Home
laugh got to load up and get to it 1st , 3 miles on wheeler 2 of that up hill ! [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Off we go thru da creek then up .. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] just about there... Wind and moose
are constantly knocking down our sign I'm going to put a metal back into it and then somehow posted into the ground it's 98% rock and big ones at that
I see a roof ! And black plywood...yup that's her... [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Porky's love plywood glue [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] peel off temporary trim of 20 sum yrs and clear the dek
Start siding and stain from eaves to dirt [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My helpers [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] the two on the bottom pic helped to
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] these were red ??? Lol
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] getting some where..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] Done ! Started 6:00 p.m. on Friday.. got home noon Tuesday. I've done a bunch of building and a bunch of siding showed these guys what was up ...they were slow learners, I did the prep and trim.. once the stuff got up there an going they were pretty proud. Now we wait on the tax man ..[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] oh yea I took this at 0130 just to the right of the stove pipe while " bleeding my monkey off the deck" ...lol
Nice lookin cabin. And a proper one at that. Not like some of these folks here with 3000 sqft homes that are nicer than 1/2 of America lives in.

PS, can the tax man make it past the grizzlies? Hint
Surprised the Plywood held up that well over that period of time. Looks really good .
nice looking job
Stained it as we left I have a few bear board's but couldn't put them up (u can see a little one on the ground by the step) I have sheets like that I place every where ...may be the tax man can step on them to.. theirs been blood and bent nails in the past

Lol
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Stained it as we left I have a few bear board's but couldn't put them up (u can see a little one on the ground by the step) I have sheets like that I place every where ...may be the tax man can step on them to.. theirs been blood and bent nails in the past

Lol

Just put out a few bear traps for the tax man grin Bears have to eat too.
60,000 Last tax assessment
..bet when they find it I'll be 100,000 +. The bassturds..
Cabin looks like it fits within the landscape.
What was that white stuff on the ground?

Very nice cabin........
Holy Bungee Cords Batman!!

Looks like a nice place.
That looks too nice for a deer camp where I hunt. All the locals would be jealous!
Looks awesome!
That damn plywood held up pretty well for 20 years. Looking good!

What kind of wood stove do you have? I bet that Bad Boy gets a workout.
Looks great and fits in with the landscape. Well done.
20x24 ...2x6 build r30 floors and roof 21walls.. well other than what the squirrels an the birds didn't drag out .... a drip stove ...
Drip stove? What is that?
http://arctictechalaska.com/nordic-drip-stoves/
I get it. It burns fuel oil.
My mechanic has one of those, he burns used motor oil in it.

Your pipe looks like a wood stove pipe.
Your cabin is gorgeous! I am jealous. Nice work too.
Nice...
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Your pipe looks like a wood stove pipe.
Same/same.

Nice upgrade, T.
Very nice.
That’s pretty damn cool👍
Side story... Change your roof pattern.

I was talking with a guy about a deer shack him and his brother built in the deep woods and used evey odd color of shingle they bought bundles at yard sales.

He said the roof looked like digital camo and you can't see it on satelite images and the tax guys havenet found it yet....
Originally Posted by humdinger
Side story... Change your roof pattern.

I was talking with a guy about a deer shack him and his brother built in the deep woods and used evey odd color of shingle they bought bundles at yard sales.

He said the roof looked like digital camo and you can't see it on satelite images and the tax guys havenet found it yet....
Don’t doubt they said that, but don’t believe the concept.
My first cabin burned in the boundary fire 2004 or 5..... don't think tax man won't find you> the following spring the pic on the property tax deal for the borough had a picture of my burnt cabin just a big Square with some metal in it ...man I was pissed they came in on snow machine and took it from the top of a hill or four wheeler . they got to get their money around here, they have to work for it they'll even get you from a boat. Sob's .... I do write all over the form before I send my check in I asked him what services I get up there I have to run my own Trails I make my own trails my trash service what's that plowing what's that Library what's that I get absolutely nothing...
Mo Betta!
Good deal
Very nice. I like it…
north of somewhere not far from nowhere
© 24hourcampfire