Home
I have been drinking the High Life stove pipes lately.

32 ozs.

It's got the ingredients on the can.....which is kinda weird.

Frigging corn syrup? Hop extract???

What the hell?

Didn't seem right to me. Please advise.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I'll throw an orange at you.
Don’t fall off the recliner.
That's ugly man.
Gay’r n aids
Are we not quoting Fear and Loathing?

Is this not a reasonable place to park?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

32 ozs..

How many, a case??
No...just two per sitting.

That's all the corn syrup and hop extract my mom will let me have.
Smart woman
My buddy calls them COB

Champagne of Beers
Gfy
Hahahaha!

All the good guys are gone now....buncha meanies.
Dude,

I wonder if it was made that way in the Olden Days. I was never fond of it when I was still drinking, always tasted too sweet to me. If they used the corn syrup then, perhaps I now know why.
Used to work with an old man that said the doctor cut him back to a six pack a week so he switched to quarts!
Heineken.

Followed by an Old Milwaukee.
(light)

And a shot of Patron.

Repeat.

(aka mother's milk)

That shiit is weasel piss Jim. 😉
Originally Posted by Nestucca

That shiit is weasel piss Jim. 😉

A weasel would have to drink so really rotten stuff to piss something that foul.
The key to getting wasted is eating good food while doing so.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
But not so wasted before the food is eaten that you can't taste just how good it is.
Good food and good drink. Too bad it’s not some of that Conrad Carne
Jim, I'm with you, MHL is about all I drink now. One of about 2 beers that doesn't give me a headache if I have a couple 3.
Kommiefornia Group Buy on Conrad Carne.

Ok who's got a refrigerated truck?

Originally Posted by Certifiable

Sorry Fats,

as good as I'm sure it would be, my neighbors deliver mine to my driveway when I re-up.

Conrad has sent me some other good stuff though, as you have.

Which reminds me. Taters are coming up nicely, if I get a good harvest you're welcome to a care pkg.

And dammit dude! I haven't had oysters on the grill in a really long time. Wife was on the coast visiting this past weekend and holiday. Sent pictures of some tide pool action and some interesting limpets and sea stars , asked If I could see them. I told her all I saw was food, she was in mussel heaven!
Got dang it Geno was figuring you in for the all night Alturas to Evanston leg of the trip. You know you older fellers stay awake easier at night with them depleted melatonin packs in yurs brains. Plus it's astraight shot with no curves near rivers. HA!

Love me some taters👍 Sorry though don't think them Hog Islands are good after shipping. Maybe we can get Ranger Green to take your place?
Miller High Life claims they use real hops. The added stabilized
hop compounds are to keep it from getting skunky in that clear
glass bottle. I dunno about the corn syrup. Miller has
been around since !904, so they must have a lotta Miller drinkers.
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Got dang it Geno was figuring you in for the all night Alturas to Evanston leg of the trip. You know you older fellers stay awake easier at night with them depleted melatonin packs in yurs brains. Plus it's astraight shot with no curves near rivers. HA!

Love me some taters👍 Sorry though don't think them Hog Islands are good after shipping. Maybe we can get Ranger Green to take your place?
Interesting you mentioned the creek. Wife drove 299 over to the 5 and then back again yesterday. CalTrans is doing some straightening of the section there where I went in by Ingot. Just a bit late for my benefit. I sure miss that 36 MPG little car too.

I was thinking about Tracy just the other day, I grilled a couple of lamb chops and some burgers on the 4th with some of the gigantic load of charcoal he brought up to me. Wife is on a chicken kick and I love chicken, but I gotta have meat, not poultry every so often so I took advantage of her being gone. She did eat a burger when she got home yesterday. I hope Ranger Green is doing well.

Debil water!

32 ozs.
What the hell?

That's mass market American beer for you.

If you do a bit of looking you'll find extensive use of corn syrup, corn grits, and hop extract.

When asked about this, a brewmaster for a major American brand said "Reinheitsgebot? We don't need no stinking Reinheitsgebot!"
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Kommiefornia Group Buy on Conrad Carne.

Ok who's got a refrigerated truck?

Originally Posted by Certifiable

Whoa. Thats cheating
Originally Posted by poboy
Miller High Life claims they use real hops. The added stabilized
hop compounds are to keep it from getting skunky in that clear
glass bottle. I dunno about the corn syrup. Miller has
been around since !904, so they must have a lotta Miller drinkers.

Budweiser been around a long time too. They used to have a lot of Bud drinkers too.
Originally Posted by mathman

32 ozs.
What the hell?

