Home
Met with some old shipmates on zoom from squadron VAQ-137. Haven't seen these guys since 11Aug76 when I discharged and left Whidbey Island in the rearview mirror. Could not wait to get out back then, now I see how not staying for 20 might have been a mistake. one thing holds true though, I'm still the best looking of the bunch.
George
I’m glad you got to reconnect with your old shipmates. I’m a true believer in things happen for a reason so looking back and regretting choices not chosen ain’t something I’ll spend a second thinking about. Your life would look completely different today if you’d have zigged rather than zagged 37 years ago. I guess that only you can decide if you’d be willing to gamble what you have today for the unknown…..I wouldn’t. 😉

Are you guys going to try to stay in touch more often than every 37 years? In any case I think it’s a great thing to stay in touch with old buddies since old buddies are tough to come by. 👍🏼
Back in 2005, I remember thinking how I’d be retired from the Navy. I thought about everything that I had achieved after I did my Six Yrs plus still married to the same gal with a good paying job. Her putting up with being a Navy wife for most of that six years was good for us both for growing up, that much family separation (we had a boy and a girl when I went to Desert Storm the girl was born Oct 1, 90) over 20 might have been a bit too much.

57 now and while I miss the good times especially in VA-85, I’m glad that I got out. Missed all of those Clinton years too.
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Back in 2005, I remember thinking how I’d be retired from the Navy. I thought about everything that I had achieved after I did my Six Yrs plus still married to the same gal with a good paying job. Her putting up with being a Navy wife for most of that six years was good for us both for growing up, that much family separation (we had a boy and a girl when I went to Desert Storm the girl was born Oct 1, 90) over 20 might have been a bit too much.

57 now and while I miss the good times especially in VA-85, I’m glad that I got out. Missed all of those Clinton years too.

Buckeyes rule!
© 24hourcampfire