Home
Posted By: 2ndwind Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/hollywood-actors-strike/2023/07/13/id/1126940/

Thankfully I like to read....

Leaders of a Hollywood’s actors union voted Thursday to join screenwriters in the first joint strike in more than six decades, shutting down production across the entertainment industry after talks for a new contract with the studios and streaming services broke down.

Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, executive director of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Radio and Television Artists, said at a news conference that the union leadership voted for the work stoppage hours after their contract expired and talks broke off with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers representing employers including Disney, Netflix, Amazon, and others.......
Now that Cosner left Yellowstone, none of the ole' fuggs here were planning on watching TV anyway..... lol, what a chiity show to waste time on.
The finale of Blacklist airs tonight. After that, I don’t give a chit if we have a television any longer. I have no plans to go to a theater any time soon either.
The comments section so far is 100% along the lines of "good riddance" ya bunch of woke perverts....
Posted By: hanco Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
Who give a cshit??
With Hollywood's losing streak in putting out crappy woke movies they might strike themselves out of a job.

Go for it.
Newsmax is Right leaning so the comments section is skewed in that direction from the start.... still it sounds like they may have Bud Lighted themselves. cool
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
I can only pray it doesn't go on long enough to impact any awards ceremonies.

I know I speak for all of us.
I hope they take all the time they need. Years are fine by me.

-Ken
I can think of 535 really bad actors who shouldn't just go on strike- - - -they need to quit! Nobody would miss any of that bunch!
You mean Matt and Kitty won't be making any more Gunsmoke episodes?
Posted By: 5spd Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
Originally Posted by kendibs
I hope they take all the time they need. Years are fine by me.

-Ken
Make that decades to settle.
Oh Lordy……my entire day has been f ucked up!!
Who ?
Here's to hoping they all end up like Bud Light......
Meh.

Somewhere there's that meme from Tombstone... Johnny Ringo?

You know the one.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
Funny, who needs current programming when there so many reruns of great stuff.

I shall resume my normal programming at 8PM with 2 1/2 Men & move to Gunsmoke at 9.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
This should give them plenty of free time to graciously advise us on what idiotic movements we should support and how we should vote.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/13/23
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The comments section so far is 100% along the lines of "good riddance" ya bunch of woke perverts....
I'm heart broken. Absolutely heart broken.

NOT !!

kwg
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
https://www.newsmax.com/finance/streettalk/hollywood-actors-strike/2023/07/13/id/1126940/

Thankfully I like to read....

Leaders of a Hollywood’s actors union voted Thursday to join screenwriters in the first joint strike in more than six decades, shutting down production across the entertainment industry after talks for a new contract with the studios and streaming services broke down.

Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, executive director of the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Radio and Television Artists, said at a news conference that the union leadership voted for the work stoppage hours after their contract expired and talks broke off with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers representing employers including Disney, Netflix, Amazon, and others.......

who cares about the actor's strike ?

Upcoming UPS strike will affect all of America much more

UPS needs to pull their head outta their azz

https://www.ksl.com/article/50685843/ups-strike-could-be-costliest-in-us-in-a-century-study-says
Millions of obese Americans disapprove
A UPS strike would suck. I like all the drivers that come up my driveway.... Some of the Fed X drivers look like Felons. I guess Fed X uses contract drivers?
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/14/23
Bring on the understudies!
Originally Posted by hanco
Who give a cshit??
Prezactly!
Posted By: Dutch Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/14/23
So...... American actors go on strike, while the Brits et al keep on trucking?

Ok. We could all use another version of Arthur and the round table, right?
Who cares? [bleep] Hollywood
Yea you know that most of America cares about this but we don't [bleep] biden
A UPS strike will hurt no one but the strikers. I have not had a UPS delivery in over 2 years. Fedex an DHL will take up the slack. Orders might take longer to receive. Actors need to strike because no one goes to the theater to watch their $hit. It's Payback for running their mouths and telling us what we should be doing.
A different perspective.

There is a lot of great stuff to watch these days, last week I watched the movie, The Covenant, quite entertaining.

Takes a lot of people to make a movie, sitcoms, or dramas like Sopranos and Breaking Bad which I enjoyed quite a bit.

When you pay 1 guy Millions for his/hers participation in a show and the others that are an important part of making the show barely a living wage, I can understand their grievance.

