Home
Posted By: jbmi What summer should look like. - 07/22/23
For all of youse guys that are suffering under extreme heat, too much rain, not enough rain, tornados, or flat lander boredom, here's a picture for you.
Sunset on Lake Michigan, temps in the upper 70, water temps in the high 60's, calm seas.
Can't get much better than this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Nice pic. Fishing? Any luck?
Posted By: jbmi Re: What summer should look like. - 07/22/23
Salmon are moving North, Port just north of the picture is reporting some good catches of both Lake Trout and Salmon.
Just got the boat ready to go after them , looking forward to it.
Nice!
Saltless and shark free! That’s my kind of water!
Originally Posted by jbmi
Salmon are moving North, Port just north of the picture is reporting some good catches of both Lake Trout and Salmon.
Just got the boat ready to go after them , looking forward to it.

Good luck and enjoy!
Posted By: las Re: What summer should look like. - 07/22/23
Third summer in a row up here that's cooler than average - but that's how one gets averages. Second day in a row of clear skies, about 3rd or 4th day all summer to break 70.

Little lakes higher than I've ever seen them.
That's a nice view!
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Saltless and shark free! That’s my kind of water!

We're getting some Great Whites up here now.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-...ay-of-fundy-andrew-jones-video-1.6913819
Posted By: WMR Re: What summer should look like. - 07/22/23
I grew up in a beach town in West MI. Climate, sand & water that’s hard to equal. If a beach setting could be nicer, I can’t imagine how.
Beautiful, but that water temp is a little cold for my tastes. The older I get the “souther” I like.

Still, it beats being landlocked, which for me is a dealbreaker.
Originally Posted by RickBin
Beautiful, but that water temp is a little cold for my tastes. The older I get the “souther” I like.

Still, it beats being landlocked, which for me is a dealbreaker.

Hay Rick

Bring UR kayak or SUP here at 9800'

I’ll take the Utah setting anyway!!!!
Originally Posted by Robb10238
I’ll take the Utah setting anyway!!!!

The snow is nearly all gone even at 11K'

Hawt SOB stretch of weather right now------boring & 96*

Last Thursday.....had a MAGA T/storm come across the valley

Dropped to 70* from 95* in like 15 minutes

T/storm/monsoon season the next 6-7 weeks...luv it !
I expected a bikini.
Originally Posted by las
Third summer in a row up here that's cooler than average - but that's how one gets averages. Second day in a row of clear skies, about 3rd or 4th day all summer to break 70.

Little lakes higher than I've ever seen them.
I’m hoping to see literal tons and tons of hay on fields.

So different from summer Part I, last year.
Been nice here. I think it got up to 75 here yesterday and 77 today. It's 60 right now and dang pleasant outside. Supposed to get up to 83 tomorrow. Hotter than I like but all in all not too bad for July.
High desert reservoir, air temp 94, water temp 76, lots of bass and walleye!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Maybe drive 3 1/2 hours west across the mountains and enjoy air temps around 80, water temp 69, a lot more green and still quite a few bass!

An hour further west and enjoy salty air, mild air temps that rarely break 85, cold water in the high 50s, and some company:

Washington is a truly beautiful place to live….except for the people and politics.
66* and sunny right now at Long Beach, WA
Posted By: RAS Re: What summer should look like. - 07/23/23
This was Lake Michigan last night.

Posted By: EdM Re: What summer should look like. - 07/23/23
Still warm but we managed a few estate sales and lunch today. Cool down will come Monday. I'll caddy for my wife in Bonners Ferry on Tuesday. The two pups enjoy the course.

A low country boil after a blue sky day, on a Carolina beach. Don’t forget the Carolina grown corn and watermelon! I am lucky to have been to a lot of cool places over the years, but there is no place that I would rather be, on a summer day, than on the Carolina coast. Give me the N.C. mountains in the fall.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]high quality image hosting
Moraine Lake Alberta Canada today
Originally Posted by skinner
For the win right there.
Tonight roasting hotdogs and then marshmallows in the backyard for a “camp out” with the youngest while my wife is downstate with my stepson for travel ball. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
We have been on a bus tour of the Canadian Rockies for the past week and have seen some gorgeous scenery but the crowds are horrendous. I think everyone has been wanting to get out since the Covid foolishness [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Which lake is that one Tikkanut?
Posted By: efw Re: What summer should look like. - 07/23/23
Looks great Jerry I also love that Big Lake Life!
© 24hourcampfire