copilot have an emergency oxygen mask they can don within arm's reach of their seat. Spoilers up, flaps & gear down, you'll fall faster than a rock.
THAT IS CORRECT PROCEDURE !!
Posted By: jimone Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23
I agree with this guy. Probably vaccinated and they lowered standards for class 1 medical ekg.

https://greatawakening.win/p/16bPQShopc/not-a-loss-of-pressure/c/
Posted By: PrimeBeef Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23

video posted to YouTube on Jun 5, 2023
YouTube channel: Ward Carroll (former F-14 Tomcat pilot)

This is the plane that crashed (N611VG):

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
N611VG Citation 560 V sn560-0091 (1991 build) imported from Venezuela as YV3178 Jan 2023.
source: https://twitter.com/bizjets101/status/1665501669809856512

N611VG - FAA Registry
Code
https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/Search/NNumberResult?NNumberTxt=611VG

Cessna 560 Guide and Specs
https://aviatorinsider.com/airplane-brands/cessna-560/
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23
  
Let's ride along with Mindy. grin (It's not the exact same model of Citation but it's very similar.)

Mindy: Commercial Multi & Single Engine Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) & CFI-I, Citation 525 Type Rated

Posted By: bobmn Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23
Jim: "...lowered standards for class 1 medical ekg" Seriously doubt N611VG, as a fractional jet, is being operated under Part 121. If the fractional jet is not Part 121 a first class medical is not required unless it is a stipulation of the insurance company.
Posted By: jimone Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23
True but most of the guys I know that fly these little zoomies work multiple jobs.
Pure speculation on this one but the crash site looks like one in Maine a few years ago where pilot took off into ice under imc and went straight in, burried it 30 feet or so and all you realy saw was wing spars and tinfoil. Most of the responders ruined their gear wading in fuel contaminated mud at the scene.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Plane shot down local - 06/07/23
Liberty university aviation school trains over
Originally Posted by BFaucett
  
Let's ride along with Mindy. grin (It's not the exact same model of Citation but it's very similar.)

Mindy: Commercial Multi & Single Engine Pilot, Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) & CFI-I, Citation 525 Type Rated

I got something Mindy can ride
© 24hourcampfire