Just my take.
I hope it lasts a long time. Most of those actors are so highly overpaid that I find it sickening. Ain't damned one of them worth what they get paid in my not very humble opinion.
PJ
Does this mean there will be no good movies coming out?
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Does this mean there will be no good movies coming out?
No, it means Houston 2 is rolling solo to the gay theatre.
I have yet to forgive Hollywood for canceling Amos n Andy.....

Dam fine entertainment lost there.
Posted By: Tminc Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/14/23
Who cares about any of this crap?
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Originally Posted by KillerBee
When you pay 1 guy Millions for his/hers participation in a show and the others that are an important part of making the show barely a living wage, I can understand their grievance.

Just my take.

It's hard to gin up much sympathy for an industry that would be delighted to watch every person in flyover country starve to death. Those same writers that are crying for more pay have sneered at middle America for decades.

Fùck em, I hope they all become homeless and die of dysentery.
As Big Stick says... "Fugg You Couch".
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/14/23
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Meh.

Somewhere there's that meme from Tombstone... Johnny Ringo?

You know the one.

It was Curly Bill (Powers Booth). Well.........Bye!
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I have yet to forgive Hollywood for canceling Amos n Andy.....

Dam fine entertainment lost there.

Also Lum & Abner!!
Posted By: 673 Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/14/23
Himy on strike, they want more black rug munchers on set LOL
Originally Posted by renegade50

For a couple of libertarian retards, those guys nail it every once in a while 😄👍
Good, they don't make anything worth watching anyway
Replacement Actors, there's a whole buttload of good actors waiting to be discovered. Phug the union of liberalism.
Damn!

No shows from Hollweird.

Now I won't have anywhere to see Homos making out, or every other couple being mixed race couples.
Awww Man, You mean I wont get to see any new liberal garbage or woke black remakes of decades old movies? What will I ever do with all that free time?
Unfortunately, a LOT of people do care (or will pretty soon). Even many "conservatives". Most people are absolute entertainment addicts. It seems that they cannot function without new TV shows and movies keeping what's left of their brain cells firing.
audible.com

You get to choose which authors you want to support. You can let them know in the comments if you plan to stop supporting them if they start with the woke crap too....
2ndwind: Your posts heading made me laugh.
I see theres not much sympathy here on the CampFire for the actors/writers "cause".
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hanco Re: Oh no..... actors on strike - 07/22/23
They will be back sooner or later, they got bills to pay!
What kind of moves do the make now?
I dont remember exactly how the old saying goes, but I'll stab at it.....

When I was sick, I needed a doctor
When I was in school, I needed a teacher
When my car broke, I needed a mechanic
But never in my life have I needed a pro athlete or a actor/actress.
maybe they'll stay on strike forever. naw, we'll never get that lucky.
All my life I've been a history buff and until recently I thought all the queens of England were bleach white women as well as all their court. Now that the actors are on strike who will be there to change all this history to show that black folks were under all those powdered wigs? This is a disservice to the children. They need to get back to work so they can be educated.
My wife watches this complete bastardization of history and all the woke under tones. I bitch and she says "It's Just entertainment". I tell her this [bleep] brainwashing. Kids will see this crap and actually think that Alexander Hamilton was a black guy. A few generations later and the history books will also show this. Let all burn.
Does this mean the Film Actors Guild awards will be postponed?? 😂
The saddest part about this whole strike is they might actually have to get real jobs. Ha. Never happen.
Originally Posted by hanco
They will be back sooner or later, they got bills to pay!

I'd love to see them try to live on unemployment here in Bidenomics.

Fugg the Commies!
Hahaha!

You lot would cut your dicks off to get a free Disney+.
Oh no!

Whatever shall I do???

Oh wait, I have turned the TV on in months. Have t been to a movie theatre in years.

Ho hummmm……

I hope they go the same way as Bud Light with their wokeness
Originally Posted by Morewood
With Hollywood's losing streak in putting out crappy woke movies they might strike themselves out of a job.

Go for it.

It's a BS story. Pedophiles are being revealed. They are complaining that AI is being used to destroy them. Problem is, it's not AI. They are using the excuse of AI to strike.

As Trump said, Something big is coming, and nobody knows.

Well, now the pedophiles in Hollywood know. They are fixing to be exposed. Just as Oprah has been lately.

As Q said, Hollywood is going down.
Of course, some say nothing is being done. whistle

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The big explanation is on Connecting the Dots.

Iirc, for the second time.
© 24hourcampfire