That's mass market American beer for you.

If you do a bit of looking you'll find extensive use of corn syrup, corn grits, and hop extract.

When asked about this, a brewmaster for a major American brand said "Reinheitsgebot? We don't need no stinking Reinheitsgebot!"

I took my mom out to a nice restaurant when she was around 70, she ordered a Miller. I'll always remember that because our 20-something waiter thought it was a good idea to tell us this joke: "How is American beer like making love in a canoe? They're both f*cking close to water." We weren't expecting that but she recovered nicely, asked him if he smoked and he said no. So she says "good, if you don't smoke, I won't fart."
This is what I get for trusting Mathman.

Always bragging up his High Life stovepipes.........
I recently found 12 Hi Lifes in bottles. Drank them in 2 different settings, not bad I thought. But hard to find here, & I swear, if for no other reason I can think of, that it constipates me. And that is something that I'm not at all accustomed to nor care for. I know TMI, so I won't tell what a local micro brew's new light Lager did to me.
Scratch 2 more off the list.
Never heard of beer stopping someone up!

Generally just the opposite.
High Life is my favorite really cheap beer. I know going in it isn't what I had when I visited Bavaria.
So proud....you probably hadn't read the ingredients either!

Haha!
Switch to Ponies........there isn't room in the bottles for all of the add-ons.
So proud....you probably hadn't read the ingredients either!

Haha!

No, I knew them. My first beer rodeo was a long time ago. My uncle had a beer distributorship.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Switch to Ponies........there isn't room in the bottles for all of the add-ons.

laugh
Miller Lite, teaching women to drink outta the bottle since 1975........

a great sight.
Been buying a 30 rack of MGD cans lately.

Guess I will stick with those.
Been buying a 30 rack of MGD cans lately.

Guess I will stick with those.

Same ingredients as High Life.
Yes. But more available to me.

Plus it's got a bit more flavor.
Yes. But more available to me.

Plus it's got a bit more flavor.

My parents used to make bread using one of those little machines that looked like R2D2. The beer bread they made with MGD was better than the same made with Budweiser.
That's kinda cool.

MGD is a little mineral-ey tasting to me.

I guess that's why I like it.
Now you've have me parched. Time to go shake a Bloody Mary.
Never heard of beer stopping someone up!

Generally just the opposite.
Yep,

Too much Miller was like that for me, I sometimes wish it had stopped me up a bit.

Genessee Cream Ale was the worst, especially out of a keg.
[Linked Image from bswliquor.com]

Apparently, fresh glacial water, makes you shyte through the eye of a needle !

wink
Some question the rice, but if they're honest BL says 4 ingredients, rice, barley, hops, & water. Nothing else & specifically stating no corn syrup or other flavor enhancers.

Geeze, I really didn't think about corn syrup & wonder if very large amounts are used in Modella. It's too sweet for me, & a bud tried it for the first time for a day & said same, too damn sweet.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Some question the rice, but if they're honest BL says 4 ingredients, rice, barley, hops, & water. Nothing else & specifically stating no corn syrup or other flavor enhancers.

Geeze, I really didn't think about corn syrup & wonder is very large amounts are used in Modella. It's too seet for me, & a but tried it for the first time for a day & said same, too damn sweet.

Urban rumor is that Buttwiper floats chemically impregnated railroad ties in their beer vats.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Geeze, I really didn't think about corn syrup & wonder is very large amounts are used in Modella. It's too seet for me, & a but tried it for the first time for a day & said same, too damn sweet.

Urban rumor is that Buttwiper floats chemically impregnated railroad ties in their beer vats.

And when finished soaking, the RR ties are taken out, ground up, mixed with fluoride and used in the Chemtrails!
Originally Posted by Valsdad

And when finished soaking, the RR ties are taken out, ground up, mixed with fluoride and used in the Chemtrails!

Connect the hops!!!

Not as bad as Coors Light.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

wink
Aim small; hit small.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

wink

A visit to their brewery is pretty fun. Hilarious videos of old commercials. About 70 miles from here.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

This cannot be overstated. If you’re going to eat really great food, it should be when you probably won’t remember anything about it

Do you start humming
"When I'm sixty-four"
As you finish the second??
I like High Life..

$1.69 for a stove pipe..

hunting pard and i would make a morning hunt.

Goto a country diner for lunch. Eat the plate special.

Get a double scoop of ice cream and a High Life for desert…
Friday eve is martini time...
Grain Belt Premium.
© 24hourcampfire